Chapter 5

______________________



“So how do we…uhh…do this?” Buffy asked, flushing slightly. The situation was different that any other time she had been bit but the time with Angel had been highly erotic. Having his fangs piece her flesh was as intimate as taking his cock inside her body and since just sitting this close to Spike had caused her flesh to tingle, she didn’t want to use the situation to clarify how she felt about him. They were doing this as friends and it would be wrong to lead him on, just to see if the spark she felt every time he was around would burn out of flame up.


Spike caught the barest hint of her arousal and tried to keep his face unaffected. “I’ve got feeling for you pet, so anyway we do this is, it’s going to feel intimate…it doesn’t help that biting is a part of foreplay for my kind.”


Startled that his feeling might be like her own, she tried to remain calm. “What kind of feelings do you have Spike? Are we just good pals helping each other out or do you have…uhh…feely type feelings?”


Unable to help it he smirked at her. “Feely, feelings eh?”


Blushing, she couldn’t help laughing at how ridiculous she must sound. Just like the old adage said, if you couldn’t talk about sex you shouldn’t be having it…“I’m thinking about sex?”


“Are you now pet?” Spike asked cockily, hoping she hadn't notice he had taken a deep unneeded breath at her words.


Feeling even more heat rush to her face as she realized she must have said that aloud, she took a minute to think over her options. She could play the naïve schoolgirl or she could honestly discuss how she was feeling without shame. “I didn’t mean to say that aloud but let’s just say you’ve been doing guest spots in my dreams since that night.”


“Bloody hell, why didn’t you just call me then?“ Spike asked wondering how tonight seemed destined to change everything between them. The other night was a charade based on truth but this was them being honest with each other and about their needs. “I’ve been going out of my mind wanting to touch you.”


“I didn’t call because I feel the exact same way.” Buffy said softly, looking up to meet his eyes. “We’ve been enemies for so long and after being just us for a single night, I suddenly can’t get you out of my mind. I want you, want to explore the way you make me feel and I haven’t felt like that since…”


“Since Angel.” Spike said finally beginning to understand. “Just like him I am vampire and you’re afraid if we do this I’ll hurt you, like he did.”


“I’m afraid we‘ll hurt each other and neither one of us need anymore relationship based pain.” Buffy corrected him firmly as her insides becoming a wriggling mass of self-doubt. “Like me you’re the kind of person that loves with all they are and doesn’t let go until all hope is gone. I not a fool Spike, I know that the second we cross the line of our friendship we won’t just be dating…we’ll be together entirely. My Slayer and your demon are animalistic, primitive and its part of our nature to seek out a mate. There won’t be a slow fall; I wanted him the night we met before I even understood what I wanted and it was the same with you, only this time I know exactly what it means. Angel and I dated but that was just because he was trying to deny what we both felt and not because we wanted time to get to know each other better. The moment we looked into each other’s eyes that part of our being recognized one another, the same way you and I understand one another. I didn’t need to try out our friendship and let it grow like I did with Willow and Xander because I saw everything I needed to know when you smiled at me. It will be the same thing if we become lovers…the feelings will come hard and fast and they’re won’t be time to back off before someone gets hurts.”


He didn’t like hearing about her and Angel but once again he couldn’t deny what she was saying. Buffy had a way of getting right to the heart of the matter, cutting through all the bullshit that usually came with relationships. Human’s dated to build a connection but Slayers and Vampires weren’t human, they were predators inside human shells. It didn’t matter if they both embraced their humanity; that primal link back to the beginning of time connected them. “Buffy I can’t promise that neither one of us will never hurt the other but I can tell you that if we don’t take a risk, a chance, we’ll never know if we’ve found the one person that we’ve been searching for…the person who makes us whole.”


“Spike, I need another promise…one I’ll gladly give you in return.” Buffy said shifting in her seat so that they were now facing one another. “No lies, I want whatever we have to be based on the truth and I don’t want us to hide what we truly are from one another. I know you’ve got more than a few bodies in your past just like you know I’ll continue slaying your kind and if you can accept that, I have no problem with the fact you’re a vampire. Actually…it’s kind of one of the things I like about you.”


Arching his eyebrow he gave her an amused look. “So the girl likes a bit of a monster in her man, eh.”


Rolling her eyes she got to her feet and began to furiously pace around the room. “Why is that such a damn surprise to everyone? Hell, I have super strength, hearing and senses, so why does everyone act so shocked that I am attracted to people that also have those qualities? So what, you happen to be a vampire and sure as a Slayer I’m only suppose to see you as an enemy but then again Slayers aren’t suppose to have significant others; so that more or less shows I don’t really sweat the rules much. Not to mention the whole not aging thing, I’m not so superficial that I’d dump someone because they aged and I didn’t, but I can’t see myself loving someone who won’t be around as long as I am going to be. Knowing that I’d wake up some morning after fifty or so years and he’d be gone, doesn’t really work for me. Sure you can get dusted tomorrow but then again, you could live to be a thousand. So…”


The smell of her arousal and anger were a potent combination and he’d heard more than enough. Getting to his feet he jerked her around mid-rant before crushing his lips to hers. She let out a small gasp but her strong arms wrapped around him pulling him closer.


