-----------------------------------------------------
Title: The Table Has Turned
Author: Kashshaptu
E-mail: too_wicked_for_you@hotmail.com
Summary: Set after Fool For Love. Spike, angry at Buffy's harsh words, decides to learn her a lesson on how it would be for her to be in his shoes for once...
Disclaimer: Ok, this is the part that always brings down my mood hehe. I own none of the characters, they are all created by our man Joss, I'm just borrowing them.
Rating: NC-17
Feedback: YES!! Please mail me, tell me what you think, I'm writing this for you soo pleaaase!
-----------------------------------------------------

'I will never love you, Spike......you are nothing! You are beneath me!'
An angry slayer ran off leaving the hurt vampire behind.

'Stupid git! I'll show you who's beneath who!'
Spike stomped off. But not in the direction of his crypt. He was walking straight towards the magic box.
He felt in the pockets of his duster, taking the front-door key out of it.

'I knew this would come in handy one day.' Spike grinned somewhat evily.

He opened the door and walked straight to the balcony stairs to find the book he was looking for. Looking over the
back of every book he found the book, almost buried underneath other books. flipping it through he found the spell he was looking for.

'Let's see, a chicken foot, something representing you and something representing the other person. hmm, that's easy, grabbing one of buffy's stolen panties out one of the pockets of his jeans, grabbing a chicken foot out of the jar on the counter and finaly reaching in his pockets to pick out the pack of cigarettes to use as the contribution to represent his side. looking in the book he started chanting words in some ancient language.

'riverum, anceum, belanum, I conjure thee, athena. riverum, anceum, belanum, let her feel how it's like to be me, riverum, anceum, belanum, so mote it be...'

There was a bright flash of light followed by a weird scream creeping Spike out and then there was total silence. Everything seemed normal again. He felt a bit strange but decided not to pay any atention to it.

'Must be the spell. Drained my energy or something' he explained to himself. He headed for his crypt and went straight to sleep, too tired to do anything, he even lost his apetite.

~

The next morning Buffy woke up, with a yawn. She was still tired, but she promised to do some all day researching with the scoobies on Glory, So she got out of bed, put on her robe and slowly walked to the bathroom.
When passing Dawn's room she heard her talk to her stuffed animals.

'That's weird' Buffy said 'My slayer hearing must be getting better or something.'

She stepped into the bathroom and looked into the mirror.
A loud scream filled the Summers residence...

Dawn and Joyce came running towards the bathroom, where Buffy was staring at the mirror in horror.
'What is it honey?' Joyce said worridly, but relieved her daughter was still in one piece.

'Look....look at the mirror!' she yelled at her mother.
'But honey, I don't see anything, what's wrong?' Her mother said not noticing anything strange about the mirror.
'That's the problem!! WHERE IS MY REFLECTION??'

~

At Spike's crypt something else strange was going on. He woke up that morning, finding it weird waking up at the middle of the day.
He said hi to Clem, who was watching tv, having nothing better to do.
He walked to the sink to do his hair. He looked up at the mirror thinking he saw something moving.
He yelled his longs out...

Clem sprung from out of his chair, almost falling to the ground.

'Man you scared me, what's wrong?' He said still not completely over the shock.
'Shit, this can't be happening!' he practically screamed.
Then he suddenly walked straight to the door of the crypt.

'Hey, you can't go out during the day! you're a vampire! Take your blankie!' Clem yelled.

Spike opened the door and walked outside, into the sun. Standing still, closing his eyes, being blinded by the bright light.

Nothing happened.
Spike just stood there.

'Nooo, what the bloody fuck went wrong!' he yelled, and stormed of, leaving Clem startled and surprised behind.

~

Spike stormed of, directly to the magic box. He remembered this, the sun, when he had the gem of amara. The sun shining brightly on his face, just like the way it was before he turned, he didn't like it that much though, he got acustomed to the dark, finding it comforting, so the sun made him even more stressful than he already was.
He almost knocked down the door of the magic box, storming in.

Anya looked up from the cash register where she was busy counting her money for the sixth time today.
'Hey, what's wrong with you! Barging in like that! You're scaring my customers! And when they're scared they won't buy my stuff.' She said.
Spike ignored her and walked straight to the heavy magic books and grabbed the book he used the night before, he flipped to the right page and started reading the spell again to see what he had done wrong.
Everything seemed normal, it didn't say anything about him turning human.
He started reading the spell out loud.

Right at that moment Buffy also entered the magic box, wrapped in a blanket, smoke coming of her.
'Will somebody tell me what's going on?' She yelled angrily.
Then she saw Spike standing there, reading the spell out loud and yelled at him.
'It's YOU! You did this to me!'She raged.

'Now, now pet, let's not get angry at me, what seems to be the problem?' He said calmly, not really looking at the blanket that was still pulled over her. 'And what's with the burning flesh smell coming of you?' He said sniffing the air looking disgusted by the o so familiar smell. Then suddenly he got it, everything fell into place.
'Oh no, please not this!' His mouth dropped to the floor. She was a vampire, he thought. But does that mean....that...I'm the slayer?? A lot of thoughts raged through his head.

'Will someone please tell me what the fuck is going on here?' Buffy yelled getting really pissed of by the way everybody was ignoring her.

'Isn't everything clear to you by now?' Spike asked angry about the way he always fucked everything up. 'Don't you see what's going on with you? YOU.....are a vampire my love.'

Buffy's mouth dropped to the floor, and everything made sense now. The hearing, no reflection, the not being able to walk into daylight. Tears began to sting her eyes. She turned into the being she hated the most, and somehow Spike did this to her. I hate him, she thought to herself. How could he do this to me.

