Author's Chapter Notes:
This series is meant to explain everything that happened between the time everyone was crying for the Buffster and till she was brought back.

This is also my first ever fic so if it's different than my newer stuff that's why.
PART THREE OF THE SERIES
Summer in Sunnydale
By: MsBigBad


*Delusions*

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the characters used in this story. I'm just using them for entertainment cause I'm an obsessed freak! They belong to UPN, FOX, Mutant Enemy, and the wonderfully talented Joss Wheedon whom I love and adore! The reference to Dawson's Creek belongs to the WB. Billy Idol belongs to himself, although I wouldn't mind owning him! The song "I Wish You Would” is by Train and is used w/o permission. Thanks to Spikespotting.com for the picture!

Ships: Not really that shippy mostly goes along with the story line but I'll list the ships anyway just so everyone is clear. Spike/Buffy, Willow/Tara, and Xander/Anya. Everyone else is pretty much on their own.

Spoilers: Through "The Gift" the season five finale. Some references to things said in season six, but none are really spoilery.

Feedback: Please tell me what you think about both the story and the series.
You can reach me at msbigbad@msn.com or msbigbad17@yahoo.com -- or join my site at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/bigbadhavens

Note: This series is meant to explain everything that happened between the time everyone was crying for the Buffster and till she was brought back.

Summary: This story shows how desperately everyone misses Buffy. How some are trying to move on and how some might not be able to.

Thanks: I want to thank my best friend Lauren for giving me the strength to finish this series. Also she gets credit for making me a dedicated watcher of the show!!! So lots of luvs to her! Mwahhh! I also want to thank the cast, crew, writers, producers, and everyone else affiliated with the show! Thanks for making it the best damn hour of television ever. Especially James Marsters, which anyone who knows me can tell you that I am beyond obsessed with! He's a great actor, writer, and person!! Last and most defiantly not least I wanna thank you for reading! Especially if you read through all of this crap that I usually don't read!! Lot's of love to ya! Enjoy! Mwahhh!!!

*********************************************************************


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sleepless nights and
Endless days,
And all I do is
Promise to change my ways.
Leave the lights on.
You know I pretend
You're on your way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Dawn had just come from her nightly Spike visit, which of course made her depressed. All they ever talked about was her. It was a comfort though to have someone to talk to. Someone who wouldn't give her a lecture on how her sister wasn't coming back or have to tell her that he'd always be there. He didn't have to tell her, she knew. Tonight he'd been talking about her smile.

"I think that's what I miss most about 'er. 'Cause she didn't smile much anyway. Give that lil I'm better than you I'm so gonna kick you're bloody ass Spike smile but."

They both had laughed at that. It was good to be able to laugh about Buffy instead of crying. Of course they did that too. One of them would start and by the end of the night they'd both be in tears.

She finally reached her house on Revello Drive just as the first beams of sunshine came through the neighborhood. Something was off. The door wasn't locked. Willow always locked the door. She slowly turned the knob. The door creaked as it was carefully opened.

"Buffy!" Dawn gasped.

Her sister, her dead sister, her dead twice sister was sitting in front of her, twirling her fingers through her long blonde hair, happy to see her. This was beyond weird. Even for Buffy. The slayer jumped up enthusiastically and hugged her little sis who wasn't quite so little any more. It seemed Dawn towered above her, but then again so did most people.

"I'm back now" She said.

"How?"

"Willow. I thought that Glory had finally won. I thought I'd never see you again, but then she fixed me. Isn't she great!"

"I'm glad. I missed you." She said tears threatening to pour from her eyes.

"Does Xander know? Or, or Giles?" She went on.

"No, I don't think so." Buffy thought awhile.

"But, oh! Willow went to the magic shop. I'm sure she'll tell Giles about it."

Dawn went to the phone and dialed Xander's number. He and Anya where probably having sex cause it was taking them forever to answer the phone. Finally Anya picked up.

"What" She asked annoyed.

"Anya! It's Buffy! She's back!"

"What?"

"Who is it?" She heard Xander say.

"Dawn. She's delusional. You talk to her." She handed him the phone.

"Dawn?"

"She's back Xander! Buffy's alive!"

"Dawn she can't be alive. We buried her. She's. Well she's dead Dawn. She can't come back. We've been through this."

