Spike's bandmates (Xander, Oz, Percy and Devon) embraced him at the hotel, happy to see him safe after the harrowing flight. They knew about his fear of flying and felt bad for badgering him about coming to New York., though it really was necessary.

"So what happened up there, man?" Xander asked, sitting on a plush couch in Spike's luxury suite.

"I'd rather not relive it, thanks." Spike got a beer and took a few healthy swallows.

"Still, you made it, right?" Oz said. "You proved to yourself that you could do it."

"Ha! I never want to go through that again! I'm walkin' back to California, if I have to."

Angel sighed. "I know it was traumatic, but we're going to have to fly back in two days. We have a gig at the Viper Room."

Spike groaned, rubbing his hand over his face. "Great...I have to get right back on a bloody plane after that shit. You'd better have some real good drugs for me, mate. 'Cos I'm not getting on a plane sober."

"The company is sending their private jet for us this time," Angel said, hoping that would make it better. "You won't have to deal with anyone but us."

"The other passengers weren't the bloody problem," Spike mumbled, thinking of Buffy. "In fact there was this..."

They looked at him expectantly.

"Never mind."

"No, did you meet someone? A cute chick, perhaps?" Devon asked with a smile.

They could tell by Spike's face that he had met someone. He looked kind of sheepish and shy about it.

"Hey, did you score on the plane?" Percy nudged him. "Huh? Oh shit... He did!" he laughed, pointing at Spike.

"Shut up." Spike pushed him back.

"Uh-huh. The flight wasn't as terrible as you would have had us believe," Xander chuckled. "Unless she wasn't any good...or turned out to be a dude or something."

"Just...forget it, alright?" Spike said. He didn't want to share the experience with them, it was private.

Angel laughed and poured himself a glass of scotch. "Leave it to Spike to find a hot and horny slut on the plane."

"She's not a slut!" Spike said vehemently, startling them.

Angel looked at him, speaking slowly, "Okay...she's not a slut. Sorry." He frowned. "This girl got to you, huh?"

"Look...I really don't want to talk about it. Sorry I blew up at you, but...I just had a bad experience with almost dying and everything. I need some rest."

Angel nodded. "Go get some sleep then. We want you to be ready for Conan tomorrow. That goes for all of you." He pointed at each of the band members. "I want you all well-rested for the show. This is your first television appearance, so you have to look and sound your best. Hit the hay. All of you."

"You gonna tell us to wash behind our ears and brush our teeth too, Angel?" Xander rolled his eyes.

"You'd forget to wash your dick if I didn't tell you to. Wayward boys like you need to be given direction. Get to bed," Angel said, smirking at Xander.

They grumbled about being told to go to bed like a bunch of kids, but did as Angel said.

Spike quickly got ready for bed, then fell onto the mattress. He felt bone-weary tired, and had a touch of jet lag if he wasn't mistaken. He couldn't stop thinking about Buffy. He saw her smiling and gazing back at him every time he closed his eyes.

It hadn't occurred to him until much later, but he realized that their impromptu encounter had been 'protection-free'. That worried him. He knew that he was in perfect health, and Buffy had to be too. He knew instinctively that he had nothing to worry about as far as that went. But...what about pregnancy? What if Buffy got pregnant? Years down the line he might see her again with a little Spike or Spikette in her arms, accusing him of being a bad father. No...that couldn't happen...could it? He prayed that Buffy used birth control regularly. Spike put those troubling thoughts out of his mind (for now), as they weren't productive and just would serve to drive him crazy.

It took some time for him to fall asleep, and when he did, he dreamed of being in her arms again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy got back to her hotel room after her meeting with the art buyer the next day. She kicked off her high heels and laid on the bed, stretching out and relaxing.

She needed a nap after her busy morning. She dreamed of being with Spike again. This time there was no imminent danger or urgency. They were leisurely stroking and worshipping each other's bodies on a huge bed with red silk sheets. They had all the time in the world.

Buffy woke up just as her dream-self was being filled with his big cock. She looked around in confusion, her body thrumming with excitement.

"Grrrrr! Sonuvabitch! Dammit!" Buffy pounded on the bed and pouted, upset that it was only a dream.

Last night her dreams had been about him too. She wanted to see him again so bad, but she had no idea where to even begin looking. And if she tracked him down, that would seem a tad too pathetic...wouldn't it? Especially if Spike was content to let 'them' remain a nice memory.

She talked to herself, "Am I falling in love with him? This is crazy...I don't even really know him... Maybe I'm just in lust with him? Is it just because of the highly emotional experience we shared or... Shit, I'm so confused."

Buffy covered her face with her hands. Her mind kept wandering in circles. It was very frustrating.

But the fact remained, she still hungered to feel his touch, to see his face. No matter the reasons, she still craved Spike.

