Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews guys!!!
***********************
Chapter 11: Friends Redo

Buffy pulled herself out of the bed, glaring at her alarm clock; she had over slept and really didn’t care. Stretching she debated on going to school, she had only fifteen minutes to get dressed, eat, and be inside the doors of Sunnydale High for homeroom.

Remembering she’d already showered, as visions of the previous night crept into her head, a blush slowly spread through out her cheeks. Quickly batting the images out of her minds eye Buffy quickly dressed heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Entering the kitchen she found her brother, maybe she was going to have a good day after all.

“Angel can you drop me off at school, I’m running late.”

Angel glanced at his sister then frowned, turning back around he placed his bowl in the sink.

“Yeah I’ll drive you… squirt,” he started out of the kitchen following his sister’s retreating form.

***********************

Buffy found herself nodding off in all her classes, rubbing her eyes she looked over at Willow and gave her a small smile. Willow sent one in reply with the look of concern written over her face. Buffy inwardly cringed, ‘Midnight sex with Spike on a school night… so not of the good.’

The bell rang ending the last class of the day, and all Buffy could think about was the nice softness of her bed calling to her. But Willow had other plans.

“What’s up with sleepy Buffy?”

Buffy tried to stifle a yawn, but failed bring her hand up to cover her mouth.

“Nothing Wills, just lost out on some quality sleep time with my pillow last night that’s all.”

“Ok, well call me later tonight… ok,” the redhead, commented giving her best friend a hug.

“Will do.” Buffy hugged her back. She stood there watching Willow walk off, turning she headed off in the other direction towards her house.

***********************

Angel and Spike sat in the blonde’s living room, eyes glued to the television set. Figuring something was up with his best friend by the tightness of his body, Spike waited to see if the brunette would voice what was on his mind.

Angel sat back on the pillows of the couch, legs sprawled out as only men could do, and get away with. Sighing loudly, pondering to utter what was on his mind. He ran his hand over his face, and then dropped it back into his lap.

“Drove Darla and Dru to the mall today.” Angel said nonchalantly.

“Yeah, I take it you survived, you here aren’t you.”

“Yup, strange thing thought.” Angel waited till Spike looked over at him. Raising his eyebrow, he silently asked him to continue. “Dru was muttering something.”

“What was she going on about then?”

“Oh you know, her usual. How much she misses you, and how you haven’t come to visit her. Seems she can’t get around the fact that it’s over between you two.” Angel scratched at his chin, then began rubbing it absently, “It was the other thing she said that I need some clarification with.”

“And that would be what?” Spike asked rising up onto his elbows, which were resting his spread knees.

“She was going on about you being covered in sunshine.” Angel stopped, looking over at the bleached blonde. “She mentioned Buffy too, you know she calls her, her pixie.”

“Yeah. We hang out, so what.” Spike kept his voice even, though on the inside he was sweating. ‘Shit, damn Dru and her ramblings.’

“You know Dru, thinks everyone is up to no good like herself.”

Angel leaned back onto the couch once again, taking in his friend, running Drusilla’s mutterings over in his head once more. He knew Spike since middle school, and never once had he ever lied to him, sighing he nodded his head.

“Yeah, I guess your right. Not like anything would be going on between you and Buffy. I was silly to even entertain the idea. I guess the whole Riley thing just tossed me for a loop.”

“Suppose so.” Internally breathing a sigh of relief, Spike had to get to Buffy, let her know what Angel was suspecting.

*****************************
“I’m home!” Announced Buffy as she strolled through the front door, dropping her book bag beside her. Closing the door she wander farther into the house, stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

“Guess nobody’s here.”

She headed for the kitchen grabbing an apple before going to her room. Leaving the door open to her bedroom, Buffy made quick work of her shoes as she dove onto her still unmade bed. Reaching for the remote on her nightstand she turned on her stereo, as the sounds of Nine Inch Nails filled the room.

Slowly swimming awake, Buffy could here someone banging on her front door. Glancing over to her clock she saw that it was a little after four. “Must have dosed off,” she muttered swatting at the drool on her face.

Descending the stairs she called out, “I’m coming, keep your pants on. Geez.”

Whipping the door open she was greeted to a not so amused looking Spike. ‘Shit… utilize the pee hole, that’s what it’s there for. So not ready for this.’ Pasting on her “friendly” smile Buffy stepped aside from the door, allowing Spike to enter.

“What’s up with the face? Is everything ok?” Buffy asked wiping her hands on the leg of her jeans.
“No, we have to talk,” he replied looking her in the eyes. “Peaches’ been sniffing around, got it in his head that something’s going on between us.”

