Author's Chapter Notes:
Discalimer in full effect!
Spike and Buffy had been living together for a little over a month and things had indeed gotten better between them. They had fallen into somewhat of a routine. Spike made sure she had the bathroom by 7 am so she could get ready for class and Buffy made a point of not making a big deal out of him walking around in his boxers. Sure there were still little things that grated on his nerves like when she left all her damn body washes and shampoo’s lined in the shower or when she would leave her bra’s hanging to dry out in the open. He felt his masculinity slipping every time he opened the cabinet and saw her feminine hygiene products and Victoria Secret lotions, but he just had to keep reminding himself that she was a woman and these things were a necessity in her eyes.

Buffy found that living with Spike wasn’t so bad. Sure he was a slob sometimes, but he did try to not let their dorm turn into a bachelor pad. She was in the bathroom getting ready for class when she opened the medicine cabinet to get out a Q-tip and saw a box of condoms. She stared at them wide eyed. They hadn’t been there the day before. Grabbing the box, she closed the cabinet, and went to spike’s room. With out knocking, she walked in and threw them at him. “What the hell is this?” she asked angrily with her hands on her hips.

Spike was sitting on the edge of his bed tying his shoes when Buffy stormed in and threw something at him. Picking up the offensive item, he looked at it and looked up at her. “Condoms,” he stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Well yeah, but the question is, what are they doing in my bathroom?”

Spike set the box down on the night stand and turned to her. “No luv, OUR bathroom, and they are in there in case I need one,” he said matter of factly.

Okay not the answer she wanted to hear. Spike had never brought girls back to the room, and for some reason the thought of him doing that made her mad. Crossing her arms over her chest she snapped out “Well don’t think your gonna bring your whores here. If you want to do that sort of thing then I suggest you do it somewhere else.”

Spike at first was shocked and then it turned to anger. “Listen Buffy, I don’t need your permission to have sex in MY own room. Just cause your not gettin’ any doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t.” He regretted saying it the second he saw the hurt flash in her eyes.

Buffy couldn’t hide the hurt in her eyes. He made it very clear that he thought she was incapable of having a guy want her like that. Feeling tears begin to burn her eyes, she turned and walked out of his room without saying a word.

Spike mentally kicked himself. “Bloody hell….Buffy wait.” Following her he grabbed her arm to stop her. “Look at me?” he requested softly. Buffy turned to look at him with glassy eyes. Spike groaned and pulled her to him. “Don’t cry luv, you know I can’t stand it. I’m sorry for yelling at you,” he said as he stroked her hair.

Buffy pulled away from him. “I’m not crying because you yelled at me, hell you do that all the time,” she said dryly. Then she looked at him with insecure eyes. “You made it sound like I couldn’t get a guy. Am I that repulsive?”

Spike wanted to show her how not repulsive she was. The way she was looking up at him with almost child like eyes was killing him. Cupping her cheeks he assured her, “Buffy are you daft? Do you have any idea how bloody gorgeous you are? A guy would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to want you.”

Buffy looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity that shown in them. For some reason his eyes seemed bluer than normal. Finding her self getting lost in them she pulled away. “I know you’re just saying that to make me feel better, but thanks,” she said quietly looking any where but at him.

Spike was being pulled in by her huge hazel eyes. It took every once of self control he had not to snatch her up and show her just how beautiful she was. How could she ever doubt how beautiful she was?

Buffy finally looked at him and apologized. “I’m sorry; it’s really none of my business what you do behind closed doors, but do you mind if maybe you didn’t keep them in the medicine cabinet?” she asked meekly.

Spike nodded his head. “Sure, I’ll keep them in my room.” Buffy started to walk away, but he stopped her. “Listen I really am sorry if I hurt you by what I said. You just caught me off guard is all.”

Buffy gave him a weak smile and went back to the bathroom to finish getting ready. Once the door was closed she let out a groan. God what was she thinking? What had possessed her to blow up him like that? She wasn’t his girlfriend so what right did she have to dictate who he brought back to the dorm, plain and simple none. She was thoroughly confused about why she had gotten so upset. Reminding herself that they were roommates and nothing more, she walked out the bathroom and headed to class.

Spike sat in his room replaying what had just happened. Okay yeah, not such a good idea to leave condoms in the bathroom, but it wasn’t like they were used or something. Hell, the box wasn’t even opened yet. For some reason Buffy didn’t like the idea of him bringing other women back to their place. Was she jealous? No, she probably just didn’t want women in and out at all hours of the night, which made sense. She had classes and didn’t want a bunch of racket going on. He tried to think of how he would feel if it were Buffy bringing other blokes back to the room. That thought just seemed to piss him off. Not because he was jealous, but because he didn’t want some prat takin’ advantage of her, right? Not wanting to look to deep into that one, he grabbed his things and went to class.

Buffy got home before Spike and was glad that she didn’t have to face him just yet. She had been thinking about the fight they had had earlier all day and she found herself a little unnerved by the whole situation. In the end she had chalked it up to them spending too much time together, so picking up her cell phone she called Willow.

“Hello?”

“Hey Wills, want to go do something tonight?”

“Hey Buffy, sure. How ‘bout we go to Indigo’s?”

“Great, come on over around 8:30 then?”

“Sounds good, I’ll see you then.”

“Alright, bye,” and she hug up the phone. Just as she set it down Spike walked in the door. Not wanting things to be any weirder, she chirped, “Hey how’s your day?”

Spike was surprised by her cheerfulness, but replied carefully, “Good, you?”

Buffy let out a huff. “Some old same old, oh I’m going out tonight, so don’t wait up.”

Spike shrugged his shoulders as he grabbed an apple from the fridge. “No worries, I’m going out with my mates anyways, so m’not sure when I’ll be in.” Buffy smiled and headed to her room to find something to wear.

Spike realized she didn’t mention who she was going out with tonight and followed her to her room. Lying across her bed he asked nonchalantly “So who’s the hot date tonight?”

Buffy turned from her closet and stared at him. “What are you doing on my bed?”

Spike propped himself on his elbows. “Well you didn’t say who you were going out with tonight, so I figured I’d come ask.”

Buffy grinned at him. “What’s the matter? Going all big brother on me now?” she said playfully.

Spike frowned. “No, just curious,” he said defensively.

Buffy let out a laugh. “Well if you consider Willow a hot date…. Wait a minute, you do,” She realized as she threw a shirt at him.

Spike raised his eyebrows suggestively. “Well then I’ll be sure to be home before you so I can see the kiss good night.”

Buffy gave him a mischievous look. “You wish.” Spike let out a soft moan at the mental picture. Sure Willow was one of his oldest friends, but the thought of two girls kissing would make a good man do wrong.

Buffy heard his soft moan and gave him a look of disgust. “Are you actually thinking about it? Oh Spike gross! Get out of here before I have to wash my comforter,” she demanded completely grossed out.

Spike gave her a look of mock innocence. “What?” When she put her hands on her hips, he relented. “Fine, fine, I’ll go. Take away a blokes fun why don’t you,” he grumbled as he shuffled out of her room.

Buffy shook her head and shut the door behind him. As Spike went to his room he called to her, “You may have been able to kick me out, but you can’t take away my fantasy.”

Buffy shook her head and laughed as she yelled back, “Yeah well that’s as close as your ever gonna get, so enjoy it.” Spike smiled and thought to himself ‘don’t worry I will.’




Thanks to blondiebear, MidnightGirl, anna, MarstersGirl13, lindsay, Flibble, Smitten, BuffyandSpikeForever, Brat, and Brunettepet for the awsome reviews. I am so glad you guys are enjoying it. Kuddos!