Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so very much for the responses I got from you. I have one more chapter finished to post after this. I don't know when chapter six will be out because I want to finish chapter two of The Truth first. Read and respond please!
Chapter Four
______________________________

Spike’s POV


“I’m gonna go get a beer. Want anything?” I offer to Buffy as I get up from my spot on the couch.

“No thanks. Actually! Apple juice sounds good. If you don’t mind? I brought some with me. Which reminds me… you have like no food. I’ll have to go shopping tomorrow. You can leave a list of things you want… or you can come with me.” Her voice lowers as she adds the last part about me going with her.

“Ok.”

I make my way into the kitchen and open the refrigerator. There is actually apple juice in my house. Apple juice! I was ready to deal with the flowers, hell I bought them! But apple juice? Next thing I know I’ll be finding those nutri-grain bar things in my cupboards.

I guess it is a small price to pay though. I fill a glass with the foul liquid they call apple juice and grab a beer.

“What is Brazil.” When I get back out to the living room Buffy has flipped the channel to Jeopardy. I didn’t get the question but she seems to think it is Brazil.

“No. I’m sorry Michael. The correct answer is ‘What is Czechoslovakia.’”

“Who does that Sajak guy think he is anyway?” Buffy says in response to hearing that she was wrong.

I hand her the glass and sit back into my spot. “I think you mean Trebec. Sajak is for Wheel of Fortune, pet.”

“Oh. Same diff.” A slight blush covers her cheeks and I find it to be one of the most attractive things I have seen in a long time.

It is sort of awkward having her here now. When she left I thought I’d never see her again. Now here she is sitting on my couch watching tv with me. The only real ice breaker we’ve had to getting to know each other was five months ago. All that really told me is where she likes to be touched. I have no clue about anything else, aside from the fact that Jeopardy is NOT her game.

She continues to attempt to answer all of the questions even though she is wrong ninety-five percent of the time. All I can do is watch her. Her golden hair, bronzed skin, full pink lips. How could anyone leave her? She’s full of life… she’s beautiful… she’s… she’s touching me?

“Spike? You in there?” Buffy asks.

“Yeah… sorry spaced out. What’s the matter?” Even though she has my attention, she has yet to remove her hand from my arm.

“I said that I’m going to go unpack a couple more things up in my room before I went to sleep. So, goodnight.” She smiles and heads up the stairs.

“Night.”

I let out a sigh, close my eyes, and lay across the couch putting my head on the armrest where Buffy had been leaning not moments ago. I can still smell her.

“Spike?” Buffy says above me.

Opening my eyes the first thing I see is her hazel ones as she is leaning over the back of the sofa.

“Yeah pet?”

“Thank you. For… everything. I know this has to be a bit uncomfortable for you. And… yeah. Thank you.” She says with a smile and I hear her make her way back up the stairs.

“No problem, luv.” I utter even though I know she can’t hear me. “No problem at all.”

Buffy’s POV


With a yawn and a stretch I slowly make my way across the hallway. Mornings are no fun. So much to do, and tomorrow is back to hell. Oops. I mean work. Actually my job isn’t bad. Not at all. Doctor’s office. Kids. What more could a pregnant woman ask for?

I’m about to start my shower when I catch a whiff of something that smells really good. Food good. Walking back out of the bathroom I go downstairs. When I get in the kitchen I find Spike… cooking.

“Whatcha making?”

Not even sparing me a glance, “French toast. Want some? It’ll be done in a minute.”

“Thanks. Where are the plates?” He nods his head towards the cabinets next to me.

Spike’s POV


Out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of Buffy and almost drop the French toast I was transferring onto her plate. My eyes go wide and I’m trying not to laugh.

“What?” She asks, her hands fly up to her face.

“Not your face, pet.” Her hands slide back into her hair. She grumbles and throws me a nasty look. What? I’m not the one that mussed up her hair. Not this time at least.

I slightly tug on her silken stands so I can get better access to her neck. Her hands are roaming my back as I hold myself above her. I place open-mouthed kisses over the marks I’ve already left on her. My fingers keep playing with her hair, I can’t help it.

“If you don’t stop that I am going to have a knot the size of your fist stuck in my hair when I wake up.”

I grunt and move one hand away from her hair. “What do you suggest I do with them then?”

She grasps my hand and leads it down the smooth expanse of her stomach, straight down to her hot center. “Here would be nice.”


“Aren’t you going to eat?” Buffy asks, tearing me away from the all too frequent daydream.

“Yeah.” But not right now. Now I have to… go… upstairs. Try to make my pants fit a bit more comfortably. “I just gotta go upstairs for a few minutes.”

Buffy’s POV


What the hell was that all about? One minute he’s making fun of my hair, the next he’s not even mentally here, then he’s running up the stairs? Men. I’ll never understand them.

I try to hold off on eating without him, it just feels kind of rude, but my stomach growls. I take in a deep breath then reach for the bottle of maple syrup that is sitting in the middle of the table and pour it generously over my breakfast. I pat my stomach, “I know… I’m working on feeding you. If only Daddy would hurry up.”

