Author's Chapter Notes:
I want to thank Heather for Beta'ing this for me and a thank you goes out to all who reviewed! It feels great to know this many people read it :) Here's the long chapter that most of you have been waiting for. It will probably be about this time next week that chapter seven will come out. Enjoy!
Chapter Six
--------------------------------------------
Spike’s Point of View



“Yes, Dad. I know that it is important that I get these things in order. I understand what I need to do, the bird lost her mind. I need to make it right.” Rupert Giles… my father… the royal pain in my ass.

“Son, you are a grown man. Taking responsibility for your misjudgments should have been at the forefront of your mind. Not chasing some girl when you already have your hands full. You are not only leaving yourself vulnerable, you are leaving the company as a whole in jeopardy.”

“I got it. I made a mistake and I will fix it.”

“Good to know. However, I have a personal investment in this matter and I find it necessary that all parties involved be present for the ending of this nightmare.”

Oh holy hell.

“By all parties do you mean…” I let it hang in the air because he knows what I am referring to.

“Yes. Now deal with it, son. We will all be arriving shortly.” The phone clicks on the other end and that is the end of that.

I hang up the phone and walk into the kitchen. Buffy is sifting through the cupboards. “What are you looking for?” I ask. Instead of looking at me she begins to climb up onto the counter to get a better look. I’m no doctor but I am pretty sure that she is not supposed to be doing that. “Pet? Would you like some help? Just tell me what you are looking for and I will gladly get it for you.” I pull her back slightly and set her on the floor.

“You signed on for a housemate, not to take care of a short pregnant lady. I can get it myself.” Buffy crosses her arms in front of her and glares at me. Something tells me that she is a force not to be reckoned with.

“Doesn’t matter. I know you don’t want to risk hurting the lil’ one.”

She straightens her shirt and brushes herself off.

“Cookies. I want the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.” She sighs.

Cookies? She was looking so hurriedly for cookies? Easily, I move the food around the cupboard. Finding the package of cookies, I hand them to Buffy. Her eyes light up. “Cravings?” I ask.

“Like you wouldn’t believe.” She smiles. She sniffs the cookies and smiles again, this time she jumps up and gives me a hug. Her hands rest at the back of my neck and her touch is still as soft as I remember.

Her hands are driving me out of my mind. “How’s that?” She questions as she drags her hands over my skin. The soft touch strokes over my erection causing me to breathe in sharply.

“You don’t want to do that, Elizabeth.”

“Fine, have it your way.” She says, removing her hands from my body. My eyes pop open in shock. She actually stopped! She smiles at my quizzical look. I open my mouth to ask her what was going on and so does she. The only thing is she doesn’t say a word. Her mouth descends and I moan. Elizabeth lets her tongue dance lightly over my cock before she glides the entire thing into her mouth.

“Luv?”

“Hmmm?” She makes a noise with her lips still tightly wrapped around. It feels like heaven.

“Never mind.” I let my head rest against the pillow and my hands bury themselves into her golden locks, helping her keep the rhythm. When she goes all the way down my cock I feel myself enter her throat and am close to losing it. I am one lucky man, it is not every day that you find a deep throater. That is, unless you pay for it. “You’re a diamond, pet.”

I lift her up along my body for a kiss. Without warning she slides me inside and starts riding me for all that I am worth. She lifts herself high enough off me to leave only the tip inside, then slams herself down to the hilt. My hands raise up and cup her perky breasts, squeezing her hardened nipples. Her movements begin to get frantic and she begins moaning louder. Removing my left hand, she slips it between her legs never once breaking her stride. I love women like her. Straight to the fucking point. I flick my thumb over her clit and she tenses up. Her sounds come closer together and louder.

Elizabeth cries out and arches her back. Her body shudders as she orgasms. My hands grip her hips to keep her pace going. Within seconds the clenching of her slick walls takes it’s toll on me, my hips buck up one last time and I force her down as hard as I can. I spill myself into her and release her. Her body collapses on top of mine, her head falling on my chest.

She lets out a satisfied sigh.

“Thank you.”

“No, pet. I have to thank you. It has been so long since I have had the pleasure of even half of that.”

We remain this way for a while until she begins to sway her hips and groans.

“What?” I ask. She lifts her head and grins. Oh no. ”You nympho. This is the last time, I do need to get up tomorrow.” I may protest, but I am always up for more.


The doorbell rings, drawing me out of my memory.

Buffy looks at me, “I’ll be upstairs.”

“You don’t have to. You live here, no need to hide.”

“Don’t worry about it. This is not any of my business.” Buffy heads up the stairs with her cookies and a glass of milk.

With a sigh, I walk into the hallway and stop at the front door. Here goes nothing. I open the door and am pushed back by the woman I want the least to do with.

“What a nice place, my William.”