'How could you....how could you do this to me?' She whispered, tears in her eyes.
At that moment her mother came in, completely out of breath, she had ran the whole way to the magic box.
'Would somebody please tell me what's going on?'
'Well, make that two.' Buffy replied sarcasticaly.

Spike looked at the two Summers women and sighed. He fucked up, he knew that very well. He never should have done the stupid spell. He wanted her to feel how it was when somebody said you were beneath someone. Stupid spell took it too literaly. It changed their beings. Obviously she was now a vampire and he? He wasn't human, that was for sure, he still felt an inmense power running throught his body, but could he be? could he be the slayer? He still wasn't sure about that.

Then he looked at the 2 women still looking at him waiting for an explanation and he started telling them what he did last night. How he did the spell and what had gone wrong. Tears stang in his eyes when he told them what she said the other night and how he felt after it.
Joyce was looking at him, a hint of compassion in her eyes, she understand how he felt about it. She knew how much he loved Buffy and then she said something like that to him. His heart must be broken.

'Buffy! How could you be so cruel to him! Apologize right away missy!'
Buffy looked at her, one eyebrow up.
'Apologize? He's a demon for gods sake! Demons can't love! He just wants a good night with the slayer! I'm not apologising to that...that...thing.'
'But you see my love, the table has turned, I'm not a thing anymore, I became mortal, YOU are the thing now pet.'

Buffy was stunned, she didn't know what to say anymore, he was right. She was the thing now.
'YOU! Turn me back! You did this! I hate you....I hate you for what you are and what you made of me!'

'Everybody quiet! NOW!' Joyce yelled angrily at Spike and Buffy.
'Anya, you call Giles, then Spike and me are going to have a little chat and you missy, you behaved badly already so you are going to sit over there and think about what you have said to Spike.'

'But mom..'
'No buts young lady, sit overthere, I'll talk to you later.' And Joyce walked to the door of the gym Spike following her.

~

Down in the gym Spike sat down on a crate, his back facing Joyce.
'I understand you.' she said after a while.
Spike turned around looking surprised.
'But I don't agree with the way you handled it. Buffy...well...Buffy can be a bit harsh, but you must understand, how hard it is for her to actually become the demon she has had to fight for so many years. Can you understand she began to hate them for what they are? Her whole life ruined because she has to fight demons every night.'

Spike knew she was right, he knew it from the start, but he didn't expect Buffy to suffer so much under this spell. He now understanded why she had always hated him, even when he was sort of helping them out.
'I understand Joyce.' he said with a sigh 'But why does she hate ME? I mean, I don't hurt her anymore I help her out most of the time, I'm not a real demon anymore, I have this stupid chip, it forced me to be good. Hell, I even created feelings for her, and demon's do experience love, you know. If demons can hate, then why can't they love?'

'I know they can love William, you could have killed me when you didn't have the chip, but you didn't. And I don't think my cocoa stopped you from killing me when you had the chance.' She smiled, thinking about the nights he had come to her to talk about a problem he had, cloaking by saying he just wanted cocoa.

You're right, but Buffy, she hurt me really bad last night. I just couldn't take it anymore, always telling me I'm nothing, telling me to go to hell. It's bloody killing me Joyce. I wanted for once letting her feel how it is to feel like you're less then everybody else. I just wanted her to feel like me.' and he broke into a sob.

Joyce walked up to him and hugged him, knowing he was in a lot of pain.
'Shush, relax, everything's gonna be alright.'

~

'What the fuck is wrong with him! And why does my mother feel sorry for him?' Buffy yelled at Anya who just finished calling Giles.
'He's on his way.' ignoring Buffy's whining.
'Hey! are you listening to me at all?' Buffy yelled at Anya.
'No, not exactly, I'm not interested in the feelings you have for Spike.' Anya said bored.
'I do NOT have feelings for Spike! How could you say that? Aren't you listening to me?'
'Never mind.' Anya said sighing, really happy that the door to the gym finally opened and her mother, followed by Spike.

'Buffy, would you please come with me? We should talk about this in private.' Joyce said somewhat cold.
Buffy sighed and followed her mom downstairs.

'Buffy...I understand.' Joyce said 'But I don't really agree with the way you rejected Spike.'
'I know mom.' She said 'I know....but I got so angry at him...I just..I...' Buffy sat down, tears leaking from her eyes 'I hate him, I just hate him so much for doing this to me!'
'I know honey, I know, and I do understand, but I don't think you realise how much Spike is hurt by your words, he really loves you Buffy, he really does.'

'How can a demon love mom! He got to you too, didn't he? I can't believe this! How could you pick his side, how could you!'
'But Buffy, may-'Joyce couldn't even finish her sentence.
Buffy stormed of, running upstairs and right out of the door, where she encountered the sun and ran back inside as quick as she can.
'I HATE you!' She yelled at Spike who was grinning at her.

'BUFFY ANNE SUMMERS, COME BACK IMMEDIATLY MISSY!' a really pissed of voice said from downstairs.
Buffy hesitated, but she knew her mother was major pissed off, so she lowered her head and slumped downstairs.

'Buffy, I think you're acting like a little child! You get up there, be nice to Spike, because you're going to need him finding a reverse spell. And now that you are a vampire I think Spike should look after you untill we have that spell.'

Buffy stood there, not sure what to say, she knew her mother ment it, she had to work together with Spike. Sighing she headed for the stairs murmuring. 'Why do these things always happen to me?'

~

TBC

Now go and review it, while you wait for part 2 to be updated!