Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had the worst day ever and I did'nt get the chance. I will post again this evening to make up for it! Hope y'all enjoy, Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy had gotten up early the next morning to take a quick run before she showered. It was worth getting up early because when Buffy got back from her run she felt energized and ready for the day. Grabbing a water from the mini fridge, she leaned against the counter and chugged it down in one long gulp. Throwing the bottle in the garbage, she looked up to see Spike walking out of his room still half asleep.

Spike thought he heard someone in the kitchenette, and figured he might as well get up. Throwing on some boxers, he went to make some coffee. While scratching his stomach lazily he looked up and saw Buffy standing in the kitchen wearing a sports bra and a tiny pair of running shorts. Her hair was pulled up in a messy knot on her head and her cheeks were still flush from running. Somehow she still managed to look good.

Buffy rolled her eyes. When was he gonna learn to put some damn clothes on? “Spike I thought we had the conversation already, we don’t walk around in our underwear.”

Spike raised an eyebrow at her as he scratched his head. “You’re one to talk pet, have you taken a look in the mirror lately?” She was wearing a bra for fucks sake. And for that matter, her shorts didn’t leave much to the imagination either.

Buffy looked down at what she had on. She always wore a sports bra and shorts when she ran. Looking back up at him with a frown, she asked. “What’s wrong with what I have on?”

Spike rolled his eyes. Bloody hell, was he really gonna have to spell it out for her? “Well nothing if you’re trying to give every guy on campus a bloody hard on,” He said sarcastically.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Whatever Spike. I’m going to get in the shower and when I come out I expect you to have some ‘real’ clothes on. You never know who could show up and get the wrong idea,” She said matter a factly.

Spike went about making coffee and called over his shoulder, “Don’t worry luv, your virtue will be safe, besides its bloody nine o’clock in the morning. Who in the hell would pop in at this hour?” As if on cue, there was a knock at there door.

Buffy looked at him with a questioning look and he simply shrugged his shoulders. When Buffy made no attempt to answer the door, Spike let out a huff and said dryly, “I guess I’ll get it.”

Before Buffy could protest that he wasn’t dressed he opened the door to see two very shocked people on the other side. Buffy felt her breath catch. “Mom, Dad, what a surprise,” She greeted with a strained voice.

Spike turned to Buffy with wide eyes. Well this just couldn’t get any better now could it? Turning to Buffy’s parents he greeted them with a nod “Mr. and Mrs. Summers.” With that being said he turned and went to his room to get dressed.

Joyce and Hank stood in the doorway speechless. They had wanted to take their daughter out for a surprise breakfast and instead they had come to find her with a half naked young man in her room. Joyce turned to her daughter with a ‘mom’ look in her eyes, “Elizabeth Anne Summers, you have some explaining to do.”

Buffy smiled weakly at her parents and led them to them living area. Once seated, Buffy explained to them the whole story about how her and Spike’s living situation had come to be. When she finished, Buffy sat back and waited for her parents’ reaction.

Joyce and Hank sat silent until their daughter had finished her explanation. Hank was the first to say something. “Well Buffy, there’s only one thing for me to say,” Hank paused for a moment and then continued. “You will be moving back home as of this afternoon,” He told her resolutely.

Buffy looked at her dad with shocked eyes. “Daddy no! I can’t move back home.” She turned to her mother with pleading eyes for support. “Mom, please tell him not to make me move back home,” Buffy begged.

Joyce looked at her daughter with sympathetic eyes. “Sweetie I know you don’t want to move home, but it isn’t appropriate for a 19 year old girl to live with a young man unsupervised.”

Hank voiced his opinion. “Your mother’s right. No decent girl would allow herself to remain in this kind of living situation. Now, why don’t you go get cleaned up and we can go get some breakfast,” Hank said calmly. In his mind this was no longer up for discussion.

Buffy felt like she was being dismissed as her father always did. Feeling anger take over she said “No. I won’t move. I am an adult now and I can make my own decisions. Daddy, I’m sorry if that makes you mad, but you have to stop treating me like a child.” She stated stubbornly.

Hank stood up from the couch. “Elizabeth this is neither the time nor the place to be having this discussion. Now get dressed so we can go to the house and talk.” Hank told her angrily.

Spike walked out of his room to hear the beginnings of a heated discussion. He had to say something to help Buffy out. Walking over he cleared his throat. “Excuse me, Mr. and Mrs. Summers. I know this may be none of my business, but there is no need for Buffy to leave. I’ll be moving so she can stay here.”

Buffy stared at Spike with wide eyes. What the hell? When did this happen? She couldn’t let him move, he couldn’t afford it. Unwilling to let him do this, she protested. “Spike, you don’t have to do this. Neither one of us is leaving.”

Hank glared at the young man standing before him. “Yes, this is none of your business.”

Joyce placed a hand on her husband’s leg. “Hank sweetie calm down.” Looking over to Spike she said, “I’m sorry I don’t think I heard my daughter correctly, did she say your name was Spike?”

Spike gave her his best charming smile as he offered his hand. “You heard her correctly, but my given name is William. Spike is a nick name I picked up from my rugby mates.” He replied, even though he would never dream of telling her how he had really picked up the name.