“Drusilla.” My wife. Soon to be ex-wife. We met back in high school. I was a mess over being dumped by Cecily, and Drusilla was there for me to drown my sorrows in. As a rebellious teenager you think that being a little odd is the “cool” thing to be. Drusilla has always been a bit flaky and it used to be endearing. I wanted love, she wanted a play toy. We got married fresh out of school, what a mistake. Over the course of the next few years she drained me of my money.

She wanted expensive clothes, vintage jewelry, and an on-call psychic, Miss Edith, I believe. The old bat kept telling Drusilla of a doll of hers that I would cheat on her with. Unbelievably, she actually kept her dolls in a locked cabinet. She didn’t want me to stray. Imagine my surprise when I come home to find her in bed with some Angel fellow. I said my good riddance and left.

That night I went out for some beers, found Elizabeth that night. Went about getting a divorce the next day. Drusilla decided that she wanted more from the settlement than she ever made in her entire life. As my wife she had acquired a share in the business, my father wants to make sure she doesn’t retain it.

“William, aren’t you going to show me and Miss Edith around?” Drusilla beckons the old bat inside.

“Hello Mister Giles.” She acknowledges.

“Miss Edith.“ I grit out between clenched teeth.

After her enters my father and a couple lawyers. “Son.” He says and looks over at the psychic. “Dear lord, are you still paying for her?”

Do I need to say anything? Hell, do I need to be here? I know that between these people I will not get in a single word.

I watch as the women start looking around. “Don’t go snooping. I’ll lead you to the dining room, we can get this all settled in there.”

Miss Edith whispers something to Drusilla, causing her to look at me with pointed eyes. “Aren’t you going to give us a tour? Let us get reacquainted before going through such hardships.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t seem to remember you introducing me to your lover boy before you desecrated our bed.” I smile as I get a mental picture of me spewing venom at her and she’d burn to the bloody floor like the wicked witch of Sunnydale that she is.

She playfully smacks my arm. “Do not be ridiculous, let us have a look.” Drusilla walks around the house despite my protests. Rupert and the lawyers make their way to the dining room taking seats and working out minor details. “William, my you have become quite the housekeeper. Flowers and colors are everywhere.” She heads towards the stairs and I double my efforts to deter her. It is not that I do not want her to know about Buffy, more like I do not want Buffy to have to deal with her.

My enthusiasm piques her curiosity and she brushes forcefully past me and up the stairs. If I were the same guy I were in high school I would have gotten rough with her, but what can I say? I’ve gotten soft in my old age.

Drusilla makes her way down the hall and stops at Buffy’s door that had been left open. “My you move fast.” She tells me. I make my way down and find Buffy slowly getting off of her bed, putting a book off to the side.

“Hello.” Buffy says tentatively. “I’m Buffy.” She walks over to Dru and extends her hand. Miss Edith says something to Dru and she grins slyly. Taking her hand she introduces herself.

“I’m Drusilla. William’s wife.”

Buffy’s Point of View


Wife? I should have known. Wait! No I shouldn’t have, he doesn’t wear a ring, he doesn’t mention it. How the hell should I have known? Looking her over I feel so small and fat. She is tall and lean with legs that would make a supermodel jealous. How do I compete with that? I know there has to be a look of confusion or shock on my face, and this woman and her creepy Quasimodo friend seem to relish in it.

“Ex-wife.” Spike interjects. “Well, soon at least.” He coughs and scratches the back of his head.

I should have closed the door. I should have closed it, looked through my baby name book and minded my own business. Alas, I had to be nosy and leave my door open hoping to hear what was going on. Go figure.

“How far along are you, dear?” She asks. I look down at my stomach.

“Five months.”

“You got awfully busy awful fast.” She tells Spike.

“Not mine, pet.” He tells her. Oh, if you only knew.

He would know, if I would just tell him. I have made my mind up, he will know tonight. If all goes well that is.

Spike’s Point of View


I’m ushering everyone out of the house. This damn divorce is taking way too long in my opinion. I wanted this done as quick as possible, Dru wanted it done getting as much as possible, and my father wanted it done with Dru getting as little as possible. She admitted to adultery in order to keep half of her percentage in the company. We all agreed and that was that. Aside from Dru’s comments when she first met Buffy, she behaved. She kept telling me about being responsible and that I have no idea what I am getting myself into. Personally, I thought that getting a divorce meant that I was getting myself out of something, not in. My father said only what was necessary to her and let that be the end of it.

The lawyers left, Drusilla and Miss Edith left, and now Buffy was walking Pops out. “It was very nice to meet you Buffy.” He tells her.

“Well, it was a pleasure to meet you too.” She chirps. She is just one big ray of sunshine.

“Would I be correct in assuming that my son is taking your condition into consideration?”

“He is being the epitome of considerate, sir.”