I’m halfway done with my breakfast by the time Spike walks back into the kitchen and takes his seat with his pile of French toast.

“All better?” I ask.

He clears his throat and nods. I smile and shake my head.

Guys.

“You up for grocery shopping later? You don’t have nearly enough ice cream.”

He opens his mouth to say something but instead stuffs it with french toast. My gaze fixes in his mouth as he chews then licks his lips to get the remaining syrup.

“Do that again.” I murmur against his sweat slicked neck.

“Do what again, luv?” He licks his way from my breast to where I really need him. “This?” He slides his tongue inside me and I let out moan. This man’s mouth is incredible. With the help of his thumb he brings me to another orgasm within minutes.

Breathless, I lead him back up my body and bring his mouth to mine. My hand roams his back and down around to his erection. The taste of myself on my lips makes me ache.

I push him onto his back and straddle his hips. “Your turn.” I grin and slide down his body. His hands tangle in my hair and I slide the length of him into my mouth.

“Anybody e’er tell you you got an incredible mouth Elizabeth?”

“Elizabeth?” Spike asks. He already has our plates cleared and washed. Now he’s just kneeling in front of me looking at me.

“Buffy.” I correct him.

“I know. But you weren’t answering to that. You okay? You’re looking a bit pink.”

If you only knew. I rub my thighs together to help ease the ache that builds every time he is around.

“Fine. I’m fine. I just need to go shower. If you’re going shopping with me be ready in about a half an hour.”

I can’t get to that shower soon enough.

Spike’s POV


Why did I agree to this? I thought that by going to the grocery store I could stop Buffy from buying too much crud. But no.

I now have those tasteless rice cake things sitting next to my Little Debbie snack cakes. Ben & Jerry are getting all cozy next to some of that Lean Cuisine stuff. Whole milk and skim… on one shelf.

“You’re pregnant. Why are you eating this taste bud unfriendly food? Isn’t now the time for uncanny food choices and eating for two?”

The look she sends me makes me hold up my hands in front of me. As if they can help me now.

“Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I have to be fat.”

Who said anything about being fat? Ugh. Women. Taking a seat, I just sit back and observe as she finds her way through the cupboards. My fingers itch to tangle in her hair and to run along that smooth skin of hers. My sight goes to tunnel vision and all I can see is her. Against my will I stand up and reach out to touch her hair.

“Can you get that?” Huh? I shake my head and pause with my hand merely inches from her. “The door.” She nods her head toward the hallway.

“Door. Right. Got it.” I open the door and Buffy’s friend is at the door. Faith was her name? Cute thing. Pretty face. Nice body. But not Buffy. Doesn’t she have a home?

“Heya Spikey my boy. Where’s B?”

I raise one eyebrow at her sigh at the nickname. Spikey… how I hate that supposed term of endearment. None the less I lead her back to the kitchen. Faith thanks me and slaps my ass as she walks past to go see Buffy.

“Nice. Firm. Keep up the good job.” She says with a wink.

Buffy turns and mock scolds her saying it’s not nice to grope the roomie. Faith merely laughs and pulls Buffy in for a hug. Seeing the two press their bodies against each other is enough to make any man crazy so I decide to leave before my mind decides to run amuck with the image.

“I’ll just be… around.” I pull my duster off a nail in the wall by the door, pat the inside pocket to make sure my smokes are still in there and walk out the door.

Faith’s POV


“Now you can’t tell me that I’m the only one getting lady wood from that man.”

“Lady wood, Faith?”

“Yeah, you know, female equivalent to a male erection.”

“I know what you meant.” She rolls her eyes at me but I know she’s got dirty little thoughts running around in her head. And as her best friend, it’s my job to get her to act on them.

“So, how are the hormones?”

“There. But I’ve already told you Faith. Nothing is going to happen.”

“Why not? Don’t even tell me he’s not your type. He’s everyone’s type. If I didn’t have Angel I’d be on him in a heartbeat.”

I understand the pregnancy has her on edge since the father’s MIA but a girl’s got to do what a girl’s gotta do, right?

“It’s not that simple. It’s a complicated mess.”

“What’s so complicated about it? A few nice words… or dirty if that’s what you prefer, a little finger manipulation here and there, several nice hard thrusts, some moans. And voila! It’s a nice orgasm.” I had expected Buffy to blush or laugh at me, but what I see now is not at all what I expected.

She’s crying.

“B? Buffy? What’s the matter?” She slides her hands over her face and wipes at the tears falling down her cheek.

“That’s what got me into this to begin with.”

Color me shocked.

“What do you mean? With him? Spike?”

She nods.

“Does he know it’s his?” I don’t know why I even bothered to ask. I know the answer is no. Suddenly the past weeks events all seem to make sense. “Why don’t you tell him?” The look on her face is so miserable. I pull her into my arms and let her cry.

