*****************************
Chapter 2: New Beginnings

Friday was looking to be a good day so far, the sun was shinning and it was pleasantly warm for a spring day in California. Buffy had just walked up to Sunnydale High and spotted Willow standing under a tree digging through her book bag. Buffy pulled at her hot pink mini skit, she tugged to fix it straight. She walked over to her friend with a smile.

“Hey Wills.”

“Hey Buffy.” Willow replied without looking up, still looking for what ever it was in book bag. She glanced up at her friend “Nice outfit… very retro.”

Buffy had put a lot of thought into her outfit, like she always did, but this time she was quite sure she’d outdone herself. She was sporting a mini hot pink skirt with matching ¾ sleeved shirt, black leggings, one gold and one black belt that hung on her hips, with huge shinny buckles on them. Her ears sported two large circular earrings, and Buffy’s hair was left down to trail her face, with shabby bangs. Completing the look her feet were encased in some black sling back shoes.

“Oooooo look, it’s a Madonna reject.” Cordelia spat out between a tight-lipped fake smile and a perfectly arched eyebrow.

Buffy rolled her eyes but didn’t bother to turn around to face her ex-friend. Willow glared at the trio and continued to dig around in her book bag.

“Really Cordy,” Buffy spat out “I don’t have time for this. So unless you have something to say to me, GET. OUT. OF. MY. FACE.”

“Rude much! Not like I wanted to waste time with your reject ass anyway.”

“Yeah!” Anya and Harmony added.

With a flick of her manicured nails Cordelia, Anya and Harmony strolled off.

The bell rang to start the new school day. Buffy was sitting in 2ed period Math. She looked out the window watching the cars drive down the street, Willow was telling her something but her mind was to occupied, about her performance the following night.

Her brain still hadn’t rested but she figured her voice couldn’t get any better, plus she couldn’t ignore the fact that Angel and Spike in their twisted way, assured her everything was fine.

Times like this she wished they didn’t graduate last year, and then she’d have them to cheer her up when she started to mope like this. In between her thoughts the classroom door opened and in walked a very good-looking young man.

All eyes shot to him, stalking his pace. He was dressed in overly baggy denim jeans that hung bellow his hips with the label “phat farm” on them, with a red and white plaid short-sleeved shirt, a white undershirt peeking through its top. And the young teen had a smooth dark complexion, and a completely baldhead.

“Hello, who is the hottie?” Cordelia whispered to her friends who started to giggle a bit still ogling the newbie.

After taking the class schedule from the boy, Mr. Stolch looked at the name then placed it under his attendance folder. He cleared his throat to get the classes attention.

“Class it seems we have a new student in our mist” He gestured to Gunn. His name is Charles Gunn, and I would like you to do your best to make him feel welcomed.”

Gunn looked at his fellow students, his eyes landing on Cordelia and her crew, he flashed this a cocky grin, which she returned.

***************************************

Willow was taking a bite of her tuna sandwich when Buffy forcefully placed her lunch tray down, followed by Buffy tossing herself down in her chair.

“What’s up? Your not all here today.” Willow questioned taking another bite out of her lunch.

Buffy stabbed at her chef salad, throwing the strips of meat onto the lunch try and placing a shred of cheese in her mouth.

“Nothing…it’s just…nothing. I’m sorry Willow I’m not “all there Buffy” today.” She said slumping back into her set.

“I’m your best friend right?” Buffy gave Willow a “duh look. “Well all I’m saying is you can tell me anything. I’m here to help.”

Buffy sighed “It’s nothing just nerves over tomorrow night that’s all.”

Willow was about to respond but she was interrupted.

“Oh look it’s Miss. Piggy!” Cordelia shouted at Tara walking past their table to sit with Buffy and Willow. “What the lunch lady run out of your slop? Had to go with human food instead?”

Xander let out a snort with a eye roll, which caused everyone at the table to burst into even more laughter.

“Why don’t you shove it Queen C, or maybe it’s more like Queen B!” Buffy yelled back.

Cordelia shot Buffy an evil glare then turned her head back to Gunn. But wasn’t really focusing on what he was, saying she was more lost in her own thoughts: ‘Why is she being such a bitch? What did I ever do to her? We were friends for like ever then she turns all gothic, punk, psycho bitch on me.’

Cordelia hated beginning confused, and her ex-best friend’s attitude towards her now was very confusing and she crossed her arms over her chest and began to pout.

“So Xander when are you planning on asking me to the Spring Formal, the day before or what?” Anya questioned her boyfriend. “Maybe I should find another date if you keep dragging your heels.”

“No Ahn…I was planning on it…actually the Xan-man was going to ask you today.” Xander said with a slight smile. ‘Don’t tell her you forgot about the who stupid dance.’ He thought.

“You know that’s a excellent idea Xander.” Cordelia chimed “I think you should find another date Anya.”

Anya was about to protest so Cordelia decided to finish. “I have an idea that will put little Ms. Buffy and her cohorts in their place one and for all.”

She said popping a carrot stick in her mouth. Anya and Harmony’s eyes lit with humor waiting for her to finish.

“Xander you are such an important part of this, since you will be playing the date part…” Cocking her finger she drew the group in around the table to weave her little web.
*********************
A/N This one's a tab shorter than the first