Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry updates have been so slow, but I promise to post chapter 11 tomorrow because this one is kind of a cliffhanger... kind of LOL Ashlee and I are going to start posting a new fic tomorrow, but it will only be on her LJ and the Goldilocks LJ, so if you want to read it, please go in that direction. It's a VERY taboo fic, but we hope some people enjoy it;)
Spike showed up at Joyce’s later that day with Xander and Andrew, all three men excited to try proving themselves once again. Buffy let them in and led them into the kitchen, watching as they all looked around, surprised.

“What?” she asked, raising an eyebrow and looking at Willow and Anya, who were having coffees a few feet off to the side.

“Who knew this place had a kitchen this big?” Xander asked, studying the room. “The front of the shop is so tiny compared to this. I can see why you like it here, Buffy- it’s spacious.”

“Yeah, I must admit that the restaurant’s kitchen doesn’t have this much room,” Spike said. “Everything is bit cluttered, and it only gets worse when people are moving about.”

“Well, maybe you can fix it up while it’s closed,” Anya said, ignoring the warning look that Buffy gave her. “I mean, there’s no one there, so you have a chance.”

“I’ll think about it,” Spike said, giving Buffy a smile, having noticed her glare at her friend. “So, how are we going to kick things off, Summers? Shall I just make a cheesecake and you use one that you’ve already made?”

“Fine with me,” she replied, crossing her arms. “I made a dozen this afternoon, so I’m set. Just need to decorate them.”

“Sounds good,” Spike said, nodding. “Just point me in the direction of what supplies I can use and prepare to have your ass kicked, good and proper.”

“Someone’s a bit cocky,” she replied, smirking at him. “Or maybe some of your insecurities are coming out to play.”

“Whatever you say, pet,” he said, smiling. “But you know damn well I can give you a run for your money.” She laughed, walking to one of the refrigerators. “Do we still have a deal?”

“Yep,” she said, grabbing a cheesecake before setting it down on one of the counters and closing the refrigerator’s door with her foot. “I can’t wait to have a restaurant named after me.”

“Who’s the cocky one now, luv?” Spike joked, amused.

“Umm, guys, not to interrupt your playful banter or the rising sexual tension in the air, but can we hop to it?” Willow asked. “Oz and I are supposed to go out tonight.”

“Don’t worry,” Buffy said, grinning. “Spike won’t last long.”

“Oh, you have no idea how long I can last,” he replied, smirking. “But I don’t mind showing you.”

“Get your mind out of the gutter, Brooks,” Buffy said, scowling at him. “I’d rather beat you in a fair fight, one where you’re not too busy thinking about… other stuff.”

“Are you blushing?” Spike asked, raising an eyebrow when she turned away from him and went towards a mixer that was filled with whipped cream. “You are!”

“This is going to take all night, isn’t it?” Anya mumbled as she walked over to Xander.

“Maybe, but watching these two is pretty entertaining,” he answered, wrapping an arm around her waist.

“Can’t we go and have some orgasms together?” she asked, pouting.

“Spike, we’ll be back later,” Xander said, grabbing Anya’s hand in his and pulling her out of the kitchen and to the front door of the building, letting them out.

“Well, now that they’re gone, maybe we can get more done,” Andrew said, moving to stand beside Spike. “Can we start now?”

“Go right ahead,” Buffy said, motioning for them to proceed. “If you need something, just tell me.”

“Oh, I’m sure I can think of something I need,” Spike replied, smiling at her as he looked up and down her body.

“Just make your cheesecake, Spike,” she said, frowning. “I have better things to do tonight than sit around here.”

“A hot date?” he asked, pleased when she looked away and shook her head. “Then you can wait, pidge. Maybe I’ll make it up to you.” Her gaze returned to his, and he gave her a small smile.

“Do I even want to know how you plan on making it up to me?” she asked quietly.

“Probably not,” he answered, chuckling.

“Yeah, I’m sure you’re right,” she said, making a face before she began to get ready to decorate the cheesecake. “All set?”

“Yep,” he replied, taking a deep breath. “Time to prove you wrong.”

* * * * *

A couple of hours passed, and Buffy watched as Spike finished working on the cheesecake he had made, surprised that it had cooled down enough in one of the refrigerators to be frosted with whipped cream.