"This coming from the person who brought her back the first time!"

"Dawn..."

He went on with his babble about how she was dead for a lot longer than a couple of seconds and how if she ever needed anything he'd always be there for her. Which was sweet, but boring and frustrating after the millionth time you heard it. She handed her sister the phone.

"Say hi to Xander."

"Hi Xander!"

There was a thud on the other end of the line that even Dawn could hear. She grabbed the phone back from her sister.

"Xander!"

"Ow! Buffy!"

She heard another crash.

"What was that? Are you okay?"

"You mean that Buffy is right there? With you? Now?"

"Yeah in the flesh. The good kind that's not rotting off and decomposing."

"Stay there."

Then she heard nothing for awhile followed by et et et et et et et et et et et et et et et.

She put the phone back on the charger. Suddenly the front door swung open.

"That was fast" She thought.

"Dawn! Dawn!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back home, today.
To stay.
The way I wished you would.
And I swear to stay ,
The way you wished I would
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was half dressed with his red silk PJ shirt still on. He was speeding down Main Street. Anya was rattling on about how this was probably a dream. That maybe Dawn was playing a trick on them to get attention.

All he could think was that Buffy really was alive. She had to be.

********************************************************************************************

"Dawn!"

"Willow!"

"Dawn, I have to tell you something."

"I know. It's great! How did you do it? Did you use some magical resurrection spell?"

"Resurrection? Oh, Dawnie, no." She said smoothing back a lock of the girls long brown hair.

"It's not, she's not. That's not Buffy."

What is it with you people? None of you believe me! She's alive! She's sitting in the living room Willow. Buffy. It's not my imagination. She's there!"

Willow was about to argue with her when Dawn grabbed her hand and dragged her into the living room where her sister was sitting quietly on the couch.

"Look it's her." She said pointing at Buffy.

"Dawn. I can't bring you're sister back. That's not her. I wish that I could, but ..."

"Willow, she is ba..."

"It's the Buffybot!"

Dawn's whole world came crashing down. It was that stupid robot. What the hell was Willow thinking?

"I'm you're sister Dawn." The bot exclaimed happily before embracing her.

She pushed it away.

"You're not her! You're not Buffy! You're not my sister! You're just a thing! A thing!"

The bot looked confused as Dawn ran up the steps toward her room with Willow on her heels trying to comfort her.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know if
I'm gonna hafta
Redesign my mind.
But tonight I made a wish
And I sure hope that it comes true.
Cause it's been too long without you.
It's been too long!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike felt awful.

Spike felt miserable.

Spike felt drunk.

Spike was all of thee above.

There was nothing on the telly 'cept reruns of Dawson's Creek. Pacey was a bloody idiot. He was sick of love stories anyway. Maybe he should start watching wresting. Something with a bit more violence. No. She wouldn't want the bit to watch that when she came over. Ehhhhhhh! Why did he even care? Since when did William the Bloody care about what everyone else thought. God when did he become such a poofter? And when did he ever entertain lil girls at his place when he wasn't planning on eating them? Since when did he care for anyone but himself?

"Why didn't I kill that bitch when I had the chance?"

He took another gulp of Vodka. Tears stained his face and his head was pounding.

"Bedtime."

He climbed out of his green easy chair and turned off the TV. He stumbled over to the sarcophagus, grabbed his blanket, started back over to his chair, and passed out just a couple of steps from it.

********************************************************************************************

The door to the Summers house swung open.

"Okay, I'm here!"

Silence.

"Dawn? Buffy? Guys?"

Nothing.

He searched the house from room to room, but there was no sign of either of them.

"Maybe they're off having sex somewhere. Let's do the same!" Anya said.

"Ahn!"

"Stop that! Why are you always so grouchy with me? Why are we even fooling with getting married if you're gonna be like that?"

"I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't."

"Xander!"

********************************************************************************************

The sun was shining down on the little blue house with the white picket fence. It was the beginning of spring. The flowers where just starting to bloom, and the grass was still wet with the morning dew. Dawn was playing with a little brown fluff of a puppy. Their son was asleep on a red and black plaid blanket. She was wrapped in his arms, tickling the back of his neck with her breath. Perfect happiness. This was it. He was glad he wasn't Angel. Well he'd always been glad he wasn't Angel. With all of the hair gel and celibacy! Woulda staked himself on the spot. But this was nice.

