Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the no-post yesterday, But I am working on a new fic! Thanks to TammyAsh666, Whitelighter354, spuffette, MidnightGirl, Cordykitten, Tuesday, LittleTigerBaby, BuffyandSpikeForever, lindsay, Lisa, Carri, spikesbabi, B_Mac, txjmfan, Chelsea, Furvus, and everyone who has taken the time to review, big hugs and kisses! Enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Spike heard the sound of the alarm and quickly reached over to turn it off so it wouldn’t wake the sleeping beauty in his arms. Carefully, Spike pulled his arm from under Buffy’s head and slipped out of bed.

Spike had all his things ready to go at the door. Writing a quick note, he grabbed Buffy’s bracelet off the coffee table and took them to Buffy’s room.

Spike stood at in the doorway just staring at Buffy’s sleeping form. She was now lying on her stomach and her hair was splayed out behind her like spun gold in the early morning’s light. Spike felt a knot rise in his throat. He hated this. He didn’t want to be away from Buffy for one second let alone two weeks.

Knowing what he had to do, Spike set the note and velvet box on the pillow next to Buffy and walked over to her side of the bed. Brushing away a stray hair that crossed her face, he placed a tender kiss to her cheek and pulled the covers over her bare back.

“I love you kitten and I’ll see you soon,” he whispered, inhaling her sent while committing it to memory for his long trip.

Grabbing his new coat off the chair Spike took one last look at Buffy before walking out of her room and shutting the door behind him.

***************************************************************************************************************


Buffy rolled over in her sleep and felt the spot next to her was cold and empty. She looked over with sad eyes to see that Spike was gone. In his place was a note and the velvet box that he had given her for Christmas.

Sitting up in bed, Buffy slipped the note from under the box and read it.

Buffy,
I’m sorry I didn’t wake you, but you just looked so peaceful I couldn’t bring myself to actually have to say goodbye to you face to face.
Even as I’m writing this, I’m missing you already. I will call you as soon as I get to my mum’s and let you know I got in all right.
Whenever you feel lonely just look down at your wrist and know you still have my heart. I love you Buffy, always and forever, just as the inscription says.
I’ll be counting the seconds till you’re in my arms again. I love you so much and I’ll talk to you this evening.
With all my love,
William


Buffy let her tears fall like rain. What was she going to do without Spike for two whole weeks? Taking the bracelet from the box, she slipped it over her slender wrist and watched it glitter in the light that filtered in from her window.

Buffy lay back down and rolled on her side. Seeing Spike’s t-shirt, Buffy got up and grabbed it off the floor and brought it to her nose, inhaling every last ounce of smell she could get from the soft cotton material.

Pulling it over her head, Buffy got out of bed and pulled out her suitcase to pack the things she would need for her stay at her parents’ house for the holiday break.

**************************************************************************************

Spike sat next to his uncle in the airport terminal looking like he had just seen his new puppy get hit by a car right before him. He missed Buffy already and it had only been a few hours since he had left her in her bed fast asleep. How was he going to be able to survive two whole weeks across the bloody world from his girl?

Giles looked over at his nephew and took in his glum state. William hadn’t said one word since they had meet up in the airport back in LA, and it was beginning to concern him gravely.


“William is everything alright?” Giles asked concerned.

Spike turned to his uncle and let out a heavy sigh. “No,” he stated flatly.

“William, I know you’re upset about having to leave Buffy, but she’ll be there when you get back,” Giles pointed out optimistically.

Spike just simply stared down at his lap and stayed uncharacteristically quiet.


Giles felt his heart go out to his nephew. He looked so broken. Needing to lighten the mood, he tried for light conversation.

“That’s a lovely jacket William, where did you get it?”

Spike rubbed absently at the soft leather and replied in a sad voice, “Buffy got it for me for Christmas.”

So much for lightening the mood.

With a heavy sigh Giles asked, “William do you plan on keeping this foul mood the entire trip, because if so, you might as well just call your mother now and tell her you’re not going.”

“What the bloody hell are you talking about?” Spike asked irritably.

“William your mother has done nothing but talk about you coming home for the holiday’s since she bought your ticket well over a month ago,” Giles informed his nephew. When he saw Spike look down slightly ashamed of himself, he continued. “I understand that this was supposed to be yours and Buffy’s first Christmas together, but you’ll have plenty of time for all that. Your mother needs you home more than I think you realize. You’re all she has left,” he pointed out gently.

Spike knew his uncle was right. He remembered how excited his mum had been when she had told him about his trip and all the plans she had made for the three of them. Looking up at Giles, he offered him a quick nod.

Giles smiled warmly at his nephew. “Good, now tell me, how exactly are you and Buffy doing?”


This brought a smile to Spike’s face. Him and Buffy. How he loved to hear that, them as a couple. Turning to his uncle, Spike replied, “We’re perfect. I’ve never felt anything like it in my whole life, she’s the one.”

Giles was not surprised by his nephew’s response. He had seen the way William had looked at Buffy, like she was the only woman that existed, and knew then that his nephew was lost to her forever. With a knowing look he asked, “And have you told Buffy this?”

“Told her what?” Spike asked as he removed his jacket.

“Told her- Oh dear Lord William,” Giles groaned as caught a glance at the side of his nephew’s neck. “Your mother is going to have a fit.”

