Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm kinda speeding through a few days in this chapter, I mean nothing really happens, and I'm guessing you want to get to the prom sooner or later. And I think I'll go with sooner,lol. So I hope you can follow along, and enjoy the chappie! Also, sorry it took so long, my muse, well he ran out on me, decided to frolic with the daisies. If you want to know what's kept me away from updating this fic, then please check out my new one “It Happened One Night”. And last but not lest, I'm trying to get this whole fic beta-ed since I started this way back last year. This is my first fic every written, and I would like it to be as good as it can be.
Summary: Buffy filled Joyce in about the party. And the relationship between Buffy and Spike seems to be advancing to a new level.

Disclaimer: If I owned Buffy she would still be on the air now, with much spuffy goodness going on. But sadly Joss owns them all and can do with them as he pleases. *sniff *

Rating: PG

Author's Notes: I'm kinda speeding through a few days in this chapter, I mean nothing really happens, and I'm guessing you want to get to the prom sooner or later. And I think I'll go with sooner,lol. So I hope you can follow along, and enjoy the chappie! Also, sorry it took so long, my muse, well he ran out on me, decided to frolic with the daisies. If you want to know what's kept me away from updating this fic, then please check out my new one “It Happened One Night”. And last but not lest, I'm trying to get this whole fic beta-ed since I started this way back last year. This is my first fic every written, and I would like it to be as good as it can be.



***************************



Chapter 15: Pretty in Pink (Sortta)



Buffy was exhausted after her cry-fest with her mother. She slowly climbed the stairs to her room, stifling a yawn she entered her room; quietly closing the door behind her. The bed seemed to far away with its rumpled bedsheets and discarded comforter, but before she knew it Buffy was faced down on her pillow. Quickly she drifted off to sleep.


**************************

Showered and all with the freshness, Buffy plopped herself down in front of her vanity, hair still wrapped in its over sized towel, Buffy grabbed her bottle of jasmine scented lotion and applied it over her damp skin; locking in its moisture.

Buffy placed the lotion bottle back in its rightful place, before slipping on a matching lace undergarments, then tossing on a black tank top and denim skirt.

Returning to her vanity Buffy removed the towel, and combed her fingers through her damp hair, allowing it to air dry. Opening the drawer to her right Buffy quickly removed her diary, pen in hand.

' Dear Diary ... really , who starts off their journal writing with “Dear Diary”. I saw it on a movie once and always wanted to use it. But really - I'm so confused. So much has happened in the past few months it could make one's head spin, and spin mine has . And the strangest of them all are the feelings that I've developed for a certain someone. Well , no, if I'm truthful to myself , which I really. Truthful, my name is Buffy. I love Spike, ooo, look I said it. I love him... a lot. Million dollar question though, should I tell him? He makes my stomach go all flip floppy, making with the butterflies. I'm afraid, deathly afraid that he doesn't feel the same way about me. And I really want to find out, but I'm all scared-y Buffy when it comes to that. If he doesn't feel the same way about me, I will most likely die. So what should I do?

xox Buffy xox'


Buffy closed the book setting it on top of her vanity. With a sigh she rested her face in the palms of her hands, staring at her reflection.

“Well ... just what do I do?”

*****************************

Sunday had come to an end, Monday rushed by, and then it was Tuesday, one day before the prom. Buffy was happy ... okay, ecstatic was more like it. Finally one of the biggest nights of her young life was about to happen.

Willow had been a non stop chatter box all day, hands and head moving animatedly back and forth as she talked. Tara was surprisingly talkative as well. The three had been busy getting final touches for their outfits.

Faith had recently departed from their company after their appointments at a local salon. Nails, hair, and waxing all done. All Buffy had left to do was wait, and walk home since she couldn't get Angel to pick her up. He and Spike had been acting all super sneaky lately, and Buffy was getting restless not knowing what was going on.

With a sigh she stuffed her neatly manicured fingers into her jean pockets and continued her trek home. Tara and Willow were commenting on each other's hair, but Buffy really wasn't paying them much attention, she was focused on her conversation with Faith earlier in the day.



Buffy and Faith sat side by side while the two cosmetologies set to work on their nails. Faith wore a smirk as she kept looking at the blonde next to her.

“What's with the smirk?”

“Aww, come off it B. Quite with all the coyness.”

Buffy laughed a bit, but still quite perplexed.