“Please, call me Giles. Everyone else seems to.”

Now, my father is not an affectionate man, however, you can always tell when he is fond of someone. If he asks to be called anything aside from Mr. Giles, then you are golden. Maybe he sees the same thing in her that I do.

Despite being short and young, with a bump for a belly, she seems to stand taller than anyone here. Her presence is overwhelmingly beautiful. His business here being done, my father says his good-byes and leaves.

Long after everyone leaves

Buffy’s Point of View


“Spike?” I ask as I stab another piece of my salad with my fork.

“Yeah?”

“Can we talk about something?”

“Sure.” I put my fork down. I’m not hungry. My stomach has been all tied up into knots, because I know that I will need to tell him. He deserves to know. I watch as he continues to slice the last of his steak.

“I kind of think I need your full attention to tell you this.” His blue eyes look confused as he gets up. He offers me a hand and I take it. I stand up and we walk out to the living room. He sits on the couch facing me as I sit sideways.

How do I do this? Do I put my hand on his leg for reassurance? Do I just come right out and say it? Will he scream and yell? Will he kick me out? I begin to feel sick.

“You okay, luv?” I look at him and my stomach flops. I nod my head. “Is this about Dru? She will not be coming back. No pesky woman to be a nuisance to us.”

“Us? There is an us?”

“Well, I would like there to be. I know you have not been living here long and we have not known each other any longer than that but, I would like to try.”

Great, he says he wants to try and date and I have to tell him he is the baby’s father. This is all sorts of screwed up.

I begin to cry. I feel so lost. I feel like a horrible person about to rip someone’s freedom away.

“I can’t do this.” Spike looks at me, visibly upset. “Not the thing about us. I would love to try that. I can’t tell you.”

“Cannot tell me what?” I keep sniffling and wiping the falling tears from my eyes. “Buffy? Buffy? What is wrong, Elizabeth?”

Elizabeth. God, the first time we met I hadn’t even told him my real name. When this baby was conceived he only knew me by the name I gave myself during my teenage “I hate my name” phase.

A frown sets on his face. “Out with it, pet.” He coaxes.

As if my prayers were answered, the phone rings. I have the perfect out now. He answers the phone, I make a break for my room and lock the door, never coming out.

“You should get that.” I am practically begging him. I don’t want to do this. Without saying a word he gets up and walks over to the phone. His hand on the receiver.

“Are you sure? We could ignore it.”

I want to scream “Yes! Pick up the freaking phone! Let me run away from my problems.” but no. I am an adult, I am about to be a mother in the next few months. I need to “grow a pair” and tell him the truth. He deserves to know. What if he doesn’t want to be a father? What if he feels obligated to do something he does not want to?

No! Buffy, deal with it.

“I’m pregnant.” I tell him.

He lets out a small chuckle and comes to sit next to me. “Yes, I know that.”

“No, I’m five months pregnant.” His look is slowly beginning to look more serious. “I remember the exact date, place, and general time this baby was conceived.” I tell him. Slowly, a look of recognition begins to pass over his face.

“Are you saying…?” He lets the question hang in the air. He already knows the answer. He begins to pace the floor.

“I have only had sex with one person in the past year, Spike.”

Spike’s Point of View


“Unprotected sex.” Of all the glorious memories that I have of that one night, not one of them contains me using a condom. Not a single one. This is the stuff that happens to idiot teenagers. They get all excited and do not even think. They have one goal and that is to stick it in. Here I am, twenty-six and doing the same thing.

Dru never wanted kids, and quite frankly, I never wanted them with her either. It was an unspoken bond between us. She took that pill everyday and everything went smooth. I figured that after her, I would remain a bachelor, single for the rest of my life. Then there was Buffy, vibrant and alone. If I ever had kids I had planned on the “dream”. Fall in love, engaged, married, buy the big house with the fence, get a dog, then possibly the kids. That’s not how this is happening though. I find the girl, while I am still technically married. Then my granddad kicks the proverbial bucket leaving me the big house with the fence, no dog, but a pregnant one night stand.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” I ask. Her eyes still full of tears, she tells me about how she didn’t want to bog me down, I shouldn’t pay for her mistakes. I want to hold her because she is crying but, I just get angry. “I lived in the same soddin’ apartment up until a month ago! You should have told me! I seem to remember being there with you, doing the deed. That makes this as much my situation as yours.”

My pacing is taking it’s toll on me and I need a smoke. Who am I kidding? I need the whole fucking pack to calm these nerves down. I grab my duster and go outside. Reaching in my pocket, I remember that I flushed the entire pack the day that Buffy moved in.

Buffy’s Point of View


When Spike leaves I begin to cry even harder. This is more than just pregnancy hormones. I knew I should have told him sooner, or never told him at all. I pick up the phone and dial the most familiar number.

