[Reviews - 316] LikedPrinter
Summary: Spike Brooks runs a restaurant in Sunnydale and soon finds himself to be a rival of Buffy Summers, an up-and-coming pastry shop owner. After they both enter the same competition, Spike fights to maintain the title of being the best dessert maker in town while Buffy struggles to prove that she is just as good, if not better. Who will win, and what will become of the loser? Will they remain enemies, or will the competition actually bring them closer together? *Awarded Best Romance Fic Runner-Up, Best Long Fic Winner, and Judge's Choice at the Blood Ties Awards!*
Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Parody, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes
Word count: 24861 Read: 27228
Published: 09/19/2005 Updated: 10/20/2005

1. Spying on Competition by Allison [Reviews - 18] Liked (1139 words)
I've decided I want to start posting this before "Kitchen Confidential" premieres on TV because I don't want people to think I got inspired from the show- actually, this is kind of a true story based on what happened at my job over the summer. I hope you like this first chapter, and if people like it enough, I'll try to post chapter 2 sooner rather than later!

2. It's Only Fair by Allison [Reviews - 14] Liked (1284 words)
Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed chapter 1- I'm happy people enjoy it so far!:)

3. Disrupting a Good Night by Allison [Reviews - 17] Liked (1142 words)
Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed chapter 2- I'm happy people liked it! I noticed there was a bit of a drop-off in reviews, so was it not good? If I get enough inspiration, I'll post chapter 4 sometime this weekend. Leave a review, and I suddenly might be very inspired:) Have a good weekend!

4. The Calm Before the Storm by Allison [Reviews - 11] Liked (1070 words)
Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed chapter 3- you all are so sweet and have definitely inspired me to keep writing this fic:) I hope you enjoy this chapter, and the competition starts in the next one!

5. Still in the Game by Allison [Reviews - 18] Liked (1242 words)
Thanks for all of the reviews after chapter 4! I'm happy people are still enjoying this, and I promise there will be Spuffyness and fluff down the road- we just need to muddle through the angst. If I get enough calls for it, I'll start posting daily instead of every other day, but that's only if people want it:)

6. Sharing the Wealth by Allison [Reviews - 18] Liked (1509 words)
Wow- thank you to everyone who read and reviewed chapter 5! I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I'll be posting chapter 7 very soon! Buffy and Spike begin to be on much better terms in the following chapters (groundwork for that is in this chapter), and I promise there is Spuffyness soon;)

7. When a Kingdom Crumbles by Allison [Reviews - 16] Liked (1326 words)
Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed the last chapter! I hope you stick with me to see what happens now that the competition is over and how Spike and Buffy will begin to grow closer;) Enjoy!

8. Until Further Notice by Allison [Reviews - 18] Liked (1142 words)
The responses to this fic have been awesome so far, so as long as people still want more chapters, you'll be getting them on a daily basis as a perk;) There will be a twist thrown into the next chapter, so hopefully you'll stick with me to see what it is. Thank you for all of the reviews, everyone!

9. Fantasizing About the Enemy by Allison [Reviews - 20] Liked (1218 words)
Due to the fact I'm swamped with work this week, I won't be updating again until Wednesday at the earliest. Sorry! I hope you continue to enjoy the fic, though!

10. The Second Time Around by Allison [Reviews - 17] Liked (1544 words)
Sorry updates have been so slow, but I promise to post chapter 11 tomorrow because this one is kind of a cliffhanger... kind of LOL Ashlee and I are going to start posting a new fic tomorrow, but it will only be on her LJ and the Goldilocks LJ, so if you want to read it, please go in that direction. It's a VERY taboo fic, but we hope some people enjoy it;)

11. A Stolen Kiss… and Bite by Allison [Reviews - 14] Liked (1204 words)
I'm happy people stuck with this story despite the fact it took me a few days to update it! Thanks to everyone who reviewed the last chapter, and I hope you continue to enjoy the fic! The kiss you all have been waiting for is finally here;)

12. Contractually Bound by Allison [Reviews - 18] Liked (1499 words)
Thank you for all of the reviews for the last chapter! I'm happy people enjoyed the (brief) kiss LOL Spike pitches a name idea to Buffy in this chapter for the restaurant, so hopefully people will like it. If you don't, I'm open to suggestions. I have another idea for it, but we'll see if I decide to use it. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and the next one will be posted within a couple of days:)

13. Puppy Love by Allison [Reviews - 16] Liked (1468 words)
First, I want to say thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far- you have inspired me to keep going with this fic, which is something I sincerely appreciate. I'll try to post the next chapter as soon as possible. Will there be sexy, smutty Spuffyness in it? You bet;)

14. A Bowl Full of Whipped Cream by Allison [Reviews - 18] Liked (1778 words)
Thank you for all of the reviews, and I promise there is more fluffy Spuffyness on the way;)

15. Then the Morning Came by Allison [Reviews - 16] Liked (1780 words)
Alright, I've changed my mind- the angst isn't over yet, folks. But it will leave sooner or later, I swear:) Thank you for all of the reviews and support!

16. What She Deserves by Allison [Reviews - 15] Liked (1515 words)
Thank you for all of the reviews for the last chapter! I'm sorry it was angsty, but I think it was necessary. There is a lot less Spuffy angst in this chapter, and as far as I know, there isn't a lot more of it throughout the rest of the fic. I hope you continue to enjoy it!:)

17. Pleasant Surprises by Allison [Reviews - 21] Liked (1626 words)
This chapter is very fluffy- I think the fic needs some light-heartedness from now on, but maybe that's just me. The fic is slowly winding down, with tops five chapters left to go. The goal is to finish it within the week, provided people want to see more of it. Thank you to everyone who has read and reviewed so far!:)

18. Chocolate, A Symbol of Devotion by Allison [Reviews - 31] Liked (1375 words)
I know I said there were a few more chapters left, but I realized the other night that Chapter 17 would've been a fairly good ending point for the story. That being said, I opted to write an epilogue, which is below. I'm sorry if the quick ending of the fic bothers anyone, but really, the characters evolved into what I wanted them to, everyone is happy, and throwing in angst suddenly to add to the story would just be prolonging it, which isn't necessary. Thank you to everyone who has read and reviewed- your continued support and enjoyment mean a lot! I hope you enjoy the epilogue:)