Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my view of what happened "behind the scenes" at the end of season 7, Angel season 5, and post-Angel season 5 .

I want to dedicate this fic to my best friend Mara, for always being there for me.
Thank you girl.





Something had changed. The sounds of screams and fighting had died away. The blood was no longer flowing. The air was no longer thick with smoke caused by the fire.
There was nothing but silence.

Spike opened his eyes, and tried to make out where he was. The ground underneath him felt cold, hard, and sticky. He realized it was blood, and not just his blood. Next to him lay a man with no head and his lower body was trapped underneath an older woman: Clearly dead. Pushing her off of him, he tried to get of the ground.

His legs were still there, he noticed. Good so far. His arms were also intact, his head was where it was suppose to be and his manhood was still in place: Thank God. His head did contain a huge lump, and he was still feeling a little dizzy, and quite nauseous.

He stumbled trough the battlefield. Tripping over lifeless bodies of humans and demons. There was so much blood; the scent made him feel a little high. The splitting headache he was coping with was not really helping him stay in on his feet. Not able to see well, he hit a huge, scaly object: It was the dragon Angel had fought with, and it now lay lifeless on the ground.

Speaking of Angel, where was he anyway? Did he survive, or was his grandsire finally defeated?

Gunn was dead: He had seen him die not 10 minutes after the battle had begun.
He didn’t know what happened to Illyria, but he figured she must be somewhere around here as well. Most of all he was surprised he had made it, if this wasn’t hell, by any chance. Why had he survived this? What had happened while he had been unconscious?

He thought he heard voices, but they came from very far away. It sounded like a lot of people were heading his way, and for the first time in his entire existence he felt like hiding. He was in no state to fight, and he was struggling to stay on his feet. It sounded like the people were getting closer, and he was just standing there, surrounded by blood and bodies.

He almost tripped over a pile of bones. He could not tell if it were bones of humans or demons, but they rattled loudly as they shattered on the cold street.

He heard a woman’s voice shouting something, and then a man who jelled back some sort of warning. Footsteps were now coming closer to the corner that separated the ally he was standing in with the street. They were coming, and listening to the footsteps he realized there were many.

His super vampire sentences were somehow not working as good anymore: He couldn’t even make out if they were human yet, but he was still not moving. He was waiting for them. Waiting for was going to happen.

************************************************************

“You did it Will, wake up. It’s all over.”

Buffy was standing over her redheaded friend, who was now on the floor, feeling a bit nauseous.

“What happened Buffy, did it work?”

“Don’t get up Will, you need to rest.”

“Buffy, did it work? Did I send the demons back to their dimension?”

“Yes Willow, it worked. You saved the day once again.”

That was all Willow heard before passing out.

“Bring her to the hospital, she is exhausted.”

Buffy felt a jolt of relieve going trough her body. Her friends were safe, Willow was going to be fine, and the apocalypse was over. They did it.

“Buffy, we need to see what the damage is. There must be some survivors on the battlefield.”

She felt Giles laying a hand on her shoulder.

They had all came together when they had heard of the rising apocalypse in the city of Angels. Willow had flown over from Brazil with Kennedy, Giles and the potentials had came over from the U.K and even Xander had showed up from Africa after an unbelievable long flight.

Buffy had came with Andrew, who had begged her if he could come along. After all he considered the Wolfram and Heart staff as his close friends, and he felt it was his duty to check on them. Dawn was still in Italy, even though she had wanted to come along. Buffy refused to risk her sister for something like this, and she was old enough to stay home alone.

Willow had prepared a spell after they found out that all kinds of demons had escaped from this huge portal between the dimensions. After hours and hours of hard work and fights between the slayers and the demons, Willow had finally succeeded in sending them back to their home, and it had been all over.

“You’re right; we should go and check out the damage. Call the potentials and Andrew. We are going in a group. The rest and Kennedy should go with Willow to the hospital. We’ll meet them there.”

She knew Giles was feeling like her spokesperson right know, but she was tired of dealing with the entire group. No matter how helpful they could be, she didn’t really care for the potentials. (Who were not really potentials anymore) She was tired of giving instructions, so she left that part for Giles.

“Let’s go People.”

As they walked trough the silent streets a feeling of despair overwhelmed her as she saw the body’s of all the people she could not have saved. She knew she had done all she could, but still….it felt like it hadn’t been enough.

“Do you think Spike and Angel are still alive?”

“I hope…What?”

What did Andrew just say?!

“What did you just say?”

“I mean Angel; do you think Angel is still alive?”
She heard panic in his voice.

“Andrew, why did you say Spike?”

Why had he said that? She was already struggling, now the whole team was here without him. It hurt so much to hear Andrew mention his name as if he was still here.

She was distracted when a loud rattling noise sounded trough the streets. Someone or something was still intact, it seemed.
She turned around to face the group.

“I am going to check it out. You guys stay here.” She shouted, but she knew that wouldn’t work. It never worked.

“There is no way you are going out there on your own, Buffy. We are coming with you, end of discussion” Giles shouted back.

She signed. “Fine, whatever.” She was tired of fighting him.

They slowly approached the alley the sound had been coming from. Buffy felt herself getting a little nervous, which was nothing like her. She had an odd feeling about all this. What was it that had caused that sound?

Stopping on the side of the entrance, she leaned foreword to take a peek around the corner.

“Silence everyone. I’ll go first.” She whispered

It was too dark in the alley. She couldn’t see much, expect for the huge amount of body’s and blood. And there was also some kind of huge reptile. She sure hoped that thing had not caused the sound, because she did not want to face this giant dragon thingy.

She heard a little moan coming from the back of the alley, and walked in the sounds direction.

“Who is there?” She said, feeling a bit shaky.

White blond hair loomed up in the darkness. Someone was stumbling her way.

“Buffy?”

“Spike?”

A shock of realization went trough her as she saw his eyes rolling away, and his body crashing into the ground. He had fainted. He was hurt.

A scream of desperation escaped her.

“SPIKE!”