“I honestly have no clue to what you're talking about. So enough with the double O, and spill.”

Faith licked her candy apple red lips, damping them a bit before continuing.

“So, you and Spike are playing 'hide the sausage', huh?”

Buffy's eyes widened to huge saucers as she quickly whipped her head around to see where Willow and Tara sat, before turning back to the brunette.

“Umm, okay, where did you here that?”

“Seriously Buff, the two of you, the other night, party at Cordelia's.”

Stifling a nervous giggle, Buffy started to flush a pale pink.

“We were that obvious?”

“Damn B, obvious, shit you had me sweating. So how long.”

“Not long, Faith,” she replied still trying to hide the tint to her skin.

“And you have to be quite, cause nobody knows.”

Faith mocked buttoned her lips still wearing that devilish smile.



“Buffy... earth to Buffy. Are you ok.”

“Yup, just peachy Wills, just peachy!”


***************************

Spike paced back and forth on the front porch, mumbling to himself as he took another drag from his cigarette. He whipped around his duster twirling out behind him. Buffy watched with amusement as she mounted the stairs trying to stifle her mirth.

Looking up, Spike's eyes rested upon Buffy's face, he couldn't help the smile that spread from her presence. He quickly swallowed the distance between them, coming to rest only an arms span from her.

They stood there for some long moments, not put off by the silence, he was so close, Buffy could smell the warn leather of his duster, and the still clinging smoke from his cigarette. God, she loved his smell, could never see herself growing tired of it.

“Like the hair, Goldilocks,” he whispered, wrapping a finger in one of her curls.

A slight blush crept upon her checks as she mumbled a “thank you”. Quickly composing herself Buffy looked up into those ever expresses blue eyes.

“So what's the what? Gonna tell me why your here, not that I mind,” she blushed once again.

Spike opened his mouth ready to reply, but found he couldn't speak. He knew why he was there, and running it over in his head everything sounded fine, but now, face to face with his sunshine, he found he couldn't form the words. 'Bloody hell!'

Spike started to pace once again, getting his mouth to form the words. Buffy watched his retreating form. He quickly turned again and walked back towards her. Stopping he locked eyes with her again.

“Buffy, I know its late and all, and you... sod it. Will you let me take you to the prom?”

Stunned with utter surprise Buff blinked and ran the question through her head once more. She did not have to think twice, she knew what she wanted, secretly dreamed. Will a smile firmly in place she replied with a simple “Yes!”

*********************

Buffy rushed into her room, tossing herself on her bed. She was ecstatic, she going to the prom, with a date, who was Spike. She couldn't help the sappy smile that was plastered all over her face, or the corny song playing over in her head.

'I'm going to the prom with Spike.'

She needed to call someone, to tell them the good news. Buffy picked up the phone and dialed the number.

“Faith!”

***********************

Dara sat across from Angel on her couch, arms folded defensively over her chest, and her face taking on the appearance of one who just recently sucked on a lemon.

“I thought I made myself perfectly clear, there would be no Faith taking to the prom.”

“It's not a big deal Darla. I'm just taking a friend to the prom.”

Dara uncrossed her arms and scooted over to the brunette sitting on her couch. She slipped her hand between his, and batted her eyes lovingly, turning on the charm.

“Angel, sweetie. I'm asking you nicely not to take Faith to the prom.”

“Well I'm sorry Dara, but I can't just up and tell her that I'm not going as her date now can I? She has been expecting to go with me for the past two weeks. So, no, I'm going with her.”

Ripping her hand away from his, Darla jumped up off the couch.

“FINE! But I'm warning you, if you walk out that door without complying with me, then, then don't bother coming here ever again.”

'Well won't Buffy be pleased. Where did that come from?' Angel thought before turning his attention back towards the irate woman before him.

“Come on Darla, I don't see what the big deal is, and why are you acting like this? It's not like I have a thing for Faith. There's nothing for you to be worried about.”

“This is not up for discussion, you either do as I say or its over,” Darla hissed crossing her arms over her chest.

*****************

Buffy had planned on putting some quality time into her appearance for her big night, but after being invited by one very sex bleached blonde, she took even more time.

Buffy had been primping almost the whole day, and Joyce couldn't help the smile that wouldn't leave her face. She was finally let in on the little plan Monday evening by Angel and Spike. She had thought it was a very lovely thing the boys had planned, for both Buffy and Faith.

