Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my view of what happened "behind the scenes" at the end of season 7, Angel season 5, and post-Angel season 5 .

I want to dedicate this fic to my best friend Mara, for always being there for me.
Thank you girl.





“Is it really Spike?”

“But didn’t he die?”

“He doesn’t look very much alive now either.”

“What is he doing here?”

Buffy couldn’t even hear all the noise surrounding her. She heard nothing but the battle going on in her own head.

She had been stunned when she had found him. She vaguely remembered picking him up and carrying him to the yellow school bus they had arrived in. She had hold him in her arm as careful as if he was a broken bird she wanted to save. But he wasn’t a broken bird, he was a fallen angel, she knew.

Tears had streamed down her face uncontrollably, and she had let no one near him. It was her turn to look after him this time.

She had ordered Giles to drive them to the building they had rented for the weeks they were here, to wait for the apocalypse to begin. Giles had winced at the panic undertone in her voice, but did as she asked.

The ride back had been the most awful ride she had ever experienced. It seemed terribly slow, every minute lasted a minute to long and she was scared. She was so scared.

His head had been in her lap, as they had sat in the back of the bus. She had not allowed anyone to sit with them, as she felt she was the only person in the world wanting to protect him. He was still unconscious and she felt the bump on the back of his head as she stroked his hair. It had become sticky, just as the back of his t-shirt had, and she had known his body was covered in wounds she had not yet discovered.

She had whispered sweet nothings in his ear, praying he would wake up, as tears were still sliding down her face. The Potentials had been talking about him in excitement, as they were still doing now, but she had ignored them all the way home. She couldn’t concentrate on anything, but the broken bird in her arms. The fallen angel.

But now they were at home, and he was on the bed. There was a door, and walls to separate them from the crowd, but they were still bugging them with questions and comments she had never even wanted to hear.

“How long do you think he has been alive again?”

She wondered why that was.

“Is he going to die this time.”

That was it!

“That’s it! Everybody out. Go meet the others in the hospital while I will look after Spike. He might wake up if you all leave. Yes, that included you Giles, I need some time to let all this sink in and just be here for him when he awakes.”

Click.

She knew she had just shut the door in their faces, but she did not care. Her Spike, who she thought had been dead, was now not 2 feet away from her. And she had no idea how to feel. She was worried, shocked, scared, happy and confused all at once.

Sitting on the chair beside his bed, she studied his face. He hadn’t changed a bit since the day he had slipped away from her. But he looked tired, sad and the spark of life that had always surrounded him, despite his un dead existence, was no longer there.

She touched his soft hollow cheek carefully with one finger and stroked it, as if she was afraid to break him. As if she was afraid he would disappear if she would as much as blink.

“Spike, please wake up.” She whispered and her tears landed on his face as she bowed over him.

“You can’t leave me again Spike, I only just found you. Come on, you are not a quitter.”

She almost fell of her chair as she felt his hand spasm a little in hers.

“Spike, I know you can hair me. Please wake up.” She sobbed.

“You can’t leave me, I need you. I need you Spike.”

She saw movement behind his closed eyelids.

“I love you, Spike.”

“Buffy.”

He was awake.

************************************************************

Spike felt himself slipping slowly back into reality. Where was he?
It was getting annoying having to figure that out every time he woke up.

Wait, what had happened anyway? He tried to remember but nothing came back to him. There had been this huge battle….

He tried to open his eyes, but his body didn’t obey to him. He felt this annoying pain in his back and head.

He remembered the alley. It had been dark, and there had been so many bodies. Something had happened back there, but what?

Something wet touched his face, and he heard noises. There was some one here with him. He heard a female voice pleading something in his ear, and felt a soft hand holding his. Trying to squeeze the hand, and failing miserably, he felt images coming back to him.

There had been some one with him in the alley. There had seen some one right before it had all turned black again. He didn’t know why but it had made him feel truly happy for a moment.

The hand had left his, and he heard more pleadings he did not understand.

What had happened? Who had been with him in the alley?

“You can’t leave me, I need you. I need you Spike.”

Then it hit him. He knew who he had seen in the alley.

“I love you, Spike.”

“Buffy.”

His body had finally made a deal with him, so although the pain had gotten worse, his eyes were now open. And she was there, hovering over him like a golden angel. His Buffy.

“Spike, thank god you’re awake.”

She sounded terrified and happy at the same time, and tears were still falling from her eyes.

“Am I in heaven?”

“No, silly, no. You are still here. Don’t worry, it will all be ok. Are you in pain?”

“I’ll be ok, pet. What happened?”

“I am wondering the exact same thing, with you being back here. I though you were dead.” She sobbed, stroking his face with her thumb, and her hand clenched in his again .

“I am so happy Spike, you have no idea.” She cried as she embraced him carefully. “When did you come back? How did it happen?”

Spike, who was now fully by conscious, bit on his lower lip.

Oh, had he some explaining to do.




*Please review guys! I am dieing to know what you think =D*