Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Brunettepet, MidnightGirl, LittleTigerBaby, BuffyandSpikeForever, Kristin, spikesbabi, Cordykitten, LiLi, Chelsea, and everyone who has reviewed this fic, y'all are absolutely amazing! As alaways, disclaimer in full effect.
Spike looked at the clock in the library and noted it was after four. Grabbing his cell phone, he called Willow to make sure his plan was in motion.

Willow looked at the caller ID and rolled her eyes exasperatedly. “Hello Spike.”

“Well?” He asked impatiently.

“Well what?” Willow replied as if she had no clue what Spike was talking about.

“Don’t play dumb Red, it doesn’t suite you,” Spike retorted dryly.

“Oh, you mean did Buffy go home?” Willow drawled casually.

“Red, I’m about two seconds from coming over there and snapping your cute little head off your shoulders if you don’t tell me about Buffy,” Spike hissed.

“Alright, alright, keep your panties on,” Willow grumbled. “She left about….oh I don’t know, maybe five, ten minutes ago,” she informed the very impatient bleached blond.

“Do you think she found the note yet?” Spike asked becoming very nervous.

“Well my guess would be-,” Willow was interrupted by a call on the other line. “Spike hold on, I have a beep.” Willow didn’t wait for a response and clicked over to the other call.

“Hello?”

“Alright Wills, what are you and Spike up to?” Buffy asked knowingly.

“Buffy what ever are you talking about,” Willow replied in mock innocence.

“Oh, I don’t know, the fact that I get home to find a note saying to be ready at seven for a romantic evening for two,” Buffy asked accusingly.


“Don’t know what you’re talking about,” Willow replied dumbly. “But if you don’t want to be late you better quit wasting your time on the phone and go get ready,” Willow informed her friend, amusement evident in her voice.

“I’ll deal with you later,” Buffy replied as she hung up the phone to go and get ready for her mystery date.

Willow let out a giggle and clicked back over to Spike.

Spike let out an aggravated sigh and grumbled, “Think you took bloody long enough?”

“Listen Mr. Cranky pants, you better be nice to me or I’m not gonna tell you who I just talked to,” Willow replied indignantly.

Spike quickly back pedaled. “Sorry Red, it’s just I’m so bloody anxious about tonight,” Spike apologized.

Willow took pity on the poor guy and let out a sigh. “Well since you said sorry and all,” Willow relented. “Buffy found your note and your plan should be in full swing.”

“Ah Red, I could kiss you right now,” Spike replied giddily.

“Save the smooches for someone that actually wants them Spike,” Willow teased.

“Well you didn’t complain that one summer,” Spike pointed out jokingly.

Willow thought about the few times she had actually kissed Spike and pulled a face. “Spike that was forever ago and, well, not that mind altering,” Willow confessed.

“Hey!” Spike replied indignantly. “You said I was a good kisser,” he defended.

“Well I didn’t have too much to compare it to at the time,” Willow commented casually.

“I’ll have you know, I’m a damn good kisser, even better than your precious Xander,” Spike retorted huffily.

Willow had to laugh. “Oh poor Spike, can’t take a little constructive criticism,” Willow taunted.

“’M hangin’ up now,” Spike informed her dryly.

“Have fun,” Willow chirped.

“Yeah, thanks Red,” Spike said sarcastically before he hung up. Spike put his phone away and headed over to Angel’s frat house to get ready.

With a frown marring his face, he grumbled under his breath, “Stupid Red, what does she know, I’m a bloody amazing kisser.”

Buffy looked up at the clock and noticed she had only about ten minutes left till Spike would be there. Putting the back on her diamond stud earring, she looked herself over in the mirror.

She had settled on the dress her mother had gotten for her for her father’s Christmas party last year. It was a simple back spaghetti strapped dress that had a swag neck line and plunged low in the back. It hugged her slender curves all the way down to just below her knees. She accessorized her outfit with a pair of strappy black heels that made her legs look like they ran on for miles.

Her hair was done up in an elegant twist with a few wispy hairs left loose to frame her thin face. She had gone heavier with her makeup this evening to bring out her emerald eyes and full plump lips. With a nod of approval, Buffy grabbed her wrap and headed into the living room to nervously wait for Spike.

At exactly seven o’clock there was a soft knock at the door. Buffy got up from the couch and smoothed out her dress before answering the door. When she pulled it open she nearly fell over in shock. Spike was wearing a black tailored suit that hugged every curve and muscle of his exquisite body with a rich burgundy bottom down shirt and a black silk tie. Buffy had never seen a man look as gorgeous as Spike did at that very moment. Buffy let out a breathy sigh. “Spike,” she gushed unable to form a coherent thought.

Spike didn’t hear a word Buffy had said. He was still in a state of awe over how bloody gorgeous Buffy looked. Her hair was pulled up to expose her slender neck and her elegant black dress hugged her body to show off her feminine curves. Spike let his eyes run up and down Buffy’s body hungrily before settling on her eyes.

“Buffy luv, you look amazing,” he gushed huskily. Remembering he had flowers in his hand he held them out to Buffy and smiled shyly. “Here, these are for you.”

