Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer in full effect! Hope you guys are enjoying. Kuddos!
Buffy and Spike sat in the housing office for what felt like forever. Every once and awhile Buffy would send him a dirty look and let out an audible huff. Looking at the clock she wondered what was taking so long. No one else was there, but the office door was closed and had a sign that said ‘in meeting’, so Buffy continued to sit there while Spike drummed his fingers on the chair next to him and sang under his breath some awful song.

Spike was bored out of his mind. He wasn’t what you would call a ‘patient’ person, he was more of the hyper active variety, so to have to sit in one spot for long periods of time with nothing to do usually didn’t go over well with him. Drumming his fingers to the last thing he heard on the radio he began to sing under his breath. “I want to be sedated.”

Buffy had had enough. If he didn’t stop right that second she was going to snap his fingers and rip his tongue right out of his mouth. Just as he started to really get going she wiped around and snapped “Do you mind?”

Spike looked at her and smirked. “Not at all luv,” and continued his little beat.

Buffy saw red. He was really beginning to piss her off.

“If you don’t’ stop right now I’m gonna…” but she was cut off by the opening of the door. Thanking who ever would listen she got up from her chair and walked to the door. Spike followed in suit and they waited to be called on.


”Miss Summers, Mr. Livingston, what can I do for you today?” Mrs. Archer, the short round woman who was head of the housing office asked them politely.

Buffy smiled at the plump woman. “Mrs., Archer we seem to have a little bit of a problem and we we’re wondering if you might be able to solve it,” Buffy said in her sweetest voice. She had learned over the years that kindness gets you everywhere.

“Of course, won’t you both come in my office and we’ll see if we can sort things out.”

Buffy nodded politely and followed the director into her office. Spike made a gagging noise at Buffy’s icky sweet tone, and walked in behind her.

Buffy wiped her head around to Spike when she heard the gross noise he was making and glared at him. He was so going to be the one to leave the room. Taking her seat she plastered a bright smile on her face.

Spike walked in and plopped on the chair next to Buffy, slouched, and spread his legs in a vulgar manner, making himself comfortable.

Mrs. Archer sat at her desk and began to type a few things in her computer as she addressed the couple before her. “So, what brings you two by here today?”

Buffy glanced over at Spike and let a look of disgust cross her face before turning and looking at Mr. Archer sweetly. “Well it seems that there has been a terrible mistake with our living arrangements.”

Mrs. Archer smiled at her. “Well let’s start at the beginning. What room are you in Miss. Summers?”

“Room 206”

Mrs. Archer began to type on her computer, when her brow began to furrow. “Mr. Livingston what room have you been assigned to?”

Spike looked at the woman knowingly and arched his brow as he replied, “Room 206” the tone of his voice let her know that he knew they had screwed up.

Mrs. Archer looked back and forth between both blondes and let out a small sigh. Folding her hands on her desk, she addressed them both. “Well it seems that the system has managed to assign you both to the same room,” she began when she was suddenly interrupted.

Spike rolled his eyes. “Well yeah, we figured that on our own,” he said sarcastically.

Mrs. Archer gave him a pointed look before continuing. “As I was TRYING to say,” she looked back at Spike to get her point across. “This comes as a problem. While you do live in a coed building, the rooms are strictly same sex. What we would normally do, is try and reassign one of you to a different room,” she waited a beat before she continued “but there is a housing shortage right now, so I’m afraid there isn’t another dorm to give one of you.” She sat back in her chair and tried to gauge their reaction.

Buffy let out a soft groan. Great what was she gonna do now? There was no way she was moving back in with her parents and she couldn’t afford to live off campus. She looked at Mrs. Archer with hopeful eyes and waited for her to give them their options.

Spike let out a snort and voiced his opinion. “Just fucking great, I guess you’ll be expectin’ me to bow down to Miss Teen Queen here and give her the room, yeah,” he said dryly as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Mrs. Archer removed her glasses and rubbed the bridge of her nose. She really didn’t want to have to deal with this right now. She stared at the two people sitting before her, one praying she would get to stay and the other ready to start tearing the place apart. Letting out a heavy sigh she leveled with them. “Listen, I normally would never suggest this, but this is one of those cases that falls under the exception.” She hesitated before she continued “Since the room has private bedrooms you can either both live there until another room becomes available or one of you can move off campus,” she said matter of factly.

