Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks to the kind comments on chapter 1, i have decided to create this chapter. enjoy. joey
I’ve Been Waiting –
Chapter 2
‘Revelations’.
By Joey Maley

Buffy looked into this man's eyes for what seemed to be an eternity. She had to convince herself that she couldn’t be dreaming. Not now. Not after everything she had been through. She had searched for weeks to find this man. Her William. Was it him?

He looked almost as nervous as her. He had only hoped that she would find him. Why else would he have waited? Spike decided that he had to make the first move, and with almost a whisper he said:

“Hello pet. It’s been a while.”

Is that all he could say? ‘It’s been a while?’ the audacity of him. She couldn’t believe that after all this time he didn’t show the emotion she believed he had for her.

“What? Is that it? I’ve searched for you and all I get is that. If you realised how much I have worried. What I was thinking. And you coming to Rome and not telling me you were back. Oh… oh and with Angel at that. What makes you think that you have the right to…”

Her speech was interrupted when, with one swift action, Spike grabbed her by the back of the head and pulled her forward. The kiss seemed to last for days. Feeling these lips for the first time in, oh so long. For the first time for as long as she could remember, she felt complete. She never realised how much she missed him. This kiss, that defied the heavens, felt like nothing she had ever experienced.

With one slow, long movement they pulled themselves away. Spike could only just look into her eyes with wonder. He knew how much of a fool he had been. He knew he should have spoken to her sooner, he was just afraid. This man, who in his early life had killed hundreds… nay, thousands of innocent people with not a hint of regret or remorse, now felt a lifetimes worth. He wanted to tell how much he loved her. How much he missed her gentle caress. But now that he had the chance, he couldn’t find the words with enough scope and feeling to express what he felt.

Finally, after the longest silence, he spoke:

“I’ve missed you pet. You could never understand that, I know, but… I have. Every day since I’ve I been back I’ve thought of nothing but you. Could you at least understand that?”

Buffy’s eyes widened, like she had two matchsticks holding them open. She was in a state of absolute bliss. Oh, how she had waited for him to say these words. Her fists clenched, only to stop herself from crying. These tears of joy were swelling up inside of her ready to explode. She slowly, yet with reserve, reached out and held his hand.

“Yes.”

“Yes what?”

“Yes I understand what you’re saying because… I’ve felt it to. Ever day since I lost you I have cried and now the only thing that's stopping me from breaking down right now is you.”

Her words were like arrows being shot deep into Spike’s heart. He didn’t realise that she felt the same. He had always seen her as the unattainable, maybe that was why he was so infatuated with her. Everyday he tried to convince himself that, but to hear her say those words, those words which were deafening, made his life worth living. Spike had to say something, and take that look of shock off of his face.

“Hey, let’s get out of here. We really need to talk, love.”

They both left the bar, hand in hand like two love struck teenagers, going out on their first date.

They seemed to walk forever, not saying a word to one another. The two turned into a dark alleyway. Smoke was rising from the drains and there were garbage bins lining the walls. The contrast was amazing, from the lights of the street, this alleyway seemed to be in black and white. But it was nothing to the things that these two had seen in their time.

Suddenly, they both stopped. They could feel it. However long they had been apart, they still knew each others reactions like they were their own.

“You feel that, don’t you” asked Spike, with hesitation.

“Yeah. Vamp, we’re being followed.” Buffy turned to spike. “Better put on your…”

“Game face, yeah. Its done.” At that moment Spike showed his true demon face, turning to face the, would be assassin. “Oi, show yourself you bloody ponce.”

With that, a vampire came running out from behind the trash can in the ally. He charged at Buffy, possibly thinking that she was an easier target. In one swift move, Buffy jumps in the air, kicking the Vampire with a roundhouse and, before she even lands, taking out a stake from the back of her black pants. She landed in her fight stance, waiting for a compliment from Spike.

“Not bad. But how ‘bout this then?” Spike pushes his arms out to the sides, shooting two wooded stakes out onto the palms of his hands. “Come on then, let’s see what ya’ got.”

Spike rushed the Vampire, who at this point was just getting up from the kick to the head from Buffy. With a back handed slap to the face Spike stuck the other stake directly into his heart. In an explosion of grey smoke, the vampire was gone. Looking pleased with himself, he turned to Buffy.

“Well, that was a laugh.”

“Where did you get those things from?” Buffy pointed at the retractable stakes in which Spike used to dust that Vampire. “Their… their cool.”

“Yeah, I got them from that ponce, Angel. Well he won’t be using them for a while.” Spike turned to continue the journey, not aware of the look on Buffy’s face.

“What… what do you mean ‘he won’t be using them for a while’? He’s… he’s not dead, is he?” Buffy’s voice was getting croaky, almost unable to hold back the tears.

“What? No you silly cow! He’s not dead. He said that he was going to Tibet… or was it Asia? Oh, same thing. I dunno. Anyway, he won’t be needing them there any way, so I nicked them before he left. Pretty nifty, though.”

Realising that he had frightened her, Spike came up close to Buffy and took her in his arms and whispered:

“I’m Sorry, love. I should have said that better. I know your history, and how much you cared for him. I should have…” Spike stopped, changing his tone. “Did you really kill him once? ‘Cause I know he don’t like to talk about that. Nice one.”

“Not Helping.” The look in Buffy’s eyes told Spike to shut up.

“Uh, fair enough then. The apartment's just over here.”

They carried on to a back door, on the other side of the alleyway. As they entered the apartment, Spike switched on the light. Buffy was shocked and amazed. This certainly was different to the crypt in which she had spent, oh, so many nights back in good old ‘Sunny D’. There were antique paintings on the walls, with a black leather seat in the corner, in front of the fireplace.

“Not bad.”

“Thanks, love. I managed to rescue them from Wolfram and Heart before the whole bloody building fell down. It was a good laugh though. You should have been there. Now that’s what I call a kick arse fight. Know what I mean?”

Buffy sat down on the black chair, as Spike took out an old, wooden seat, like those you’d find in a school.

“Look, there was a reason I was waiting for you in that bar. I knew you were coming.” Spike’s words seemed to be like a kick in Buffy’s face. Her expression dropped with shock.

“What do you mean you were waiting for me? How… how did you know I’d be coming?”

“After that fight, Angel and I met someone. An oracle. She told me a few things. Like your arrival and… uh! Alright, here’s the bad. There’s a big bad coming. Now, I know you don’t wanna be hearing this but, this oracle mentioned something about the death of the ‘Chosen one of many and her watcher’. That’s you, pet, and old Rupert. And now that you’re here, I can only think that she’s telling the truth.”
Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing. After all of the searching, she thought that her fighting days were all but over.

“When will this happen?” Buffy’s voice trembled with a fear she had not felt since… since she heard the prophecy of her death back in high school.

“Soon, love. Very soon.”

End Of Chapter