“WHAT!?” She tossed her hands up into the air, “How, when…. What?”

Spike couldn’t help but chuckle at her flustered look, she looked so cute. ‘Ok, focus, not here for the view.’

“Yeah, seems that Dru’s been sputtein’ off her ramblings. Kinda told him that we where getting on with the hot n’ heavy.”

“Oh” Escaped her lips as she buried her face in her hands. ‘Shit, I am so dead.’

“Wait. You’re alive, so that means one of two things,” she commented holding up her hand counting off two fingers as she spoke. “One, he knows, and is cool and totally accepting of us. Or two, he has so believed your cover story, and is content with that. I’m aiming for number two.”

“Hit the nail on the head ducks. Completely believed what I told him. All that hair gel prevents all plausible matter to penetrate his skull.”

Buffy giggled folding her arms over her chest. “You know one day Giles is going to teach me British speech, and I’ll finally know what you’re calling me. Like what is a ‘ducks’? Do I waddle or something?”

The two stood in silence for a few moments, the comfortable kind they come accustom too.

“So” Buffy said thrusting her hands in her jeans back pockets.

“Yeah, so.” Spike repeating the words, rising up on the balls of his feet. Deciding to bit the bullet knowing that the petite blonde in front of him wouldn’t.

“So here’s what I’m thinking. Since Peaches is sniffing at our heels we have no choice but to go back to the way thing where.”

There, he said it, but he wished he could take it instantly back. He didn’t want to go back to the way things where before. He wanted to pick up where they left off, and go from there, many more times.

‘He went there. OMG, he so totally went there. Wait! You wanted him to go there, you where going to go there.’ Buffy rolled the words over in her head, frowning a bit.

“Yeah, you’re right. Me sister. You best friend,” Buffy finished resting her weight on her hip folding her arms over her chest. ‘Darn, no more smooching with the bleached blonde.’

“Well I better get going, while the getting’s good. Don’t want Angel going on the war path, finding me here and all… with out him.”


Spike turned and headed for the door with Buffy close on his heels. Pausing he opened the object blocking his path.

“See you at practice then.”

“Yup, with bells on.” Buffy said looking at the back of his head. Spike refused to turn around, because if he did the whole “friends” thing would be out the window. With his mind maid up he walked out the door and down the steps.

Buffy watched as he got in his car and pulled off. Eyes glued to the black Desoto until Spike drove out of sight. Sighing she rested her head on the now closed front door. Why did it hurt so badly if he meant nothing.

*********************

It had been a week later and things pretty much went back to normal. Buffy still couldn’t help the flutters her stomach did when she was in close proximity with Spike. Or prevent her breath from hitching in her throat, but that was fine, she was fine, everything was… fine.

So if everything was fine, why was she so pissed that he treated her like…well… a friend. ‘Stupid friends and stupid psychopathic brothers’ Buffy echoed in her mind glaring at Angel.

“What? What did I do?”

“Nothing… your hair’s big… and you suck. And ewww why Darla?” She said folding her arms over her chest taking on a defensive stance.

Angel just looked at her as if she grown three extra heads as Spike snorted at her comment. Conner only flashed a shy smile ducking his head he turned back to his drums. Leaning back on the washer she stuck her tongue out at her brother.

***********************

“Its sooooooooo not fair Wills. Why does he get to loom over everything that is my life?” Buffy protested flopping back onto her bed.

“Well, I don’t know. Well he is Angel.” Willow offered up, like him being Angel answered her friend’s question.

“Well you’re no help. What ever, I’m sleepy. Buffy need sleep. I’ll talk to you later.”

The two said their good byes and hung up. Buffy quickly stripped of her clothes and slipped into her pajamas. Laying her head on her overly fluffed pillow she soon dozed off into a fitful sleep.

************************

After waking, showering, and dressing Buffy headed downstairs. It was not close to 3 pm, but not like she cared. Most likely Willow was sucking face with Gunn someplace, preferably dark like a movie theater. Tara was probably at some jam session with Oz and his band, and Faith. Well she was most likely doing something with the combined places mentioned.

Sighing she descended the last step, being drawn to the living room by laughter. She wished Angel told her he was having company, because then she would have made herself look presentable. Because company = Spike, which = spiffy Buffy.

Looking down at her cut off shorts and pink tank top, Buffy figured it was the best she could do on such short notice. Stepping into the den she was greeted by three male forms on the couch, watching female wrestling. How sexist was that, not to mention demeaning to women everywhere.

Plopping down in the chair next to the bay window Buffy scrunched her nose.

“Look who decided to join the land of the living,” Angel replied snarkily.