Both Buffy and Spike stared at the woman with their mouths hanging open. There was no way in hell they could actually live together. They would kill each other before something else opened up. Simultaneously, they turned to stare at one another.

Spike knew there was no way he could handle being under the same roof as her. She made him have too many thoughts of the not so pure kind. Tearing his gaze from Buffy, he looked back to Mrs. Archer.

Buffy felt panicked at the thought of living with Spike. She would never admit it, but she felt sparks fly every time he looked into her eyes, like he was trying to see her soul. When he looked away from her, she turned to face the plump woman before her. “Mrs. Archer I don’t think this is gonna work.” She stated desperately.

Spike chimed in. “Yeah, there’s no bloody way we can share a dorm, we’d kill each other before you’d have the chance to reassign us.” He stated plainly.

Mrs. Archer took what they had to say into consideration as she responded. “I understand this comes as an inconvenience to you both, but I’m sorry; this is the only other option I can think of, unless you both want to forfeit the room and give it to the next two people on the list.” She said rationally.

Buffy looked back over to spike and sighed. Turning her attention back to Mrs. Archer she asked meekly, “How long before another dorm becomes available?”

Spike snapped his eyes to Buffy. “What? Are you actually thinking of livin’ together?” he asked completely astonished.

Buffy gave him a defeated look. “We don’t really have much choice now do we?” Not waiting for his reply, she turned back to Mrs. Archer and asked again, “How long?”

Mrs. Archer looked at them sympathetically. “Well it would be until summer semester, so about eight months.”

Buffy let out a groan as she put her face in her hands. Spike on the other hand voiced his dislike for the situation. “This is bloody ridiculous. We have to suffer because you gits screwed things up and managed to over extend your housing?”

Mrs. Archer was done dealing with this for today. It was Friday and she was above and beyond ready for the weekend. Looking at them both she stated with finality in her tone, “Listen you have the weekend to decide what you want to do. You can either both stay in the dorm this weekend or one of you can leave, that’s up to you. Get back to me first thing Monday morning with your final decision.” Resolve was written clearly on her face.

Buffy stood from her chair with a crest fallen face. “Thank you Mrs. Archer for all your help. We’ll let you know our final answer on Monday morning,” and with that she walked out the door.

Spike watched as Buffy shuffled out the door looking absolutely defeated. For some reason seeing her so broken caused a pain in his chest. Getting up from his own seat, he was out the door without so much as one word to the woman who had put them in this whole mess.

Spike tried to catch up with Buffy, but she was already gone. Letting out an irritated sigh he booked it back to what was probably going to turn out to be her dorm.

Buffy ran all the way back to the dorm in hopes that she wouldn’t have to talk to Spike. The look on his face when she had asked how long they would have to share a room cut right through her. He looked absolutely horrified at the idea. Once she reached the room, she bent over and placed her hands on her knees gasping for air. She ran so hard she could taste blood in her lungs. Coughing a few times she righted her position and fished her keys out. Just as she was fixing to put her key in he lock she heard her name being called down the hall.

Spike ran through the common area and headed straight for the stairs taking two at a time. Once he reached the second floor he turned the corner and saw Buffy trying to unlock the door. Slowing down he called out to her. “Buffy wait!”

Buffy turned around and saw Spike stop in front of her gasping for much needed air. Letting go of the doorknob she crossed her arms over her chest. “What?” she bit out.

Once he felt like he could talk without choking he looked at her and gasped out between breaths “Why… did… you… run... away…?”

Buffy let her anger override her hurt and barked at him “Why do you care?”

Spike finally caught his breath and gave her a menacing look. “Do you have to be a bleeding bitch all the time? God, I just thought that maybe we could talk about this like adults, but apparently I over estimated you.”

Buffy felt flat out enraged. How dare he talk to her look that? Glaring at him she spat out threw clinched teeth “Go to hell Spike” and with that she opened the door and blew in slamming it behind her.

Spike stuck the toe of his boot in the door to catch it before it closed. Yanking it open he stormed in slamming it be hind him. Seeing she was fixing to flee to her room he reached out and grabbed her by the shoulders spinning her around to face him.

