Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews everyone!!!
*****************************

Chapter 10: Subtle Sighs


It had been a week since the night at the Bronze, and Buffy almost letting Spike jump her bones. With that thought she sighed, tossing her t-shirt across her room aiming for her laundry hamper but missed. Instead the offending material flopped onto the floor next to the bin.

Buffy should have been happy, prom was coming soon, and graduation rehearsal was already in swing but, she wasn’t happy. She knew why deep down inside, but she wouldn’t admit it, not to herself, and not to anyone else. Buffy wasn’t even ready to truly believe her feelings for Spike, so she acted her best to be normal Buffy. She hated life.

Angel popped his head in her room after a quick knock to let her know practice would began soon, rolling her eyes Buffy pushed off her bed and headed downstairs to the basement. Buffy was descending the stairs, and about to turn the corner to heading to the kitchen, when Joyce called to Buffy before she could.

“Can you come in here for a second sweetie?”

Buffy could tell it was more of a demand than question. She quickly turned her body in the correct direction, trotting into the living room to see what her mother wanted.

Joyce smiled at Buffy as she entered the room and Buffy gave her a warm smile back. Patting the cushion next to her Joyce motioned for her daughter to join her.

“What’s up mom?” Buffy asked, flopping down next to her mother, and turning to look at her.

“Nothing honey,” she said, staring at her daughter, rubbing her hand over Buffy’s cheek.

Sighing Joyce placed her paper work on the coffee table then turned so her knee was facing Buffy’s, which was currently positioned under her thigh.

“Rupert and I have decided that since we all seem so much like family we’re going to start having ‘family’ dinners once a week. And to mark the occasion we all are going out this Thursday for dinner.”

Buffy had opened her mouth to protest, but her mother raised a hand to silence her.

“I’ve already heard enough from Angel, and I’m not in the mood to here any lip from you. This is final, we have decided on this, and you will join us, and you will have fun and be happy.”

Buffy only nodded her head as her shoulders sunk. What did this mean? “We’re like family” 'what the hell?' Buffy thought, what did that mean for her and Spike…wait why was she thinking there was anything between her and Spike? Before Buffy realized it her feet had pushed her body off of the couch and she was standing in the kitchen with her hand on the doorknob leading to the basement.

‘This is so not of the good.’ Buffy was entertaining that idea when Angel’s voice penetrated her mind.

“Get you ass down here NOW BUFFY!”

Rolling her eyes she could picture that all to present blue vein throbbing in the middle of his forehead and she burst into laughter descending down the steps closing the door behind her.

***************************

Thursday night arrived and Buffy sat at her vanity putting the finishing touches on herself before she got dressed. She had slipped her blow dryer back in its place, and then turned to look at her reflection in the vanity mirror. She had her hair pulled back into a bun and a butterfly diamond hair clip to accent it with a slight bang hugging her forehead, placing some light blush to her cheeks after sucking them in, she added “virgin” pink lip stick to her lips, and followed that up with matching eye shadow.

Reaching into her jewelry box she extracted her matching butterfly necklace and slipped it on clasping it at the nape of her neck. She then reached to her right to pick up her bottle of vanilla perfume adding it to her pulse points then spraying a dab in her high heels for the evening. After Buffy replaced the bottle she stood and walked over to her closet and retrieved her dress, it was a simple evening dress, off white with a pink belt that went around her waist accompanied with a small pink bow just above her navel, the spaghetti straps slid over her frame with ease.

After slipping into her dress and zipping up her back, which was a feat within itself, she sat on the edge of her bed and placed her pink heels on her feet. A knock at the door startled her, looking up she greeted her guest with the utterance of ‘come in’.

Angel entered the bedroom as a smirk greeted his lips looking at his sister.

“My don’t we look enchanting this evening?”

“You don’t look to bad yourself there Mister ‘GQ’,” she said, looking up at her brother after adjusting her heels to fit just right.

Angel was dressed in a casual yet classy two piece suite; dark beige egyptian cotton chinos with matching jacket and charcoal black silk shirt underneath, with some elegant shoes rounding off the ensemble.

“Mom’s ready to go, we got reservations at eight.”

“I’m ready.”

