Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so damn long to write this :)
Buffy lay in her bed, contemplating what Angel had done to her yesterday. Why would he have done that to her? All those things she'd said were true. Angel had left her for some wannabe girl. A girl who went around lied just to be like Buffy. She wasn't even as pretty as Buffy! Sure, her boobs were bigger. But her face was so much harder. Nothing compared to Buffy's bright green eyes and full pink lips. She felt another tear fall down her cheek, dripping from her chin and onto the plain, cotton tank top. Making another small dot of water on the shirt. Just then a small knock came from the other side of the door. She quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped away her tears. Taking some of her eye make up with it, and wiping her nose with the back of her hand.

" Come in!" she yelled and in Spike came. Her face automatically lit up and she smiled, "Hey."

"Hey" he mimicked, " How are you?"

" I'm okay.." She replied.

"Don't lie...I can see it..." Spike said.

" I don't know...I'm just surprised and hurt, I guess. Angel has never hit me before."

"He might do it again."

"I know. But maybe I was wrong. I mean I can be a bitch.."

"No. You never deserve that."

She just drew her knees into her chest and laid her head down onto her knees. Closing her eyes tightly as if she did it tight enough the world would just fall away.

Spike came up and slid onto the bed next to her.

"Everything used to be so easy. And now I don't understand anything."

Spike ran a hand gently up her back.

"Ultimately Buffy, I guess it's up to you."

"Yeah..."

"Well get up. Let's get you to school."

"Do I gotta?"

"It's a lot bloody better then sitting around here thinking about it all day."

"Okay. Let me get dressed and I'll be down there in a second."

"Awww, our deal doesn't include letting me watch you change?" he joked and stood up after she did.

"Spike!" she squealed, but then those icy blue eyes and looking at those lips made her want to strip for him, "Yeah."

"What?"

"Yeah. Sit down." she said with a grin. '

Spike obeyed and took a seat down on the bed. She slowly peeled her tank top off and stretched her hands over her head. Letting him get a nice, long look at her full perky breasts with their hard, pink nipples. Nipples her would do anything to touch. God he just wanted to do the dirtiest things to her body right now. She ran her hands over her boobs and taut stomach. She slowly pulled the string on her short and let them pool around her feet. He moaned in appreciation when he saw her tight body in nothing but a small, red g-string. She rolled her hips like a stripper before walking over to her dresser and grabbing a pair of Daisy Dukes, a matching bra, and a tank top. She pulled them all on slowly. Giving Spike one last, long glimpse. Then - she pulled her 4-inch heel white sandals on and slung her bag over her shoulder.

"K. Let's get going." he stood up, inhaled sharply, and watched Buffy's adorable little ass prance right out of the room. Her looked down and saw his dick straining against his jeans.

God was she ever gorgeous.

He waited a minute to follow her, and then did. She was waiting for him in the car. Looking innocent as ever. He climbed into the car and started it up. Finding it almost impossible to look her in the eye.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunnydale High School 8:06 a.m.
_ _ _ _ _ _

Buffy Summers stepped from the car along with Spike. She began confidently walking toward the school but Spike grabbed her arm.

" Are you sure you're ready?" he asked.

" I'm always ready." she answered.

" That's my girl, " he said only loud enough for her to hear as they walked toward her friends sitting in their usual circle. She had to smile at his comment.

They slowly approached the group and she desperately tried to keep her eyes off Angel.

"Hey B." Faith said, and she could hear a spark of sympathy in her voice.

"Hey Faith."

Spike took a seat on the bench next to Riley and Buffy sat on his knee. He wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled into her hair. Inhaling the sweet scent of her Strawberry Shampoo - mixing with some of the sexiest perfume he'd ever smelled.


Everyone around them was watching them. Like they were the most interesting, loving couple in the world.

"So! Buffy, got any plans tonight? I mean this great band is playing at the Bronze - did you guys wanna go?" Willow said, finally breaking the silence.

"Um, sure. Spike, wanna go?" Buffy said with a completely fake, plastered on smile.

" Sure, baby, if you want to I will."

"We're gonna go, too. " Angel said of him and Cordelia.

"Yeah us, too." Faith said - visibly glaring at Angel.

Kendra and Graham and Anya and Xander just nodded.

"Great, get there at about 8:00..." Willow said.

"Great. We're gonna get goin' now. But I'll see you guys tonight. Ciao." She grabbed Spike's hand and tugged him off.

"Are you gonna be okay tonight?"

"Having you there will help. But yeah."

"Do you still want Angel back?"

"Yeah," her response came out a lot less sure then she'd wanted it to.

"Right. Well um, I'll see you after class."

"Definitely."

"Bye, Babe." he said and leaned down to kiss her. Almost as if this whole dating thing they're doing is actually real.

He smiled at her and walked off.