Faith picks up her cell, “Hello?” She yells over loud music.

“Faith?” I squeak. I’m trying not to sound like a sniveling child but I can’t help it.

“B? What’s wrong?” She yells some more. Slowly, I hear the background noise start to fade. “Are you crying?”

“I told him. I told him and he left.” I let out another sob.

“Damn him. I’ll be there in a few.”

True to her word, she shows up several minutes later. She is clad in leather with her hair wild. She must have been partying.

“Buffy?” She says as she just bursts her way into the house.

She gives me a comforting hug and I tell her everything. About his wife, his father, about how he wanted to try being an “us”, about his reaction to the baby being his.

“It sounds to me like he needs time to let this sink in, babe.” She says as she smoothes my hair down. “Look at me.” She pulls my face up to look at her. “You are one sexy momma. He liked you before when he thought you were pregnant with someone else’s baby, and he will like you after. He likes you Buffy. Anyone could see it. Give him time. If he doesn’t? I will be your baby’s daddy.” She smiles. It makes me laugh a little and I begin to calm down. “Let’s get you and baby to bed. Okay?”

“Yeah, bed sounds good.” We go upstairs and I change for bed. She keeps me company while I brush my teeth and my hair. I climb in bed and she pulls the book off of my bed.

“Baby names?” She asks. “Did you find any good ones?”

I shake my head. “Not yet. I'm sorry I pulled you away from the fun.”

“Angel will understand. It’s not like we don’t party every weekend anyway.” She smiles and says goodnight and good-bye. I fall asleep.

Spike’s Point of View


I heard Buffy call Faith and decided to get the hell out of there. I went down the street to the gas station. The guy saw me and automatically went back to get me my cigarettes. It’s a perk to being a regular. I wait at the counter and I notice a display of stuffed animals. There are bears with banners saying, “It’s a boy!”, “It’s a girl!”, and then there is a lone pig boasting, “Baby’s first piggy”.

I can’t believe I am going to be a father. I am happy, but this is not how it was supposed to be. Is it a boy? Is it a girl? Oh god, please don’t let it be twins! Have I missed anything? I have no clue what goes on in a pregnancy. I have never been around one. What is my father going to say? I get divorced and find out that a girl is going to have my child all in the same day?

My head swirls with questions and the guy slides the pack across the counter. “Never mind those.” I tell him. “I can’t smoke.” He looks at me and smiles.

“I know that look.” He tells me. He reaches below the counter and drops a cigar on the counter instead. “Congratulations. It’s on me.”

*****************************************


I get home and notice that the lights are off. I park the car and make my way inside. There is a car parked in front of the house.

I hang up my duster and am thrown against the wall. I can’t see who it is but I have one guess.

“If you hurt her, I will slay you like a demon.” Faith. I turn on the light to find her already sitting on the back of the couch in the living room. Man, can she move. “I’m not saying that you have to be with her, or take care of her. I am saying do not hurt her. If you want her to leave, be nice about it. She does not need you to pity her. That is why she didn’t tell you sooner.”

“Anyone ever tell you that you are extremely strong for a girl?” I ask. She glares at me and I duck my head. “Alright. Look, I just needed time to process everything, okay?”

She nods her head. Her gaze is drawn to the floor. Walking over she picks up what I dropped when she assaulted me.

“A pig? It’s cute.” She tosses it in her hands for a second then slams it against my chest. “Behave.” Then she leaves. I am left standing there.

Did that really just happen? I kick off my boots and talk a walk upstairs. I knock slightly on Buffy’s door. I hear a grumble and I let myself in.

“Buffy?” She is laying on her bed, covered up. I sit on the edge of her bed. “I am sorry that I left. I needed time. Don’t think that you’re alone. I know this is not the most ideal situation, but I think it might be able to work out. I know I am willing to try.” She doesn’t say anything. I hand her the stuffed pig and head to the door. Buffy turns on the lamp next to her bed and looks at the pig. Her eyes well up with tears.

“Spike, don’t go.” She sniffles.

“Okay.” I walk over and she slides over in the bed. I turn off the light and lay down on top of the covers. I have only been in a bed with her once, and there wasn’t much sleeping going on. I guess that’s what got us here. She turns to me and lays her head on my chest. She tries to get close to me but she keeps squirming. “Can’t get comfy, luv?”

“No.” She sighs. “I’ve gained twelve pounds and it makes it hard to lay like this.” Pushing on her shoulder I roll her to her back. I rest her head on my left arm and turn on my side to cover her with my right.

“How’s that?”

“Downright cozy.” She yawns. She quickly drifts off to sleep and I find myself beginning to doze, listening to her breathing, my hand resting on her stomach. I can feel a small movement in her stomach. This isn’t so bad, hardly feels like a problem to me.