The Lurve Series


By PassionFish





[The fourth in the series, a couple of weeks after the third episode!]



Rating: Um, I think it will be R over all, but a couple of episodes will probably be NC-17! [There's a shocker for you!]



Disclaimer: See page!



Distribution: Sure, just ask first!



Feed Back: Love 'em! Gimme more.... I’m a review whore! [Wow, I rhymed!]



Big Thanks: To my wonderful Beta, Marsters’ Girl, as always – couldn’t do it without you, babe!



--


Ep 4: When He's Not Around



A/N: (The song belongs to The Corrs.... i.e. not me!)



[A couple of weeks later...]







"Reasoning is that form of thinking in which the possible solutions are tired out symbolically. Humans are the singular example of beings with the adequate languages and notatory systems to allow for the process of reasoning."



Psychology was not as fun or as easy as it had originally sounded, was the conclusion Buffy had come to over the past sixty seconds.



Nowhere in the brochure did it mention that there would be this much listening, or work...or boredom.



"A reason," The professor continued to drone on. "In the inferential sense is roughly, a true statement or fact such that, on the basis of knowing it, it would be reasonable, right or plausible to infer, suppose or judge that something is the case."



Buffy rolled her neck through three hundred and sixty degrees, momentarily freaking at the mental reminder of evil praying mantis lady before returning to the much more serious issue of unkinking her neck muscles.



God, this was boring...there were so many things she'd rather be doing; watching paint dry, sleeping, listen to Xander bitch about something, ugh - patrolling, screwing Spike...hey, how'd that get in there?!



Buffy shook her head, determined to remain focus, as she widened her eyes in order to concentrate on the stationary Prof. at the front of the class.



There had been waaaaay too much Spike think-age over the past couple of weeks.



Mmmm, Spike-age.... kissing Spike, touching Spike, jump-



No, Bad Buffy - mind on track...for once.



"Reason can be separated in to inferential reasoning and explanatory reasoning; as distinguished by Spike. Suppose, to take..."



Buffy jumped in her seat and spun to Willow, only to see that she was busy writing notes:



Inferential - fact

Explanatory - explanation; Combe speculation hypothesis.



"Will!" She hissed across the desk.



Willow blinked and looked up from her psych haze, "Buffy? What?"



"Did he just say that Spike distinguished reason?"



Willow smiled at the Slayer's frazzled look, quickly making another notation about what the professor was explaining before turning to face her obviously besotted friend. Those two were just too cute together.... pity about the whole one half of the couple being a homicidal maniac thing...but she could get used to that if it meant Buffy was as crazy-happy as she had been these past few weeks.



"No." The redhead tried not to giggle at the exasperated look on her friends face as she realised what her sex-starved brain had done. "Sibley."



"Ahhh...Sibley; psych guy, right?" Buffy looked hopeful and Willow rolled her eyes.



"You can see my notes later." She promised, before turning back to the front; quickly engrossing herself in the lecture.



*Sibley - duh, I knew that. Sure, Spike, ah! I mean S-i-b-l-e-y: psych guy, important, influential...ooooh, big word. Pause. Okay, who the hell is Sibley? * Buffy shook her head. *Never mind. Concentrate...school, college...come on, you're clever-ish, you can do this! *



--

I can't breath

I can't sleep...

--



*Okay, so psych...Big, interesting subject...lots of...words and stuff.... In no way Spike-related. Okay, paper, pencil.... wood.... Mmmm, Spike...STOP! Reason, right then. I'm all reasonable and stuff...piece of cake, oooh - cake! Food, mmmm, tasty Spike-shaped snacks...*



--

He's uncool; an unsophisticat

He's a tightrope walker on an open path

He's a maze of curiosity

He is the living bread that cures my appetite

--



"God, he tastes sooo goooood! It's like mint and tobacco have never tasted that good until they were put in his mouth...oh, and his mouth everywhere...on me...ughhh!!!*



--

I find that I can't breathe and I can't sleep

When he's not around

Everyday is bluey grey

When he's not in town

--



*Liiiiisteeen tooo theee leeeccctttuuuurrreee.... Okay, enough with the Dracula impression...What the hell is this lesson on again? Oh yeah. Reason. Right. Um.... okay, what has Will written? Ummm, so that makes no sense. What have I written? Oh yeah, nothing, no wait; what's that? Ohhhh, Spiiikkkkeee! *



--

His mystique is one of innocence

I feel I'm lounging in lovely in his big blue eyes

--



*His eyes are so dreamy...I could just get lost in them...they're like the sea after the storm...okay, think I've watched The Princess Bride waaaaay too many times. *



--

And I would preening in paradise

If I were always beside him like a Siamese

--



*GOD! This is so boooring, and totally non-comprehendible. Is that even a word? I bet Spike would know.... that vamp is way to knowledgeable for a dead guy.... but then he has been around for like, ever. You know, that's probably why he's all, uh hum...technique-y. God, the things that man can do with his tongue...*



--

I find that I can't breathe and I can't sleep

When he's not around

Everyday is bluey grey

When he's not in town

--



*Mmmm, lips of Spike.... *



--

Can I keep him in my galaxy?

Can he live within my fantasy?

--



*Lips, tongue, touching...really shouldn't have been acting like that in a cemetery; holy ground and all...well, not any more! No, Buffy that is NOT funny! Bad Buffy! Concentrate...Lecture...But, hands of Spike so much more yummier...Fingers, oh-so-naughty fingers of Spike.... *



--

I find that I can't breathe and I can't sleep

When he's not around

Everyday is bluey grey

When he's not in town

--



*Mmmm, whoa! Okay, Buff, getting all hot in a psych lecture is probably not the impression you want to give to the horny guy on the left that WON'T STOP STARING! If Spike was around the guy would be so gone...wait, not sure if that’s a good thing. Remember Spike. Evil undead, trying to kill you kinda guy...Well, not so much anymore...Now he's just a fluffy little puppy! Giggle. Ok, where have I heard that before? Never mind, you should be concentrating, Buffy! Uh oh, Wills; giving me that look...*



--

Can I keep him in my galaxy?

Can he live within my fantasy?

--



*God, that tongue.... swirling and curling and whirling and...Lotsa 'urling' words...Okay, getting all shifty-in-the-seat now! Don't care - wish he were here. Where is he again? Oh, yeah, crypt...sleeping...not in boring lecture. Stupid real world issues...*



--

I find that I can't breathe and I can't sleep

When he's not around

--



*You know, maybe I'm not all that abnormal...didn't Professor Welsh, evil woman that she was, say that everything came down to sex...or donuts.... no, wait; that was Homer Simpson. Mmmm, donuts...sex.... oooh, Spike, donuts and sex...mmmm, good combo...NO! Buffy, mind on track here! *



--

Everyday is bluey grey

When he's not in town

--



*Damn, this lecture sucks...oooh, Spike...sucking...Mmmm....maybe one more fantasy...*



--

When he's not in town...

--



The End





Coming Soon......Next Episode: Nothing Else Matters

A/N - Reviews are good for all. They only take a minute to write, they make me happy, and when I get happy - I likes to write...then when I likes to write - I write...you getting my drift?