Author's Chapter Notes:
Please review!!
Buffy, Willow, and Dawn had looked in several different stores, and the three girls couldn’t find anything they liked. Buffy was about to give up, when she saw the one she wanted. She stopped dead in her tracks, and ran over to the window. It was a very pale pink, and would go well past her feet. It was a strapless dress, that had a shash that went around her shoulders. Also, it had a long trail that would follow behind her. Buffy looked over at Willow, and saw that she was nodding her approval. Buffy went into the store, and went straight to it. The clerk seeing her interest, walked over to her.

“ Hello, are you interested in looking at this dress?” Buffy grinned really big.

“ Yes, it’s the homecoming dance. I’d love to try it on, if that would be okay.” The girl looked at her apologetically.

“ I’m afraid that we only have this display left. Let me check what size it is, okay?” Buffy nodded, and looked at Willow desperately. The Clerk smiled at Buffy.

“ It looks like it’s a size 9, is that okay?” Buffy’s eyes got wide.

“ That’s perfect! Can I try it on?” Buffy shrieked when they handed her the dress to try on. Willow found a light blue dress that she liked. It was a shade darker then sky blue, and it was very tasteful. It had spagetti straps, and ligh sequence at the bottom. Dawn found a peach dress, that was similar to Buffy's, only it didn't have trail. They were all trying on the dresses, when they heard Drusilla’s voice.

“ I can’t believe they sold that dress. They were supposed to hold it for me, but they gave it to someone else. I should march myself up there right now and deman to know who they sold it to.” Buffy grinned, and walked out of her stall. She pretended not to see her, and examined herself in the mirror. Willow stepped out a few moments later, and Buffy squeaked.

“ Willow, you look so beautiful!” Willow grinned, and moved Buffy aside to look at herself in the mirror. Dawn was still trying hers on, but Drusilla walked over to Buffy.

“ You’re the one who bought that dress? You do realize that you are wearing my dress. If you’d be so kind as to hand it over.” Buffy gave her a look of disbelief and chortled.

“ Excuse me? I’m going to buy this dress, and the clerk didn’t say that it was on hold. If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go purchase my dress.” Drusilla glared at the other girl, contemplating doing bodily damage to her. She stalked away and left the store. Dawn finally emerged, wearing the strapless dress. Willow and Buffy both showered praise on her. The dress made her look grown up, and she was stunning.

The girls purchased their dresses, and were going to get something to eat. When they got to the food court, they saw a glimpse of Xander. Buffy shouted for him, but he didn’t hear her. She sighed, and was about to try again, when she saw Spike with him. Having upset her today with what he’d said about not defending Willow, she didn’t want to see him. she knew that it was childish to act like she didn't see them, but she didn't care. They continued on their way, and chose where they wanted to eat. Buffy chose to eat Chinese, and didn’t hear when Spike walked up behind her.

“ I don’t know how you eat that garbage. It’s really disgusting, love.” Buffy whipped around, and glared at Spike.

“ You’re not going to be eating it, are you? What are you doing here, anyway?” Spike shrugged.

“ Just hanging out with Harris, since you birds are shopping for your getup. I’m not even renting or buying a tux, I’m just going to wear one of my old suits.” Buffy couldn’t hide the giggle that formed in her throat.

“ You’re just going to wear one of your suits? Everyone there will be wearing tuxedos, why don’t you want to wear one?” Spike shrugged once again, not really wanting to answer.

“ I don’t feel like getting gussied up, you know? Besides, Drusilla isn’t my favorite choice, but they were limited.” Buffy looked at him with a confused expression.

“ If you don’t want to go with her, then why are you? I know you need a date, but you could always go with Amy.” Spike waved her off.

“ Believe it or not, but I asked Amy. She’s going with Larry, and Darla was going with some kid named Andrew. My only option was Drusilla, but I have gotten her told. If she so much as looks at Willow in the wrong way, she’s walking to the dance.” Buffy grinned at him.

“ That was sweet of you to do that. You did kind of hurt Willow’s feelings, you know.” Spike nodded. He knew he should go and let her eat her dinner, but he loved talking to her. He wanted to draw the moment out as long as possible.

“ I know, and I do plan on rectifying that fact. Well, I’m going to go and find where Harris has gone. I’ll see you tomorrow then? What time was everyone getting together?” Buffy sighed at him. The dance was tomorrow, on a Saturday.

“ I think we’re meeting at my house around five. We were thinking of getting something to eat first.” Spike nodded.

“ Alright then, I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Buffy waved and watched him go. She sometimes wondered why he’d never asked her out. Sure, it would have ruined their friendship, but it still didn’t stop her from wondering. Just as she was getting her food, Willow came up to her.

“ Wow, it’s taking a long time for you to get your food. What did Spike want.” Buffy grinned at her best friend.

“ Just wondering when and where we’re meeting tomorrow. He’s not going to let Drusilla saying anything to you tomorrow, Wils.” Willow nodded, but didn’t say anything. They got their food, ate it, then continued their shopping for accessories.