"I love you. You know that right?" He said taking her hand in his and kissing her fingertips one by one.

"Do you?" She asked. The slightest hint of anger in her voice.

"You couldn't save me.

You couldn't love me.

I still fell.

You couldn't catch me.

You didn't even try.

You don't love me."

Where had the sun gone? Dark clouds rolled in and the wind lashed the trees.
Dawn picked up a knife being bored with the puppy. The rain poured from the black clouds and their son had woken and was screaming. Buffy had pulled away from him and was standing in the rain. Her white summer dress clung to her small frame. Tears washed mascara down her cheeks. Her wet hair was sticking to her face. Dawn was speaking to him now.

"You don't deserve her.

She was mine!

Why did you take her from me?

Why didn't you just leave us alone?

We didn't need you.

You took her away!

I hate you!

I hate you!"

She took the knife in her hands and cut her stomach the same places where Doc had. The puppy went over to his son who was still crying.

He growled and he bit.

He ripped.

The sound was sickening.

There was silence.

The wind was still blowing and trees where falling, but all was silent. Then came a rumbling, and cracking, and light.

"You couldn't save me then.

You don't love me.

You can't save me now.

You'll never love me.

And I'll never love you."

And there she was.

Falling, twitching, and dying in the portal.

And Dawn was bleeding, and cutting, and dying.

And the puppy was eating, and mawwing.

And his son was dead.

And he was trapped.

Fixed in this one position of helplessness forever.

Then he woke up.

He couldn't have been out for too long. It was still daylight outside.
Maybe he'd slept through the night too. Then there came a knocking on his door. Then a thud.

"What the hell was that?" He said sitting up annoyed.

"Aye! Whatever you are! Go way! Tryin' ta get some sleep 'ere."

He heard it again.

"Bloody hell!"

He whipped the covers off and stormed to the door. He jerked it open and received a passionate kiss.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even if I left it all behind
There'd be reason to come back.
Even though I left you far behind
Always thought that you'd
Come here to find me.
Come find me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Faster, Willow!"

"I'm going as fast as I can!"

"Here this will help!"

Dawn slammed Willow's foot harder on the accelerator. The car heaved forward.

"You are never getting a driver's license!"

"Hey at least I've got my permit! Buffy didn't even get that far! They banned her from the DMV like the second time she came!"

"True."

********************************************************************************************

"Maybe they went to the Magic Box to tell Giles."

Xander thought aloud. He finally got in his car. Anya already being there giving up the search long ago when it was apparent that she would not be getting great sex with the deal.

********************************************************************************************

Talk about surprises! You don't get more surprised than when your ex-enemy/love of your unlife who hates you, who's died not once but twice, and who you have disturbing nightmares about, shows up at your crypt door, back from the dead, and plants a hot steamy kiss on you're trembling lips. Spike was pretty surprised.

"Buffy." He finally managed to utter.

"Spike!"

"Buffy!"

"Spike!"

"Buffy!"

"Spike!"

"Buffy!"

"Spike!"

Okay this had to be a dream. It was sounding too much like a movie montage. Any minute now she would start screaming at him and Dawn would be killing herself. Then Buffy would start falling and he wouldn't be able to catch her. It had to be a dream. People didn't just come back from the dead. Well, except for that one time. But this was different. Her breasts looked bigger too. It was a dream. On the other hand, if it was a dream then he could do anything he bloody well wanted. That included her. He grabbed her wrists and pinned her against the wall. He started kissing her neck. Then he moved lower to her bust line and licked his way up to her ear. He lightly nipped it.

"More." She demanded.

Defiantly a dream.

He was undressing her now.

"Tell me you love me." He pleaded.

"I love you." She moaned.

"Tell me you need me. Tell me you want to be with me."

"Oh, Spike! I want you! I need you! Now!"

"Yes."

He whispered as he buried his fingers inside her, making her writh in pleasure.

"I love you Buffy. I love you. God. I love you so damn much. Missed you."

Suddenly she stopped.

"Oh God!" He thought.

"This is where all the yelling starts. And the cutting, and the death."

"Spike?"

"Yeah baby."

"Why doesn't Dawn like me anymore?"

"Wait you saw the bit? Is she okay?"

