Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is very fluffy- I think the fic needs some light-heartedness from now on, but maybe that's just me. The fic is slowly winding down, with tops five chapters left to go. The goal is to finish it within the week, provided people want to see more of it. Thank you to everyone who has read and reviewed so far!:)
When Spike saw Buffy enter his restaurant the next evening, he went to greet her, not expecting to see Willow and Oz behind her.

“Hi, Spike,” Willow said, smiling as she waved to him. “How are you?”

“Pleasantly surprised,” he said, returning her smile. “I didn’t know you were coming in tonight.”

“Well, Oz and I are celebrating our anniversary,” she replied, kissing her boyfriend’s cheek. “We’ve spent one happy year together.”

“Congratulations,” Spike said, grinning and escorting the couple to the host’s stand. “Seat these two at the corner booth so they can enjoy themselves privately.” He winked at Willow before taking Buffy’s hand in his. “Going to join them, pet?”

“And interrupt their night of fun?” she asked. “I’m supposed to work, remember?”

“It’s a slow night,” he said, shrugging. “You won’t have to stay long.” He leaned down to her ear. “Maybe we can talk after you finish up making desserts.”

“Sure,” she said before looking at her friends. “Have a nice time, you two.”

“You, too,” Willow said as she and Oz followed the host to their table, both Spike and Buffy watching them for a moment before walking to the kitchen.

“You seem quiet tonight,” Spike said, looking at her as they went through the double-doors.

“I’ve just been thinking about stuff,” she replied, sighing. “Willow and Oz are lucky.”

“You don’t think we will ever be like they are?” he asked, tilting his head.

“It’s possible,” she said, looking down. “It would be nice.”

“It’s something to look forward to, then,” he said, leaning over to kiss her temple. “Now, get to work.”

“Going to help me tonight?” she asked curiously. “Or are you going to stick in your office all night and pretend I’m not here?”

“So you noticed that, did you?” he asked, smiling sheepishly. “I would’ve talked to you when you stopped to drop off deliveries, but I didn’t know what to say… Xander offered to handle it so I wouldn’t shove my foot in my mouth more.”

“You should give him a raise,” she joked, walking over to her work station, Spike following her.

“Do you want me to help you?” he asked quietly, ignoring the looks some of his employees were giving them.

“As long as it doesn’t turn into a fun-filled whipped cream and chocolate sauce adventure,” she said, grinning. “Because I think a health inspector would be more than willing to shut this place down if we do anything like that again… especially in the kitchen.”

“It’d be worth it,” he said, chuckling when she blushed slightly. “Luv, can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” she said as she opened a refrigerator and pulled out a cheesecake she had dropped off the day before.

“I went to The Little Green Tavern last night after I closed the restaurant,” he said, putting his hands in his pockets. “And the owner requested that we sit down and talk for a while.” She raised an eyebrow as she set the cheesecake down on a counter and turned to face him. “He’s very protective of you, it seems.”

“Well, he’s been in my life for a long time,” she said, shrugging. “We’re very close.”

“How close?” he asked, studying her.

“We’re friends,” she answered, confused by his tone before smiling. “Is it just me, or do you sound jealous?”

“Not jealous,” he said, frowning. “Just concerned.” She giggled and grabbed a bowl of fresh strawberries off of a nearby counter. “What’s so funny?”

“You really have no reason to be ‘concerned’,” she said. “What did you two talk about?”

“You,” he answered, sighing. “He said he’d hunt me down if I ever hurt you.”

“I’m sure he will,” she replied, smirking. “He doesn’t seem too keen on the idea of us dating.”

“No, he doesn’t,” he muttered, watching her cut up the strawberries into slices.

“Hey, Buffy,” Andrew said, walking over to the two blondes and grinning. “Spike told me you were coming in tonight.”

“Thought I might be able to help,” she said, noticing the guy behind him. “Hi, I’m Buffy.”

“Well, aren’t you as cute as a button?” the other man said, smiling. “I’m Lorne.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” she replied, shaking his hand.

“Andrew’s been telling me a lot about you,” Lorne said, turning his attention to Spike. “I’m afraid his descriptions have failed to capture how gorgeous you are.”

“Umm… thanks?” Spike said awkwardly, seeing Buffy’s amused expression and glaring at her for a moment before shaking Lorne’s hand. “Welcome to A Summers’ Night.”

