Author's Chapter Notes:
First, I want to say thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far- you have inspired me to keep going with this fic, which is something I sincerely appreciate. I'll try to post the next chapter as soon as possible. Will there be sexy, smutty Spuffyness in it? You bet;)
A week later, Buffy walked into A Summers’ Night and smiled as she took in the atmosphere of the restaurant. Since she had been there last, Spike hired decorators to come in and spruce the décor up, making it more open and cheerful, compared to how dark it had once been inside.

“Well well, if it isn’t the queen herself,” Xander said as he saw her walk in, giving her a mock bow. “I believe the king has been expecting you.”

“And where is His Majesty?” she joked, seeing Spike appear behind his friend. “Hi.”

“Hello,” he said, grinning. “You’re half an hour early.”

“Thought I’d sneak in and do some prep work,” she replied, shrugging. “If you want me to leave, I can-”

“No, please stay,” Spike said quickly, feeling slightly embarrassed when he realized how pleading his tone sounded. “I mean, if you want to work, you can.”

“Thanks,” she said, giving him a small smile before heading towards the doors of the kitchen area. “Want to help, Xander?”

“I can do it,” Spike said before Xander could answer, ignoring his friend’s raised eyebrow. “I don’t have anything to do for a while.”

“Great,” she said happily, walking into the large kitchen.

“Just be careful, Spike,” Xander warned before they followed her. “I know you’ve dated employees before, but she’s different.”

“I couldn’t agree more,” Spike said, smirking. “Trust me- I won’t muck this up.”

“So you say now, but how about in a week? In a month? Next year?” the brunette asked, sighing.

“Xander, believe me when I say that I’m going to go above and beyond to make this girl happy,” Spike said, winking before walking into the kitchen.

“Yeah, I hope so,” Xander said to himself before turning, in search of finding Andrew so they could start making appetizers for the grand opening that night.

* * * * *

“How can I help?” Spike asked as he came to stand beside Buffy, watching her peer into one of the refrigerators.

“Can you make about ten dozen truffles?” she asked, not seeing the surprised look on his face.

“Why do you need so many, luv?” he asked. “The seating capacity here is for one hundred people, and we’re only having invited guests come in tonight.”

“Yes, but some people might want more than one,” she replied, looking at him after closing the refrigerator door. “I know I would.”

“Have an addiction to chocolate?” he asked, smiling when she giggled.

“Just a little,” she answered. “I’m a woman- most of us do.”

“You do realize it will take me a long time to make that many truffles,” he said.

“I know,” she said, grinning. “That’s why I assigned it to you.”

“You’re evil,” he mumbled, grabbing a bowl of refrigerated chocolate and a small scooper so he could make the truffles faster.

“Well, you can work beside me,” she said, walking to a counter. “That should make you happy.”

“Is Goldilocks implying she enjoys my company, too?” he asked, feigning shock.

“You’re my boss, Spike,” she said, shrugging. “Figure I might as well get used to you being around.” When his face fell, she grinned brightly. “I like having you around, yes.”

“Good,” he replied, inwardly relieved. As he began to scoop out balls of chocolate, he watched her set out a tray of cocoa powder so he could roll the chocolate in it, which would keep the chocolate from sticking to his hands. “So, I was thinking-”

“About our date?” she asked, busying herself with the cocoa powder before finding a tray that he could put the finished truffles on. “How about we have dinner and go see a movie or something?”

“Sounds good,” he answered, smirking. “Or perhaps dancing? Hitting our favorite tavern?”

“If we showed up their on a date, Giles would probably shut the place down,” she replied.

“So we should go there?” he asked, chuckling when she nodded vigorously.

“I like surprising people,” she said, gasping quietly when he grabbed her wrist in his hand and pulled her closer to him, looking into her eyes.

“So do I,” he said in a low tone, smirking when her eyes widened. “Is that okay?”