Buffy took the offered flowers and brought them to her nose. Inhaling deeply, she closed her eyes and let the fragrance fill her senses.

“Spike these smell absolutely wonderful, what are they?” Buffy asked as she found a vase to put her flowers in.

“'Madame Alfred Carriere'. They’re one of the most fragrant roses,” Spike replied as he walked in the door.

“So tell me, what do I owe the pleasure of a romantic night for two,” Buffy asked as she placed a sweet kiss to Spike’s lips.

“Just something to show you how much I love you,” Spike purred into Buffy’s ear.

Buffy felt a chill of excitement course through her as Spike’s warm cinnamon tinted breath breezed across her neck. Her body physically reacted to the closeness of Spike. It had been just way too long.

Spike felt himself harden as the smell of Buffy’s shampoo and perfume filled his senses. Knowing if they didn’t leave now, he would just ravage her right then and there, he pulled back and looked into Buffy eyes.
“We better get going, we don’t want to miss are reservations,” Spike suggested in a tight voice as he offered Buffy his arm.

Buffy nodded mutely and let Spike lead her out of the apartment. Everyone in the halls stopped to stare at the blond couple as they made their way out of the building and to the parking lot. Buffy couldn’t help but grin at the envious stares the girls from their building shot her direction. Gripping Spike’s arm, Buffy smiled keeping her eyes trained forward.

Spike shot warning glances at any guy who dare to look at Buffy with lustful eyes. Buffy was his and his only. Sure it was a caveman theory, but he wasn’t going to share his girl with anyone.

When they reached the parking lot Buffy frowned and asked, “Spike where’s your car?”

Spike grinned and looked down at Buffy. “Well since I wanted tonight to be extra special I decided it might be better to ride around in this,” He replied gesturing to the midnight blue BMW Z3.

“You rented a car?” Buffy gasped disbelievingly.

“Well not exactly. Talked Angel into letting me barrow his car since he still owed me from his little intrusion,” Spike replied with a grin. Angel had been pretty adamant on telling him ‘no’ about using his car until Spike had threatened to lie and tell Harmony Kendall that Angel was secretly in love with her. For some reason, Angel was quick to hand over the keys after that.

Buffy turned to Spike with a twinkle in her eyes. “This is absolutely amazing Spike, I can’t believe you went to all this trouble.”

Spike kissed the tip of Buffy’s nose. “Nothin’s too good for my girl,” Spike replied with a lopsided grin as he helped Buffy into the fancy sports car.

Spike got in on the driver’s side and started the ignition. With a rev of the engine Spike pulled out of the parking lot and headed for downtown LA.

They rode in comfortable silence for a few minutes before Buffy asked, “So, where are you taking me exactly?”

“It’s a surprise,” Spike replied with a wink.

“You do know I don’t do well with surprises right?”

“Well I promise this one will be one you will thank me for later,” Spike purred as he brought her hand to his lips for a kiss.

Buffy gave Spike a shy smile and settled back in her seat. So far this was turning out to be the night that they had both been hoping for.

Spike pulled into the valet area of the Hyatt Hotel and turned to look at Buffy. Buffy stared at Spike with wide eyes. Spike let out a chuckle.

“I swear, it’s not what you think pet,” He assured her in an amused tone.

Buffy cocked a perfectly sculpted brow at him. “Oh really? You mean this isn’t a hotel,” Buffy asked suspiciously.

“Well, yes, it is a hotel, but that’s not why we’re here, unless…” Spike replied suggestively.

Buffy gave Spike a warning look. Spike let out a laugh and shook his head.

“They have a restaurant here Buffy,” Spike informed her.

Buffy felt a blush tint her cheeks. “Oh! Sorry,” she apologized.

“No worries pet, I can see how you would get that impression,” Spike assured her.

The valet walked up to their car and opened their doors. Buffy was helped out of the car by a nice looking guy who didn’t look much older then her. He smiled brightly at her and winked as he ushered her to the curb. Buffy smiled appreciatively at the nice young man and stood to wait for Spike.

Spike gave the keys to the gentleman who was to park the car and tipped him appropriately. Spike had noticed out of the corner of his eye that the guy who had helped Buffy from the car was blatantly flirting with his girl. Spike walked over to Buffy and slipped a possessive arm around her tiny waist while leveling the valet with a dominant glare.

Buffy looked up at Spike and saw the look in his eyes and just shook her head. Was he actually jealous of the valet guy? For reassurance, Buffy reached up and brushed Spike’s cheek before placing a sweet kiss to his full lips.

Spike looked down at Buffy with loving eyes as he led her into the hotel lobby. Spike took one last glance over his shoulder at the valet and flashed him a victorious grin before walking in the doors with his girl at his side.

Buffy took in the fancy hotel lobby and let out a gasp. She had stayed in nice hotels before, but none as lavish as this one. There where high back leather chairs scattered around the room along with Laura Ashley couches in different patterns and colors to accent the hard wood floors and cream colored walls.

Spike looked over at Buffy and placed a kiss to her temple. “Come on, our reservation is ready,” Spike informed the awe stricken Buffy as he led her to the hotel restaurant.

