[Reviews - 165] LikedPrinter
Summary: *NEW SUMMARY* (WIP) After his freshman year at University of Iowa, Spike Blood, 19, finds himself in need of a summer job and a place to stay. He reluctantly accepts an offer to work as a farmhand for a widow, Buffy Summers-Finn. As their connection grows, both will learn that --regardless of experience or age-- after everything, you can still be surprised. Inspired by the song "That Summer" by Garth Brooks.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No
Word count: 31274 Read: 15685
Published: 10/10/2005 Updated: 05/04/2009

1. Prologue and Chapter One by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 15] Liked (2240 words)
First off, this is my very first fic, so for the love of everything holy, please be kind and review! Second, and more importantly, the thank you's...To Flibble my oh so cute beta, you are my supergirl! Evan, for being my info pump on rugby, and to Mandy and Amanda for getting me into this whole mess in the first place. Love you all!

2. Chapter Two by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 11] Liked (1596 words)
Oh my goodness, thank you SOOO much for all of your support! I've gotten so many more reads and reviews than I'd EVER expected, so you all totally win. Keep it up! Oh, and I'm thinking about lowering the rating to R, just because honestly, I dont know if am physically capable of writing smut. Let me know what you think. Thanks again!

3. Chapter 3 by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 8] Liked (2208 words)
Author's Note: A million apologies I didn't post sooner. My fantabulous beta, Flibble, was unavailable, and I'm completely incapable of progressing without her. Which reminds me, I didn't thank her in my last chapter *slaps forehead*, so thanks a bunch! She really is a peach. Genius of a beta, and sweet as all get out. There's my shameless plug...And for the record, I promise I'm going to be updating a lot more often, now my life's slowed down a wee bit. Anyway, on with the chap!

4. Chapter Four by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 8] Liked (5430 words)
Thank you to those who have stuck with this story after the long break, it means so much to me. This is a WIP and I had a serious case of writer's block this last month. Which leads to a huge thank you to my beta, Flibble, without whome, I may never have conquered said block. Special thanks to Evan, my rugby playing pal for his help, and all those who have reviewed. It helps more than you know! Enjoy, and as always, I live for feedback.

5. Chapter Five by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 19] Liked (2129 words)
Big thanks as always to my fantastic beta, Flibble. She made room in her uber busy schedule to satisfy my lust for posting...what a doll! *Hugs!* Thanks to Evan and Andrew for encouragement in the uh...naughty areas, and to Wade, for teaching me more than I wanted to know. *Wink* Here's my first-ever shot at porn, so for god's sake, people, read it and tell me how I did! Thanks and enjoy!

6. Chapter Six by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 15] Liked (2742 words)
Seriously, I can't thank you all enough for reviewing and staying with me. Maybe I should whine about not getting enough reviews more often...lol. Thanks to the best beta ever, Flibble, and Bree for keeping my chin up.

I don't claim rights to 311, The Cure, Marc Broussard, or any of their works. Just using 'em for a story. Though I would have Marc's babies...

7. Chapter Seven by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 13] Liked (1056 words)
Thanks to Flibble for betaing for me!

8. Chapter Eight by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 11] Liked (1174 words)
I'm baaaaack! After a nine-month hiatus, this story is finally progressing forward and I couldn't be more excited. And I've alread y got the next chapter ready to go! Thanks so much to Flibble, my incomparable beta.

9. Chapter Nine by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 13] Liked (1247 words)
As promised, here's another chap! I'll have you know this one caused me a lot of heartache, and was very therapeutic at the same time. Not exactly sure how that one works...Oh, and do me a favor? I got in a car accident today and my BABY is totalled. Heal my pain. Leave a review. Thanks again to Flibble and Bree!
***If you started reading this story back when it was first being posted, you may need to go back and reread Chapter Four for all this to make sense.

10. Chapter Ten by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 11] Liked (1119 words)
Thanks as always to Flibble for betaing and to Bree for sitting me down and forcing me to write. December was a bad month between the car accident, strep throat, and my mom having a heart attack...yeesh. Anyway, everything turned out fine, so thanks for sticking with me! Enjoy!

11. Chapter Eleven by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 6] Liked (1222 words)
Thank you to Flibble for her superhuman betaing skills, Bree, for being my sounding board and not being afraid to tell me when I'm being stupid, and to the good people of IHOP.

12. Chapter Twelve by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 12] Liked (2740 words)
This chapter got deleted when the site switched, so here it is again. I don't own any rights to The Beatles, just using the song for a story. Don't sue me, por favor. Thanks as always to my beta Flibble.

13. Chapter Thirteen by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 12] Liked (1826 words)
I'm still here. I promise. Thanks again to my amazing beta, Flibble, and to Bree. And to all of you who are somehow still reading this. All y'all blow me away.

14. Chapter Fourteen by SixStringBaby [Reviews - 11] Liked (4545 words)
Holy crap, it's been almost two effing years since I've posted. How did that happen? I'm so sorry. If you're still here, you're my hero. My other heroes include Bree, Flibble, and Gael. Thanks guys! I'm so glad to be back!