“Is it okay if we go have dinner quickly?” Andrew asked, looking giddy as he waited for Spike’s answer.

“Go ahead,” he said, smirking when Andrew took Lorne’s hand in his and led him out of the kitchen.

“They’re cute together,” Buffy said as she watched them leave.

“As cute as we are?” he asked, looking at her.

“That’s up for debate,” she said, smiling. “I think we might be beating them.”

* * * * *

They spent the next hour working on decorating cheesecakes and slicing them up before Buffy took off the apron she had put on and sighed.

“Finished for the night, Goldilocks?” Spike asked, putting a cheesecake back into one of the refrigerators.

“Yeah,” she said, shrugging. “There should be enough for the rest of the night. I can stop in tomorrow, too.”

“All in the spirit of helping out and picking up Xander’s slack?” he asked, smiling.

“And the fact working alongside you is fun,” she said, returning his smile. “As far as bosses go, you’re a fairly laid-back one.”

“Well, I like to make my employees happy,” he replied, lowering his head a little, their lips now inches apart. “Especially a certain blonde one.”

“That one waitress? Harmony?” she asked, pouting. “She’s not nice to me.”

“That’s because she’s jealous,” he replied, pressing his lips to hers for a brief kiss.

“Buffy, your friend Willow is requesting to see you,” Andrew said, peeking his head in through the door. “She seems very excited, even though I think she’s been crying. And tell her I think the ring she’s wearing is gorgeous.”

“What ring?” Buffy asked, confused.

“The one on her left hand,” Andrew said, raising an eyebrow. “Didn’t you see it?”

“No,” she answered before her eyes widened. “Oh my god.”

“What?” Spike asked, worried, running his hand over her back.

“I think Willow and Oz just got engaged,” she said quietly, her eyes beginning to fill with tears.

“We should go congratulate them, then,” he replied, grinning.

“Yes, of course,” she said, the shocked haze in her brain dispersing as he looked at him, a wide smile forming on her face. “They’re engaged, Spike!”

“We don’t even know for sure yet,” he said, smirking. “Why don’t we wait for them to tell us?”

“Don’t you dare ruin my fun,” she replied, quickly walking to the kitchen’s doors.

“Wouldn’t think of it,” he said, following her out into the main part of the restaurant and over towards Willow and Oz’s booth.

Before they could get there, Willow stood up and practically ran over to Buffy, hugging her as tears streamed down her cheeks.

“I’m engaged!” she said, nearly bouncing as she showed her friend the ring Oz had given her.

“Congratulations!” Buffy replied, feeling a tear escape the corner of one of her eyes as she walked over to the table to hug Oz. “I knew you were going to do something special tonight- I just couldn’t figure out what exactly it would be.”

“Well, I am a man of mystery,” he said with a hint of a smile on his lips.

“Congratulations, Red,” Spike said, surprised when she hugged him, awkwardly patting her back before she pulled away from him. “I’ll go get a bottle of champagne for you.”

“Thanks,” she replied, smiling as she walked to the table and sat down beside Oz, kissing him.

Buffy saw Spike walk to the bar before he returned with a bucket filled with ice and the bottle of champagne he mentioned, a waitress following him with a small stand for the bucket and two champagne flutes.

“If there’s anything else you need, just let us know,” Spike said, watching as the waitress cautiously uncorked the champagne, not wanting it to spray too much, if at all.

Spike moved closer to Buffy and took her hand in his, gently squeezing it and noticing the look on her face.

“Everything alright?” he asked quietly.

“I want that someday,” she said, watching Willow and Oz kiss as their waitress filled their champagne flutes.

“With me?” he asked, feeling his heartbeat quicken when she giggled and looked at him before turning to walk away. He raised an eyebrow before following her, getting ahead of her to block the kitchen doors in an attempt to stop her.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, sighing when he frowned. “Spike, we haven’t known each other that long, and technically we’ve only been dating for a day. The thought of getting married isn’t one that either of us should be having for a very long time.”

“True,” he agreed. “But is the thought of marrying me years down the road that inconceivable?”

“Maybe,” she said, winking at him. “Maybe not.”

“You’re a tease, Summers,” he replied, wrapping his arms around her.

“Yes, I am,” she affirmed, leaning up to kiss him.