Chapter 10 – A Fresh Start


Opening her eyes, Buffy was vaguely aware of the comforting feelings surrounding her. Frowning for a moment, she smiled when she remembered where she was, burrowing into Spike’s arms as he slept.

Breathing a sigh of contentment, her hand rubbed small circles along his abdomen, idly feeling the defined muscles beneath her fingertips.

“Having fun, pet?” he asked in a groggy voice.

Looking up at him with a soft smile, Buffy slowly sat up, looking down at him with an unreadable expression. “Good morning,” she said, brushing a gentle kiss to his lips.

Closing his eyes as the warm feel of her lips moved over his, Spike reached up, gently threading his fingers through her hair, pulling her closer to deepen the kiss.

Pulling away to give Buffy a chance to breathe, Spike pressed his forehead against hers. “I’ve missed you,” he said, seeing the look of indecision on her face.

“Even when you had me here?”

“What?” he asked before his eyes widened in realization. “Anne?”

“Yeah,” she murmured, picking at some imaginary lint on the comforter.

“She’s not you,” he said, cupping her face in his hands, bringing her lips to his for another tender kiss. “You’re the one I want,” he whispered against her lips.

Tentatively pushing his shirt along his muscular stomach, Buffy pulled away to look at him before moving any farther. “Are we ready for this?” she asked, moving closer to him.

Glancing downward for a second, Spike smirked at her. “I know I am.”

“Spike!” she said, laughing softly as she smacked him on the chest.

Spike’s smile faded at the sound of her laughter, shocked that he had been the one to cause it.

“What is it?” she asked, noticing that he wasn’t smiling. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” he said, shaking his head before flipping their positions on the mattress and gently nibbling at her neck. “Nothing at all.”

Buffy didn’t know how long they lay in their bed, kissing and cuddling, but by the time Spike began to undress her, she felt like she was going to scream with repressed desire.

Helping him take off his clothes, Buffy slowly took the time to explore his body with her mouth and hands, never taking the time to do that in the past.

‘Stupid mistake,’ she thought, kissing along his chest until she reached his neck, biting until she heard Spike groan beneath her.

“Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it,” Spike said in a raspy whisper.

Kissing the column of his neck, she gently swirled her tongue around his ear before whispering, “Who says I can’t take it?”

Growling as he flipped them over on the bed, Buffy moaned when Spike slowly removed her clothes. Trailing kisses along every inch of exposed skin, he smiled as she moved beneath him, seeking out his touch.

Making his way up her body, he paused when Buffy looked up at him with an expression he’d never seen.

“Something wrong?” he asked. Seeing her hesitantly shake her head, he gently brushed his lips against hers. Easing his hips forward, he watched her face as he entered her. Moving in and out of her slowly until his hips met hers, he saw the emotions playing across her face.

Moving together, their eyes never broke contact as their hips rocked back and forth, neither wanting to rush things.

Spike nearly closed his eyes, overcome with emotions. It felt like the first time he’d ever been inside of her, and the feeling was overwhelming.

Crying out when he angled his thrusts upward, Buffy lightly dragged her nails along his skin, smiling when he lightly growled his approval. Looking into his eyes, she slowly moved her hands to cup his face, bringing his lips to hers in a tender kiss.

Pulling away after a long moment, Buffy met his gaze, seeing the love and affection that was always plain in his eyes. Vaguely realizing that a form of it had always been there, Buffy smiled.

Pressing a kiss to her forehead, he pulled back in time to see the unguarded emotion in her eyes.

Buffy arched her body against his, gasping for breath when he pumped into her. “I love you,” she whispered, the words out of her mouth before she realized what she said. Feeling Spike’s body practically paralyze in shock, she looked at him, trying to show him the truth behind it.

“You mean it?” he asked in disbelief.

Nodding her head, Buffy smiled at him. “I do. I should have told you a long time ago.”

Crushing his lips against hers in a passionate kiss, Spike pulled away with a bright smile on his face. “I love you, too,” he whispered, his voice choked with emotion.

Lifting her hips off the bed, Buffy urged him to move, briefly closing her eyes when he thrust into her. Kissing along her neck, she could hear his whispered declarations of love. Threading her fingers through his hair, she clamped her inner muscles around his cock in anticipation.

“Do it,” she whispered, feeling him tense, using her Slayer strength to keep him where he was. “If you want me, then take me,” she whispered, smiling when she felt his face shift against her skin. Waiting in anticipation, she frowned when she didn’t feel anything. “Spike?”

The word was barely out of her mouth when she felt the razor-sharp teeth cutting into her neck.

Holding her in place, Spike’s hips moved with hers at a frantic pace as he tasted his Slayer’s blood for the first time. Feeling Buffy’s muscles clench around him as she screamed out her orgasm, he followed her over the edge, letting her grasping muscles trigger his own climax.

Taking a few more sips of her blood, he reluctantly pulled away, licking the marks on her neck, pausing to admire them for a moment before shifting back into his human guise. Seeing Buffy watching him, he gave her a tender kiss, taking his time, enjoying every second of intimacy he had with her. Pulling away after a moment, Spike looked into her eyes before kissing the tip of her nose as he pulled her close to him.

“I’m yours, you know,” she whispered, seeing him turn toward her with a loving expression. “I’ll always be yours.”




Thanks so much to: Cordykitten, jennybean, BuffyandSpikeForever, MidnightGirl, SinisterChic, Caitie, Bridget, Kristen & Spikes Sweety for reviewing!