Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm happy people stuck with this story despite the fact it took me a few days to update it! Thanks to everyone who reviewed the last chapter, and I hope you continue to enjoy the fic! The kiss you all have been waiting for is finally here;)
“So, what now?” Spike asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

“Well, I guess we clean up,” Buffy replied, looking around. “There’s only one slice of cheesecake left.”

“Take it,” he said, motioning to it.

“It’s your cake- you can have it,” she said, shrugging. He smirked and grabbed the plate, handing it to her. “Really, Spike, it’s yours.”

“How about we split it?” he asked, grabbing two forks and handing one to her. She accepted it and smiled.

“Thank you,” she said, taking a forkful and eating it. “I’m not going to lie- this is very good.”

“So was yours,” he replied. “I can see why they’re your specialty.”

“Did you go to culinary school for desserts?” she asked, surprised when he nodded. “I thought you were more of an entrée kind of guy.”

“That’s to keep my bad-boy image in place,” he said, winking at her. “I’ve always been a fan of making cakes and other desserts. They’re the best part of a meal.”

“Yeah, they really are,” she agreed, taking one more bite before throwing away her fork.

“There’s enough left for one more taste,” he said, spearing the last bit of cheesecake on the end of his fork before extending it to her mouth.

“What’re you-”

“It’s yours,” he said, smiling when she opened her mouth and ate it. They locked eyes as she swallowed, both beginning to feel something between them, the sexual tension mounting without either of them noticing it before.

“Thanks,” she said quietly, taking a small step back.

“Buffy-” he began, but she turned away from him and went towards the sink. “What’s wrong?”

“Is it bad that I might be interested in you?” she asked curiously, looking at him for a moment and seeing the shock on his face. “Never mind.” She focused on the dishes in the sink and wished that he would leave, feeling mortified enough after expressing how she felt.

He walked over to her and loosely grabbed her wrist, turning her around so that they would be face-to-face again.

“That’s not a bad thing,” he said, studying her face. “It’s actually quite good.”

“It is?”

“Yes,” he answered, leaning down, their faces only mere inches apart. “Because I like you, too.”

“You do?” she asked, stunned. “Since when? I mean, you and I were fighting before, and now-”

“Now it’s different,” he cut in, pressing his lips to hers, wrapping his arms around her when she didn’t resist. Buffy returned the kiss for a moment before breaking away a little.

“I didn’t intend for this to happen,” she murmured, her eyes wide.

“Me either,” he said, smirking. “But now that it has, maybe you can cover me in chocolate sauce like you mentioned earlier today.” She swatted his chest and broke away from his embrace, giggling.

“You’re a bad man,” she replied, beginning to wash the dishes.

“One of the worst around,” he agreed, rolling up his shirtsleeves and grabbing a dish towel.

“You don’t have to help,” she said, looking at him. “There isn’t that much for me to do.”

“And leave you here alone, this late at night?” he asked, frowning. “Don’t think so.”

“Are you sure?” she asked. “I mean, I’m sure there are other things you could be doing.”

“Trust me, Goldilocks, I’m exactly where I want to be,” he said, smiling when she blushed. “And maybe we can go out for a drink afterwards.”

“I’d love to,” she said, returning his smile for a moment. “You’d better dry these quickly, then.”

“As you wish, mistress,” he joked, laughing when she blushed again. “I love making you do that.”

“Bite me,” she mumbled, gasping when he leaned over and bit her shoulder through the cotton of her shirt. “Hey, that hurt!”

“Just following orders, ma’am,” he joked, chuckling.

“Oh, you’re going to get it, buster,” she replied, narrowing her eyes at him.

“I can’t wait to see what I’m going to get,” he said, grinning. “I bet it’ll be something naughty. Spankings and handcuffs are wonderful rewards.”

“Will you stop it?” she asked, hitting his arm.

“Not until you agree to go out on a date with me sometime,” he said, looking at her.

“You want to go on a date with me?” she asked, raising an eyebrow when he nodded. “I’ll think about it.”

“So that’s a yes, then?” he asked, smirking when she sighed.

“Yes, I guess it is,” she said, handing him a clean pan.

“Then we both have something to look forward to,” he replied, giving her a genuine smile.

* * * * *

After locking up Joyce’s Pastry Shop, they walked to The Little Green Tavern and went inside, sitting at a table and ordering drinks.

“Are you sure we should try working together?” Buffy asked, looking at him. “I mean, that could potentially lead to a world of badness.”

“Or it could lead to a world of extreme goodness,” he replied, smirking. “The job is yours, luv, and it was part of our deal.”

“I didn’t say I’m backing out,” she said, managing a small smile. “I just meant that it’s not a venture to be taken lightly.”

“It’s not,” he agreed, nodding. “I’m taking it very seriously. Having an award-winning dessert chef at the new place will be even more fantastic for business.”

“We will have to figure out my hours and everything,” she said, giving their waitress a gracious look when she put their beers down on the table before walking away. “I’ll continue to work at Joyce’s in the mornings- that won’t ever change.”

“You can come in at night,” he replied, drinking some of his beer. “And you don’t need to show up every day. You can make enough cakes and what-not on the nights you come in so you won’t need to be there as much as the rest of us.”

“That sounds good to me,” she said. “And don’t forget- the new restaurant has to bear my name or one I choose.”

“Of course,” he said, grinning. “That was also part of the bargain.”

“Your real name is Elizabeth, right?” he asked, and she nodded, sipping her beer. “I can work with that.”

“Well, if it isn’t the town’s biggest archrivals,” Rupert Giles said, walking to their table. “Never thought I’d see you here together- at the same table, no less.”

“Well, we’re working out an agreement,” Spike said, looking at Buffy. “We made a deal.”

“Deal-making?” Giles asked, raising an eyebrow. “Has hell finally frozen over? Looks like the end is near for all of us.”

“Be nice,” Buffy said, giving the older man a smile.

“Whatever you say,” he replied jokingly. “But the earth is definitely doomed.”

He walked away as the two blondes laughed, looking at one another and hoping that making their deal become reality would end up being the best thing that had ever happened to them.