Buffy stood up and glanced at herself one last time in her floor mirror then picked up her purse sliding the thin spaghetti like strap onto her right shoulder.

“Oooo and is that cologne I smell?” She teased her brother as she walked past him.

******************************

Everyone met outside the restaurant. Dawn was talking animatedly to Spike about some new boy she met in school, and he was sending her disapproving looks with a few idle threats thrown in. Giles was looking more nervous than he normally did wiping his hands on the leg of his gray trousers, casually running his hands down his matching blazer to smooth out any wrinkles, the gray of his outfit was set off by his crisp white shirt underneath and a plaid tie.

Joyce embraced Giles in a friendly and calming hug and they shared a quick kiss. Buffy and Dawn complemented each other on their dresses. Dawn was dressed in a turquoise knee length dress with a chunky tank top styled straps on her shoulders that cress-crossed on her back, her hair was pulled back into a tight French braid with wisps of hair curled and framing her face, making her appear the image of innocence. Her legs were encased in sheer black stockings, and her feet sported black pumps, and only a hit of red lip gloss graced her lips finishing off the outfit.

Angel and Spike stood smirking at each other and Dawn started to giggle, Buffy turned around and her breath nearly caught in her throat. He looked good, no, he looked better than good, Buffy could eat him alive. How was she going to make it through dinner tonight, and why did they have to do this at all? Spike’s reaction to Buffy was quite the same, and he cursed his fate and the fact that he’s have to sit all night staring at this vision of an angel.

Quickly recovering Buffy said with a smirk “You clean up well William,” stressing his birth name

Spike replied with a snort like laugh “Not to bad yourself Goldilocks.”

It was too funny as if it was planned but the smirk the two shared upon greeting told the truth. Angel and Spike were dressed in the same outfit, except Spike’s suite was a dark blue, and he had a deep yellow silk shirt on underneath the jacket. On anyone else the outfit would have looked ridiculous but on Spike it fit him to a T, like the suite was made just for him, vibrant and full of life just like him.

Stepping back Giles gave Joyce a quick one over then complemented her on her simple black dress of chiffon that landed at her ankles and quarter length sleeves that were sheer, a gold necklace accented the dress, and Joyce’s hair was curled and fell to her earlobes. A matching gold bangle sat on her left wrist and on her right was her gold small faced watched enhanced with faux diamonds.

After the greetings everyone entered to dine.

**************************
The dinner was going well they had made it through the appetizers and were started on the main course, Buffy and Spike kept steeling glances at each other. When Buffy intercepted a few that Spike sent her way shed met his eyes for a moment then glance back down at her food with a slight blush to her cheeks. Angel caught the last exchange and raised an eyebrow, then glanced at his sister, then to his best friend. He laughed to himself that it was ridiculous to think anything was behind the stolen looks.

Buffy sat in her chair suddenly feeling like a small child lost in the woods picking at her cheesecake. It looked delicious and now she wished she wasn’t told the news until after she’d eaten it, the chocolate called to her as its liquidness oozed down the side of the solid off white color of the sweet treat.

Dawn happily munched at her ice cream sundae bopping her head to a tune only she could hear. Spike had in not so many words excused himself from the table to head outside for a smoke, and Angel decided to join him for the air. Buffy was still replaying the words in slow motion in her head. Giles and her mother where getting married how wiggy was that? So Buffy did the best thing she could do she started to pout.

***************************

Angel was the last one in the jeep to head home, Joyce pulled out of the parking lot glancing back at her son in the review mirror for a second before returning her eyes back on the road. Buffy sat next to her in the passenger set wringing her hands together and worrying her bottom lip.

“I am happy for you see.” Buffy said sitting up straight in her set pasting on a fake smile. “Happy Buffy!”

Joyce sighed shaking her head. Angel glared at the back of his sister’s head raising his hand to thump her with it, but quickly changed his mind slumping down farther into his set. The remainder of the drive was in silence until they pulled up to house on 1630 Revello Drive. Joyce quickly turned the vehicle off and opened the driver’s side door to exit, Buffy and Angel followed suite dreading what might come once inside.

To their surprise Joyce was deceptively calm, they watched as she started to ascend the stairs to the second floor, stopping she turned to face them.

