Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed chapter 1- I'm happy people enjoy it so far!:)
The men entered Chantarelle’s again and were surprised to see the woman the restaurant was named after sitting at the bar and talking to Charles Gunn, the main bartender. Spike walked over to his fiancé and sat beside her, kissing her cheek.

“Hi,” Lily Chantarelle said, smiling widely at him. “I heard you went to Joyce’s Pastry Shop.” He nodded and raised an eyebrow when she frowned at him. “Did anyone know who you are?”

“Nope,” he said. “We walked in, tried some stuff, and walked out.”

“You know that’s not fair,” she replied. “Spying on the owner and what she makes.”

“What’s the harm in sampling some of her products?” he asked, giving Gunn a grateful smile as he handed him a tall glass of beer. “I don’t think it was wrong at all.” He took a swig of his beer and put it down on the bar. “Besides, for all I know, she’s come in here before and ate some of our stuff, judging if the desserts here are competition for her.”

“Just don’t get in trouble, alright?” she asked, running her hand over his back. “I don’t want to see my gorgeous fiancé get into any mischief.”

“I’ll be a good boy,” he said, smirking. She laughed and stood up, patting his shoulder. “You’re leaving?”

“I’ve got a couple of errands to run before the shops in town close,” she answered, digging through her purse for her car keys. “I’ll see you tomorrow, right?”

“You’re not staying at the apartment tonight?” he asked, pouting, and she shook her head, leaning down to kiss him. “Why not?”

“Have an early morning, and you won’t get home until two or three,” she said, shrugging. “I’ll be asleep when you come in, and you’ll be dead to the world when I need to leave. It doesn’t make too much sense for me to stay in your apartment alone for a while.”

“Fine,” he said sadly, and she ran her hand through his tousled locks before walking away and leaving the restaurant.

“Why do you look so glum, boss?” Gunn asked, studying the blonde man’s expression.

“Is it wrong for me to wonder if my fiancé is being faithful?” Spike asked, and Gunn tilted his head. “What? I’m the only serious boyfriend she’s ever had, so it wouldn’t surprise me if she wanted to-”

“Lily loves you,” Gunn cut in, pouring a couple of drinks in the meantime. “She’s a sweet woman with a big heart, and you’re the only man she cares about, Spike. I would bet my truck that she’s not cheating on you.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Spike replied, finishing his beer. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” Gunn said, watching as Spike stood up and walked to his office, letting himself inside before shutting the door.

‘Lily better not sleep with anyone besides him,’ Gunn thought. ‘And me.’

* * * * *

“Buffy?” Willow asked quietly as she stepped into her boss’ office. “Are you alright?”

“I wish I had known he was here,” Buffy said, staring blankly at her computer screen. “I would’ve told him to leave.”

“He doesn’t look like the guy in that picture,” Willow said, pointing to a newspaper clipping that Buffy had framed on her wall, showing and discussing a few chefs involved in the upcoming competition. “He looks a lot better in person.” Buffy raised an eyebrow at her friend, surprised when she saw her blush. “What? You know I love Oz, but you’ve got to admit that Spike’s not too bad on the eyes.”

“Yuck,” Buffy replied, turning off the computer’s monitor and standing up. “So, what are your plans tonight?”

“Oz wants to take me out to dinner,” Willow said, shrugging. “What about you?”

“I don’t really know,” Buffy answered, grabbing her purse. “Did Anya go home?”

“Yeah,” Willow said, following her boss to the front door. “Do you maybe want to go out to dinner with us?”

“I wouldn’t want to impose,” Buffy said, managing a weak smile. “Being a third wheel isn’t fun- it makes things very imbalanced.”

“You’re practically family,” Willow said, nudging the blonde’s arm. “Please? We can even go somewhere fancy.” Buffy paused and her eyes widened before locking with her friend’s. “What?”

“How about Chantarelle’s?” Buffy asked, and Willow frowned, tilting her head.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Buffy,” she said, but her friend merely shrugged and grinned.

“It’s only fair.”

* * * * *

“Wow, this place is posh,” Buffy said as she entered Chantarelle’s with Willow and Oz a while later.

“It’s beautiful,” Willow agreed before they went to the host’s stand and were seated. They sat at a booth in a back corner and opened their menus, their jaws slowly dropping. “Twenty dollars for fettuccini alfredo? Noodles aren’t that expensive!”

“Settle down,” Oz said, patting his girlfriend’s thigh underneath the table. “I’m paying tonight.”

“It’s still a travesty,” Willow replied, shaking her head. “And look at the prices of seafood!”

“Looks like a soup and salad for me,” Buffy said, staring at the menu. “And my dinner will still be expensive.”

“Since when is money a problem?” Willow asked curiously. “I thought you were making money hand-over-fist.”

“I am, but I’m still careful with how much money I spend,” Buffy said, sighing.

“I love my frugal friend,” Willow replied, giggling as Buffy shot her a look.

“Hello, my name is Fred, and I’ll be your waitress tonight,” a brunette woman said as she stopped to stand beside the table. “Can I interest you in any wine or other beverages first?”

“Water,” both Buffy and Willow answered, which earned them an odd look from the waitress.

“I’ll have some Merlot,” Oz said, and Fred nodded before walking away.

“See anyone we know in here?” Willow asked, looking around.

“Not yet,” Buffy said, scanning the tables. “And I haven’t seen any of the guys from before, either.”

“The brunette man from this afternoon just walked into the kitchen,” Willow said, and Buffy turned to look at the kitchen doors, pausing as she saw Spike exit them.

Spike felt as if someone was watching him and looked around, locking eyes with a blonde woman sitting at a booth with a man and a familiar woman.

‘Oh yes, Red from the pastry shop,’ he thought, raising an eyebrow. ‘I wonder who the other woman is.’

To be polite, he walked over to the table, which made Buffy stiffen up, worried that all hell was about to break loose.

“Hello, Willow,” Spike said as he neared the table, sending a warm smile in her direction. “It’s nice to see you again.”

“Hi,” she replied anxiously, wondering if he recognized the woman sitting beside her.

“And who has the privilege of joining you tonight?” Spike asked, his gaze traveling over to Buffy, who was studying him.

“This is Oz, my boyfriend,” Willow said, motioning to the man who gave Spike a small wave.

“And who might you be, luv?” Spike asked, his eyes never breaking away to look at Oz, staying focused on Buffy.

“You don’t know who I am?” she asked, and he shook his head, confused. “Well, I must say I’m surprised, Mr. Brooks. You should be very aware of your enemies.” He raised an eyebrow, still perplexed. “My name is Buffy. Buffy Summers.” She extended a hand to him, grinning, and he stared at it, stunned.

“Oh.”