Author's Chapter Notes:
My bad! Maybe I shouldn't have left it there, huh? I know, I know get the updates comin'! Keep those reviews coming and I will get the updates as soon as I can! Thanks guys!
Chapter 12 Part 2

The light the candles provided were enough for the two of them, huddled deep in their cellar; their new prison. Neither of them spoke—they were too worried about what was going to happen. Everything was wonky, no one the same. If someone made the wrong move now, someone would die, she was sure of it. Not one person could save any of them now. All they could do was wait.

They had found a spell to see what they could do to help in the fight, and were currently gathering everything they needed. It was simple; only needing a few words said, but the kicker was, that they would be put on another plane for some time, or until they could find their way back. And that wouldn’t take too long if they researched before the spell.

Empty pizza boxes lay on a makeshift table and the bed was littered with just as empty wrappers and cans. Books were everywhere; tables, chairs, floor. The only empty places where one could sit was where they were at that precise moment. They had already gone through many of the volumes, to no avail. Currently, they were at a halfway point, the next step being invoking a goddess or two for help, and they didn’t want to do that right yet. There had to be something.

Suddenly, she spoke, “O-o-ooohhh! Xander! I think I found it!”

He leaned over her shoulder to look at the text. “Where?”

She looked up smiling. “I think it’s just a matter of guiding the law of physics magically to assume that when we cross into the new realm, that we don’t belong there and it needs to send us back to where we came from. It should be relatively easy—the only thing I’m seeing as a problem is that we don’t have any crystals to focus the energy back into when we want to come back.” She frowned. “I guess that’s the important part. Blegh!”

Xander leaned down and shoved the books to the side to make a place next to her. “I think you’ll see that maybe we already have one, if this’ll work.” Out of his pocket came his car keys, on which had a lilac colored quartz, swinging to and fro.

She leaned over and hugged him. “I think that will work just fine! Okay, here’s what I need you to do. Where’s the sand?”

He leaned all the way over the hide-a-bed and grabbed it out of the sack on the floor. “Present and accounted for.”

“Okay, let’s get all that stuff off the floor there, and then lay the sand in a oval around where you and me are gonna sit. Did we get the extra candles, ‘cause I’m gonna need them to focus on when we start.”

He shrugged and got up, walking over to the bag he had just gotten the sand from. “Yeah, I think we got ‘em. Are you talking about these?” He grabbed a handful at her nod, and set them on the bed with the sand.

They then took a couple of minutes to clean up his apartment, for the room they’d need, and shoved the bed back in the couch.

Xander clapped his hands together and rubbed them quickly. “What do you need me to do now?”

Willow pointed straight ahead of herself. “Sit here and clear your mind. I think once we get all this a-goin’ you can help keep me grounded, and I may need it, cause this is a doozy! Do you understand the spell?”

He grinned cheesily. “You bet. I sit here and you get a chanting with the Latin. Whoom, bam, boom! We’re all about finding out what’s causing all this craziness with Buffy!”

“Yep, providing I don’t blow us up.” She smiled.

“You never mentioned that part.”

“I know, I just wanted to throw that in for dramatic effect.”

He let out a breath, “Okay.” He sat down facing her, and crossed his legs. Closing his eyes, he went about clearing his mind like Willow told him to.

She began to speak when all the candles were lit. “Isis, mother of the Gods, wife of Osiris; I call on thee. She who gave birth to the world, the bringer of magic, I offer to you the knowledge of the world (she put a small atlas in a bowl), the blood of the mother (some blood of a sow), and a crystal from deep within the Earth (Xander’s keychain). Let us see that which cannot; let us hear what we know is there; let us know what we need to. In your name, Isis, I beg this be done.”

She repeated this a few times, and the air around them dropped a few degrees in the process. Xander looked around, watching.

Suddenly, Willow’s head shot open and repeated a Latin phrase over and over, eyes looking heavenward. He scooted back an inch or so. She opened her mouth to talk and beetles came out, armies of them, and started scurrying all over their bodies. Xander sat as still as he could, cold sweat was now pouring down his skin in little streams.

