Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you very much for the responses. Reading them always makes me giddy. I have a few chapters all ready for you but I'll post one a day for now. As I'm sure you could figure out all on your lonesomes, the italics are flashbacks. Enjoy.
Chapter Two
____________________________________

Buffy's POV


"Take your next left Xander… that should be Windoak Lane." Xander smoothly takes the left and we pull onto the road with houses decorating both sides. "Ok. Now we need to find 55."

"Gotcha." Xander mutters under his breath as he pulls into a driveway.

It's a house? How in the world am I supposed to pay half the rent on a house? It will be almost double what I pay now.

"C'mon Buff. At least take a look. Besides, you don't know what he's asking."

I put on a smile for Xander and climb out of the car. "He knows I'm pregnant, right?" He nods. Ok.

Making our way up to the front porch we hear a cell phone ring inside the car. I know that song? P.I.M.P.?

"50 cent? Xander? Wh-?"

He blushes and shrugs. "It's a phase?" he says as he runs back to the car.

Shaking my head I walk up to the door and knock. Seconds later the door opens and I feel like fainting.

"Well 'ello there cutie." The accent… the hair…. that grin. It's him. "I'm Spike. You must be Buffy?" He doesn't remember me?

"Y-yes." He smiles and holds out his hand. I wanna slap him and walk back out to the car. Instead I shake his hand.

"Hey guys, sorry about that." Xander says as he holds up his phone. "Anya demands y'know?" I offer him a small smile as I take my hand back. "So, Spike… how are you doin' buddy?"

"Good. Thanks. So, how about I show you two around?"

I smile a bit in response and Xander starts blabbing on about something. I'm not really paying attention. The living room is nice and roomy. Big television, leather sofa, big bookshelves filled with books. Next was the kitchen which also serves as a dining room. I keep looking around at all of this expensive stuff and I can't help but wonder where he got all the money for this. I wonder what he does.

During that one night I never bothered to ask him too much about himself. Not that he would have let me. He liked talking and asking questions about me. The more we look around his place, the more I realize I can't move in with him. I can't just barge back into his life. I left him, I'm the one that made the decision to leave. I'm the one that told him not to bother with the condom that night. Now I have to deal with the consequences on my own. He didn't ask for a kid. It's not his fault. He looks pretty content to be a bachelor.

"There are two rooms that you can choose from to be yours. This one is a bit larger." He opens the door and the room is painted a white with a tint of blue. There are two small windows on either side of a larger one. "You can paint the room before you move in if you want. I don't really care." I walk back out of the room he tells me that there are three bathrooms. One across from my room, one downstairs, and the other is connected to his room. His room. Right next to mine.

My hands rub my stomach as my thoughts begin to drift back to that night. His mouth burned mine as he had dropped me onto his bed. Does he have the same bed? The same sheets that I twisted in my hands as I writhed under his touch?

"Buffy?" My head snaps up at my name.

"Huh?"

"Is that okay with you?" At my confused look Xander sighs. "I have to go to the store for Anya so I figured that I would run there while you and Spike talk. Figure out if this would work or not."

"Sure. Why not?"

"Okay. I'll be back in about thirty." He hugs me then he's off.

"You an' Harris been friends a while?" I turn around and William/Spike is leaning against the wall looking at me.

"Since high school." He nods and walks past me.

"Come with me, luv."

"Come with me , luv." As soon as he says the words the world around me explodes as he thrusts into me one last time. I'm dizzy and don't want to move. I don't think my body has ever felt as sated as it does this moment. He lets his body collapse onto mine for a second before he rolls off to the side, draping an arm across my flat stomach. "Told you I could be good, Elizabeth."

"You did. But how about this time you be bad?"

"I'll be the baddest." He growls in my ear and my body is already calling for him.


"You coming?" Spike asks as he peeks his head around the corner.

Not yet.

"Yeah." I walk to the living room and take a seat on the far end of the couch away from him.

"I didn't forget you, pet. I know who you are."

"I-"

"Don't bother to explain anything. Why you left is none of my business." I can't read him. I can't tell if he's bitter or happy. I have no clue what's running through his mind. "So you're uh-?" He gestures towards my stomach.

"Pregnant? Yeah." Please don't figure it out.