“I’m not going to lecture you two I feel you’re far to old for that. But I will voice to you how disappointed I am with both of you, and reaction to the news Giles and I shared. We have come a long way in this relationship and he makes me happy, and I thought you would be as happy or at lest pleased as I am.”

Angel hung his head in defeat as the memories of his reactions earlier that night weighed upon him. Shoving his hands into the pockets of his chinos as he kicked at an imaginary dust bunny on the floor.

Buffy just crossed her arms over her chest shifting her weight from one foot to the other adverting her gaze to the ground.

“Sorry.” The siblings uttered out in low mumbles in unison.

Joyce narrowed her eyes into small slits placing her hands on her hips. “Is that all you have to say for yourselves?” She looked at her son then over to her daughter then back to her son. Neither on of them made a sound and Angel only answered her question with a slight shrugging of his left shoulder. Sighing Joyce turned to head to her bedroom “Maybe after a good nights sleep you’ll come to your scenes.”

******************************

Buffy scrubbed her face clean of the remaining make-up then rinse with warm water, grabbing a towel she blotted at her face until it was dry. Turning to head out the bathroom she flipped off the light and walked to her bedroom. Grabbing a pair of pink pajamas with fluffy clouds on them, she slipped the tank top on first then the bottoms. Wandering over to bed Buffy whipped back the comforters and sheet then lowered herself down covering her legs, sighing she turned out the lights.

Buffy laid like that for an hour tossing and turning she couldn’t sleep, turning to look at the time it read twelve thirty. She threw off the coverings with frustration and headed to her closet to grab some clothes, a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt. Whipping her hair up into a quick ponytail she slipped on some sneakers then walked over to her window, taking a quick scan making sure nosy neighbors were in their homes sleep she inched out onto the roof then hoped into the tree.

******************************

Feet walking Buffy had no idea where she was headed to; she just knew she needed to talk. Frowning Buffy looked up when she realized we her traitorous feet brought her…Spike’s house. The one place avoid-y Buffy was trying well to avoid, and quickly turned to walk away.

“Well look what the cat dragged in.”

‘Damn!’ she thought balling her fist and stomping her foot on the ground.

“Spike.”

“Goldilocks.” Spike greeted folding his arms are his chest leaning on the open door frame. “What can I do you for?”

Turning around to finally face him and that always present smirk she knew he wore Buffy opened her mouth. “Confused so I kinda ran.”

Spike pushed off the doorframe and stepped back into the house Buffy knew that was his way of saying ‘get your bloody arse in here’ and so she went.
Once inside Spike shut the door behind his guest and locked the door. Buffy took a quick swallow ‘I can do this.’ She boasted to herself while eyeing Spike from her peripheral vision. Spike turned and headed up the steps with Buffy close on his heels, walking down the hall they passed Dawn’s room, then stopped at the middle door on the left it was Spike’s. Warning bells went off in her head Spike + room = BAD it shouted at her, turning around Spike could see the internal battle going on inside of Buffy. Sighing he rolled his eyes and grabbed her by the hand pulling her inside.

“Eww barbaric much.” Buffy exclaimed plopping down on the worn couch that sat in front of Spike’s TV which was accompanied by the X-box and Playstation, the jewel cases to each video game was line in a pile against the wall, the controllers were neatly put away and surprisingly Spike’s room wasn’t as much of a disaster area like Angel’s. Her brother’s room was like the Bermuda Triangle, things went in but many never made it back out, then Buffy thought so why couldn’t Darla get sucked in there and never come out.

Spike sat down next to Buffy in his normal sprawled out demeanor, resting his left ankle on his right knee.

“So…”

“So…so what?” Buffy was puzzled and it was clearly written across her face.

“What’s with the wondering around in the middle of the night?’

Buffy pulled her ponytail until it sat upon her right shoulder; she grabbed a lock of hair starting to twist it. Pondering her next words how would she say them or what would she say at all? Arching her eyebrow at her own question Buffy started chewing on her bottom lip.

Spike sat there watching the emotions play across Buffy’s face, the way she was idly playing with her hair, the biting of her lip, the heave of her chest with every breath she took she was killing him and didn’t even know it.

“Well? And don’t make me play that soddin ‘well what’ game” he said wiggling his finger in her face.

Buffy sighed and turned her body to face Spike; tucking her legs under her body she rested her left side on the back of the couch.

