Author's Chapter Notes:
I have this posted elsewhere, but I thought I should try my hand here. Review please!
Chapter One
__________________________________
Buffy’s POV


Platinum blonde. Fiery Sapphire eyes. Yummy piece of flesh.

Remind me again why I’m leaving this?

To save myself from humiliation and heart break later on?

Yup. That would be it.

Picking up my left shoe I begin to concentrate on finding my right one.

In William’s room our clothes are strewn everywhere. I had searched for almost five minutes trying to find my panties. It was hard for me to pronounce them gone. Gone. Probably thrown out the window along with my inhibitions.

I don’t know what got into me last night at the club. Actually I do know just what got INTO me last night.

Smiling I look at the male god still sleeping in the bed. Against my will I start walking towards the comfy spot next to him. I just wanna curl up next to him again. A repeat of last night and most of this morning is very tempting. A couple feet from the bed I trip over something hard on the floor.

Taking my eyes off of him I look down and see my other shoe. I quickly slide it on and with one last glance at William, I let myself out of his apartment.

Sitting in my car I lock the doors and lean my head back. I’m Buffy… I don’t have one night stands. Well, at least not on my part. The guy usually makes that decision for me.

Last night my friend Faith dragged me to the local club Red Hot to get her some men. She said that two chicks grindin’ will reel in more guys that one lone girl. Boy, was she right. We were the middle of a many man sandwich. She was handing out her number like a business card. Me? I got theirs. I didn’t want some stranger calling me. Plus, it was a bit nicer than me saying, “No. Fuck off.” Right? Thought so.

At around eleven I was sitting at a table watching Faith rubbing up against some tall brunette with extra muscle on the side. She kept beckoning me to go join her. I just kept laughing at her attempts. She tried everything from a simple wave of her hand to screaming, “Come play, B!” I resisted. Why? I don’t know. Maybe because I was more than happy sipping my Dr. Pepper and watching these hopeless guys drool all over her. Maybe. Or maybe it was because I was subconsciously waiting for William to come along. Eventually he came out of nowhere and sat himself down next to me. He had me the moment he smirked at my confused look.

He refused to leave. Said I needed some company while my friend had fun. Oddly I couldn’t disagree. I don’t think I could have said no to him for the life of me. Especially not when he spoke with so much confidence, and with that delicious English accent of his. He could have said, “I’m a little duck. Quack Quack.” And I would have wanted to jump his bones. After a little bit Faith ran over and informed me she was leaving with Brad. Whoever the fuck that was. She winked at me after a quick look over at William, and she was off. Deciding it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world I gave into William’s sexual innuendo and we made a dash for his place. Me in my car and him in his. I guess I already knew that I would be doing this in the morning. Yay me. Not.

I let my head fall against the steering wheel and I start the car. I just want to go home and take a nice long shower. With the sun beating down on my skin I can once again feel the dried sweat on my body from last night’s exertions.

On my drive back to Faith’s and my apartment I feel something different. Maybe the fact that I got to leave first has empowered me or something. Either way, I have changed.

Five Months Later


“Xander!” I yell into the phone. “I have nowhere to go. You have to let me move in with you. Faith is moving out to live with her flavor of the week and I can’t afford to keep this apartment. Can I PLEASE stay with you and Anya?”

“Buff, you know I would let you, but we already have Anya’s freaky friend staying with us.” Then in a hushed voice he says, “I’ll try to have her out by the end of the month. That’ll be ok right?”

“Yes. And I promise that I’ll keep looking anyway. I’m sure there’s gotta be some sort of half way decent cheap apartment somewhere.”

Before I get to get another word out I hear Anya yelling for Xander to get off of the phone because she needs him. Xander, the male slave.

“First off B, he isn’t the flavor of the week. Second, I will not move out if you can’t find another place.” Faith smiles at me from her bedroom doorway. “’Sides, can’t leave you and the little one all by your lonesome.”

With a grin I look down to my stomach. It’s starting to grow and my skin is itching from the stretching. I let my hand drop down and rub the protrusion and look back up to Faith. “We’ll manage.”

I sit back down at the kitchen table and continue to look at the apartment ads in the newspaper. That is, until I notice Faith staring at me.

“What? Do I have something on my face?”

“How do you feel?”

How do I feel?

“Well… I feel great actually. Aside from the itchiness. But that’s nothing compared to the morning sickness. So I’m better than great.”

Faith rolls her eyes and goes back to staring at me. “I mean… I heard that when women are pregnant they tend to get really horny.” I let out a snort and flick a cheerio from my breakfast bowl at her forehead. “B! Come on! Tell me!”

“No. Go get pregnant and figure it out for yourself.”

I stand up and walk back to my room. Lying on my bed I stare up at the ceiling. What am I thinking about? I’m trying to figure out why I am alone. Why I can’t just suck it up and go talk to William. Yeah, yeah. The baby is his. My friends all told me that I was getting bitchy and that I needed a good lay. So I went out, got laid, and now I’m going to have a screaming bundle of joy.

If that’s how I feel, I can only imagine what William would think. He probably thought that he was engaging in meaningless sex and that after he kicked me out of his apartment the next morning when he woke, that would be the end of me. So, why weigh him down with this?

Sighing, I once again get up to go get the newspaper that I left in the kitchen. I may as well get back to apartment hunting. I open the door and am greeted by Faith.

“Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!” She repeats over and over again as I make my way to the kitchen.

Ugh.

“No. No. No. No.” I repeat as I make my way back to my room with the paper. As soon as I shut my door she stops.

“You know you’ll tell me eventually.” She remarks before I hear her footsteps retreating.

Sitting on my bed with the ads in front of me, I find myself overwhelmed. The numbers and letters all seem to blur together and I let out a groan as I let myself fall forward with my head on the bed.

I don’t know how long I let myself stay like that, but it feels like it’s been an hour when the phone rings. “I got it!” I yell out to Faith with my face still smushed against the bed.

“Hello?”

“Hey Buff. Good news.”

“What Xander?”

“Xand! Ask Buffy if she’s horny!” Faith asks as she picks up on the other phone.
“No! Don’t even think about it Xander. I’ll tell Anya.” Why can’t she just leave me alone?

“Well… anyway Buff. As I was saying, I have good news. I met this guy today and he just happens to be new in town and is looking for someone to split the rent over at his apartment. Granted I haven’t known the guy all that long but… he’s not asking much and I figured I’d set up a meeting and you two could work things out for yourselves. Ya know?”

“Why not? Can’t hurt to try, right?”

“Nope. So you wanna try for tomorrow?”

“Sounds good. Gimme a call later with the time. You can come pick me up.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“Will you tell me now?”

“Faith!” I yell before I hang up the phone.

Seconds later I hear my door creak open. There’s Faith.

“Yes! Okay? Now leave me alone.” I whine. I whine, but you also have to understand I’m holding back a laugh at her antics.

She grins, gives me the thumbs up and leaves.

I cover my face with my pillow and let out my laughs that I’ve been holding in.