"I don't know. She called me a thing and, and she said you're not my sister. Why would she say that to me? I am her sister. I know it."

"She's just. We've all had a hard time. An' we just have to get used to it."

"Oh. Okay then. Do you want me to set up a grief program?"

He chuckled.

"Yeah pet, you do that. The Buffy's back again control grou..."

Program.

A thing.

Not her sister.

"Oh God!"

He quickly pulled away from her as if she was covered with holy water. He threw her shirt at her.

"Put this back on." He said buckling his belt.

He took her hand and started dragging her to the door, his shirt in hand. He flung the door open letting in the blinding sunlight.

"Shit!"

He backed away, let go of her hand, and pulled his shirt on over his head.

This whole Buffy's alive but not really thing was seriously fucking up his senses, not to mention his hangover. He uncorked another bottle of vodka with his teeth, took a big swig of it, and took her hand again. They ascended to the lower level of his crypt. Then into the tunnels.

********************************************************************************************

Spike's crypt door swung open.

"Spike! Spike!" Dawn called.

No answer.

Willow ran downstairs then back up.

"He's not here."

"Maybe he's at Willie's." Dawn said.

"Or the magic shop." Willow added.

"Or back at the house." Dawn admitted.

"Okay. Let's go to Willie's then we'll split up. I'll go to the Magic Box and you go home. "

"Okay." Dawn agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come home, today.
To stay.
The way I wished you would.
And I swear to stay,
The way you wished I would
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander and Anya pulled up to the Magic Box hoping to see Willow, Dawn, and most of all Buffy. The bell jangled as they bounded through the door.

"What on earth!" Giles exclaimed.

"Is she here?" Xander said darting behind Giles on each side.

"Is who here? And what are you doing?"

"Buffy."

The man had no idea what he was talking about. But the mention of his slayers name kept his attention.

"Didn't Dawn call you and interrupt You're sex?" Anya blurted out.

"My what!"

He stood in front of her looking exasperated for a few seconds before she answered him.

"OH! Oh. Wait. I forgot. You're old. And British, and well. You probably can't even get it up anymore!"

"Get it up! Now see here! You.."

He was cut short by her patting him on the back reassuringly.

"Poor Giles! Poor, poor little Giles! Ya know they have Viagra for that now! Oh! And there's this spell I know that can help! I use it on Xander all the time!

"Ahn!!" Xander scolded coming from the training room where he had been trying to block out the really bad, wrong, mentally disturbing pictures in his head of Giles' manhood.

*******************************************************************************************

Willie was so not wanting to see the Slayer's witchy friend and kid sister when they came strolling into his bar with attitudes.

"Willie, where's Spike?" She asked.

"How should I know?" He said, starring down at the shot glass he was filling.

Dawn grabbed the back of his head, yanked it back with force and said.

"Where is he?"

"He was here a few hours ago. Bought some liquor and left like he does every night. That's all I know. Honest."

For once in his life Willie was actually telling the truth. He had no idea where Spike was. Frankly, he didn't care. That vamp was bad for business.

Dawn looked back at Willow.

"He's lying."

She started to pull back his head again when Willow put her hand over Dawn's.

"He's telling the truth."

She took a minute before she let go of him.

"So. What do we do now?" She asked.

"I'll drop you off at the house and then I'll go to the magic shop."

********************************************************************************************

Giles was still confused.

"What is all this about Buffy?" He asked.

Xander rolled his eyes at having to stop his search to explain.

"Dawn called us." He said.

"While we where having really good sex!" Anya chimed in.

"But the point is. She said that Buffy was back. Like alive, and I talked to her!"

“To Dawn?” Giles asked.

“No! No!…Well, yeah, but Buffy too!” Xander answered.

“Buffy too?” Giles repeated.

“You know for a book lovin’ man, you’re really slow! I knew that tv we found would rot your mind someday! Before we know it you’ll be researching ways to unscramble porn! Oh and if you do then ya know share the knowledge with the younger generation!” He winked at him. But Giles wasn’t even listening.

"Oh no!" Giles sighed finally understanding what he meant. Before he could fully gather himself he was promptly smacked!

"How can you say that? She's like the daughter you never had. It's not her fault that you could never get it up to have sex, or, or children of you're own! You should be happy that she's back!" Anya went on.