Choosing to ignore Neanderthal brain, she turned her attention to the bleach menace filling her house with toxins.

“Hello! Second hand smoke, so not of the good.” Getting up Buffy calmly walked over to the trio, Spike eyeing her wearily.

“Don’t even bloody think about it blonde!”

“Give it to me, or you’re going down bleach boy!”

“Children, please. There shall be non of that.” Angel said trying to sound authoritative, causing Buffy, Spike, and Gunn to burst into laughing.

“Hey. That’s not funny I was beginning serious here.”

“Right, like you do serious all the time Peaches.”

“Any who,” Buffy said her gaze falling on Gunn. “Whatcha doin here? And why isn’t Willow attached to your hip?”

Gunn chuckled looking up at the blonde. “Actually she sent me over here to get you. Not sure why she didn’t call herself. But when I got here, Angel told me you where sleep.”

“So you mean Willow is free today?”

Gunn nodded in agreement, “Something about you needing a best friend moment.”

“Cough, whipped, cough.” Angel not so suddenly commented.

“Like you got room to talk. Darla got you wrapped tighter than a python on a kill.”

Buffy snorted, while Gunn laughed, Angel sending them an evil glower.

“Yeah, and wait. How come you get to tromp all over the place with Amazon ho, but I can’t even look at a guy?”

“Well…. Because,” her brother said crossing his arms over his chest. “Don’t look at me like that. I’m older, and a guy. And… and… I know what guys want. So that’s why your not allowed 100 feet in front of them.”

“Oh please. Like you so know every guy. And well… so.” Pouting Buffy quickly thought to rephrasing her reply.

“Let’s just say someone happen to catch my eye, and I just happened to catch their eye as well. And we wanted the whole get together thing going on, but NO, Mr. ‘I am super security man’ for my sister won’t have it. Do you call that fair… huh?”

Very please with herself Buffy released a small sigh. Not only was she able to get through her small speech, she did once break down and look at Spike. No dropping hints on her part.

Angel leaned forward on his knees locking eyes with his younger sibling, even though the one he suspected was seated right next to him. Never mind what Angel though earlier, he just had a sneaking suspicion. That something was going on with Spike and Buffy, behind his back.

“Why? You got someone in mind?” ‘Or someone I suspect.’ He mentally added not removing his eyes from her.

Swallowing hard, Buffy fidgeted with her hands, “No! Kinda, maybe, sorta. That so didn’t come out right, did it?” Waving her hand in the air she started to turn towards Gunn.

“Don’t even worry about, ha, forget I said anything. No need to get that big, blue, throbbing vein a reason to burst loose.”

Facing Gunn, Buffy did the “snoopy dance” with a smile stretching from ear to ear. “This is to good, we can go shopping for prom dresses, and pick out our hairstyles. And we can sing New Kids On The Block eating egg foo young. What? Don’t look at me like that, people so still sing NKOTB.I gotta page Faith too. She’ll want to come with.”

Grabbing the cordless Buffy marched out of the room yapping into the receiver to her friend.

“New Kids On The Block huh? What happened to those poofters? All Dawn plays is Back Street Boys, and that Timberwanker.”

“Don’t ask. Don’t know and don’t care. And what was up with that whole speech? You don’t think she has a thing for… Faith?”

Now it was Angel’s turn to receive the “blank” look from his companions.

“What? I have valid reasons, hear me out. Buffy and Faith never could stand each other. Now all of a sudden their,” he said gesturing with his hands. “… friends. And paging Faith. And the whole acting weird thing. I rather she be sneaking around with you!”

“Is your skull that thick? Why would you even think that?” Spike blurted out giving Angel a look of disgust.

“Well, she hasn’t seen anyone since the breakup with Riley. The only men she hangs out with are us, I mean come on, the clues fit.”

Angel released a breath as he fell back into the couch. Spike reached for his can of coke, and Gunn tired to hide the smirk that was forming on his face.

“You’re worried about this, yeah? Well then we do this…” Spike motioned for them to come closer as he relayed his plan to them. “Now all you have to do is get your “blessings” from Darla and we’re set.”

***********************

It was half past 5 when the doorbell rang; Buffy strolled from the kitchen to answer it. Opening the door she was greeted by Willow.

“Hey Willow, long time no see.”

“Yeah, sorry about that Buffy. I was sorely lacking in the best buds department. Can you ever forgive me?”

Buffy replied with a cheesy grin opening her arms to take her best friend into a hug. Willow shook her head from side to side. “Wait, I brought you something.”

Pulling her left arm from behind her back she presented the plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Buffy chuckled; leave it to Willow to say I’m sorry with gooey chocolaty goodness.

