Author's Chapter Notes:
because of the word limits and such, I had to put these two chapters together. I hope you enjoy. Let me know. Please. Love the reviews i've been getting so far.
SMALL CONFESSIONS

*Why couldn’t I have been an only child,* thought Buffy. Dawn had dropped that little bomb of Buffy thinking Spike was hot and then went up to her room to do homework before the party. Buffy had stared opened mouthed after her, until she heard a chuckle next to her. She turned to see Spike with an amused look on his face. *Oh yeah, I’m so gonna kill her and bury her body in the backyard.*

“So, not only did you tell little sis about me, but also that you think I’m hot? I’m flattered Summers.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and tried not to blush any more than she already was. She crossed her arms and glared at Spike.

“It so wasn’t like that. Besides, I was talking about when I first saw you. I didn’t think anything of you after you started talking.”

Spike clutched at his heart in mock exasperation. “That hurts pet. And to think, I thought you were hot before and after the whole physical injury incident.”

Buffy stared at Spike in disbelief. She shook her head, and then cocked it to one side, studying his face.

“Are you serious? Wait, what am I saying. You can’t be serious,” she mumbled to herself, shaking her head.

Spike decided to leave the situation alone for the time being. He looked at the clock on the wall and noticed it was close to four. He did want to be around her, but felt that considering what was just said, that they needed some time apart. He would still see her at the party later that night.

“Well pet, as much fun as this has been,” he said, breaking into her train of thought, “I’d better get going.” He walked to the front door.

“But you’re still coming tonight right? I mean,” Buffy added at the look on Spike’s face, “if you still want to of course.” She had followed him to the front door and was holding it open for him.

“Yeah, I still want to. What time should I be here?”

“Seven.”

Spike nodded and walked outside. “See you tonight then, Buffy Summers.”

Buffy watched him walk outside and get into a black car. She stood there watching until he drove away. Taking a deep breath, she closed the door, leaning against it.

*Spike thinks I’m hot,* she thought. *No he doesn’t,* the voice in her head that sounded suspiciously like Parker told her. *He was just playing around. How can anyone think you’re hot?* Buffy frowned at this voice. *He must think it if he’s willing to be here tonight and was here today even after what I did to him when we met,* she argued back. *He just wants one thing. And being the person you are, you’ll give it to him.* She shook her head, as an answer to the voice and to clear her mind.

Standing up straight, she went to the base of the stairs and called up to the second floor, “Dawn, can you get down here so I can yell at you now?”

_________________________________________

PARTY TIME

It was seven forty-five and Spike still wasn’t there. Buffy went back and forth between her friends in the living room and the food in the dining room. She knew she had to keep busy or she would start to over analyze why he wasn’t there. She was sitting at the dining room table, just staring off into space, when her friend Willow came up to her.

“Hey Buffy. You okay? Why are you sitting alone in here when the party’s out there,” Willow asked, pointing to the living room.

“Hey Will. Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired I guess.” Willow nodded her head.

“Yeah, I saw what you did to the place. Nice. Who knew you’re festive?” Buffy blushed.

“Oh, yeah. Nice huh? Honestly though, I didn’t do it all by myself. A friend helped me out.” Willow looked at Buffy and noticed her flushed appearance.

“A friend? Anyone I know?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, just someone I met recently.” Willow was about to say something when Buffy stood up. “I’m gonna go out back and get some air. It’s kinda stuffy in here. Mind watching things?” Willow nodded and Buffy headed out the back door.
She was sitting on the steps when she heard the doorbell ring inside. Knowing someone else would answer it; she didn’t bother to get up. She was looking up at the stars and barely noticed when someone sat down beside her.

“Hey pet, what are you doing out here?”

“You’re late,” Buffy told him.

Spike just smiled and shrugged. “Sorry. I had to get a new outfit for this little shindig you know? Wanted to look my best.”

Buffy chuckled. “Right. Like it’s so hard for you to look good. Oh my God. I can’t believe I just said that!” Buffy buried her face in her hands.

“Thanks for the compliment. You don’t look so bad yourself,” Spike said, appraising her tight jeans and green vest.

“Don’t.”

“Don’t what?”

“Don’t say stuff like that to me.”

Spike looked at her confused. “Why not? Can’t I compliment you?”

Buffy shook her head and stood up. “Let’s go inside and make the introductions shall we?”

Spike studied her face in the moonlight and stood up. “Let’s then. Lead the way,” he followed Buffy inside and smiled as she introduced him to her friends.

“Spike,” she said motioned towards a tall, dark haired man, “this is Xander and this,” her attention shifted to the petite blonde next to the young man, “is his girlfriend Anya.”

“So, are you Buffy’s new orgasm buddy?” Anya asked Spike as he shook Xander’s hand and then hers.

“Ahn, remember that conversation we had, about what not to say in front of people?” Xander asked Anya when he noticed the amused look on Spike’s face and embarrassed look on Buffy’s face. Buffy turned to Spike with a slightly uncomfortable look on her face.

