Spike pulled into the gas station/McDonalds and shut off the engine. Placing a sweet kiss to Buffy’s temple, he murmured, “Wake up kitten.”

Buffy rubbed at her eyes and questioned her surroundings. “Where are we?”

“’Bout an hour outside of LA. Figured we might as well get gas now while I get you girls a bite to eat,” Spike explained grinning at Buffy madly. She looked absolutely adorable when she first woke up.

Buffy glanced over her shoulder to see Willow fast asleep, snoring softly. Buffy let out a small giggle. “And she said she doesn’t snore.” Turning to back to Spike she stifled a yawn. “I guess I was more tired than I thought” she admitted sheepishly.

Spike gave her a suggestive grin. “Well it could be from staying up so late last night luv,” he said as he waggled his brow at her.

Buffy stared at Spike wide eyed and smacked him across the chest. Spike just simply laughed and got out to start pumping gas. Buffy shook her head and settled back in her seat. It felt so strange to be able to be so openly affectionate toward Spike, and yet it just felt right. Letting a grin cross her face, Buffy let out a content sigh. She could get used to this.

Spike got back in the car and pulled into a vacant space in the parking lot. Spike glanced in the back seat to make sure Willow was still asleep and then caught Buffy off guard with a passionate kiss.

Buffy’s first instinct was to protest but when she felt Spike’s tongue softly caress hers she instantly melted into his fiery kiss and returned it with equal fervor. When air became an issue they both reluctantly pulled away panting. Buffy felt as if her whole body was on fire. In a breathy voice Buffy asked, “What was that for?”

Spike grinned at Buffy and softly stroked her jean covered knee. “Couldn’t help myself. Been too long since I kissed you right an’ proper,” Spike purred as he inched his hand slowly up Buffy’s thigh.

Buffy felt her breath hitch in her throat. Even though Spike wasn’t even touching her skin she could feel the heat radiating off his hand and it sent a rush of goose bumps all over her body. Buffy rolled her eyes shut and began to breathe rapidly from Spike’s soft touch.

Spike watched Buffy began to react to his touch and felt himself becoming hard. She had managed to turn him on just by fucking breathing. Spike was just about to the spot where her thigh met that sweet spot between her legs when Willow began to stir in the back seat. Spike slowly brought his hand away from Buffy’s leg and let a slew of curse words fall silently from his lips. Red couldn’t have had worse timing.

Buffy snapped her eyes open when Spike pulled his hand away and turned to him with questioning eyes. Spike nodded his head in the direction of the back seat, gesturing towards Willow. Buffy took a steadying breath and then turned around to look at her red headed friend.

Willow let out a yawn and stretched in the back seat. “Are we there yet?” she asked in a sleep filled voice.

“No. Just stopped for food and gas,” Spike replied in a tight voice. Buffy simply grinned at Spike, knowing why he was so ‘flustered’.

Willow frowned. Why did Spike sound so tense? Did he and Buffy have an argument? Willow looked over at Buffy and noticed she was grinning, so it couldn’t be that they were fighting. As if a light bulb had gone off in Willow’s head she took in Buffy’s flushed state and put two and two together. Ah! That’s why Spike sounded that way. Letting out a soft chuckle Willow patted Spike’s shoulder. “Oh good, I’m starved.”

Buffy and Willow got out of the car and stretched lazily, but Spike stayed firmly in his seat. Willow leaned over and grinned knowingly at Spike. “Hey aren’t you gonna get out of the car?” she asked teasingly.

Spike shot Willow a dirty look. “Yeah, give us a minute. My legs asleep,” Spike lied. He knew for a fact by the look on Willow’s face that she was well aware of his predicament.

“Well I always find that if you rub at it that it seems to go way.” Then with a smirk Willow added, “Maybe Buffy could help you out.”

Buffy was completely unaware of what Willow was talking about and leaned over next to her friend. “Which leg is it Spike?” Willow almost fell over from laughing so hard. Buffy frowned wondering what the hell was so funny.

Spike glared at the red head and then looked at Buffy. “It’s nothing pet, I should be fine, just need to walk it off is all.”

Spike got out of the car and discretely adjusted himself, ending up next to Buffy and a hysterical Willow. Spike took Buffy’s hand in his and shoved Willow in the direction of the door. “Oh just shut your gob Red and come on,” he snapped as he opened the door to McDonalds.

Willow wiped at her eyes and grabbed her sides. “Oh, I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in a long time,” Willow gasped following Spike and Buffy to the registers.

Spike pulled Buffy to his side and asked, “What’ll it be luv?” Buffy reached in her pocket for her money and handed it to Spike.

“I hope you don’t actually think I’m gonna take that?” Spike asked incredulously. Buffy wrinkled her brow in confusion. Spike looked at her like she was crazy. “Buffy, no girl of mine is gonna spend her own money as long as I’m still living and breathing,” he explained.

Buffy gave Spike a soft smile. “Well in that case, I’ll have a cheeseburger, fries, and a coke, oh and one of those apple pies,” Buffy replied giddily.

