Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Review!
Buffy was walking down the stairs of her house, in her new formal, she’d bought. She was very nervous about going with Angel. They were all meeting at her house in about twenty minutes. Angel hadn’t really liked the idea of riding with everyone else, but Buffy had really wanted to. These were the best friends that she’d ever have, and she didn’t want to miss this chance. Connor had asked Dawn to go at the last minute, so she wouldn’t have to go stag after all. The two sisters were waiting patiently, when the doorbell sounded. Joyce answered the door, and Willow walked into the living room. Buffy jumped up when she saw her, and ran to her.

“ Willow, you look gorgeous!” Willow smiled at her a little nervously.

“ Really, you think so? I’m so nervous about seeing Oz tonight, Buffy, and I’m not exactly sure why that is.” Buffy smiled back at her.

“ Well, it’s natural, really. You like him more than you’re willing to admit, and you’re afraid that you’ll do something silly. Does that pretty much sum it up?” Willow nodded.

“ You too, huh?” Buffy just nodded her head. Once again the doorbell sounded. When Buffy answered the door, it was Xander, Tara, Spike, Drusilla, and Oz. Spike was the one to say something.

“ Well, don’t we all just look spiffy.” Willow chuckled at Spike’s choice of words. It was Xander who spoke next.

“ Okay, who are we waiting on here? Oh right, the jock and his brother.” Buffy glared at Xander.

“ What’s wrong with Angel, Xander?” Xander just shrugged his shoulders, and didn’t answer. After about ten more minutes, the limo came, and still no Angel or Connor. Buffy was starting to get a little worried. Surely they hadn’t stood the two of them up. After twenty more minutes of stalling the limo driver, Spike walked over to where Buffy was pacing.

“ Listen love, I don’t know how much longer I can hold the stupid git off. He’s really wanting to go, or he said he was going to charge us extra.” Joyce hearing what Spike said, spoke up.

“ It’s okay, Spike. I’ll pay for whatever extra it is, and I’m sure that there is a good explanation as to why those two boys are late.” Dawn was sitting on the couch, looking like she wanted to burst into tears. Buffy walked over, and sat down next to her.

“ It’s going to be okay, Dawn. I’m sure that they’ll be here in a few minutes.” Dawn didn’t say anything, just kept her head down. When the clock showed that it was six, Buffy started to get very angry. The phone had rung twice, and both times it had been Dawn’s friend, Doyle, wanting to know where she was. Buffy sighed, and looked down at her dress. She then stood up, and walked over to her friends.

“ Okay guys, I want you to go ahead and go. When they get here, I’ll drive us to the school, alright?” Willow looked at her helplessly.

“ Buffy, we’re not going to leave you here. Besides, you and Dawn should just get in the limo, and come with us.” Spike spoke again, then.

“ She’s right, pet, you two should just come on. It doesn’t look like they’re going to make it.” Buffy just shook her head.

“ It’s really alright. If Dawn wants to go with you, then that’s fine, but I’m going to stay here.” Xander sighed, and stood up from the chair he’d been sitting in.

“ That’s it, I can’t take it anymore.” Without explaining his actions, he picked up the phone and dialed a phone number, and it shocked everyone at whose name he said.

“ Cordelia, I need you to give me Angel’s phone number, okay? Look, I don’t have time for your little rant, just give me the damn number!” After a few seconds, Xander started scribbling something on the pad of paper on the table. He then hung the phone up, and dialed the number he had written down.

“ Yes, can I speak to Angel or Connor, please?” After what seemed like forever, Xander finally spoke again.

“ Angel man, where the hell are you? We’re all waiting here at Buffy’s house. What do you mean? WE TOLD YOU TO BE HERE AT FIVE! Well, hurry the hell up, okay?!” He then slammed the phone down, and sat back down in the chair.

“ He’ll be here in about ten minutes. He thought we were meeting at seven for some reason.” Buffy jumped up at his words.

“ Seven, why the hell would we want to meet at seven?!” Xander just looked over at Spike.

“ Apparently he was told by a specific person that we weren’t meeting here until then.” Spike saw the direction of his look, and blew up.

“ That wanker better not have said it was me, because it bloody well wasn’t!” Xander waved Spike off.

“ No, you moron, Drusilla told him that.” Everyone in the room stared at the other girl, like she’d grown an extra head. Buffy walked over to her, and stopped.

“ How dare you! Guess what you just earned. You are not allowed to ride in our limo.” Drusilla just smiled at her.

“ Oh, and your going to stop me, how?” Spike looked over at Buffy, and grimaced.

“ Come on, Buffy, you can’t make her walk.” Buffy jerked her head in his direction, and glared.

“ She didn’t pitch in for the cost at all. Willow, Xander, and Myself paid for us to have the limo. As far as I’m concerned, she can walk to the dance. If you have a problem with that, then you can walk too.” Spike looked disbelievingly at his friend. He then turned to Xander.

“ You’re seriously going to say that she can’t ride in the limo?” Xander hesitated before speaking.

“ Listen, Spike, you’re my friend and everything, but I can’t stand her. You can’t either, and I don’t know why you invited her in the first place. She makes fun of my best friend on the planet, and you ask her for a date. So yes, I’m going to have to side with Buffy on this one.” Spike’s mouth dropped open, and he looked over at Willow. She just held her hand up.

“ Spike, please don’t be stupid. You know I don’t want her in the car.” Spike threw his arms up.

“ Bloody hell, people, how the hell are we supposed to get to the dance?!” Just then Angel and Connor came running up to the house. Angel went over to the two girls, and grabbed both Dawn and Buffy’s hands.

“ I’m so sorry that we’re late. I honestly thought that we were supposed to be here at seven.”