“All set,” he said triumphantly, looking at Buffy with a smirk. “Where’s yours?”

“Waiting,” she replied, going into a cooler and pulling out her cheesecake, covered in light pink frosting and strawberry slices, creatively forming a flower in the center.

“Pretty,” he said before looking at his, smiling at the light purple whipped cream that was covered with drops of chocolate. “But I think mine looks pretty good, too.”

“Where are Anya and Xander?” Buffy asked, looking around.

“We’re here!” Anya announced, appearing in the kitchen suddenly with Xander behind her. “We lost track of time.”

“Why am I not surprised?” Buffy heard Willow mumble.

“Well, then let’s cut these open,” Spike said, cutting his cheesecake into slices and putting them on plates. Everyone grabbed a plate and tried the cake, all of them smiling after they finished.

“Wow, Spike, this is pretty good,” Buffy said, looking at him. “Who knew you could make a cheesecake this yummy?”

“Well, you never know when someone will surprise you,” he said, winking at her. “Now, your turn, Goldilocks.”

She cut her cheesecake into half a dozen pieces, put them on plates, and handed them out.

“Did you put strawberry filling in this?” Spike asked after taking a bite.

“It helped me win before, so I figured why not,” she replied, shrugging. “Is it good?”

“It’s excellent,” Xander chipped in, holding his tray out. “Can I have another piece?”

“Pig,” Anya said quietly, nudging him. “You had a bag of chips on your way here.”

“Well, you wore me out,” he muttered, noticing the disgusted look on everyone’s faces. “What?”

“Too much information,” Buffy said, frowning. “So, who wins tonight?”

“Honestly?” Willow asked, looking at her friend with a sheepish expression. “I think it’s a tie.”

“But mine was filled!” Buffy said, shocked. “His wasn’t. It was just a simple cheesecake.”

“But it tastes so good,” Anya replied, smiling. “If Xander can have two pieces, then so can I. Spike, I’d like another slice.”

“You got it,” he said, grabbing her plate and putting another piece of cheesecake on it. “So Buffy and I are tying?”

“Yeah, I’d have to agree with the girls,” Andrew said, nodding.

“Looks like you’re working for me now, princess,” Spike said, grinning at Buffy, who crossed her arms.

“Are you still going to name your restaurant after me?” she asked.

“We’ll work out a name together,” he answered. “But yes, that was the deal, wasn’t it?”

“Good,” Xander said, walking over to Buffy. “Now that the formalities are over, can we finish the cheesecakes?”

“Sure,” Buffy said, giving him another slice of her cake.

“So, should we meet up tomorrow and discuss the terms of your contract?” Spike asked, smiling when she glared at him.

“No ‘contracts’,” she said. “It makes it sound like I’m bound to you.”

“Oh, bondage,” Anya said, smiling at Xander. “That’s something we should try.”

“Do you ever think before you speak?” Buffy asked sharply, looking at her friend.

“Huh?” Anya asked, confused.

“That’s what I thought,” Buffy replied before turning towards Spike. “Fine, we can meet up tomorrow and talk. Why don’t you come here around noon, and we can go out to lunch or something?”

“Like a date?” Spike joked, even though he inwardly wished it would be true.

“Well, if you play your cards right,” she replied, giggling.

“Sounds promising,” he said, getting another piece of cheesecake from her. “Warming up to me, love?”

“You’re still an enemy,” she said, surprised when he frowned.

“How can I become an ally?” he asked curiously, tilting his head.

“I guess you’ll find out, won’t you?” she said, smiling at him as he chuckled.

“Will you two stop flirting?” Anya asked. “My boyfriend’s still hungry.”

“You’ve had three pieces of cheesecake!” Andrew said in a warning tone, looking at Xander. “You might throw up.”

“And on that lovely note, let’s call it a night,” Spike announced, happy when Buffy sighed with relief. “I’ll help Buffy clean up, so how about you all head home and enjoy the rest of the night?”

“Is that alright, Buffy?” Willow asked.

“Yeah, go ahead,” Buffy said, exchanging a quick look with Spike. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Both Buffy and Spike watched their friends walk out before turning toward one another.

“So, looks like we’re all alone,” he said, smirking.

“Yeah, looks like,” she replied, looking away as she began to blush, wondering what would happen next.