Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I hope you like this. This is technically chapter three of the story. Please let me know what you think!
Buffy was sitting at her regular lunch table waiting for Angel. He’d said that he wanted to sit with her and her friends. Willow looked really nervous, because it seemed Oz was walking towards her. She was starting to wonder wether or not Angel had forgotten or something. She looked over at the table he normally sat at, and he wasn’t there either. She turned back to her lunch. Spike was glaring at something over her shoulder. She turned back around to see what he was looking at, and it was Angel walking towards them. She smiled up at him, and he returned it.

“ Hi, there. Sorry I’m late, my english lit teacher wanted to have a talk with me.” She shook her head at him.

“ Oh no, it’s fine.” Angel sat down next to Buffy, and Oz sat down next to Willow. Their lunch table was starting to get a little crowded. Xander wanting to break the awkward silence, looked over at Spike.

“ So, have you decided who the lucky lady is? You do have a date, don’t you?” Willow threw Xander a dirty look, but spike just grinned.

“ Of course I’ve got a date. I asked Drusilla Hampton, and naturally she accepted.” This got an open mouthed stare from Buffy, and a frown from Willow. Willow was the one who spoke.

“ I just hope you know you have to get your own ride.” Spike looked over at her surprised. It wasn’t like Willow to throw catty comments at him.

“ What are you talking about, luv? I thought we’d agreed to take a limo here together.” Willow snorted at him.

“ Yes we did, but that was before you asked Drusilla to go with you. There is no way she’s going to sit in the limo with me. She’s not going to ruin my night. Either you can find your own ride, or I will.” Buffy was looking back and forth between the two of them. It was so out of character for Willow to say something like that. She looked over at her.

“ Come on, Wils, if she says anything to you, just ignore her. Besides, all of us are going to be there. If she does say something, she’ll have to answer to me. You remember last time don’t you?” This got a giggle out of Willow.

“ Yes, I do remember that. I just still can’t believe you did that to her, I thought she was gonna cry.” Angel wanted to know what she’d done to this girl.

“ Wait, you have to tell me. What did you do?” Buffy looked over at him flirtingly, making Spike glare even more.

“ She used to make fun of Willow all of the time, and she did it one time to many times. Well actually, she just did it in front of me once, and I through my coca cola on her, and punched her in the nose.” Everyone laughed at the table, except for Spike.

“ You did that? I’d heard about it, but they’d never said who’d done it to her. That was very childish, Buffy.” Buffy looked over at him, and gave him a dirty look.

“ Well, if you’d have heard what she said about her, then you would have done the same.” Spike was shaking his head.

“ No, I really wouldn’t have. It’s just not the right thing to do.” Willow looked hurt at his words, which made Buffy even more angry.

“ So, you would have just stood there, and let her rip apart who you say is your best friend? That’s really loyal of you.” Oz spoke up surprising everyone.

“ I’d have done it, Buffy.” This got a smile from Willow, and a look of approval from Buffy.

***************************************************************************
Spike didn’t know why he’d argued with Buffy at lunch. Truth be told he would have knocked Dru off of her pedestal if he’d said something against red. He hadn’t know that she’d been making fun of Willow. He was going to ride with his friends in the limo, but he was going to get Drusilla told. If she so much as looked at Willow wrong then she was going to this thing stag, and would have to find her own way home. It bugged him that Buffy thought he wouldn’t have stood up for her, but then again he hadn’t really said that he would. He needed to have himself a long talk with Willow. He got to his last period of the day, which was calculus. He hated the subject, but he was good at it. He had the class with all four of his friends. Buffy sat next to him, Willow sat behind him, Xander sat in front of him, and Tara sat across the room. He’d never understand why Tara had agreed to go with Xander. He didn’t look like her type.

***************************************************************************
The rest of the day went on uneventful. Buffy was waiting outside of the School building, waiting for her sister. She was the slowest person on the face of the planet. She was taking Willow to the mall today to find their dresses. Willow ran up to the car, out of breath.

“ I’m sorry, I’m late. Oz stopped me outside wanting to talk.” When she said this, her face turned the color of her hair. Buffy grinned at her like a fool.

“ It’s alright, Wils. I’m still waiting on my sister. I don’t know what’s taking her so long!” At this statement, Dawn Summers came running from the front of the building. She looked as if she’d been crying. She didn’t say anything to her sister, she just climbed in the back seat without a word. The other two girls followed. When they got in the car, Buffy turned to look at her sister.

“ Dawnie, what’s the matter?” Dawn looked up at her sister, and sniffled.

“ Doyle asked someone else to the homecoming dance. He came up to me at lunch, and told me he was taking some girl named Faith.” When she said this Buffy sighed. Doyle had been Dawn’s best friend since practically birth. It was a known fact that Dawn had a crush on him. He was from Ireland, and had come to Sunnydale when he was five years old. He still had his accent which apparently drove Dawn crazy. It was amusing to Buffy, cause she’d had a similar reaction to Spike’s British accent.

“ Oh honey, I’m so sorry. I know you were hoping that he’d ask you.” Dawn drew in a shaky breath.

“ He doesn’t even know I’m upset. He just smiled at me, and asked me if I had a date yet. He’s completely clueless!” Buffy grinned at her.

“ Well, have you told him how you feel?” Dawn shook her head at Buffy.

“ No, and I know I should. I just don’t want him to laugh at me, plus I don’t want to lose my best friend.” Willow nodded at this.

“ I know what you mean, Dawnie. I used to have the biggest crush on Xander, and it took me forever to get over him. It feels like the hardest thing you’ll ever have to go through, but trust me when I say, You’ll find that someone.” Dawn looked at the two older girls, and smiled at them. Buffy smiled back at her.

“ Well, we’re going to the mall to pick out our dresses for the dance. If you’re nice, I’ll call and ask mom if you can come along.” This got a shriek from Dawn.