Willow started to scream, “Take the ka, from which all life comes. Take us to the other world so we may see. Take our hearts, I say this, so mote it be!”

The world went dark around them.


Buffy curled in the blankets, doing the whole fake snore thing, silently wishing he had a sink instead of just that leak. Damn highlighters! She heard him coming into the room, his feet padding on the cold stone floor. He paused for a moment at her side of the bed to blow out some candles. She heard him walk to the other side and blow those out too.

Lifting the covers, he slid into bed next to her, keeping to his side. They lay there together without moving for what seemed like an eternity. All of the sudden the bed started to move softly, rhythmically. She bit her bottom lip and squeezed her eyes shut. Her hands, she automatically clasped together, and started praying for it to be something other than what her mind was wondering to.

The covers were thrown back from his side of the bed and the movement got a little rougher. She could feel his arms moving behind her and she decided to shift, so that he would think she was waking and he would stop. Hell of a plan.

So, she moved a little and turned to lay more on her side and a little closer to the edge.

He froze.

She relaxed and started to drift off. The bed started to move slowly again. She shifted again.

He sighed, and then froze once more.

She started to snore once more, and hoped he would knock it the hell off so she could sleep, whatever he was doing. Deep down though, she wished the lights were on so she could see.

The mattress moved as he got out of bed and lit a cigarette. She stopped breathing, as she lost her bearings on where he was altogether.

“Like the ride, pet?” He whispered huskily in her ear. He was standing, no leaning down right in front of her, which meant that…. Oh hell no. She stayed still.

“Do you know what it was that I was doing over there?” He paused, knowing full well she couldn’t or wouldn’t answer him.

“I was thinking about you. See I have this feeling that you’re feeling the same things I’m feeling, and I for one, have decided not to ignore them any longer.” He giggled maniacally. “I want you, you want me. I know. I can smell it, hear it, almost taste it, you want it so damn bad, and I plan on doing something about it real soon.”

She felt him move away and go back to get into bed behind her. He leaned over and pulled her little form closer to his. When she was snuggly square up against him, he leaned into her ear once more and gave it a little lick with his tongue. “I think you know what I’m saying, don’t you Buffy?”

She shuddered. He pushed into her back with his groin, increasing the pressure slightly.

“I’m going to pull off my shirt, rip your panties from your body with my teeth, and then I’m going to eat your little cunt. You’re going to lay there, all high and mighty, maybe give me a moan. But the real touché de maitre will be when you come on my face, screaming my name. I will drink you down, and the only one who’ll know how to make you hot will be me.” He was still calm, not shaking, although that was killing him.

She made no move.

“You can have me stop, Buffy. All you have to do is say so. I will leave you alone—but you only have this once.” He waited. “Which will it be?”

Nothing was said, although he could almost hear her brain working. Her heartbeat was going like a rabbit’s and he had no idea what he was really going to do if she didn’t stop him. He never lied, he wasn’t supposed to love a Slayer; and she wasn’t supposed to love a vampire. But here they were, and circumstances made them get to here, so they might as well enjoy it. He leaned back as he waited for her to make up her mind; his own going to where it shouldn’t. His hand went down to his cock once more, pulling and stroking, rubbing behind the head with his index finger. The silky smooth skin throbbed with need, and he knew she’s better answer quick before chivalry got the best of him.



Antidote in hand, Riley and Giles made their way through the cemetery, to Spike’s crypt. It had to have taken forever to get the thing done; Riley was very well versed now in the colorful British version of the English language. He was pretty sure some of them were made up too.

As they neared the door to the crypt though, an invisible wall threw them back. “Oh Lord, “Giles started, “we’re too late.” The emotions that he went through on his face were agonizing for Riley to watch. He himself was going through something that he hadn’t known he had in him.

Pain, deceit, lies, murder; and he was sure that Giles was feeling all that and more, as they sat on neighboring tombstones, helpless to her. Alone.