Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you soooooo much for all the responses. Spike will figure it out eventually :P
Chapter Three
__________________________________

Spike’s POV


As soon as the front door closed I was down the stairs. She was here. Elizabeth was here. After five months I can see her again. Imagine my surprise when I found her at my doorstep. I open my door and instant Elizabeth… only to my surprise she doesn’t go by Elizabeth. She goes by Buffy. Buffy. Buffy. I have to get used to calling her Buffy. Not Elizabeth like I have been saying in my head for the past five months.

That night was great. A magical night. I go into the club Red Hot with the intention of getting piss drunk, instead I come out happy as a bird with a little blonde spitfire on my arm. I practically jumped her on her car. I didn’t want to let her out of my sight. The whole ride to my house all I could think of was the ways I was going to make her scream my name. I could already hear her panting, “William… Oh god yes! William!”

Well… maybe not quite like that. ‘Cuz that just sounds bloody ridiculous. But something like that.

When her car pulled up behind mine outside of my apartment I was on her in a flash. I don’t know if I even left her time to close her car door.

“Mmmm… William. We should bring this inside.” Elizabeth whimpered. God how I love her voice. ‘Specially when it’s all throaty like that.

Against my will I separate from her and lead her by the hand to the apartment building and up the stairs. Once inside my apartment she shut the door and turned around to me. One look into her eyes and I had her pushed her up against the door. Her legs wrapped around my waist as our lips pressed harshly together. I know she can feel my arousal. With a twist of my hips I grind up against her. She lets out a moan and drags her mouth down to my neck.

“Like that do you, pet?”

“Mmmmhmmm. Bed. Now.”

“Whatever you say Elizabeth.”


Yes. A magical night. The morning? Not so magical. I wake up with the scent of Elizabeth all around me but no Elizabeth. I scoured my house for a note, a number, anything. I didn’t find one. But she was so kind as to leave her panties. Why? I don’t know.

Now she’s pregnant. Not with my baby. That’s okay. She said the father was MIA. Friggin idiot. Leave her like this. I would never do that to her. I know she had her reasons for leaving me. I just hope that while she’s here with me, she’ll wanna stay.

Saturday. Saturday she moves in. One week. Well, technically it’s six days, but still.

So much to do.


Saturday


I’ve been sitting on the couch since eight this morning. Waiting. Waiting for Elizab- Buffy to call. Now it’s almost noon and still no call.

If only Mum could see me now. I’m like a child waiting for Christmas morning.

Buffy’s POV


“Call him B!”

Faith has been waiting to get out of here and move my stuff to the house with Spike.

“No.” I mutter as I sit on top of the box that Faith is trying to move. “I’m not ready. I haven’t… I haven’t said a proper goodbye to every person in this building.”

“Look, Buffy. What is your deal? You said you were five by five with this.”

“Well I’m not. I’m only five by three. Deal with it.”

“B? Tell me what the deal is.”

What’s the deal? I can’t move in with this baby’s father. I’ll let it slip. Besides does he really seem like the type to have kids? Black clothes, black nail polish, bleach blond hair, blue eyes to drown in.

I let out a groan as my thoughts begin to turn into another direction.

“I don’t know. I guess it’s just my hormones. Overdrive y’know?”

Faith stares intently at me for a second. “No. I don’t B. But not to fret. I’ll put on my understanding face and go with the flow. ‘Cuz I know there’s more to this than you are letting on. I’ll let it slide for now. As long as you give that new hotness of yours a call.”

She nudges me off of the box and carries it downstairs. Breathing quietly I can hear Xander and Angel bickering as they take apart my bed and I look at the phone. It’s gotta happen sooner or later, right? Quickly I pick up the phone and dial Spike’s number before I have breakdown and decide I’d rather take my chances living in a Wal-Mart.

Spike’s POV


C’mon now! Call dammit. I stare at the phone almost willing it to call. Call. Call. Call. Call. Please?

I’m taken out of my zone as the phone actually does ring.

Buffy!

My hand shoots out and picks up the phone. I take a deep breath and, “’ello?”

“Yes, hello sir. This is Mark from AT&T calling-“

“What do you think you’re doing? I am waiting for a very important phone call. Take me off of your bleedin’ list.” Then I hang up. Told him.

Not two seconds later the phone rings again.

“What about ‘leave me alone’ don’t you understand? I’m happy with my current phone service provider.”

“Umm... Spike?”

“Buffy?” I let my head drop onto the back of the couch. “Sorry ‘bout that. Telemarketers make me see red and things of that sort.”

“Oh. Um… well I was wondering if Faith and I could stop by now to start bringing in boxes?” Her voice… angelic.

“That’s fine. I’ll be here to help. See you in a bit then, luv.”

“Yeah. Bye.”

“Good-bye.”

She’s finally on her way over. My heart is still beating a mile a minute.

I need… I need… I need a smoke. Yeah. That’ll calm me down. Just one though. Oh who am I kidding? The whole soddin’ pack couldn’t tame me now. No smoking. Don’t want to smell like smoke for her. Can’t have her inhaling any smoke with a baby on the way. So what can I do in the meantime?


Buffy’s POV


When Faith and I pull up, her on the sidewalk and me in the driveway, she begins to grab a box and I make my way inside to alert Spike that we’re here. I lightly tap on the door before opening it. I almost want to fall to the floor laughing as I walk in and see Spike rapidly pacing the living room floor mumbling to himself.

“Spike?” I startle him from his stupor, and I grin. “What are you doing?”

“It’s a thing… that I do. When I… I’m trying to quit smoking and… Bloody hell! It’s a thing. It’s not like you don’t do it. Everybody does.”

I put up my hands in surrender at his outburst.

“Everybody does do it, right? Not just me?” I throw him a sympathy smile as Faith walks in behind me.

“Heya Spikey boy, why don’t you put that delish body you got there to good use? Grab some boxes.”

Spike lets out a long drawn out sigh. “Yes ma’am.” He says as he drags his feet towards the car.

Me? I wander. Because it smells… It smells sweet… almost flowery. That’s because it is flowery. In the kitchen flowers are on the table, flowers are in the hallway, and as I make my way upstairs there are even some in the bathroom and on my window sill. I’m too busy sniffing the flowers in my room to hear someone come up the stairs.

“Thought you might like to have them. You know. Move in with some touch of femininity. It’s just been me livin’ here for the past month. It probably smelled like beer or smoke or both. An’ here I am just blabbing on about stuff that you probably don’t even care about so I’m just going to put this down and…” He motions downstairs and leaves. Leaves me with a grin on my face.

“Ooooh B! That’s so sweet it actually makes me kinda queasy.” Faith laughs. I push her out of the bedroom and I follow her down the stairs to help unload.

This is going to be a long day.