Joyce shook the offered hand and smiled at him. “Well it’s nice to meet you William, and please call me Joyce. You’ll have to excuse my husband here. He can be a bit over protective of his baby,” she said as she gestured over to Hank.

Spike turned to Hank. “Mr. Summers, I apologize if I offended you, but I just wanted to clear things up about the current living situation.” Spike new a thing or two about winning over the parents. He had attended one of the most prestigious private schools in England and the girls there came from upper crust families that didn’t think to highly of their daughters going out with supposed hoodlums.

Hank studied the boy for a second before he offered his hand. “Hank Summers,” Spike shook his hand “William Livingston, nice to meet you Sir.”

Hank released his hand and turned to Buffy. “Elizabeth, why don’t you come to dinner this evening so we can talk about what the plans for your living situation.” Hank said I his calm even tone.

Buffy knew her father was still upset with her because he was still using her full name, but the fact that he was willing to talk things out was a good sign. She nodded her head. “Okay Daddy, I’ll be at the house around 6:30, is that okay?”

Joyce smiled at her daughter. “That will be fine dear. Oh and William, you should join us. I know first hand what it’s like to have to live off of college food.”

Buffy turned to Spike with pleading eyes, but he either was ignoring her or just didn’t see because he accepted gratefully. “That would be wonderful Mrs. Summers.”

Joyce nodded her head. “Good, and please call me Joyce.” Spike nodded in agreement. Joyce and Hank rose from their seats and headed to the door. Saying their good byes they left. Buffy closed the door and banged her head against the door.

Spike chuckled at her. “Pet you’re gonna leave a dent in the door if you don’t quit the slamming.”

Buffy turned to him and glared. “This is all your fault you know,” she said accusingly.

Spike looked at her baffled. “How is this my fault? I’m not the one who never told her parents she had a male roommate,” he countered heatedly.

Buffy put her hands on her hips. “Well if you didn’t walk around half naked all the damn time, it might have gone over a bit smoother,” she snapped at him.

Spike let out a groan. “Would you please let the clothing thing die already? My god you act like you’ve never seen a bloke in his underwear before,” he said exasperatedly.


Buffy felt her cheeks blush. It wasn’t her fault she wasn’t some kind of slut bag who went around sleeping with tons of guys. Crossing her arms across her chest she replied, “That’s none of your business.”

Spike let a grin cross his face. “You really haven’t seen a guy in his drawers before have you?” She really was as innocent as she looked.

Buffy simply looked at him and stated, “No I haven’t, sorry to disappoint but I’m not some slut who looks at guys in their underwear all the time.” She sounded like a child, but she really didn’t care.

Spike let out a soft chuckle. “No Summers, I would never dream of it. Listen, if it really does make you as uncomfortable as you say it does, I won’t walk around the room in m’boxers.”

Buffy gave him a smile. “Thank you, I appreciate it.” Spike grinned at her and asked, “So, your car or mine?”

Buffy looked at him confused. “What are you talking about?”

“To go to dinner tonight, are we taking your car or mine?” He asked matter of factly.

Buffy groaned. She had completely forgotten that he had agreed to come to dinner tonight. With a huff she replied, “Mine I guess. It will be easier to get in the gates that way.”

Spike raised a brow at her. “The gates? What do you live in some ritzy neighborhood in Beverly Hills?” he asked jokingly. But his smile faltered when she gave him a look that said he was right on the money.

Buffy felt her stomach knot when he made the joke about her living in Beverly Hills. He was really going to think she was a stuck up bitch now. Glaring at him slightly, she retorted, “So, you must come from big money too if you can afford to go to college half way across the world.”

Spike glared at her. “You’ll be wise to shut your gob. You don’t know anything about me,” he snapped.

Buffy was taken aback by his anger. What had she said to piss him off this time? Crossing her hands over her chest she bit back at him. “Like I care, just make sure you’re ready to leave here at five, alright?”

Spike continued to glare at her. “Fine,” he said between clenched teeth as he turned and stomped off to his room.

Buffy watched as he stormed into his room and slammed the door. Somehow their conversation had turned nasty and she had totally missed the reason why. She would have to just call Willow and find out later. Going to her room, Buffy grabbed her things and took her shower.

Spike paced his room. Reaching in his duster pocket, he pulled out his smokes. He knew there was no smoking allowed in the building, but he really didn’t give a rat’s ass right then. Buffy’s little comment about him coming from money had got him good. He had grown up with the best in life and his parents made sure he never went without, but when his folks split; his dad had completely disowned them. Hell, the only reason he could afford to go to university in the states was because his mum was smart enough to start a college fund for him. He knew it was wrong to blow up at Buffy the way he did, but it was just a touchy subject. With heavy sigh, he walked over to his closet to find something to wear to dinner.



Thanks to Kimber, txjmfan, Brat, Cordykitten, MidnightGirl, lacey, Maddie Mae, anna, Mariana, BuffyandSpikeForever, jennybean, and Stine for the reviews, you guys rock! Kuddos!