The day was coming to a close and Angel had just headed out the door to pick up Faith, then return to the house for pictures, because he promised his mom he would. Buffy had heard him leave, and that so didn't help the butterflies in her stomach. She was totally nervous, because this was like a real date, with Spike, and she wanted everything to go off without a hitch.

Touching up her final curl to her head, Buffy turned off her curling iron.

Joyce knocked quickly on the door, cracking it a bit, “Can I come in?”

“Sure, I need help getting into my dress,” Buffy replied getting up from her vanity.

Joyce entered her daughter's room and closed the door behind her.

“So how do you feel?” She questioned walking into the middle of the room, her eyes following Buffy as she retrieved her dress.

“If I said good, would you believe me?” Buffy smiled, removing her dress from its hanger.

“My stomach's all with the flurries, but it's all good,” she continued walking back towards her mother.

Buffy stood in front of her mirror, and slipped into her dress. Joyce walked up behind her daughter and zipped the back of the dress closed. Smoothing down the front Buffy looked herself over. The dress looked better than she remembered, and it played will with her make up.

“You look beautiful sweetie,” Joyce commented, giving Buffy's a quick squeeze.

“Thanks mom,” the younger Summers responded with a grin.

Buffy watched as her mother exited the room, then returned her gaze to her reflection in the mirror. As hard as she tried, she couldn't wipe that stupid, cheesy grin off her face.

Joyce knocked once more before re-entering the room.

“Buffy I want to speak with you quickly before your date arrives.”

Buffy watched as Joyce finished and walked over to her bed with a smile. Sitting down she patted the plush comforter. Wondering what could be on her mom's mind Buffy quickly headed towards her bed, to join her mother.

**********************

Spike was nervous, no more than nervous, he was a giant ball of raw nerves. He was pacing his room, mumbling to himself. He needed for everything to go smoothly for tonight, this was a real date, with Buffy.

Grabbing the pack of cigarettes off the top of his dresser, he lit one with his zippo lighter. Spike took a long, deep drag off the stick, relishing the nicotine. Calming him as it entered into his blood. Spike knew he was acting like a poncy git, but he couldn't help it.

Giles knocked on the door before entering. Taking in his nephew's appearance brought a slight smile to his lips. Spike had so many of his mother's subtle mannerisms, and not to mention those over expressive eyes. If it weren't for the fact that Spike favored his father in looks, Giles would swear that Connie was still with them.

“Are you gonna to stand there all day, or are you gonna help me with this bloody thing?” Spike practically ground out, trying to tie his bow.

Giles walked towards his nephew, smile still firmly in place, as he swatted at the younger man's hands. The two stood in silence as Giles worked the material into its desired shape, giving it a slight tug; making sure it would stay.

“You know it doesn't help to be nervous. You tend to get a bit testy.”

Spike regarded his uncle with a look of false shock before turning away to inspect his work in the mirror. He looked good, not that he was vain or anything, he just could admit it to himself that he was a right fine catch, even if Dru never noticed. Or maybe she had, but always knew he never truly belonged to her. Spike wondered for a moment if Miss Edith relayed to Drusilla what the fairies shared with her from the stars; about him and Buffy?

The tuxedo he wore was all black, except for the deep hot pink vest he wore underneath, accompanied with black dress shoes. Yeah, he looked good.

“'M not nervous, and I don't get testy,” Spike mumbled, turning back around to glare at his uncle, but a smile formed on his face instead.

The sounds of rushing feet could be heard on the stairs, then heavy panting as a long, skinny shadow danced at the frame of Spike's bedroom door. Dawn came hopping into view a few seconds later, digital camera in one hand and a cheesy grin plastered over her face.

“Say cheese, Spike!” She practically shouted raising the camera to her face.

“Hey, you put that down. No pictures!” Spike pointed his finger at Dawn with a glower.

“Awww, come on Spike. Uncle Giles make him take a picture,” Dawn whined, turning pleading eyes to the older man.

“Surly Spike, one photo wouldn't hurt.”

Spike wasn't in the mood for pictures, it was bad enough he promised Joyce she could snap away to her hearts content, but Dawn, a bloke had limits. And there was no way he was going to idly sit by while Dawn's friends went all ga-ga over his image. But one look at his little sister's face, and Spike knew he wasn't getting out of the house without a fight.

Turning, he snatched up his tuxedo jacket and placed it one, buttoning the top button only.