She remembered how it felt when he held her hand in his, how adorable he looked when he was asleep, how he made her laugh, his beatific smile when they found out that they were safely back on the ground. Spike seemed like a funny, sensitive, and interesting guy. She already knew that he was very good at sex stuff. Yep, it was more than just lust.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Buffy did her best to keep her mind occupied and not to dwell on hot blonde Englishmen. She went and had dinner at a nice pizzeria and went to see the musical 'Chicago'. It was fun...but she was all alone. She was lonely and felt like a doofus dining and sitting by herself.

She also called her mother, filling her in on the terrible flight. Joyce had been aghast and apologetic. She could have lost her baby girl by sending her to New York. Buffy didn't tell Joyce anything about Spike and she certainly didn't tell her what they'd done in the lavatory. Joyce promised to do everything that she could to make it up to her daughter: a raise in pay, time off from work, the promise never to make her get on another plane, etc. Anything Buffy would accept to let her know how sorry she was.

Buffy was pleased that her mother was properly horrified about it. Though...she wouldn't have met Spike and received comfort from him if she didn't get on the plane. But maybe that would have been for the best. Now she couldn't get Spike out of her head, and there was no way she could find him again.


Later that night, Buffy was in bed, tossing and turning. She had the TV on for some background noise as she tried in vain to sleep. The nap she'd taken earlier had left her unable to sleep when she was supposed to.

She heard the opening music for 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien', noting it absently. Buffy loved watching 'Late Night', but she needed to sleep, not stay up watching TV all night. She tuned out the show for the most part. Until...

Conan said, "Our next guests are a group who have just released their self-titled first album --" Women started screaming in the audience. He showed a CD to the camera. "Yes, here's what you've been waiting for. Help me welcome Oz, Devon, Percy, Xander and Spike -- The Big Bad!"

The screams got louder.

Buffy bolted upright in bed, staring at the TV screen. Her heart was doing double-time in her chest as she fumbled for the remote and turned up the volume. She watched Spike -- wild, passionate, hot, sweaty, funny, sexy, airplane loo sex Spike -- as he took his place in the middle of the stage, surrounded by his band. He had a red electric guitar strapped on his body.

"Oh, my God... It's him! Why didn't he tell me he was going to be on TV!? He said he wasn't famous... I'm not dreaming, am I?"

She pinched herself to be sure. Nope. She was awake. She was really seeing this.

Spike looked scrumptious: his hair was wild and sticking up. He had on another form-fitting pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt. Buffy could have just eaten him up.

The lights in the studio dimmed. Spike leaned into the microphone, beginning to sing in a deep bluesy voice, with just Percy on an acoustic guitar accompanying him.

"Now summertime's here babe, need somethin' to keep you cool
Ah, now summertime's here babe, need somethin' to keep you cool
Better look out now though, The Big Bad's got somethin' for you
Tell ya what it is

I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
Oh my, my, I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
See now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy
Hold on a second, baby

I got puddin' pie, banana dixie cups
All flavors and pushups too

I'm your ice cream man baby, stop me when I'm passin' by
See now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy -- Hold on, one more

Well I'm usually passin' by just about eleven o'clock
Uh-huh, I never stop
I'm usually passin' by just around eleven o'clock
And if you let me cool you one time, you'll be my regular stop"

The rest of the band joined in, playing hard and heavy. Spike sang louder, and began playing his electric guitar.

"I got puddin' pie, banana dixie cups
All flavors and pushups too

I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
See now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy, yes
I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
They say all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy "

Spike's fingers flew over the struts and frets for a rollicking guitar solo. He made the cutest faces while he played -- intense concentration and an almost...orgasmic expression. Buffy sighed dreamily, getting onto her knees and watching from the bed.

"I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by
They say all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy

Come on, boys!
I'm your ice cream man
I'm your ice cream man
B-B-B-B-B-B-B-Baby!
Ah my my my"

The instruments stopped. Spike sang in a throaty, sexy-as-all-hell voice:

"All my flavors are guarantee-eee-heeed......to satis-uh-fy--Oh! Unnhh!"

Spike jumped up in the air on the final note, finishing up with a flourish.

The audience applauded, girls screamed.

Conan walked over, shaking Spike's hand. "Wow! That was great!" Then Conan turned to the camera. "We'll be right back!" Conan shook the other band member's hands as they went to commercial.

Buffy was speechless. Spike was a rock star. She couldn't imagine why he hadn't told her anything beyond, 'I play guitar'. If Buffy were a musician about to go on national television, she'd tell everyone she came in contact with. Spike was obviously a strange guy -- a strange, sexy guy. Seeing him singing and hearing his sizzling-hot sensual voice had made her wet with arousal. Man, she had it bad!

When the show came back on she watched fixedly. The band was sitting to Conan's right -- Spike in the chair next to the desk and the rest of the guys on the couch.

Females in the audience screamed, "We (I) love you!".

"Keep cool, my babies!" Conan said in a funny hipster voice. "There's plenty o' Consey to go around -- huh-huh-huh," he said, smoothing down his eyebrows. "Sorry, guys, the ladies just can't get enough of me. They're out of control. It's been like this all night."

The guys in the band laughed.

"What can you do? They love ya, mate," Spike said.