“I can’t. I mean what am I supposed to say? Hey, remember that night a few months ago? You know, the one where we humped like bunnies? Oh! Then the next morning I left without so much as a good-bye. Yeah, well, surprise I’m pregnant!”

Well, when she says it like that…

“I hate to be the sound of reason. You know I do. But have you thought that maybe he deserves to know? He seems to have this weird but cute thing for you as it is. Maybe sit down and talk about this. ‘Sides don’t you think it’s going to come out eventually anyway?”

Oh how I hate to be the voice that speaks with reason.

Buffy pulls back and looks at me.

“You’re right.”

“You know it.”

“But not today. I need to think of the perfect way to break it to him… probably when I’ve already found a new place to live because he’s probably gonna kick me out when he realizes he doesn’t want the responsibility.”

Does she really think that? Does she not see the way he looks at her?

Blondes.

We hear the front door open and close.

“Well. I doubt that would happen. Trust me. Anyway, I forget the reason why I came over. So, I’m just going to head on back over to Angel’s. You still have to come over and check out the place. I’ll give you the grand tour.”

As Spike rounds the corner into the kitchen I say goodbye and head into the hallway.

Peeking into the kitchen I watch as Spike takes a good look at Buffy.

“You been cryin’, pet?” He asks as he puts a hand on her shoulder.

Buffy sniffles one last time and nervously laughs as she wipes away the mascara that had begun to drip onto her cheeks.

For a moment she looks like she’s going to tell him, instead she gives him a smile and says that she’s okay. They stare into each other’s eyes for what seems like forever. I let myself out the door. I’ll step back for now. I may not need to go all Cupid on them after all.

They’re goners.

Spike’s POV


When I walked in and saw that Buffy had been crying I had no clue what to do. I felt protective, I wanted to hold her. Hell I didn’t even hear Faith leave.

There’s just something about Buffy that takes me out of my element. I’m usually fully loaded with wise-cracks and remarks, but with her I lose them. I want her. God help me, I want this woman.

I tried getting her to tell me what was wrong but she’s a stubborn bird. When I realized there was no way I was going to win I suggested that we go rent some movies. She told me to go pick some out and she’d stay home and order dinner. I got home about a half an hour later and she had changed into a tank top and gray sweatpants and was wearing a robe over it. She looked like an angel.

“What next? Horror flick or comedy?” I ask after the first movie finished.

“Mmmmm…. How about Pirates of the Caribbean?”

What?

“Buffy? We just finished watching that. That’s enough Disney for me for one night. How about something filled with blood and gore?” I smirk.

She pouts and I’m toast. Done for. Dead. Goner.

“Pirates it is, luv.”

The smile on her face is enough to keep me happy. Next time it’ll take more than that.

I push the play button and the movie starts up again.

Buffy lays down scrunched up on her half of the couch and pulls the blanket up over her.

“You look crammed there, luv. Why don’t you spread out?” I ask and grab her ankles, letting her feet rest on my lap. Unconsciously my fingers begin to massage them.

Buffy moans and says thank you.

My pleasure.

*************************************


Two hours later the movie ends and I happily turn off the movie.

“You up for another?” I ask. When she doesn’t answer I look over and find her sleeping. “Guess not.”

Scooping her up in my arms I carry her up the stairs and lay her in her bed. She was so small to begin with that with the extra weight that she put on from the pregnancy she was still easy to carry. Albeit a little bit more awkward due to the growth but nothing this man can’t handle.

I slide her robe off of her and revel at the feeling of her bare skin as my hands glide it off of her shoulders. As I cover her with the comforter her breaths begin to get a bit more shallow and it almost sounds as if she’s moaning.

What the hell could she possibly be dreaming of?

Buffy’s POV


“Spike… harder.” I moan against his lips as he thrusts deep inside me. “Please.” He acquiesces to my request and he is suddenly reaching deeper inside. He grinds up against my clit as his erection brushes against the sweetest spot. “Right there.”

I feel the fire in my stomach becoming unbearable and I thrust up against him trying to reach release.

He keeps saying my name like a mantra and kissing me. Anywhere his lips can reach. I lick the side of his neck and savor the salty taste of his sweat as he pounds me into the mattress.

I squeeze my internal muscles and he rigorously continues to slide into me as far as possible.

“You keep breathing like that, luv, and you’re going to pass out.”

I don’t care.

He lightly nips at my collarbone and the fire inside explodes. My whole body tightens around him. I try to keep my voice down as my orgasm washes over me but I am unsuccessful.

Spike groans as his thrusts become sporadic. His own body shakes with release as he rests on top of me.

He opens his mouth to say something but all that comes out is a beeping sound.

He beeps?


My eyes fly open at the offending sound I look over at the alarm clock. 7:30. I whine and hit the off switch.

Of course it was a dream. How could that possible be real?

With a sigh, I swing my legs over the side of the bed. Standing, I groan at the wetness between my thighs.

“Massaging showerhead, here I come... I hope.”