Spike walked up to the podium and held his head high. “Reservations for Livingston, party of two,” Spike informed the host in an upper class English accent. Buffy just watched in awe as Spike carried himself with such sophistication.

The host looked over his book and then looked up at Spike with a smile. “Of course Mr. Livingston, right this way,” The host replied as he led Buffy and Spike to a secluded table with two candles burning softly in the middle of the table.

Spike pulled out Buffy’s chair and helped her to sit down. Spike took his seat across from Buffy and glanced over the wine list. Spike placed their order with the host and looked up at Buffy with loving eyes. As soon as they were alone Spike asked, “So, still against surprises?”

“Not if they all end up like this,” Buffy replied smiling brightly.

Their waiter for the evening brought the wine and offered them menus. Spike ordered for the both of them and handed the menus back to the waiter.

Buffy looked over at Spike surprised.

“Okay, who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend?” she teased playfully.

“What?” Spike asked grinning.

“Well first you walk in all swagger and confidence, and then you give this upper class accent that has everyone around you feeling inferior, and now with the male dominance,” Buffy pointed out.

“You forget luv, I went to one of London’s finest prep schools, so I have the act down to a ‘T’,” he informed Buffy with a sly grin.

Buffy shook her head disbelievingly. “Well you definitely had me fooled,” Buffy commented.

“You’re not upset are you?” Spike asked insecurely. He wasn’t sure if ordering for Buffy was a bit over the top.

“No, not at all,” Buffy assured him. Then with a cheeky grin, she added, “Actually it was kinda hot,” she admitted.

“Hot huh?” He replied with a sexy smirk.

Buffy looked over at Spike with hooded eyes. “Uh huh,” She replied in a sultry tone.

Spike felt his pants tighten at Buffy’s tone. God she looked sexy sitting there looking at him as if she wanted to just eat him up. Loosening his tie a bit, he warned huskily, “Careful luv, you keep that up and I’m libel to snatch you up from that chair, find the closest dark corner, and shag you right then and there.”

Buffy felt her whole body flush at Spike’s suggestion. She mentally pictured Spike taking her up against the wall and doing all kinds of delicious things to her body. Mouth suddenly gone dry, Buffy picked up her glass of wine and took a greedy sip.

“Easy luv, don’t want you getting’ tipsy,” Spike warned playfully.

Buffy finished half her glass before she put it back down. Looking back up at Spike she saw a mix of emotions swirl in his cerulean eyes. Want, need, desire, but most of all love. Buffy felt her heart swell at the sight of the man before her. She knew what she had to do.

“Spike I want to say I’m sorry for the way I reacted the other night about you going to England. I understand you have to be with your mom,” Buffy apologized.

Spike reached across the table and took Buffy’s small hand in his. “Buffy you have nothing to be sorry about. You were upset and you don’t have to apologize for the way you feel,” Spike assured her.

“But I could have handled it differently. I shouldn’t have just run off to my room without us talking things out. We should never go to bed upset.”

“The important thing is that we’re talking now,” Spike replied softly.

“So we’re okay?” Buffy asked timidly.

“I’d like to think so,” Spike replied hopefully.

Buffy smiled lovingly at Spike. “We’re better than okay, we’re perfect,” She replied with all the emotion she felt.

Spike leaned across the table, pulled Buffy to him and placed a sweet kiss to her lips. Letting his lips linger against hers for a moment, Spike sat back in his chair and looked at Buffy with lust filled eyes.

Buffy let out a shaky breath and met Spike’s gaze. They sat there just staring at one another letting their eyes do all the talking. The waiter brought them their entries and left the couple to enjoy their meal.

Buffy and Spike sat in comfortable silence as they ate dinner. They would occasionally steal a glance of the other and convey what they felt through their eyes. Once dinner was done Spike took care of the bill and helped Buffy from her chair. Buffy stopped Spike before they got to the door and turned him to look in his eyes.

“Spike?” Buffy asked timidly

“Yeah pet?” Spike asked curiously.

“What else did you have planed for tonight?”

“Thought maybe we could drive down to the beach and take a stroll, why do you ask?”

“Then what?” Buffy asked, trying to hint that she didn’t want their romantic night to end.

“Well I figured we would just go home after that,” Spike replied not understanding what Buffy was getting at.

“Oh,” Buffy replied disappointedly.

“Buffy what is it?” Spike asked becoming nervous.

Buffy worried her bottom lip as she replied,” I just thought maybe we could stay out tonight,” there was a hint of insecurity to her voice.

Spike finally got what Buffy was trying to say. “Did you want to get a room tonight?” Spike asked hopefully.

Buffy blushed as she looked away slightly embarrassed. “Well this night has been so great and I just don’t want it to end,” she admitted shyly.

“To be honest I had wanted to rent a room here tonight, but I wasn’t sure you would want that,” Spike admitted sheepishly.

Buffy brushed a hand against Spike’s chiseled cheekbone as she asked, “So is that room still available?”

Spike looked at Buffy with wide eyes, “Buffy are you sure?”

Buffy smiled shyly up at Spike. “I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life.”