Spike placed a chaste kiss to her lips. “At a girl. I like a girl with a healthy appetite.” Spike turned to Willow and asked, “What about you Red? What’ll it be?”

“Sorry Spike, not your girl, not your bill,” Willow chirped as she studied the menu.

Spike shrugged his shoulders. “Fine suit yourself.”

Spike placed his and Buffy’s order and stepped aside so Willow could place hers. Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy’s waist and gave her an Eskimo kiss. “Do you know how good it feels to not have to pretend I’m not bug shaggin’ crazy about you?” Spike asked with a grin.

Buffy felt her cheeks flush at Spike’s admission. Why had she fought this for so long? Spike made her feel like she was the only one that existed. Giving him a shy smile she replied, “Yeah, I kinda do.”

Spike captured Buffy’s lips in a soft kiss and held her tighter to him. Buffy felt Spike begin to harden against her and pulled away wide eyed. Spike felt a blush tint his cheeks as he leaned in and whispered in her ear, “See what you do to me kitten with just a simple snog.”

Buffy pulled back and blushed a deep scarlet. Buffy furrowed her brow and asked, “Snog?”

“Yeah, you know, kissing,” Spike replied with a chuckle.

Buffy wrinkled her nose. “It sounds like something you would blow in a tissue,” she admitted and pulled a face.

Spike let out a full laugh. “Pet, I think that’s the most adorable thing I have ever heard you say.”

Buffy tried to scowl at Spike but came across as just looking amused. Spike placed another kiss to Buffy’s sweet lips before grabbing their tray that had just been placed on the counter.

Buffy and Spike found a table for the three of them. Buffy helped unload the tray of its food and then turned to Spike. “I’m gonna go wash up real quick, be back in a jiffy,” Buffy informed him, but she didn’t get far before she was being hoisted into Spikes lap and attacked by his soft lips. Buffy pulled her self out of Spike’s lap and gave him a warning look.

Spike gave Buffy his best innocent look. “What?”

Buffy shook her head and went to the restrooms. Spike watched as Buffy left and grinned like a loon. He would never get tired of kissing that girl. Digging into his food, Willow came and sat across from him. Spike swallowed the bite in his mouth and asked, “So, you think your funny do you?”

Willow popped a fry in her mouth and grinned. “I just couldn’t help myself,” then giggling she added, “you have to admit it was pretty damn hilarious when Buffy asked which leg.”

Spike shook his head and chuckled. “If she only knew,” Spike retorted taking a drink of his coke.

“If she only knew what?” Buffy asked arching her brow.

Spike choked on his drink and managed to spew some across the table at Willow. Willow let out a shriek and everyone in the restaurant turned to stare at them. Buffy let out a laugh and grabbed the napkins from the table to help Willow clean the coke off her face.

Spike managed to get control of his coughing. “Nice to see where your loyalty lies pet,” he remarked dryly. Then turning to some of the other patrons he snapped, “What are you lookin’ at?” The other guests quickly looked away and went back to their meals.

Buffy continued to laugh and took her seat next to Spike. Placing a kiss to Spike’s cheek she replied, “You weren’t changing colors so I figured you’d be okay,” she teased.

“Yeah and you weren’t drenched in coke either,” Willow added dryly. Willow looked down at her soggy food and pulled a face.

Spike noticed Willow’s food was other than edible and offered her some of his. “Here Red, I got an extra burger if you want it.”

Willow shuffled her food around and then looked up at Spike accepting the burger. “I guess seeing how I wasn’t exactly in the mood for Spike cooties today,” she pouted.

Spike chuckled and put some fries on her tray as well. Willow clapped her hands giddily and popped some fries in her mouth. They sat quietly eating their food for some time before Buffy spoke up and asked, “So if I only knew what?” hands crossed over her chest and an expectant look on her face.

Spike and Willow stared at Buffy for a moment before Willow supplied, “Uh, that Spike has really bad circulation.” It was the only thing she could think of. Spike gave Willow a look and Willow shrugged her shoulders.

Buffy gave Willow a disbelieving look. “Bad circulation?”

“Yep, bloody awful. Legs constantly acting up,” Spike added, trying to sound convincing. Willow snickered and Spike kicked her under the table. Willow bit back a yelp and rubbed her leg shooting a dirty look at Spike, which gained her a smirk.

Buffy shook her head not believing a word either of them said. “If you say so,” Buffy commented casually.

Spike let out a sigh of relief. He would have a hell of a time trying to explain to Buffy that the only circulation problem he had was that all the blood in his brain tended to drift to his nether regions.

They finished lunch and piled into the Desoto for the final leg of their journey back to LA. Willow sat in the back seat with a grin on her face while Spike would send her the occasional dirty look.

Willow grinned evilly at Spike and asked, “So, how’s that leg of yours Spike?”

Spike looked at Willow in the rearview mirror and replied, “Fine, but the other two are gonna kick your ass.”

Buffy turned to Spike with a confused look and muttered, “Huh?”

Willow couldn’t hold back her laughter as Spike turned to Buffy and groaned, “Oh bloody hell.”