Buffy wanted nothing more than to shut herself in her room for the rest of the weekend. Spike Livingston could fall off the face of the earth for all she cared. Darting for her room she felt hot tears begin to burn her eyes. Just as she was about to reach her door, she felt strong arms grab her and spin her around.

Spike spun her around, nostrils flared and chest heaving with anger. He took one look at the teary eyed girl in his hands and instantly softened his demeanor. His eyes softened as he asked “Pet, please don’t cry, I can’t take it when girls cry.”

Buffy saw his face soften as he spoke his simple request, but those simple words caused her tears to fall from her eyes and a small sob to escape her throat.

Spike heard her soft cry and felt his heart break. How could he have made her cry? He really has a right bastard. Letting instinct take over, he pulled her in his arms and hugged her softly.

Buffy was shocked to feel two strong arms wrapped loosely around her frame. She stood stiffly at first, but slowly let herself relax into his warm embrace.

When he felt her relax he stroked her hair softly and whispered in her ear. “Shhhh, don’t cry. “

Buffy felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end at the feel of his warm breath on her neck. She jerked away as if she had been burned staring at him with wide eyes.

Spike was startled to feel her practically jump out of his arms. Giving her a confused look, he questioned her, “What’s wrong Pet?”

Buffy looked away nervously, “Nothing.” She tried to sound normal, but her voice came out a little more strained than she had hoped.

Spike could tell she was uneasy from them being so close, so he decided to change the subject. “Right, well I think we should talk about our new living arrangements.”

Buffy looked at him completely baffled. “What? You said you didn’t want to share the room.”

Spike looked at her with determination in his eyes. “Well pet like you said before, we don’t have much of a choice. I can’t afford to live off campus since I’m paying out of country tuition and you won’t move, so the only other thing to do is share the room until they can move one of us.”

Buffy looked at him skeptically. “And you decided this just on your way back from the housing office? Just a minute ago you acted as if someone had told you you’d be living with a serial killer,” she remarked snidely.

Spike took a deep breath and fought the urge to let his temper get the better of him from her snide remark. Looking at her he replied, “Yes pet I did decide on my way back that us rooming together wouldn’t be the end of the world.” He said with false kindness.

Buffy placed her hands on her hips. “Well, what if I decided I don’t want to live with you?” She said indignantly.

Spike threw his hands in the air in aggravation. “Bloody hell girl! What’s it gonna take?” He growled out.

Buffy looked him straight in the eyes and stated “An apology.”

Spike looked her like she was crazy. “A what?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “You know, as in you say ‘I’m Sorry Buffy for calling you a bitch and treating you like shit since the moment I walked in the door’ or something along those lines,” she stated simply.

Spike growled in frustration. “Fine alright, alright. Bloody hell, I’m sorry Buffy,” He said in a huff.

“For?” Buffy said expectantly

“For calling you a bitch and treating you like shit since the moment I walked in the door,” He grumbled out.

Buffy had a satisfied look on her face. “See, now was that so bad?”

Spike looked at her defiantly. “Bloody yes it was,” he muttered like a sullen child.

Buffy couldn’t hide the smile on her face from his behavior. Men could be such babies when they had to admit they were wrong. Buffy stuck her hand out in offering. “Truce?”

Spike grumbled something about bloody women being the end of him as he took her hand in his and mumbled “Truce.”

Buffy shook Spike’s hand and then pulled her hand away with a smirk on her face. She had won.

Spike saw the knowing smirk on her face and mentally kicked himself. By apologizing to her, he had pretty much admitted he was wrong even though he knew he wasn’t the only one at fault. Glaring at Buffy he said, “You think you’re so smart don’t you Summers.”

Buffy gave him her best doe eyed innocent look and replied, “What ever are you talking about?”

Spike growled at her as he turned and stalked off to his room mumbling British words Buffy didn’t even begin to understand, slamming the door.

Buffy chuckled to herself watching the defeated man stomp off to his room like an immature brat. Feeling a sense of pride, she went to her own room to finish organizing her things.




Thanks to MidnightGirl, Maddie Mae, lacey, MarstersGirl13, Mariana,adn BuffyandSpikeForever for the lovely reviews. You guys are a bundle of peaches! Kuddos!