Relieving the red head of her burden, Buffy turned back towards the kitchen. Walking into the living room Willow was greeted by her boy friend, “Hey you. You were supposed to drop off a message not stay the whole day.” She teased sitting down on the couch. Turning she eyed Angel and Spike.

“Angel,” she chirped giving him a small nudge on the arm. Willow then turned her gaze upon Spike. “Spike, done anything interesting lately?” She finished with a smirk, a smirk that looked quite evil on the saintly redhead.

“Yeah, but it’s not what you think.” Gunn said districting her questioning glare. “Angel here has gotten it in his head that Buffy has a thing for Faith.”

Willow couldn’t help the un-lady like snort that escaped from her throat, or the eye roll that followed.

“Seriously Angel. Do you really think that Buffy and Faith have or will have something going on? I mean granted its guys twisted fantasy come true, but ewww, and no. So much world of no. She is so not into Faith like that, Faith is cool, when I’m not around. That sounded so shallow didn’t it? Like Faith is the replacement best friend, I’m babbling… shutting up now.”

“Well I’m going to make sure of that. We came up with this plan. Since Buffy’s going to the prom alone and with Faith.” Angel stressed the last part, then leaned closer into the petite girl sitting next to him.

“I’m going to ask Faith to the prom and Spike is going to take Buffy.”

Willow arched and eyebrow as she tried to repress a tight lipped grin that was threatening to burst from her lips. This was cool, go Spike for the whole sneaky ‘I’m taking your sister to the prom cause she hot’ planning.

Just then Buffy sauntered into the room.

“Ready Willow?” Accepting the nod from her friend she turned for her purse. Whipping around, Buffy balled her fist pointing her index finger between Spike and Angel.

“And when I get back EVERY, and I mean EVERY cookie better be on that plate. Not even a chip should be missing.”

With that she turned nodding her head and strolled out the door.

*********************
The mall seemed to be overly crowded for a Saturday evening, as the three fought their way through the crowed. Stopping at Windsor Fashions they promptly headed for the formal wear section.

“Hey, B!” Faith called pulling a dress from the rack. “I think you’d look hot in this.”
Buffy arched a brow and scrunched her nose, “Ummm, no. Next please.”

“Suit yourself, I’m trying it on.” Faith took the dress and slipped into the dressing room, as Buffy and Willow followed behind with their own picks.

“Ok, now about this mystery hottie you’ve been telling me about. What up with him?”

“Nothing.” Buffy deadpanned.

“Yeah, Angel put a stop to it. You know he’s kinda all controlling like that.” Willow supplied, watching her tongue knowing the brunette didn’t know whom Buffy’s hottie was or how far things went.

“It’s really not his fault. He thinks he’s protecting me from all the scum in the world. You know, boys, men, anything like our dad. And with me being all secretive Buffy on why I broke up with Riley, just adds more to Angel’s wig factor.”

All three girls stepped out of their changing stalls, twirling and posing for each other in their dresses.

“Oh, that’s really nice on you, Will. Goes good with your eyes, and hair I might add.”

Willow smiled as Faith nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you look rockin.”

“So, what happened between you and Riley?”

Buffy contemplated the question Faith posed. She never told anyone what happened, not even Willow. She didn’t even write it in her diary; she wanted to mark that phase of her life out forever, with a black permanent marker.

“It’s nothing really. What? Fine, ok, it was something. But I’m over it now… see.”

“Well if you’re over it you can tell us.” Willow offered.

Buffy sat down on the small ottoman in the changing area; leaning forward she placed her chin in her hands, resting her elbows on her knees.

“Well you know how serious we were, all with the hot and heavy. So before the trip to Florida to my cousin’s house, we consummated the relationship. I did it cause I thought it was right. You know with the whole ‘I love you’, I though he was the one. Well needless to say he went all Jekyll/Hyde on me.”

“Well that’s just fucked up ain’t it?”

“Awww, Buffy, I’m sorry.”

“Yeah so am I, so stupid on the love front. Not going there again…. Ever. Cause if I ever admit it to anyone, not that I’m saying I would… be in love… with anyone. Cause I’m not. I’m just saying I would never admit it, because it would go all wrong from there.”

“Well love’s a Bitch. And sooner or later we’re all going to fall victim to its evil ways.” Faith tossed over her shoulder going back to change into her clothing.

The three finished dressing then paid for their dresses, then it was off to get Chinese and hours of New Kids On The Block.

*********************
A/N Ok that’s if for this chapter. Hoped you liked it, and as always leave a review it really helps!!!