Author's Chapter Notes:
Well kiddies this is it! I want to thank each and everyone of you who has stuck with me on this. A special thanks to Mac, my beautiful beta, you are one in a million girl! I hope to see all of you on the next project, wich will be up and going soon! Kuddos and much luv to you all! Angela aka beasleysmom
Six years later

Buffy stood at the edge of the stage with her fellow graduates waiting patently for them to call her name. It almost seemed surreal. All her hard work had finally paid off and she was finally going to get her doctorates in medicine.

As the students in front of her crossed the stage, she looked out over the crowd. When she spotted the person that had been there through it all she smiled brightly and made a small wave.

“Elizabeth Anne Livingston,” The honored alumnus called out into the large coliseum.

Spike watched as his wife crossed the stage with a proud smile on his face. She had followed her dream and now she was going to be a doctor, just as she had always hoped. He had never been so proud of her as he was right now.

As the ceremony continued Spike thought back over the last six years. They had been the best and worst six years of his entire life.

Shortly after their first Christmas they had gotten engaged and then married the following year. They some how managed to always find time for one another despite their heavy school schedules. But when Spike had finished his law degree and Buffy was starting her residency was when things got tough.

Spike would be stuck at the firm for fourteen to fifteen hours a day and Buffy would be on twelve hour over night rotations at the hospital. They would sometimes go weeks without seeing each other and after awhile it stared to take its toll. Spike wasn’t sure that they were strong enough to withstand so much stress, but Buffy had assured him that they would get through this and that it wouldn’t last forever.

Spike was amazed that they had survived those times, but here they were, stronger and more in love than ever because of it.

The commencement ceremony ended and Spike surveyed the crowded building for his wife.

Anne put a hand on her son’s shoulder. “William. Buffy will find you, don’t worry,” she tried.

“You know that boy can go barely ten minutes with Buffy out of his sight,” Joyce commented knowingly.

Anne turned to Joyce. “It would seem so; he hasn’t stopped fidgeting since the ceremony ended.”

“Leave the boy alone,” Hank scolded the two women. “We should be so lucky that Buffy found someone as protective of her as I am.”

Anne and Joyce both shared a look that clearly stated ‘Men, what do they know?’.

Giles saw Buffy out of the corner of his eye and tapped Spike on the shoulder. “I do believe there is someone looking for you.”

Spike whipped his head around and smiled brightly.

“Oi! Buffy, over here,” Spike yelled across the crowd.

Buffy turned in the direction of her husband’s voice and let out a squeal as she ran and jumped in his arms.

Spike planted a kiss soundly on her lips as he spun her around.

Buffy let out a giggle. “Spike put me down,” she protested half-heartedly.

Spike put Buffy on her feet and handed her a huge bouquet of roses. “So tell me how does it feel to be a graduate Dr. Livingston?” Spike asked.

Buffy brought the flowers to her nose and smiled. They were the same kind of roses Spike had bought her on their date all those years ago. “You remembered,” she gushed as tears began to pool in her eyes.

“Of course I remembered. That was the most amazing night of my life, well besides our honeymoon,” Spike replied with a dead sexy smirk.

Hank walked up behind them. “Okay dad present so enough of all that,” Hank teased.

Buffy felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment. “Daddy!”

Hank handed his daughter another bouquet of flowers before he wrapped his arms around his daughter in a warm hug.

“I’m so proud of you sweetie.” Hank confessed emotionally.

“I couldn’t have done it with out you,” Buffy gushed feeling fresh tears fill her eyes.

Joyce, Anne, and Giles all walked over to congratulate the new doctor of the family.

“Buffy congratulations, I always knew you would succeed,” Giles said as he handed her more flowers and gave Buffy a warm hug.

“Thanks Giles, I’m so glad you could make it.”

“I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, and besides, William practically threatened me with my life if I didn’t show,” Giles teased.

“Bloody right, this is one of the most important days of my girl’s life, and be hell or high water, ‘er family was gonna be ‘ere,” Spike commented as he wrapped his arm around Buffy’s shoulder and kissed her temple.

Buffy rolled her eyes playfully as she patted her husband’s stomach. “Whatever would I do without you?”

“Be graduatin’ by your lonesome,” Spike teased.

Anne came over and held her arms out to Buffy. “Let me get a hug from my favorite daughter-n-law,” she demanded.

Buffy wrapped her arms around Anne and pointed out, “I’m your only daughter-n-law.”

Anne pulled back and grinned. “Well I guess it’s a good thing you’re my favorite,” She quipped.

Buffy let out a full laugh. “Yeah I guess so.”

“Buffy I’m so proud of you,” Joyce gushed, teary eyed and held out her arms to her daughter.

Buffy fell into her mothers arms. “Thanks Mom,” she sniffled as her emotions finally got the better of her.

Spike watched as Buffy hugged her mother and all of his family stood around wiping away their own tears. This was indeed a good day.

Spike was about to start collecting all of Buffy’s flowers when he felt a small hand grab his arm.

“Hey you,” Buffy said wrapping Spike’s arms around her waist.

“Hey yourself,” Spike replied ad he leaned in and nuzzled the tender flesh on Buffy’s neck.

Buffy bit back a moan. “Spike you better quit that,” she warned.

“What’s the matter luv?” Spike asked in a husky voice.

Buffy captured Spike’s lips in a searing kiss to let him know exactly what was the matter.

Everything faded away as Spike let his tongue dance with Buffy’s in the age old dance that they had been practicing for so many years now. He was sure that he would never get tired of kissing this girl.

Joyce and Anne watched as their children stood oblivious of those around them, letting all their love and passion sweep them away.

“So do you think now that Buffy’s gonna be around all those babies we might finally find ourselves grandmums?” Anne asked with a smile.

Joyce crossed hr fingers. “Here’s to hoping.”

Buffy and Spike both turned to look at their mothers when they heard talk about babies. Buffy looked at Spike and whispered. “They’re doing it again.”

“Does the day end in ‘y’ luv,” Spike teased.

“Well who knows, maybe one of these days we’ll get around to having one,” Buffy hinted to her husband.

“Yeah maybe, but for now, we can enjoy practicing,” Spike purred.

Buffy rolled her eyes and grabbed her husband’s hand. “Come on; let’s get everyone out of here.”

Spike agreed and asked, “Sure thing, but what do you have in mind?”

Buffy looked over her shoulder and gave Spike a coy look. “I don’t know, maybe we could go home and practice,” she teased.

Spike let out a growl as he followed Buffy over to where their family was waiting.

No one would have predicted that he and Buffy would be where they were today, but that’s the thing with fate. It can take two people, even the most unlikely of roommates and go and turn them into the only thing everyone dreams of, soul mates.