“This whole thing has gotten me wiggy you know…not my mom and Giles I mean…I don’t know.” She sighed glancing down at her fingernails. “The first thing I thought when my mom told me that we were like “family” was you…what that meant for us, not that I’m saying there is an us, but God…Spike why’d you let me get you drunk?” Buffy’s shoulders slumped in defeat.

“Bollocks, you had a evil plot that I should hav’ seen comin’. You didn’t get your way so you resort to get me plastered.”

“OMG I so did not…ok so maybe I did. But still it’s the principle that counts, and why didn’t you know your were getting drunk you drink all the time like you don’t know.” Buffy finished in a huff.

“Are you daft? How they hell should I…oh bugger it bugger it all.”

Spike jumped up off the couch and started pacing the room, stopping over at his dresser to remove a cigarette from his pack, lighting it up he took a deep drag feeling the burn in his lungs before blowing it out. Feeling a bit calmer from the nicotine he turned to face the girl on his couch.

“You know you only had to ask.” Spike said in almost a whispered tone adverting his eyes to the ground as the words spilled from his lips.

Buffy replied with a whisper as well. “I did, but you refused.” She couldn’t help but notice the small blush that he tried to hid from her grace his cheeks, it made her feel all fuzzy inside.

Spike walked back over to join her, setting down he turned to face her again.

“You were drunk I didn’t want to take advantage of you Buffy. I didn’t want to get you off then you regretted it in the morning.”

“I didn’t and I wouldn’t have. Granted I played avoid-y Buffy after and kinda been playing it now after car lap dance.” A tiny chuckle escaped her throat. “But it wasn’t because of you it was me, I needed to think…about stuff…and stuff.” They both laughed and Spike took another hit off his fag, blowing the smoke away from the blonde perched on his couch.

“Right, glade to here that, cause you kinda know how to make a bloke not feel welcomed.” Spike finished with a smirk.

Buffy played with a stray strand of thread from the couch cushion snickering at the smirk she knew Spike was wearing at the moment, casting her gaze upward she found herself met with shimmering cerulean orbs, and she was lost in them drowning in the emotions they played out for her. Spike found himself lost in a sea of hazel and green fields; he reached out her cupped her right cheek circling his thumb in a soothing manner. Buffy found herself leaning into his caress still locked on those very expressive eyes.

Their heads slowly inched closer together until Buffy could feel Spike’s warm breath on her lips, she could almost taste the cigarette he had just smoked, she was transfixed on those luscious lips. Foreheads now touching Spike reached out and slightly brushed his lips over Buffy’s in a loving manner.

“What are we doing?” he asked in a heavy lusted filled tone.

“I don’t know.” Buffy replied then cupping her hands to Spike’s face as she devoured his mouth in a greedily fashion. Moving her hands from his face to tangle them through his gelled hair, Spike slowly inched his way under Buffy’s T-shirt and cupped her right silk covered breast in his hand, kneading it, and then squeezed the nipple lightly to a peak. Buffy arched into his hand as a moan escaped from her swallowed by his mouth still attached to hers.

Breaking off the kiss Spike peppered kisses along Buffy’s jaw then to her right ear nipping then sucking on it, making a trail down her neck, again alternating between nipping and sucking. Buffy dropped her hands and snaked then under Spike’s black T-shirt running them over his taught abdomen then raising them giving his left nipple a slight tug with her left hand, Spike let a small hiss tumble from his lips as he attached her left earlobe.

Buffy’s hand found its way down to the denim clad erection aching for release, brushing across it lightly made Spike’s hips thrust forward involuntary. Buffy’s other hand decided to join the party as she started to work on the button to Spike’s jeans. Spike ravaged Buffy’s mouth once more seeking her tongue enticing her to play with him, twirling and coxing each other as he removed the T-shirt from her only breaking contact to pull it over her head. Buffy’s hands fumbled a bit but they finally achieved their goal, slowly she pulled the zipper down freeing Spike’s erection, she slid the jeans down half way then Spike took over removing them tossing them to the ground.

“Need you.” Spike uttered in a raspy desired filled voice staring into Buffy’s eyes.

“I need you too.” She replied leading him back down to capture his lips in a searing kiss.