Conan got to the interview, talking to the band about their debut album and the different styles of music they used. Then he said, "Spike, I heard you had quite an experience flying to New York."

Spike and Buffy's eyes widened.

"Hmm?" Spike asked, sucking on his bottom lip.

Conan explained, "The plane you were on almost had to do an emergency landing, right?"

"Oh...yeah, that's true." Spike's mind had gone directly to having sex with Buffy, not the plane troubles. "That was bloody awful. I hate flying as it is. I'm taking a train, bus or horse drawn carriage back to L.A. These wankers," Spike jerked his thumb at his bandmates, "came here ahead of me, so they avoided the whole near death experience."

They bantered a bit more about plane travel, then got back to discussing the band and their future appearances. They were going to kick off a tour of the U.S. in two months.

"You guys are performing at the Electric Pussycat Club tomorrow before you head back west?"

"Yeah," Spike answered. "We're doing two shows, tonight and tomorrow night. We've never played there, so it should be fun."

Conan looked at the camera, his eyes wild. "You -- Yes, you, watching this at home! Go see the band play, I command thee!"

They all laughed.

Buffy blinked. Conan's command had worked on her, at least. She had an intense desire to go see them at the club.

"It was great to meet all of you, and good luck on your tour! You guys are really going to take off. The Big Bad, ladies and gentlemen." The audience clapped and hooted. Conan held up their CD. "Their eponymous CD is available in a store near you. Go buy it, great stuff. We'll be right back." He shook all of their hands again as they went to the break.

Buffy hadn't heard of the band before. But that wasn't surprising, considering that she hardly paid attention to new music. She was grateful that Spike's group wasn't one of those 'boy bands' -- they actually played instruments and some good ol' fashioned Rock 'n Roll. The rest of the guys in the band were very, very cute too. No wonder girls were screaming their heads off for them. But Spike was definitely the hottest hottie in the bunch.

"I wonder where that club is?" she thought aloud.

Could she show up and say hi? Should she?


For the next few hours Buffy fretted about what she should do and tried to get at least a little sleep. The early morning news came on, a report caught her attention.

The female anchor was saying, "And police had their hands full with crowd control outside of the Manhattan Hilton today." There was footage of young women of all shapes and sizes screaming and jumping up and down behind police barricades. "This was due to the musical group 'The Big Bad' staying at the hotel. The band has attracted a large following since they released their first album last month."

There was a taped segment of a policeman talking about how crazy it was that all these people came down, just hoping to catch a glimpse of some band. He said how grateful he would be when it was over.

"We also talked to Angel O'Connor, the band's manager, about the situation," the anchorwoman said.

They cut to a shot of Angel in the hotel lobby. "It's amazing, mind-blowing. We never expected this kind of response, it's very flattering. We regret the strain it puts on the police and people trying to travel on the street, but there's not much we can do about it. The guys are blown away by it and are grateful to all of the fans and well-wishers."

The reporter interviewing him asked, "You weren't prepared for this big a turn out in front of the hotel?"

"No, and it was shortsighted of us not to. We've had to scramble to get proper police protection and hire additional security. It's all worth it though. It's great to know that the band has excited people like this. We're all eager to start the tour and hope that we get even half as enthusiastic a reaction when we're on the road."

Buffy knew where he was staying now. She could call and ask for him in the morning. That would be better than showing up at the club where she might get lost in the crowd.

The decision made, she settled back under the covers, hoping that the she could see him again the next day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Spike laid in bed on his back, thinking about the gig at the club. It had gone well for the most part. The crowd was animated and energetic and the guys all played their hearts out. There was a little reverb from one of the speakers, but it wasn't too bad.

He sighed, his thoughts returning to his encounter with Buffy for the umpteenth time. The sex was amazing, he had fun talking to her, she was beautiful and had such luminous eyes. The way she had looked when she smiled or laughed made him melt. Just remembering it made him feel warm inside. A lot of it had to do to the circumstances on the plane, but Spike had never felt that way with a woman. There had been a very deep connection between them. Or was that just a one-sided thing?

Spike rolled over to stare at the wall for a while.

Of course it was one-sided. Buffy had been so embarrassed afterwards that she couldn't even meet his eyes. The way she'd hurried off the plane, without even a backward glance... There was a woman out there somewhere in the city that he desperately wanted to see again but knew that she didn't feel the same way. Was he really falling in love with the pretty petite blonde, or was he confused by the emotional upheaval he'd experienced on the plane? What was he going to do?

'Should've asked for her number. Even if she slapped me or told me to go to hell, I would at least have given it a shot.'

The crazy idea to start calling around to some of the better hotels in the city looking for her had occurred to him. But that would be...bad. No doubt, Buffy would think he was a nut or a creep...or a nutty creep. It would be impossible to find her. He didn't even know her last name.

Buffy was destined to just be a wild, impetuous, fantastic memory. It had been so refreshing to meet a woman and really talk to her. A woman who told him when his jokes were bad. A woman who treated him like anyone else.

Spike would never forget her, and would always regret the way things had to end. He regretted that it had to end at all.