Missing You
By Chelsea


Chapter Two


{Rome}
{Dawn’s POV}

Tonight is the night we tell Buffy about Spike. She thinks that the gang is coming over for movie night. She went out for the take out food. We were all sitting in the living room when she got back.

“We need to talk—” Giles said.

“I need to tell you all something—” Buffy said at the same time.

“Go ahead, Buffy,” Willow said.

“I’m going to California. I need to visit the crater that is Sunnydale…to say goodbye, to Spike. Find peace.”

“That’s what we wanted to tell you, Buffy,” Giles said. “When Andrew visited LA. Spike was there.” Buffy leapt to her feet.

“Is this a joke?” she said with tears her in eyes. No one spoke. “Omigod, your serious? He’s alive? How?”

“The amulet was mailed to Wolfram and Hart. When Angel opened it, Spike appeared. But, he was in non-corporeal form.”

“He’s a ghost?” she asked tearfully.

“Well, he was, but since then his body has been corporealized,” Willow said.

“Is he okay?” she asked.

“He was injured capturing the slayer that Andrew brought back with him. He was assisting Angel at the law firm, but now is apparently not so associated.”

“Why didn’t he call me?” she asked in a small voice.

“You’ll have to ask him that, Buffy,” Giles said.

“Willow? Can you keep, Dawn, while I’m gone?”

“What? I’m going with you!” I shouted.

“I need a few days, with him alone, Dawnie. Then you can come out there. I promise.”

“Okay,” I said after a moment.

“We’ll take good care of her, Buffy. No worries,” Xander said.

“Thanks, guys!”


*** *** ***


{LA}
{Buffy’s POV}

I got off my plane in the late afternoon and headed straight outside. I grabbed a cab and asked to be taken to Wolfram and Hart. No waiting dilly dallying around. I needed to see him. Now.

I was wearing the dumb coat, which took me a week to get right. I felt safer wrapped in something that smelt like him. Most people would think it’s dumb, but for me it’s security.

The cab pulled to a stop and payed the man and hopped out. I headed straight in the front and to the reception desk. She looked up.

Harmony.

“Buffy? Omigod, it’s been like forever! Last time I saw you we were mortal enemies! This so cool!”

“Where is he?” I asked.

“Angel’s in an important meeting right now—”

“No. SPIKE? Where is Spike?”

“In the meeting, also. I thought you and my Blondie bear broke up? Didn’t you think he was like dead?” I was about to go into a rage. Her Blondie bear? I would probably die if they were together. But, what should I expect, he couldn’t stay single. Plus, I treated him like shit. Why should he still be in love with me?

I’m screwed.

That’s when I heard the voices. Angel, Spike, and Wesley were walking down the steps towards the reception desk. I turned so that I stood in their path. They all stopped when they saw me. I could feel the tears streaming down my face as my eyes traveled over Spike. He has hands, so I guess he is doing better than Andrew said.

“Buffy? What are you doing here? If you needed me all you had to—” Angel started.

“Spike?” I asked quietly. I was getting a bit pissed. He was alive and didn’t tell me!

“Buffy?” he said back. I walked closer to him.

“Buffy, are you listening to me?” Angel asked.

“Not really,” I said absently. Spike smirked. Then I slapped him. “You fuckin’ asshole!”

“What the hell, pet?” he asked.

“Shut-up.” Then I grabbed the front of his coat with both hands and pulled him towards me. And kissed the daylights out of him. “Oh, god. I thought you were dead.”

“Oh, kitten. It’s okay. I’m here.” I was sobbing by now, right in the middle of the Wolfram and Hart lobby. Spike lifted me in his arms and said to Angel and Wesley, “Can we move this more private?”

“Of, course. Let’s go in Angel’s office,” Wesley said.

“What?” Angel asked.

Spike carried me though the lobby towards a large office. He moved to the sofa and sat down, with me in his lap. Wesley handed me some tissues and I dried my eyes and moved to sit right next to Spike.

“Why are you here, Buffy?” Angel asked.

“Um, I think it’s obvious,” I said.

“So, what do you need help with?” he asked.

“I don’t need help. I need Spike.”

“Apocalypse? I would have come, Buffy,” Angel said like he was talking to a four year old.

“Um, Angel, I think she means…” Wesley began. I ignored them and turned to Spike.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I figured it was for the best. You could get a normal life and all that rot that you deserve.”

“Normal? Must I remind you of Captain Cardboard?” Spike snorted.

“Point taken. That was a cop out. I didn’t know if you would want me.” I began to cry again. “Kitten?”

“It’s my fault. I tried to tell you before we left to go to the school. When we were in the basement. I tried to tell you that I loved you, but I didn’t think you would believe more or that it was the right time. I had this whole plan for after the battle. I was going to prove I loved you and it was you I wanted.”

“WHAT?” Angel shouted.

“Oh, luv. And then I told you I didn’t believe you…” I began to sob again.

“You left me…”

“I’m here now,” he said and he kissed me gently. I wiped me tears again and then moved to straddle his lap.

“I love you, Spike.”

“I love you, too, luv,” he said. We kissed again. “HEY! What bloke gave you this coat? I’ll kill him if he touched you!”

“It’s mine. I bought it and…” I felt my cheeks burn red.

“And what, pet?”

“I spent a week getting it to smell like you.”

“God, Buffy. I love you so much,” he said roughly in between passionate kisses.

“Your not with Harmony, right?”

“God, no,” he chuckled.

“Thank god. You still want to be with me right?”

“You know I do.”

“And for real this time. A real relationship, with love and happiness and…”

“Christmas and puppies,” he said. We both laughed and cried and held each other.

And couldn’t help but think. I finally found peace, love, and happiness.

And I couldn’t ask for more.



THE END!


*** *** ***


PLEASE REVIEW!! Hope yall liked it. Hugz. --Chelsea