“What the bloody hell are you talking about?” Spike asked thoroughly confused.

Giles removed his glasses and began to clean them absently. “That disgusting thing on your neck,” Giles retorted disdainfully.

Spike got up and headed in the direction of the men’s room. Looking in the mirror, he saw a small crimson mark marring his pale white skin. It was hardly noticeable, but if Giles had noticed it then his mother most definitely would. Making a mental note to keep on his jacket until he could get a collard shirt from his suitcase, Spike went back to sit with his uncle.

“William, do you have any idea how trashy that looks?” Giles asked once Spike was seated next to him.

“You can hardly see it and besides, it’s not like she did it on purpose,” Spike retorted dryly with a roll of his eyes.

“Well I suggest you keep that thing covered up. If your mother sees that not only will she have your hide, but mine as well,” Giles scolded.

Spike put back on his jacket and turned to his uncle. “Don’t get your knickers in a twist, I’ll change shirts when we get to m’mum’s house,” he informed his uncle dryly.

Giles looked at his nephew and shook his head. Mumbling something unintelligible under his breath he got up from his seat.

“I’m going to get a cup of coffee, do you want anything?” Giles asked

“No, I’m good. I think I’m gonna head over to the smokers lounge and give Buffy a ring.” Spike informed his uncle getting up from his chair.

Giles gave a quick nod and headed in the direction of the coffee shop.

Spike grabbed his carryon bag and headed off to the smokers lounge.

***************************************************************************************************************


“Are you sure you won’t come and stay with me at my parent’s?” Buffy pleaded with Willow.

“That’s okay, I’ll be fine here on campus, besides Oz is going to be here,” Willow pointed out.

“So not fair. You get to have snuggle time with your boyfriend and I get stuck hanging out with my parents for the next week,” Buffy pouted

Willow couldn’t help but feel sorry for her blond headed friend.

“Tell you what, how about I come over one day and we can hang out, just the two of us?” Willow suggested.

“No don’t worry about it. I know you want to spend time with Oz.” Buffy sulked.

“No, I can take out one day for my best friend,” Willow insisted.

“Well if you really want to,” Buffy replied trying not to let Willow know how excited she really was.

“Of course I want to,” Willow assured her.

“Oh thank God,” Buffy gushed with relief.

Willow let out a laugh. “You act like it’s the end of the world to have to go to your folks for a few days”

“Willow do you have any idea how hard it’s gonna be to not talk about Spike?”

“You could at least tell your mom the truth about you and Spike,” Willow suggested.

“A world of no!” Buffy stated resolutely. Then hearing her cell phone she asked, “Hey Wills hold on a sec, my other phone is ringing.”

“Okay.”

Buffy picked up her cell phone and looked at the caller ID. Letting out a loud shriek, she quickly answered the call.

“Spike!”

“’Ello gorgeous,” Spike purred into the phone.

“Hold on just a second, let me get Willow off the other phone,” she said giddily.

“Alright kitten, and tell Red I said hey.”

Buffy didn’t even respond to Spike’s request and hurriedly grabbed the other phone.

“Wills it’s Spike, gotta go,” She rushed out in a giddy voice.

“Call me later.”

“Will do, oh and Spike says hi, bye,” and then Buffy quickly hung up. Letting out another giddy squeal, Buffy picked up her cell phone.

“Spike?”

“I’m still here luv, but slightly hard of hearing,” Spike teased.

“Sorry, I’m just so excited to hear from you,” Buffy apologized.

“S’alright, good to know you haven’t replaced me yet.” Spike commented playfully.

“I could never replace you Spike,” Buffy replied in a soft voice.

Spike took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

“Good cause I don’t plan on going anywhere any time soon,” Spike replied in an equally soft voice. God how he missed his girl already.

Buffy closed her eyes and let a silent tear roll down her cheek. “Are you on the plane calling?” she asked remembering that Spike wasn’t supposed to land for at least another ten hours.

“No, lay over in New York,” Spike explained.

“Spike I’m so glad you called. I miss you,” Buffy confessed letting her tears fall.

“Miss you too kitten,” Spike replied in a tear tight voice.

Spike could hear the call for his flight and let out a heavy sigh. Cigarette forgotten, Spike swallowed the knot in his throat.

“They just called for my flight,” Spike said mournfully.

“Call me as soon as you get in, no matter what time it is?” Buffy asked with a sniffle.

“Promise.”

“Alright, well have a safe trip. I love you,” Buffy replied.

“Love you too Buffy. I’ll talk to you soon,” Spike replied not wanting to hang up.

“Okay, bye.” Buffy whispered and hung up the phone.

When Spike was sure Buffy was off the phone he flipped his phone shut and got up from his chair. He could really use that cigarette about now. Picking up his bag, he left the small lounge to meet up with his uncle.

“Do you have everything?” Giles asked his nephew as he handed the attendant his boarding pass and passport.

Spike pulled out his own boarding pass and passport from his coat pocket. “Yep, ready to go,” he replied in a mournful tone.

Giles placed a hand on Spike’s shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. “Remember William, it’s only two weeks and Buffy will be waiting for you in LA with open arms.”

“Yeah well it’s gonna be the bloody longest two weeks of my life,” Spike grumbled as he followed his uncle onto the plane.

Giles let out a chuckle as he commented with a sigh, “Ah, young love.”