AN: Heej guys, I know that I post three chapters of this story already, but I didn't like it that much so I changed it a little; making it more detailed and longer.
I actually have 2 betas now, but something went wrong with opening them so this chapter isn't betaed yet, but I Í'll edit it tomorrow completely betaed =)
I just couldn't wait to post the first chapter, it's a short chapter, but it's only the first and it's an introduction

xxx

Spikegirl




Chapter 1: Introduction

A girl was lying on her bed with a pen in her hand. She bought herself a new journal today. This would be the first time that she would write in it. She needed someone to tell her story to, so a journal seemed a good option. She sighed and starting writing.


Hi, my name is Buffy Anne Summers and I’m 19 years old. I’ll describe myself to you... let’s see... I have honey blond hair, it used to be brown but I changed the colour when I moved here, when I moved to Sunnydale. I have hazel green eyes and everyone says I’m really short for my age, and I can’t really disagree. I live in a small town called Sunnydale and I work at the cutest little diner called ‘Mabels’. It’s great there, everyone is nice to each other and the food is pretty good too. It doesn’t pay a lot, but it pays enough. Besides, it’s the only work I can actually do. I didn’t finish highschool, so I don’t really have an education. I was lucky enough to get this job and I wouldn’t want any other. By the way, the customers are very nice too, there are a lot of old people who are very fond of me, most of them only come there to talk to me, but they always order something too. They always leave good tips and there aren’t any guys who will slap your ass... well, only tourists. Which we don’t got a lot, but sometimes some drunk guy will come in and try to cop and feel. But they would always be kicked out.

My coworkers are really great, my best friend Thom McJackson is the manager and Elina, who treats everyone who works for her as her own children, is my boss. We’re one big happy family.
I’ve also made some new friends in this town. Melanie Travers, a girl my age who lives in the same street as I do. She lives with her boyfriend Jake McDonald, he’s 2 years older then her. They had a lot of problems with their parents too, they didn’t approve of their relationship.
Then there’s Jessica Wilkens and John Wilkens, they’re both 25 years old and they’re having their first child in 5 months. We all hang out together, we usually go to the movies or to a club called ‘Liquid’. I couldn’t wish for better friends.

I moved to Sunnydale when I was only 16 years old and Eline took me in her home and offered me a job at her diner. It was a big house with a pool and jacuzzi in the backyard. It was the biggest house that I’ve ever seen. I don’t live there anymore, but I come and have dinner with Elina almost every Friday. Thom joins us sometimes, but he has to work very often, it’s his home, he says. Well I don’t blame him, everyone sees ‘Mabels’ as their second home. I like it when he joins us, he’s my best friend and I don’t see him very often, since we don’t always work the same shifts.

My own house isn’t as big as the house of Eline, but it is home. We do have a little pool in the backyard where I swim almost every day, just to stay in shape. The house has 3 bedrooms and a nice big bathroom which has a bubble bath, I always wanted one. The street where I live in is small and quiet, it has a big park just around the corner. My neighbours are really great too, we’re all friends and sometimes we have dinner together. Maggy, my neighbour is a really good cook and her husband Bob is the best at organizing a barbecue.

I moved to Sunnydale because of a big fight with my mom and... personal problems, I left everyone there... my mom, my sister, my friends and my boyfriend.

I loved my mother, we were very close, well atleast untill a couple of years ago. She didn’t like the choices that I made about my life and she decided that I couldn’t be a part of hers if I didn’t change it. But I couldn’t, I had to make my own decisions and my own mistakes.
God, Dawnie, my little sister. She was only 12 when I left for Sunnydale, she didn’t understand anything that was going on at home. I remember how I use to run my fingers through her brown hair when she was sad. We had a lot of fights, but I loved her, I still do. Thankfully she is one of the persons that I still have contact with.

I still have contact with some people from LA, where I use to live, besides Dawn that is. There’s Willow Rosenberg and Tara McClay, they are still my friends. I didn’t want to leave them, or my sister, but I had to... I really did, I didn’t have a choice.
Then there’s Alexander Harris, but everyone calls him Xander. I don’t have any contact with him anymore, he is one of the people that were completely against my decisions. He thought he could control my life, he didn’t understand what I had to do.

It wasn’t just the fight with my mom that made me leave, but more serious problems that I’ll tell you about later. Basically, my life became to hard en to complicated for me to deal with, and running away seemed the only option. I wonder every day if I made the right descision, but at least I’m happy here in Sunnydale and I don’t know if it would’ve worked out in Los Angeles.

“Mommy”

Hi, my name is Buffy Anne Summers, did I mention that I have a 3-year-old son?


AN: Please let me know what you've thought of this first chapter. It might have been a strange chapter, but she's writing in her journal, I made it so it looks like she's really writing in it - she keeps remembering things that happened, so it isn't chronological. It changes in the second chapter though, don't worry.

~ Spikegirl