Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my view of what happened "behind the scenes" at the end of season 7, Angel season 5, and post-Angel season 5 .
I want to dedicate this fic to my best friend Mara, for always being there for me.
Thank you girl.





“What is taking them so long? They have been in there for ages.”

Giles paced nervously across the room. ‘Redecorating, my arse.’

He knew something was going on in there, and even though he did not really want to know, it did bother him in tremendous ways that he did not know what his slayer was doing in there with that evil, bleach blond, annoying…. murderer.

He did not care how soulful he might be. He was a killer, and not nearly good enough for his strong, beautiful Buffy.

“They are probably just catching up. She must be shocked to see him again. ”Willow assured him.

She had just returned from the hospital, and felt much better after the good treatment she had received. The news that Spike had returned had come as a huge surprise, and she was actually pretty excited to see him again.

She never disliked him, and especially since he got his soul back. But she was also interested in Buffy’s reaction to him. She knew there had been more going between those two the they had let on.

After his death Buffy had been a completely different person, as she was dying to see her best friend as she used to be.

“She will be out in a moment. You’ll see.” She assured him.

“I don’t know, Willow.” He said, cleaning his classes. “I hate the idea of her being inside that room with that...Buffy!” He squeaked.

He had not been able to finish that sentence, because when he turned around, Buffy was standing in doorway.

His eyes flashed over her appearance: Her hair was messy, her cheeks were flaming red, her eyes were glowing but not as beautiful made up as they were earlier that night, and she was doing two things he had not expect or liked. 1. She was smiling, which was a thing he had not seen in a while. 2. She was holding hands….with Spike!

Buffy hadn’t even heard what Giles had been discussing with Willow, as she was on cloud nine.

“Buffy.” Willow grinned, walking to her friend. She had also noticed the difference in Buffy’s appearance, and she loved to see her like this. She was glowing.

“Willow, I am so glad you are ok.” Buffy smiled, as she pulled her arms around her friend. “You saved us once again.”

“Oh stop. You make it sound like you haven’t fought with all those demons trying to stop me during the ritual.” She winked.

After Buffy and Willow were done flattering each other, Willow turned to the man standing next to her. It felt almost unreal, seeing him again.

“Spike, I am so…..surprised to see you again. It is impossible to get rid of you, isn’t it?” She joked. And then, to his surprise, she pulled him in for a hug. “I am glad you’re back: We missed you.”

“Missed you too, red.” He mumbled. A little shocked by her reaction. He had always liked her, but it was not like they had bonded over the years or something.

“Spike. Can you please explain what you are doing here, and since when you have been back? And not unimportant: How it happened.”

Spike felt the urge to groan at hearing the voice of his least favourite person in the room. The atmosphere had changed instantly by the cold and bitter tone of his voice.

Spike knew he was doomed to explaining his story over and over, and having to deal with their disproval again and again.

“Well Rupert…” He started, dropping Buffy’s hand and taking a step forward. But she interrupted him.

“I will explain everything to you later Giles, don’t worry. I don’t think Spike is up for explaining to whole situation again, am I right?”

He could have swept her off her feet and kisses her senseless right there and then. She had no idea how much it relived him to not have to tell this to someone he did not particularly liked. It was painful enough not to share it with a man who would rather see him dead.

He also noticed she had grabbed his hand again, obviously not caring about the looks they were getting.

“It is so wonderful to see you two, and all happy like this.” Willow continued like nothing had happened. Like Giles was not throwing them disapproving looks, obviously shocked by their affection towards each other.

“Where are all the others?” Spike asked, knowing all the potentials were also in the building.

“In the living room, downstairs. I’ll take you there, they are dying to see you, I’m sure.” Willow said cheerfully, grabbing his free hand and pulling him with her to the staircase.

She had never been this forward with him, and she didn’t know why she was now. But she knew his place in Buffy’s life had drastically changed from now on. She just felt it. And therefore, he was her friend too.

Ready to go downstairs, they suddenly heard Giles cleaning his throat.

“Buffy, can I talk to you for a minute.”

She signed, knowing that this was coming. Spike looked at her with concern. Silently asking her if he should stay.

“I’ll be right down.” She said, assuring him with a smile.

After they had left, she turned around, feeling slightly irritated by the man she considered her father. If he though he had the right to tell her what to do, he had another thing coming.

“Giles, listen.” She said, before he could even clean his glasses, and continue his preach.

“I love you, I really do. But I am 23 years old now. I make my own decisions, and I don’t need you to tell me how to live my life. I know that you don’t approve, but…. when Spike was gone, I missed him more then I could tell you. It was consuming me. I never felt so disconnected, and you know that. You have seen me. And now he is back, and I won’t let him walk out my door again. I want to be with him, and I am going to be with him. No matter what you say or do. So save your breath.”

Giles stood there, stunned. He could not believe she had just said that, leaving him powerless to the situation.

She kissed him on the cheek, not wanting to hurt him. But then she turned around, preparing to leave the room.

He should have known that she would react like this. The way she had slammed the door in his face after he had tried to kill Spike, for her own safety, had made him realize how much she cared about him, and it had changed their relationship irreparably. He needed to know one thing.

“Buffy.” He called. And she turned around to face him.

“Does he make you happy?”

A little smile appeared on her face.

“He does.”

“Do you love him?”

“Yes, Giles. I love him.”

And then, the same question Spike had once asked her:

“Do you trust him?”

It pained her to think back at that wonderful moment they had once shared beneath the rugs of his crypt, and which she had spoiled by giving him the most horrible answer. ‘Never’

“With my life.”

She gave him one last assuring smile, before walking down the staircase.

************************************************************

Spike felt uncomfortably exposed when he walked into the huge living room filled with familiar faces. Potentials squealed, Faith batted her lashed at him, Andrew jumped up, hugging him, telling his he was like Vegita, Xander made a sarcastic comment about him being like weed, and Willow hold them off like a bodyguard.

He ignored all the questions coming his way, and sat back on a huge sofa, as Willow did a healing spell on his wounds.

He felt tired, and as his body was getting whole again, his eyes closed. The people around him were still talking, but he was so tired, he could not hear what they said anymore.

The moment his eyes closed, images from the previous night came back to him. Screaming people, dying in front of him. Familiar faces, fighting awful, huge demons while their slime splattered on the sidewalk. A big flying dragon swinging his claw to hit….Angel.

He abruptely opened in his eyes at that though. Were was Angel?
Not that he care that much about his grandsire, but he did want to know if he was still alive.

“Willow, are there any other survivors?”


*I think my story is going to be longer then I said it would. There is just so much to write =P And thinks will get very fluffy soon. Count on another 3/4/5 chapters. Hope you guys are still liking it!! Another chapter will be up soon. Much love, Karin*