Being with Spike made her feel surprisingly whole inside. She sighed and walked off to her first hour.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2:57 P.M. -- Last Hour

_ _ _ _ _

Today school seemed like it took days.

She just sat there with her chin leaning against her palm. Thinking, her eyes were glossed over and she looked almost dead to the world.


The bell rang and she jumped. Slowly getting out of her seat and walking out. Not even bothering to stop and put her books in her locker. She just wanted to be home. She rushed to the car and there was Spike waiting. Sitting there in the car as if he'd wait there forever for her. She slipped into the car and was silent as Spike drove her home. Continuously thinking about what she should do.

"Want me to come back at 8:00 to pick you up, luv?" he asked when they'd arrived at her house.

" You can come in and stay until 8:00...if you want.." She offered.

" Course I will if you want me to , luv."

"Thanks." she said and smiled. Getting out and walking right into her house. She glanced at the clock and then tossed her house keys on the counter.

"My mom isn't home so we can pretty much do anything that we want."

A million dirty things ran through Spike's mind at that offer and she got it.

" Oh um, that sounded really slutty..."

"No, pet, it didn't. Don't worry."

" Are we friends again?"

"Why?"

"Cause...I mean...we used to be friends. Then we weren't. And now you're being nicer then I ever remember you being - even before. So...I was just...wondering."

"Yeah. We're friends." he ran his fingers through her honey blonde hair and she smiled. She felt more at home with Spike then she could ever remember feeling with Angel. But Angel was...well supposed to be the love of her lifetime. And she had to try everything to get him back...

______________________________________________________________________________

7:56 P.M.
- - - - - - -



"Buffy! Come on we're gonna be late." Spike called at her.

"I'm comin!" she called back to him and he just shook his head as if to say 'women'.

Buffy emerged from the upstairs, sauntering down every last step. Looking completely perfect in a white silk dress that had a plunging neck line and was littered with tiny rhinestones. It cut up to about two inches or so above her knees. Showing off long, sun kissed legs. Her hair was straighted and her make up looked so perfect...but also so perfectly natural. She looked like an angel.

His angel.

"I'm ready."

Spike couldn't say anything for about a minute. His breath just caught in his throat and he had to sharply inhale.

"Spike?"

"Yeah Kitten, Let's go." he said and got up finally. They both went out and got in the car, heading off to the Bronze.

When they arrived everyone else around them seemed to think Buffy was an Angel too. The males didn't hoot, they stared with an almost cartoonish wide-eyed stare. She walked in and immediately saw her friends. Walking over to them she smiled and said a small, quiet 'hey' before scooting into one of the tall chairs.

To say the least, the night started out awkward. Barley anyone talked. And Buffy refrained from making eye contact with Angel at all. In fear that he may ask her to talk, and hit her again.

No more blame
I'm destined to keep you sane
Gotta rescue the flame
Gotta rescue the flame in your heart

Spike lovingly wrapped his arms around a heartbroken Buffy who looked as though she was about to cry. He couldn't let her cry here, not in front of that ponce.

"Baby, dance with me." he said simply, brushing her hair away from her face. She nodded and followed him out the the dance floor. Clinging to him and resting her head on his shoulder.

No more blood
I'll be there for you, my love
I will stand by your side
The world has forsaken my girl

"Don't let him get to you, Kitten..." he said softly, stroking her hair. She felt like she was about to cry.

Should've seen it would be this way
Should've known from the start what she's up to
When you've loved and you lost someone
You know what it feels like to lose

He could feel her nails digging into his shoulders. He could hear her saying 'don't, don't, don't.' As if she didn't want to show her pain. Her confusion and frustration. Confusion and frustration he was feeling too.

She's fading away
Away from this world
Drifting like a feather
She's not like the other girls

"Just cry, luv. I'm here." he told her, holding her tightly against him like everything would be alright no matter what. Because he was here for her.

She lives in the clouds
And talks to the birds
Hopeless little one
She's not like the other girls, I know

"I can't..." she mumbled softly into his shoulder.

"Baby..you need to. Let it go. No one will see you, or hear you.." He kissed the top of her head and that was it. She let it out. Softly sniffling and whimpering into his shirt while he felt the shoulder getting soaked with the salty evidence of pain. It hurt him almost more then he could stand to hear her make those sounds.

No more shame
She has felt too much pain in her life
In her mind she's repeating the words
All the love you put out will return to you

They just stood there swaying gently in the middle of the Bronze while her friends sat there, onlooking like it was just a simple display of affection when in all reality Buffy was pouring her pain out onto Spike.

She's fading away
Away from this world
Drifting like a feather
She's not like the other girls
She lives in the clouds
And talks to the birds
Hopeless little one
She's not like the other girls, I know.

And in those moments Spike knew...that he wanted to do this forever.

To be this angel's rock whenever she needed one.

And to do whatever he could to make her happy.