Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my view of what happened "behind the scenes" at the end of season 7, Angel season 5, and post-Angel season 5 .
I want to dedicate this fic to my best friend Mara, for always being there for me.
Thank you girl.





“Are you sure you are not coming with us Dawnie?” Buffy asked, letting tears fall from her eyes and pulling her sister into a tight embrace.

She was having a hard time leaving Dawn, but she couldn’t force her to leave the life she had created here behind. In contrary to Buffy, Dawn had not dwelled on the past, and moved on the moment they had arrived here. Making new friends, going to a new school where she was a good student, and finding a nice part-time job as a waitress.

For some reason, Dawn felt more at home in Italy then expected. And therefore she had chosen not to join Spike and Buffy to their new home in London. She was staying with her best friend and the parents, until she was old enough to get her own place.

Buffy had agreed, even though she did not want to leave her little sister behind. She was not going to stand in her way, and as long as Dawn was happy, so was she. But that did not mean she wasn’t having a hard time right now.

“Don’t worry Buffy; I can take good care of myself. You and mum though me that. I will be all right.” Dawn smiled, trying not to cry, but failed when she saw her sister’s waterworks.

“I’ll miss you so much. You need to promise me you will call me at least once a week.”

“I promise. I’ll miss you too.”

Spike found the scene in front of him very endearing, but a glance at the clock told him it was time to break it up.

“Buffy, love, if we don’t go now we will miss our plane.”

Buffy looked at Spike with her still teary-eyes, and then back at her sister.

“It’s ok Buffy, you need to go. Go.” Dawn said with a grin, pushing her sister in the direction of the door.

“Ok, ok.” Buffy laughed. “I love you Dawn. I will call you as soon as we get there.”

“Love you too Buffy. Have a nice flight.”

“Goodbye Niblet, take good care of yourself, ok?
Or I will be back.” Spike grinned, pulling Dawn into a tight embrace.”

“You too Spike, Thank you for…everything.” Spike did not know what that was exactly, but she looked so sincere, he knew she mend it.

And with that, they finally left. Driving Spike’s new, legal car to the airport, and taking their flight to Great Brittan. Starting their new life together.

************************************************************

“Oh Spike, It’s perfect.” Buffy gasped, when they drove up the driveway of the mansion they could now call home.

When they had first discussed the move to another country thing, Spike had not mentioned the fact that he owned a nice mansion with a big garden just outside of London. He hadn’t done in on purpose, he had just simply forgotten. And that wasn’t that strange since he had not set foot in it for over 25 years.

He had paid the son of the previous owner for keeping it clean and descent. And then he had paid the son of the son of the owner. It had been such amount of money he was probably still keeping it clean. But other then that he hadn’t told anyone about this house.

He had bought it 75 years ago, when he needed a place for his own where he could crash without being disturbed. He hadn’t told Angel, he hadn’t told Dru, he hadn’t told anybody. And now it was going to be their home. It was perfect.

Perfect because the house was clean of memories. No murder or meaningless sex had accrued here. It was ready for a fresh start.

Buffy had just got of the phone with Giles, telling him they were moving. She was surprised he was so enthusiastic about her moving to the U.K., but she was touched to hear he liked her living closer to him. Andrew had been beside himself, of course. He had went on and on about fate bringing them together, because after the battle, Andrew had moved in with Giles again.

“Oh Spike, we will be able to spend so much time together as friends again. We can play all these cool games and watch movies. It will be so much fun.” His voice had sounded over the hands free phone. And Buffy had tried not to burst out in laughter while Spike was making a face.

“I had forgotten how nice it was.”, he said, while parking the car and glancing at his house.

“You mean, how nice it is, sweetheart.” Buffy said, as her mouth fell open. Up-close it was even more impressive.

The house was very traditional and was probably build when he was born. It was huge and classic, and the huge garden was the icing on the cake. It was surrounded by rosebushes, big, old trees, and loads of wild flowers. It was like a dream too Buffy.

The inside was just as impressive, as red velvet chairs, big dark wooden chests and classic big stairs welcomed her as she walked in.

“Oh my god, this is amazing Spike.” She gasped. Spike was very pleased to see her happy. He had been afraid she would find it too old-fashioned instead of classic, as he saw it.

That night, they dined in the garden, as it was a very nice location for a romantic dinner. They had spent the whole day checking out the house, and bringing in their stuff.

The house had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a library, a huge living room with fireplace, a kitchen and an entrance. There was also an old attic, a balcony and a wine basement. It was so nice, Buffy had been dancing trough all the rooms, feeling like a princess.

Now Spike had cooked for them, and she was enjoying the lovely meal under the moonlight.

“Isn’t this scene a little tacky?” Spike asked, while taking a bite of his food. Even though he usually skipped real meals, it now seemed right to join her.

“Very tacky, but I love it anyway.” Buffy grinned, while chewing on her meat, and spraying little pieces of stake over him as she did.

“Aaw, thank you honey, you just made it a lot less tacky.” Spike laughed, whipping the meat of his face.

She chuckled while staring at him, under the starlight. “I never want to leave this place. I will never found a more perfect house in a more perfect place. And most important, with a more perfect person.”

Spike signed as he enlaced their fingers and looked at her. “So we won’t.” He stated with a smirk. But then he brought her hand up to his moth and kissed is softly. She couldn’t help but giggle, as he tickled her hand with his tongue.

“So pet, are you ready for dessert?” He asked innocent while standing up from his seat.

“Yes, very. What is it?”

And without a warning, he scooped her up in his arms, while she let out a surprised yelp.

“It’s upstairs pet. Wanne check it out?” He laughed, carrying her inside, and taking her upstairs.

They were finally alone, in their very own house. And because there was no one they could disturb with noises, Spike was more than curious to find out how hard he could make her scream his name.

“Oh god, SPIKE.”

(Check out this little poem Buffy(wait no.. It was me =P) wrote for Spike after chapter 7 – Death meets love of this fic. She misses him and writes a poem ->
http://www.spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=15995)

*Last chapter coming up! This one will also contain spoilers of the beginning of the sequel, that I will be writing after taking a little break from this fic. I hope you liked this one. I did not wanted to make a huge deal about the house, but be more focussed and their relationship, which will make a nice turn soon *wink* Thank you for reading this, please review!! Much love, Karin*