Spike undid the button on Buffy’s jeans and tore down the zipper, with fluid motion he pulled her jeans off to join the pile on the floor, doing the same to her white lacy thong. Reaching up he unclasped the white lacy bra that covered the supple mounds that he so desperately wanted to fest on, running his fingers under the straps Spike pushed the material down Buffy’s arms. Sitting up slightly Buffy aided in the removal of the offending item then laid back down. Spike dipped his head taking one breast into his mouth, swirling his tongue of the shaded peak then adding a slight nip with his blunt teeth, the sensation shot right to Buffy’s heat making her wetter than she already was, aching to be filled she thrust her hips up causing Spike’s penis to brush upon her clitoris, the air was filled with two desire filled moans from the sensation the touch caused.

Spike continued with his worship of Buffy’s breast as she mewed her approval lazily playing with the curls at the nape of his neck. Spike released the breast he was lavishing with a pop then trailed kissed downward onto her soft taught stomach, dipping his tongue into her navel then planting a feather like kiss on top of it, Buffy’s eyes were glassed over with lust as she watch through hooded eyes his descending head. Spike settled between Buffy’s legs trailing kisses along her inner thighs working his way to his intended goal. Buffy gasped as she felt his warm slick tongue approached her opening, her mind started to race a bit. ‘What is he doing? I have to stooooo…’ “Oooo.”

Spike couldn’t help the smile that crossed his face as he listened to the pleasure filled moans that escaped Buffy’s throat as he worked her clit in his mouth sucking, then flicking his tongue over it. Slipping one finger inside her center he worked a rhythm, moving his thrust with each suck he made on her sex. Buffy’s hips started rocking in tune with him as she could feel herself getting closer to the edge. Spike inserted a second finger then a third as he alternated between hard then slow sucks. Buffy’s eyes fluttered closed as she felt her stomach tighten with warmth that spread to her whole body, her legs moved on their own accorded to rest on Spike’s shoulders and her hips moved at a frantic rate. “Oh my god…Spike…SPIKE!”, Spike didn’t stop his ministrations and continued with is set pace until Buffy rode out her climax.

Falling back on the couch her legs relaxed and a clouding lust filled look took over her eyes as a small smile danced upon her lips. Spike removed his finger from Buffy’s hot core and she whimpered at the loss, she wanted him back in her. Spike got up off the couch and walked over to his dresser opening a drawer removing a condom. Buffy watching him walked back towards her, ‘Ummm naked Spike, YUMMY!’ and she couldn’t help the giggling that came from her lips.

“See anything you like luv?” Spike asked with a smirk.

“Yeah, I was thinking how yummy you look.”

Buffy raised up off of the couch and met Spike half way kissing him passionately running her hand down his chest then along his arm stopping at his hand. “Allow me.” She said looking up into his eyes.

Taking the offered condom she removed it from its foil wrapping and placed it in her mouth, lowering her head she slowly took Spike into her mouth while also sliding the condom in place using her hand to roll the prophylactic to the base of the shaft. She took a long deep suck hollowing her cheeks before let him go with a pop, gazing up at Spike with faux innocence.

“Minx.” This time it was Buffy’s turn to smirk.

Spike scooped Buffy up in his arms and carried her over to his bed gently setting her down, then slowly stalked up her body eyes locked on hers. A new chill ran down her spin for what she knew was to come. Spike attacked her lips with ferocity, sucking her bottom lip then plunged inside sweeping the cavern learning every inch, Buffy chased his tongue back into his mouth where she did the same. Lowering his hand Spike positioned himself at the tip of Buffy’s opening, deepening the kiss once more he thrust inside of her heat. Buffy gasped in pleasure as Spike moaned stilling for a moment to control himself, touching his forehead to hers he slowly started to thrust his hips. Instinctively Buffy wrapped her legs around Spike’s hips allowing him deeper penetration. Buffy met hit every thrust, faster and faster they both climbed to their release, skin smacked off of skin as their bodies were covered in a fine film of perspiration.

Spike weaved his hand between them to stimulate Buffy’s clit, the sensitive bundle of nerves was her undoing as her eyes squeezed shut as colors burst behind them, her vaginal muscles tightened as she arched back off the bed shouting Spike’s name from her lips. Spike soon followed her eye tightly closed he drove into her three more times, grunting Buffy’s name spilled from his lips as he toppled onto her spent.