Surrendering to the fire that flared to life between them, clothes were shoved to the floor as their hands sought out flesh and neither one particularly cared about what state their clothing ended in as long as it was off.


In an tangle of limbs, they sank down to the floor, their mouths fused together as their kiss continued. When she pulled away to gather air into her burning lungs, he took a second to take in the sight of her flushed body laid out under him. “So fucking beautiful.” He mumbled reverently as he lowered his mouth to taste her pale dusky nipple. Swirling his tongue around the pebbled bud, he reached down to trace his hand down to trace the lips of her pussy. Growling when he felt the moisture already gathered there, he knew that this first time wouldn’t be gentle but they’d both be sated entirely before it was over. It was fitting in a way, their first joining should be as powerful as the feelings pulsing inside them.


Writhing as his thumb glided over her clit continuously, she arched her back off the floor when she felt his fingers slid inside her, stretching her for what was to come. Speech had failed her, as body smoldered every where he touched her and as she felt her climax building inside her, she didn’t bother to hold back the low guttural moans his ministrations brought to her throat.


Fuck she’s responsive, he thought as she enjoyed herself in complete abandon. He doubted she even realized her nails had left long weeping furrows down his back, rising his own arousal to a point that his throbbing cock had become painful. “That’s it baby, cum for me…gonna make you feel so fucking good luv.” He promised her, before capturing her nipple between his blunt human teeth and biting down lightly.


The result was almost instantaneous, that small bite of pain sent her sweet juices flooding over his fingers and before she could even take a single breath, he’d pulled out his fingers and rammed his cock inside her. Their eyes met for a moment as her muscles continued to clench around him and both of them realized that from that moment on there would be no other.


Joined together, holding nothing back they knew they were with the one person that could destroy them utterly or make this life worth living. It didn’t matter that his soul was lost, because it had gone to her and she had carried inside her all this time, warming it with her own. She was his mate, his beginning and end and he’d remake hell itself before anyone or anything came between them.


Fuelled by almost an insane desire to possess her he surged into her at a punishing pace and his girl met him trust for thrust. Her legs wrapped around him, holding him as her willing captive as they lost themselves in one another entirely. It was as if every fevered touch erased all the hands that had touched them in the past, reclaiming what was theirs and when Spike felt his own peak drawing near, he met her eyes once more.


Even in this wild state, he wouldn’t take anything that wasn’t freely offered and that made the choice for her. Rising herself up, she honed in on his sire’s scar and bit into it with her human teeth, tearing through the flesh as if she had fangs. Drinking deeply of his blood, she let his essence fill her and as if she had been borne to them, the ancient magick of his kindred filled her body. The incantation floated through her mind, burning his presence within her skin and she pulled away to meet his eyes. “Mine.” She said firmly, her voice thick with unspent passion and need.


“Yours.” He agreed before lowering his mouth to the Master and Angel’s mark. He hadn’t just offered to belong to her, he had silently asked if she would be his and now all that remained was for him to compete the magicks she had began. Once his fangs pieced her and the elixir of her blood spilled into his mouth, his release overtook him and at the first pull of her blood, she shattered around him. Drinking all that she was inside him as the clinching walls of her pussy milked his cock for every drop of his cum, he felt all that she was, contained with him.


Moments before her heart stopped entirely he pulled his mouth away and stared down at her with his true face. “Mine.” He said with a deep resounding growl.


“Yours.” She promised, brining him down for the softest of kisses, before closing her eyes as death overtook her.


When her eyes closed, Spike couldn’t help but wonder what would happen when they opened again. He had led her into an emotional land-mine tonight and he was more than a little afraid that she’d think he’d used that to get what he wanted. They had their own history and while it wasn’t the typical type of thing to build a relationship on, being enemies had had given them insights into one another that a friend or lover might never see. In life and death battles the best and worst parts of a persons character surfaced and at that time a person is their most honest. You can’t hold back or else it could mean your death and it was the same thing when you made love the first time. Despite the urgency and wildness of the moment, they hadn’t been fucking, they had opened themselves to one another to explore the spark between them. It wasn’t about flesh meeting flesh, it was about reaching out for the one thing that seemed just beyond their reach and finally taking it.


Now all that there was left to do was wait and see if she’d feel the same way once the haze of need had cleared, Spike decided scooping her into his arms and carrying her to bed.