“You have to forgive Anya, I think she was absent the day they taught us about tact in school.”

“No worries, luv, I fancy a bird that speaks her mind. Cuts through all the crap of the world.”

“See, he doesn’t mind what I say,” Anya looked at Xander. “I don’t know why it’s such a big deal. Tact is just everyone’s way of not saying what needs to be said.”

Xander and Buffy just rolled their eyes. Buffy continued with the introductions, pointing next to a shy looking red head. “That’s Willow and that’s her boyfriend Oz,” Buffy said pointing to the short man with orange hair next to Willow.

“Hey Red. Nice to meet you,” Spike shook Willow’s hand then turned to Oz. “Hey mate. Don’t I know you?”

Oz looked at him and shrugged, a look of nonchalance on his face. Willow spoke up.

“He’s in a band. They play at The Bronze sometimes,” she said with an obvious look of satisfaction. Spike smiled at her, which caused her to blush almost as red as her hair.

“Is that right? Maybe that’s where I’ve seen you. What’s the band called?”

Oz spoke up, attempting to keep Willow from turning any redder. “Dingoes Ate My Baby.”

Spike snapped his fingers. “That’s right. Okay. Yeah, I’ve seen you guys play; you’re pretty good.”

Oz just shrugged his shoulders.

Spikes eyes were drawn to a tall, broody looking fellow with a large forehead that was standing next to Buffy. She had turned to talk to him while Oz and Spike had been talking. The first thought that Spike had was *poofter*. There was something about the way Buffy and this guy were around each other that didn’t sit well with him. *Maybe that’s her boyfriend, * Spike thought as he saw the man lean down and whisper something in Buffy’s ear bringing a slight blush to her face. Spike cleared his throat, getting Buffy’s attention.

“Hey pet, who’s this?”

“Oh Spike. This is my friend Angel. Angel, this is Spike. He’s the one that returned my license and helped me decorate.”

Angel looked Spike over and noticed the way he was staring at him with narrowed eyes. He stuck out his hand in an offered shake and suppressed a chuckle when Spike shook it, giving it an extra tight squeeze. Angel cocked an eyebrow at this, realizing that this Spike character was jealous of him. *Why not play around with him, * Angel thought as he put his arm around Buffy’s shoulders.

“Hey man, nice to meet you. Thanks for taking care of my girl here. And for helping her out with Dawn’s party.”

“No worries mate. I see a pretty lady in trouble and I try to help. I’m sure you know how it is.”

“Yeah, I know how it is.” Angel saw Cordelia coming towards them from the other side of the room, giving him a knowing smile.

“Hey Buffy. Angel. Who’s this?”

Buffy noticed the way Cordelia was looking at Spike and it unnerved her for some reason. She stopped in front of Spike, giving him the once over.

“Oh, um, Cordelia, this is Spike. Spike, this is Angel’s sister Cordelia.”

Spike saw the way Cordelia was looking at him and felt suddenly uncomfortable, though he didn’t show it. He offered her his hand. “Hey. Nice to meet you.”

Cordelia shook his hand, not letting it go right away. Spike tried to pull his hand away from her. She really made him uncomfortable.

Buffy was about to say something when the doorbell rang. She excused herself and went to answer the door. She glanced back at Spike and Cordelia and noticed that she had her hand on his arm and he was smiling at something that had been said. Buffy rolled her eyes as she opened the door. Standing there, with a present in his hands, was Riley.

“Hey Riley. You made it,” Buffy said with a smile. “I didn’t think you’d show up.”

“Hey Buffy,” Riley said, returning her smile. “Yeah, of course I did. I told you I would.”

Riley followed Buffy into the house, taking off his coat and hanging it on the rack by the door. He smiled at the group of people in the living room as he glanced at them. He leaned in to kiss Buffy on the cheek and she was so dazed by it, she didn’t stop him. She looked up at him and then shot a quick peek around to see where Spike was. She was surprised to see an angry look cross his face, but it was there and gone so quickly that she wasn’t sure she had seen it at all. Buffy lead Riley over to where Spike, Cordelia and Angel were standing around talking.

“Angel, Cordelia, you remember Riley,” the two people Buffy addressed looked at Riley with ill hidden contempt, both knowing how he had left Buffy for no reason.

Riley took in the scornful looks, but chose to ignore them. He offered a smile to the trio along with his hand to the two men of the group.
“Hey Angel. Long time no see.”

Angel shook his hand, not bothering to return the smile. “Yeah, that tends to happen when you just take off and not leave a forwarding address.”

Buffy gasped and shot Angel a hateful glare. “Angel. Stop it.” Buffy hissed and then turned to Spike. “Anyway, Riley, this is Spike. Spike, this is my friend Riley.”

Spike looked the other man up and down before settling on his face. Smiling, he pulled back and hit Riley square in the jaw, causing him to crumble to the floor like a sack of potatoes.

“Spike!”