"Father?"

"Missing in action. Things didn't work out." Yeah, because I left. Thankfully he doesn't bother to ask any more questions, he just nods his head. "Xander said you had an apartment."

"I told him I had a place."

"Oh. How much are you asking?"

"Hundred?" He asks more than he tells.

"That's it? There is no way that pays for half of the rent."

"You're right. I really don't need help payin' for anything really. Harris mentioned a friend of his needed a place. I have the room. I offered. Truth is my grandfather died. Left me all sorts of money I'm just tryin' to get rid of it."

I want to tell him that I don't need charity, that I can find another place. Then I start getting flashes of Faith in my head and how happy she is that this guy asked her to move in with him. If I move in here I will also have money to save up for my own place, and to pay for all of those doctor's bills I know are going to keep piling up as this pregnancy continues. The list of pro's outweigh the con's.

"Ok."

"Ok?"

"I'll move in. If you don't mind."

"Not at all, pet. Glad that we've got that out of the way."

"Do you smoke? I kinda remember you carrying a pack when we first met."

"Tryin' to quit. 'Sides, I can take it outside if you need me to."

"Thank you. I'll uh… I'll move out before the baby comes. Don't want to hassle you with a baby." Even though the baby is yours.

"No rush. Stay as long as you need. When do you need to move in?"

"Faith and I don't have to be out of our apartment for two weeks, but if it's okay with you I'd like to move in sooner. It's uh- Sunday right?" He nods. "So how about I start bringing some of my stuff over Saturday?"

"That's fine. Everything covered then?"

"I think so." Xander!!!!! Come back and pick me up now!

"Now if you don't mind I do have a question for you. Why did you tell me your name was Elizabeth?"

"Why did you say yours was William?"

"It is."

"Same here."

After sitting in silence for a minute my thigh starts to vibrate as my cell phone rings. Flipping my phone open I answer, "Hello?"

"Hey B. It's me. Xander boy got a call from Anya and it was apparently an emergency or whatnot. Probably just meetin' for a nooner but he asked me if I'd come pick you up." A knock comes from the door and Spike leaves to go answer it. "So I said why not. While I'm there you can show me around. That is if you're going to take the place."

"I am." Just then the phone disconnects as she hangs up.

"Good." Faith says from the doorway. "I would have hated to get out of the car for nothing."

Spike- William- whoever the fuck he is smiles at me from behind Faith and motions that he'll be in the kitchen.

"So this is your new place? Nice work B. By the way, you need to introduce me to that yummy hunk of meat."

"You have Angel."

"I know. I said introduce. Doesn't mean I'm gonna jump his bones. I won't move in on your territory. But I do see why you took this place. He's a nice fixture. Maybe he can help soothe that libido of yours that is in overdrive."

As soon as the words are out of her mouth we hear coughing coming from the doorway to the hall. Faith starts laughing at the flustered Spike.

"I uh- was just making sure I closed the door." He said pointing towards the door with the beer in his hand. "But now I see that it is. Closed. So I'll be on my merry way." With that I can hear him taking the stairs two at a time.

"Did I scare him away already? Was it something I said?" Faith asks.

I grab her arm and we head to the door.

"We're leaving! Thank you for everything." I yell up the stairs.

"There's a key on the stand near the door. It's yours to the house. Call me an' give me a heads up before you come over. That way I can make sure I'm here to help you move your stuff." He says as his form appears at the top of the stairs looking down.

"Will do. Thanks." I make sure I grab the key and give him a little wave before I leave. Once we're in the car Faith is grinning.

"I saw that."

"Saw what?"

"Come on Buffy. You and him got it something wicked."

"I'm pregnant Faith."

"So… some guys go for that kind of stuff."

"And you think he's the man for the job? No. Now drive." The more we talk about it the more I'm gonna think about that night and it'll make me want it all over again. Make me want him.

"Alright. Have it your way. Mark my words though, you two are gonna get it on. I heard that when it's close to the due date sex helps speed up the process. Is it true?"

"I told you. Find out for yourself." I smile and lean my head against the window. Watching the houses as we drive back to our apartment. Only one week until I move in. Only one week to mentally prepare myself for living with Spike.

One week… actually, six days… same difference.