Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry it's taken so long to update, but here you go!
Chapter Six

Buffy didn’t say anything to him at first, because she couldn’t form the words. Spike’s face was starting to get red at the thought of having to walk to the dance. Damn the two girls and their silly rivalry. He was glaring over at the guy who stole his date, with anger in his eyes. Angel was still apologizing which was causing Willow to smile.

“ I mean it, Buffy, you don’t know how sorry I am.” Buffy shook her head.

“ No, I’m not mad at you, Angel. I just want to go, okay? Let’s all get into the limo, and Drusilla, if you so much as give me the impression that you’re thinking bad thoughts, I’m throwing you out of the limo myself.” With her statement, she headed towards the limo, holding Angel’s hand. Everyone just slowly followed her out there to the glaring limo driver. The driver hadn’t asked for any more money, and Buffy was terribly grateful. To his credit, Spike kept Drusilla completely silent on the trip to the school. She couldn’t believe that she would do something like that to her. It was amazing that she thought Buffy wouldn’t actually hit her on the jaw, because she would love to.

Spike could tell that the chit was still stewing over what his date had done. Truth be told, he still couldn’t believe that Dru had done that. He still wished that he could’ve asked Buffy like he wanted to, but now it would appear that it was too late. She was so wrapped up in this Angel character. Silly looking Nancy boy, it looked to him. When they pulled in front of the school, they filed out of the limo. Xander tried to make smile talk, but the girls were still silent.

They walked into the gym, and Buffy could no longer be mad at anything. She was at her last Homecoming dance, and she started to get very sad. She smiled brightly and pulled Angel to the dance floor. They hadn’t had time to stop somewhere to eat, so Xander headed to the snack table. Tara followed him awkwardly, looking around like she wanted to escape. Oz offered his hand to Willow, who took it shyly. Dawn and Connor had followed suit with Buffy and Angel. Spike didn’t want to hang with Drusilla, so he turned around and looked at her.

“ Dru, why did you do that to Buffy and her sister?” She smiled a very mean smile.

“ Do I have to have a reason? I’ve despised the girl from the moment she moved to Sunnydale. Everyone thinks she’s so perfect, she’s so pretty. I draw the line when she has to steal the dress I wanted to buy.” Spike was completely disgusted. There was no other word to describe his feelings at that moment.

“ You’d try to ruin everyone’s night, just so you can be mean to my best friend? You’re on your own for the dance, and a ride home. I’ll see you around, Dru.” Drusilla’s mouth opened in shock as she watched Spike head over to where Xander was standing. He found Buffy and Angel in the midst of a slow dance, and her head was rested on his shoulder. Just looking at them was making his stomach get upset. Xander saw his reaction and grinned.

“ I don’t understand why you didn’t ask her out yourself a long time ago. Everyone could tell that you liked her from the get go, so what gives? All of the sudden someone is asking her out, and you don’t like it. Chin up Spike, I don’t think this thing with Angel is going to last.” Spike sighed, because he knew that he was right. He’d confided in Xander right from the start about his feelings for Buffy, but he never said anything to her about them. It was what he deserved that she was with someone else now.
Buffy had her head on Angel’s head as they were slow dancing. They danced in silence and just moved with the music. She’d been so excited when Angel had first asked her out. She’d been fantasizing about the boy for two years now. So, she was more then a little surprised that she was bored. She’d settled for silence, because all he seemed to want to talk about was Football and his friends. Buffy wasn’t a football fan, so she just politely nodded and smiled. After a long discussion about field goals, Angel finally got the hint and stopped talking. She’d briefly looked around for Spike, but couldn’t find him in the crowd. After dancing for what seemed like forever, Buffy asked if they could take a breather. Angel seemed more then a little relieved to be away from her. She went to stand over by Xander and Tara, who looked uncomfortable.

She smiled at Tara, and glanced at Xander, who was stuffing his face. She shook her head at him, and he just looked at her. Spike walked up shortly after, and asked Tara if she wanted to dance. She smiled shyly at him and accepted. Buffy sighed and moved closer to Xander.

“ Why haven’t you asked her to dance yet?” Xander stopped eating and shrugged.

“ I don’t know, Buff. I’m really not that good of a dancer.” Buffy smiled at him.

“ I know this already, Xan, you should still ask her to dance. You did after all invite her here with you.” Xander nodded and went to cut in between her and Spike. Buffy looked around and saw Angel hanging out with Riley and Lindsey. Riley was looking right at her and smiling, which was making Buffy extremely uncomfortable. Spike joined her by the snack table and asked her if she wanted to dance.

Riley had been watching Buffy to see what she was doing. She was just standing by the snack table when Spike walked up to her.

“ Angel, someone is trying to steal your custard.” Angel glanced in the direction that Riley was looking and saw Buffy laughing with Spike. It really annoyed him that he couldn’t keep this guy away from her. He should’ve gotten the hint by now.

“ Guys, I think it’s time we take care of business with this guy.” Lindsey and Riley exchanged smirks and waited to hear what Angel had to say.

Angel walked over to the duo and grabbed Buffy by the arm. She gave him a startled look and tried to take her arm out of his grasp. As he pulled her away, Lindsey and Riley grabbed Spike by the arms. Buffy saw this and stomped on Angel’s foot. Buffy pushed Angel away from her and she ran over to Spike just as Lindsey landed a punch on his jaw.

“ Hey, you wanna get the hell off of my friend there?!” Buffy ran over and jumped on Lindsey’s back, only to be pulled off by Riley.

“ You like bad boys and nerds, don’t you? Maybe I’ve got something that you’d like, Summers.” Buffy shrieked with rage at his statement, but she was more preoccupied with Lindsey and Angel kicking Spike. Xander grabbed Riley off of Buffy and landed a punch. He recovered quickly though, and returned the favor to Xander. Buffy walked over to Lindsey and tapped him on the shoulder. As soon as he turned around, she planted her fist in his face. Everyone stopped when they heard Connor start yelling.

“ Angel, what the hell are you doing? You think it’s cool to fight 3 against 1? You’re a coward, and you desperately need to grow up.” Angel looked at his brother incredulously.

“ Are you kidding me, little brother? You ask little Dawnie out so you can get laid, and you’re gonna talk to me like that? I don’t think so at all.” Before anyone could say anything at all, Principal Snyder walked up and it was apparent that he was not happy.

“ Does someone want to explain to me what happened here? Summers? Mclay? Harris? Someone better start talking, and I don’t want to hear from you four.” Snyder made his statement pointing at Angel, Lindsey, Riley, and Spike. The big shocker of the evening, was Tara speaking up.

“ Principal Snyder? I can tell you exactly what happened.”