“Yes,” she answered breathlessly, watching as his lips descended to hers. “Spike, we’re at work.”

“So what?” he asked. “I own the place.”

“Still,” she said, frowning. “I don’t want to give the other employees bad ideas about me.”

“Fine,” he replied, backing away and grinning when she pouted. “What’s that face for?”

“Can I take a rain-check?” she asked, giggling when he leaned over to kiss her temple.

“You can take as many as you’d like,” he replied, beginning to make more truffles.

* * * * *

“Great job tonight, Buffy,” Xander said as he helped her clean the kitchen after the restaurant had closed for the night. “Everyone was raving about the cherry and chocolate torte you made.”

“Well, it’s always a favorite,” she replied, shrugging. “My mom used to make something like it when I was younger.”

“You must’ve embellished on it because I don’t think she ever made something with several tiers.”

“No, she didn’t,” she said, smiling.

“Summers, I could give you a bloody kiss on the mouth right now,” Spike said as he walked into the kitchen, holding a stack of money in his hand. “We made more tonight than this place ever has before, and a good part of the reason is because of the desserts you made.”

“Doubtful,” she said, blushing as he wrapped his arms around her and pressed his lips to hers for a chaste kiss. She studied him as they broke away from each other, seeing a content look settling on his features.

“No, not doubtful,” he replied. “The Mayor said we deserved a little extra for your torte. Do you know what ‘a little extra’ ended up being?” Xander watched as Spike set one hundred dollars on a countertop. “All yours as a tip, pet.”

“I’m not taking that,” she said, staring at it. “I did what I was supposed to do- I don’t get tips for that.”

“Well, now you do,” Spike said, giving her a wide smile. “You deserve it. You were working that pretty little ass off all night.”

“Spike, I think that’s sexual harassment,” she joked, leaning over to kiss his cheek as she grabbed the money. “Thank you.”

“What about my reward?” Xander asked, playfully pouting. “I’ll take a kiss, too, Mr. Brooks.”

“Keep it in your pants, guys,” Buffy replied, giggling as she went to grab her jacket. “Well, I should head out. I have work to do in the morning.”

“I’ll walk you out,” Spike said, letting her say goodbye to Xander before they walked out the back door of the building.

“Xander, where’s Spike?” Andrew asked as the younger man walked into the kitchen.

“Escorting the lady to her chariot, I believe,” the brunette answered.

“Lucky bitch,” Andrew mumbled before his eyes widened, seeing Xander’s surprised expression. “I meant lucky bastard.”

“Sure you did,” Xander said, smirking at his friend before walking away.

Meanwhile, Spike and Buffy walked to her car in silence, not knowing what to say to one another.

“So, are you coming in tomorrow?” Spike asked suddenly, watching as she unlocked her driver-side door.

“I might for a little while,” she said, shrugging. “We’ll see.”

“Okay,” he replied, taking a deep breath. “Well, have a good night, Buffy.”

“You, too,” she said, smiling when he kissed her. “Bye, Spike.” She got in her car and started it, watching him walk away before rolling down her window. “Spike?”

He turned around and looked at her, worried.

“Want to go on a date tomorrow night?” she asked, grinning when he smirked.

“I’d love to,” he said, winking at her before turning again and walking into the building.

Xander and Andrew were locking up the front door when Spike got to them.

“So, who wants to be in charge tomorrow night?” he asked, giddy. “I’m taking my girl out.”

“It’s about time,” Xander said, smirking. “We’ll take care of things.”

“Andrew?” Spike asked, seeing the sad look on his face.

“Yep, it’ll be fine,” he said, giving his boss and friend a small smile. “Good luck.”

“Thanks, I’ll need it,” Spike said before walking into his office.

“Looks like your puppy-dog crush has to be put on hold,” Xander said, looking at Andrew, who began to blush.

“Bite me,” Andrew said quietly before biting back tears and storming off, ignoring the sound of Xander laughing as he made his way out of the restaurant.