“How do you want this?” Spike questioned waiting for his sister's reply.

“Next to Uncle Giles,” Dawn gestured making a sweeping motion with her hand. “It's not every day a girl gets two handsome men together for pics,” she smirked.

Finished with the pictures and well wishes from Giles, and Dawn, Spike was out the door.

He hopped in the rented limousine and was off to pick up the object of his affection.

***********************

The two limousines arrived at 1630 Revello drive at the same time. Angel was the first to emerge extending his hand to escort Faith out of the open door. Spike exited his own ride clutching a small white box in his arms, walking towards the duo. He ran his eyes over the dress the raven haired beauty picked for the evening, no warm blooded man could dismiss how it clung to every curve the girl had.

Faith had picked out a black halter top styled dress, two thick, sheer straps connected in the back to hold the outfit in place. A black satin belt with bow rested under the curve of her breast, and the dress stopped at her knees, with a 4 inch slit on the left. And to top it off, Faith wore some killer 4 inch silver stiletto heels.

Faith smirked, catching the look the Spike gave her, “Yeah, I know. You don't look to bad there yourself cutie.”

“Hey, and what do I look like chopped liver?” Angel asked with a false pout. He looked down at his tux, black with a white dress shirt, and red vest underneath.

“Nah, you look fine Peaches. All dreamy like for the ladies. Hair has just enough bounce too!” Spike joked.

That seemed to cheer up Angel up as he headed up the steps to his house.

Joyce was standing at the door, ready for when the trio entered, camera in hand. She didn't know Faith that well, but if she was friends with Buffy she was alright in Joyce's book. Plus it gave her a good excuse to snap more pictures.

The small group entered the foyer and were greeted to the flash of the camera.

“You could have given us fair warning mom,” Angel blinked at the tiny white spots that danced before his eyes.

“Oh, where's the fun in that honey?” Joyce turned away from the three to call up the steps.

“Buffy, Spike's here.”

Buffy exited from her room and walked down the hall, stopping just before she came into view. Those butterflies were on the move again, making her feel all fluttery with a bad case of nerves. She took a deep breath, smoothed at some imaged wrinkle on her dress and walked down the stairs.

Joyce smiled as she watched her daughter descend the steps, one by one. She was quite sure Buffy didn't want to fall. Joyce raised her camera and quickly snapped a picture, before turning her gaze towards the gentleman standing next to her. She had to chuckle a bit at the look on his face, and not being able to help herself; Joyce took another picture.

Spike was mesmerized the moment he saw the bottom of Buffy's dress appear on the stairs. As she came into view his face took on a raptured look, as he sucked in a much needed breath.

Buffy stepped down off the last step to stand in front of Spike. God, he looked hot, to coin Cordelia, he was much of the salty goodness.

“Hi,” Buffy's greeting came out in a breathy whisper, not missed by her mom, who couldn't smile harder.

“Hello, cutie,” Spike greeted looking her up and down once more. “Like the dress.”

Just for Spike's reaction alone Buffy was glad she chose the dress she had. It was the same deep pink color as Spike's vest, halter top style like Faith's with a small V neck exposing minimal cleavage instead of a bunch like Faith. Around the V neck was decorated with black embellishment. The dress was floor length, mimicking a mermaid's tail and a black satin accent belt just above her knees.

Buffy ducked her head in a bashful blush before turning to Faith and Angel. “Hey guys!”

“Hey, B, lookin good!” Faith gushed, she really loved that dress. Faith and gushing wasn't something that happened everyday.

“Okay, guys, one more picture and you can be off.”

“Just a minute Joyce,” Spike interrupted her before turning to his date for the evening. Opening the box he removed a small corsage. It was beautiful, with pink roses, and baby's breathe tossed about. Buffy swallowed hard and extended her hand. Riley never did anything remotely as sweet as this, and she found herself fighting back the tears that threatened to spill. Cause, hello, so not wanting to mess up the make-up.

Spike slipped the flower arrangement onto her delicate wrist and smiled.

With out further ado Joyce ushered everyone into a group, and snapping six more photos.

****************************

Okay, that's the end of this chapter. Again I am sorry that I took forever to update, but what can you do when the muse runs out. But please if you liked shower me with your praise,lol. If you didn't like, remember be nice, I'm human too. But you can let me know. Now off to review with you. :::grin:::