Part Seven





~~~ Day Thirty – Still At The Party… ~~~







"How is it that you have the correct co-ordination to dust demons from twenty metres but you can't knock that big white ball into that big red ball and make it land in the pocket? I've seen Krevlock demon's with more skill than you."



"Hey!" Buffy glared at him. "Now I don't know what those Jock demons have to do with anything..." Spike rolled his eyes. "...But excuse me Mr. Old-as-dirt I haven't been playing this game for like a billion years."



"Okay, pet." Spike took in a deep, calming but unneeded breath and removed his dinner jacket, draping it across the back of one of the numerous chairs that lined the four walls of the burgundy room.



"Here's what we'll do...” Spike took a quick glance at the table. "Right, you see that red ball near the top right pocket?"



"Umm...” Buffy looked in the direction he pointed. "...Yep. One red ball check."



Spike rolled his eyes but continued without comment, "Good. Now look at the white ball. See how it's aligned with the red one."



"Yeah.... oooh! And..."



"What?" Spike asked, genuinely interested.



"AND it’s all shiny! See, the light reflects off it!"



"Very funny, pet." Spike scowled.



"I thought so." Buffy smirked at him.



He flipped her off and drawled, "Lets see if you can hit the red ball then."



"Okay.... I can hit a heart and a heart is surrounding by that...cagey thing, it's like a heart just more...round." Buffy finished lamely.



Spike watched amused then ridiculously aroused as the Slayer half leant over the table as she tried to look down the line of what had to be the most simple shot of all time. His eyes strayed down her body, his mouth going dry as he regarded the way her dress clung to all her curves, from the jut of her hips to the curve of her breast.



Buffy squinted down the propagation line, she could do this, she was the Slayer; she could hit a fly with a pin and..."Ugh!"



Spike nearly groaned out loud at her vocalisation. God, she was killing him.



"Darn it!"



Spike's eyes unglazed as he tried to concentrate on a now scowling Buffy. "What's tha'?"



"Damn it, Spike, why can't I do it?" Buffy whined, her eyes tearing over in frustration…they had been doing this for hours!



Spike sighed, trying to think of something to say that didn’t involve his cock.



"Teach me properly?" She pouted up at him.



"What?" His over-addled sex-driven brain tried to work out the non-sexual slant on her whimpered words.



"Teach me." She repeated, looking pleadingly into his eyes. As she continued to speak she matched her words with solid steps towards him. "Please, Spike, you said you would and I've been trying for like three hours now..." She was right in front of him when she finished.



Finally noticing the glazed over sex-look in his eyes, she realised the alternative way her words could be taken. And what had almost happened the last time she'd spoken them. She sooo wasn't gonna go there! *Remember Buff? You plus Vampire equals everyone you love ending in horrible pain!*



But for the love of chocolate she couldn't stop her last sentence escaping her lips, nor the provocative way it came out. "....I know you can teach me how to do it right." She completed, staring hotly into his eyes.



"Ughh..." Spike groaned, reaching for her. That was just too much, his hands grasped her upper arms and he drew her body into his, connecting their lower halves with a moan.



"I say old chap, are you going to keep her to yourself all evening?"



Buffy and Spike pulled away at the sudden intrusion, both adopting a slightly fighting-like pose automatically.



"Jack." Spike said flatly, attempting not to vamp out at the guy.



"Uh, Hi." Buffy coughed.



"Oh, pet this is Mr. Bradshaw. Our nearest neighbour on the other side."



"Call me Jack."



"Um..." Buffy blushed as he took her hand, pressing a kiss to it. This was not how things worked in Y2K Sunnydale.



"Hey now, mate." It was instinct that had Spike drawing the Slayer back to his chest.



"Don't worry, William, I'm not trying to steal your wife!" Jack laughed so good-naturedly that any animosity Spike felt towards him quickly dissipated.



"Better not be, old man. How’s the party faring?" Spike queried, his voice immediately more upper class.



"Pretty well, starting to wind down. Nicolas had me looking for you. Worried you'd gotten lost."



"Just teaching Elizabeth a bit of pool."



"And is he a good teacher, Elizabeth?" Jack asked Buffy, smiling at her.



"I think he'll probably improve with age." Jack laughed and Spike fake-scowled at her.



"Watch it love, my egos' sensitive!"





---



Back in Sunnydale…







"Watch out!" Spike ducked as he heard Buffy scream, narrowly escaping a spray of fire.



"Bloody hell!" He growled, standing next to Buffy, the two of them about forty feet away.



Buffy watched as the creature roared, rising to its full height of seven and a half foot. Fire spurted from its nostrils and it started to charge them. "Fuck this."



"Language, love." Spike chastised with a grin.



"Shut up, Spike! You go to the right, I go to the left. On three...." Buffy watched as it gained on them, "One....Two..."



As one the two of them rushed it, Buffy flying to the right as Spike dove for the left. As one they tore the two horns from the side of its head. They landed in a heap behind it, watching as the creature roared in pain, grabbing its head.



With a 'zipping' sound the creature appeared to fold in on itself and disappeared with a small puff of smoke.



"Wanna go tell your Watcher?" Spike asked.



Buffy blew a strand of hair from her face and looked over at her husband. He was lying down, his body propped up on his elbows. There was a smudge of soot on his left cheek and his hair was slightly disarrayed.



"I think I finally get what Faith meant." Buffy murmured.



"Huh?" Was all Spike got out before Buffy dove on him, making him topple to the ground with the force of her kiss.



*Slayin' does make me horny!*





---





"Hi guys." A very dishevelled looking Buffy and Spike entered the library about an hour and a half after they'd left.



"Don't wanna know..." Xander muttered to no one in particular, earning a kick in his shins for his trouble.



"I trust the demon is...uh, dead?" Giles enquired, leaving his office for the first time since the blonde pair had left.



"Yep...went poof and everything." Buffy answered, allowing Spike to lead her to their still-empty chair. She dropped the bag she'd been carrying under the table and plonked herself down on his lap.



"Good good..." With that Giles retreated back into his office, his noise back in the book he'd been reading.



"Ooookay, what’s up with Giles?" Buffy asked Willow.



"He's been like that since you left. I think he's looking for that Watcher..."



"Ackerton, Red." Spike supplied, wrapping his arms around his wife's waist.



"Yeah, him." Willow shrugged helplessly.



"Any news on the research front?" Buffy asked.



"Nope...oooh! You bring donuts?" Willow asked excitedly.



"Of course...." Buffy reached under the table to retrieve her bag. She placed the large box on the table, watching as the witch bounced in her seat before reaching over for one.



"Sugar fix!" She squeaked excitedly.



Oz smiled lovingly at her reaction, reaching over to ruffle her hair. She sat back and smiled back at him softly with shy, loving eyes.



Cordy rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, gagging as he shoved the sticky mush down his throat. Swatting his hands out of the way she daintily reached for a jelly filled donut.



From across the table, Buffy sat, safe within the circle of her husband’s arms and watched her friends laugh and tease each other with all and any animosity forgotten.



"Glad to be home, pet?" Spike whispered into her ear.



"Yeah...I think I am." Buffy smiled and pressed a kiss to his still blacked cheek. Her tongue darted out and gave it a little lick. She giggled as he growled softly at her, then snuggled down in his embrace, waiting for her Watcher to come out from hibernation and tell how she needed to save the world this time.





TBC