CHAPTER ONE

“Move in with me.”
“Huh?” Buffy was coming down from the high of her first orgasm of the night when his voice had sliced through the pleasure fog that surrounded her brain.
Brushing a chunk of hair out of her eyes, he smiled at the state he had put her in. “Move in with me,” he repeated.
Buffy sat up abruptly, the mood having been instantly dissipated. She clutched the white sheet to her chest. “Yeah, I heard you, and again with the ‘Huh?’ ”
His cocky smile vanished at her shocked expression. “Well, I just thought . . . I mean . . . you’re selling your mom’s house and I think our relationship has been moving along rather nicely. What’s the point of going through all the hassle of finding a new place? It makes sense -- both financially and relationship wise.”
“Angel, how long have you been thinking about this?”
“A while.”
“And you only decided to tell me now!”
“I thought I’d surprise you.”
Buffy looked at him incredulously, “I’m surprised.” He furrowed his eyebrows, his lips slightly pouted. He looked so hurt and . . . Boy scout-ish. Buffy hated that look. She had to make him understand.
“Angel, we’ve only been going out for . . .”
“Five months, I know, but Buffy, it seems like so much longer.”
“Yeah, I know.” She recuperated and rethought her approach. “You still live with your father -- I’ve never even met the man. Don’t you think it’ll be a little weird for some random girl to suddenly appear in his home?”
Angel smiled to himself knowingly, “Unless we tell him, I guarantee he won’t even notice you‘re there.” Buffy’s eyes widened at his nonchalance, so he continued. “He’s neck high in paperwork. It takes quite a bit a toil to hand down a multimillion dollar company.”
“And shouldn’t you be a part of those festivities?”
“Buffy, it’s all out of my hands now. All I have to do is show up on Tuesday, sign some papers, and the law firm of Wolfram and Hart is officially mine. I want you to be there for it. There’s a party that day in celebration of the handing down of the company -- I want you to come as my girlfriend.” He saw she needed more convincing. “I want to show you off to everyone, waltz you around the dance floor.” Angel smiled hopefully.
Buffy was happily surprised that he would consider her important enough to be there for one of the biggest days of his life. Sure, their relationship was still in the development stages, but Buffy felt like a little girl in love when she was around him. Ever since her mother had died six months ago, Buffy had been holding up the front of the strong daughter. She was an only child and that meant all friends and family members looked to her. If Buffy could be strong, that gave them the incentive to keep themselves from breaking down. Angel had been a shoulder to cry on -- he would even sit with her into the late hours of the night in the graveyard in front of her mother’s tombstone. Angel insisted she act like a normal girl around him -- not some superwoman out to change the world. And Buffy enjoyed the change -- he never looked to her for solutions or great endevors.
Buffy gazed off into the abyss of stark sheet as she thought -- Angel studying her face. Then, her eye’s became animated, eventually meeting his -- her features radiated doubt, so he waited until she finally uttered an answer -- “Yes.”

TBC

Author’s Notes: I know, I know -- we’re all screaming “That chapter sucked! Where’s the Spuffy!” I had to get that out of the way, I hope it wasn’t too painful to read. Spike will make his grand entrance (And I do mean GRAND) in the next update!