“Bloody hell I can’t move.” The words where muffled from the crock of Buffy’s neck as she lazily ran her fingers through his hair. After a few minutes Spike rolled off of Buffy onto his back, he removed the condom and tossed it into the trash can next to the bed then rolled onto his side, pulling Buffy to him spooning her from the back. Buffy snuggled into his embrace as he placed a tender kiss a top her head, as they both feel asleep.

*********************************

Buffy woke up blinking her eyes as she started to full awake, a puzzled look crossed her face as memories of a few hours ago came back to her. ‘OMG stupid horny Buffy.’ She glanced back over her shoulder to see a handsome sleeping Spike, but it was Spike the soon to be stepbrother or what ever. ‘Oh my god. Oh my god. Breath Buffy you can do this, your friends you can do this.’ She convinced herself sortta.

Slipping out of bed she headed over to the couch to retrieve her clothing, slipping her sneakers on she was done, leaving her hair out deciding not to put it back in a ponytail. Glancing over at Spike Buffy couldn’t help the smile that formed but she also couldn’t help the nagging fear that it brought, what her feelings for him no matter how small they might be brought to her. The last time she felt any were close to this “feeling” it was thrown back in her face. She sigh feeling the tears trying to well up in her eyes but she forced them down, looking at the clock on the night stand it read five thirty, she had just enough time to get home to sneak in before her mom came to check on her.

Walking towards the door she stopped in mid stride.

“Want me to drop you off?”

Buffy turned around with a small smile. “No I’m good. If mom saw me getting out of your car at this hour she’d only thing of two things and I’m aiming for what we just did.”

Spike chuckled still locking eyes with her, “You’re sure, wouldn’t want some big bad to get you and all that rot.”

“Nah really I’m good, but I really gotta go I’ll see you later, k.”

“Ok goldilocks later.”

********************************

Buffy dashed home crawling through her window, she tossed off her sneakers and slid out of her jeans then her eyes adjusted to the early morning pre dawn darkness.

“Where have you been?” Buffy’s eyes widen until she figured whom the voice belonged to.

“Out, but I’m back. What’s your problem?”

Angel rose from the chair he was sitting in walking over to his sister, taking in her appearance.

“I came in here around one to talk but you weren’t in your bed.” He arched an eyebrow at her “And why do you smell like you’ve been smoking?”

Buffy paled as her eyes darted around the room looking every place but her brother’s. God she hated how he made her feel like a child all the time.

“No reason I was out…walking around…went to seven eleven you know how they let people smoke in there. But I’m sleepy and I would like to shower before bed so out.”

***********************************

Angel sat behind the wheel of his car trying to remember how he ended up here. ‘Because your pussy whipped you idiot.’ He shouted at himself. Darla had just finished putting bags in the trunk and slipped next to him in her set, while Dru got in the back.

“My Angel have you seen William?” She question buckling her set belt.

“Yes Dru I see him practically everyday why?” he announced with a sigh, he hated going through this every time he saw her. Why couldn’t see get it through her head that it was over between them.

“Mummy misses her dark prince. He has strayed and he hasn’t come to Mss Edith to have tea.” She pouted.

“It’s ok sweetie it’s his lost.” Darla cooed.

Angel started up the car putting then put the top down as the exited the parking lot.

“William has been a naughty boy.” Drusilla announced, “He is covered, covered in sunshine, why is he covered in sunshine? My little pixie has been doing bad things to him; she is a bad, bad girl. Mss Edith is angry with her, says she shall not get tea and cake. And my dark prince will not bring me presents because they are all for her. I told her not to go into the forest it has thorns.”

Drusilla whimpered into her set as she rubbing her belly, Darla’s smile turned into a frown as she tapped her hand on the window’s rim.

“What’s your problem?” Angel questioned her.

“Nothing, nothing at all. No better yet why don’t you talk to you sister and find out.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Angel was starting to get upset gripping his steering wheel tighter flashing back to early this morning as Buffy snuck into the house. ‘Seven eleven my ass.’ He thought.

********************************
A/N Ok, I'm thinking.... reviews!!! ^_^