"No! No! No! No!" He said, shaking her off.

"Buffy isn't back."

"What?" Xander questioned.

"Willow. Willow fixed the robot."

"The robot." He said looking defeatedly down at the ground.

"Spike's sexbot. She fixed it?"

"Why? How could she? We all agreed that we wouldn't fix it."

The bell rang again and Willow came through the door in search of Spike and the bot.

"Are they here?" She asked.

Giles confused again with all the pronouns flying around asked.

"Who?"

"Spike and the Buffybot."

Xander was through listening.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Will? How could you do that to us? To Dawn?"

"Dawn knows now." The witch argued.

"But she still thought she had her sister back. I still thought I had my best friend back. Now I’ve lost both of them."

With that he ran to his car and sped away.

"Xander!" Anya yelled.

"He didn't even wait for me."

********************************************************************************************

"Where are we going?"

"You're place." He sighed.

"Nibblet's probably hysterical."

They walked on for another minute or two then he asked.

"WIllow fixed you didn't she?"

"Yes! Isn't she great! Oh! And she's a lesbian! And also my best friend."

"Yeah bloody brilliant that one. Bloody an' dead if I get hold of 'er! Stupid bint!"

********************************************************************************************

They weren't there. She'd searched the whole house and nothing. Not even a sign of them. She hoped Willow had more luck at the shop. She made her way into the kitchen. She really needed food now. For some reason she felt it would comfort her. She looked over at the microwave clock. It was nearly five. Tara would be getting back from her classes soon. That was a comfort. Maybe if she just forgot that today she came home to find her newly not dead sister who was actually a robot who was built to as Tara put it play "checkers" with a certain bleach blond bloodsucker whom she'd been searching for and worried about all day, and the fact that she hadn't had a bathroom break then today could be very comfortable.

********************************************************************************************

He had no idea where the hell he was going. All he knew was that he needed to get away. The scenery looked familiar. The gates of the cemetery passed by his window.

********************************************************************************************


"Oh, this is not my day!" Willow sighed.

The magic shop was out of some of the things she needed to do a locator spell. She'd have to go home and get them. To add to that, Xander had completely went off on her, and Spike and the Buffybot where still missing. Knowing Spike he was probably...well. "Using" the robot at the moment, or having one of his own.

Eww. Mental pictures.

Either way, she needed to find them. Maybe Dawn had found them already.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know if I can wait this long
To be what I used to be.
I don't know if I can wait much longer
For the tide to come back to me.
Come back to me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Spike?"

He looked at her tiredly.

"Yeah?"

She blushed under his gaze. He immediately turned away. Those eyes. They looked so much like...No. It wasn't her. She was smiling too much. She was too cheerful.

"You know I love you, right?"

The words from his dream echoed in his ears.

He slammed her up against the wall of the sewer. She looked pleased. That made him madder.

"Don't you EVER! EVER! Say that to me again."

He looked at her with disgust, then let go of her. He shook his head. Then he punched to wall. Ground his fingers in. Blood ran cold down his knuckles.

They walked on till they finally came to Revello.

********************************************************************************************
"Hey Buff."

He knelt beside her headstone.

"How’s life up there? Or is it death? You know what I mean. Is it boring not getting to kick butt? Or do you get ta kick it for eternity?"

********************************************************************************************


When Tara opened the door she could smell the distinct odor of burning food. She quickly went over to the stove. Nothing. It wasn't even warm. She followed the smell up the steps and into Dawn's room. At first she panicked thinking that the house may have caught fire. Instead Dawn was poking and prodding a pink claw into a smoking easy bake oven.

"Dawn! What are you doing?"

"Making chocolate fudge nut brownies." she coughed as the smoke clouded her face.

"I think you might wanna try something else, sweetie. Maybe pudding or something that doesn't involve heat. I could make you some if you want."

Dawn was about to decline on that offer when she heard the door open downstairs.

"Nibblet!"

"Spike?"

She raced downstairs to find him and the bot in the kitchen.

"Dawn! Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. I thought you'd be the one upset! We've been looking all over for you!"

"Me? Why where you looking for me?"

"Well, I knew the first place she'd go would be your crypt. And I didn't want you to think that Buffy was really back."

"Oh, I knew it wasn't her." He lied.

"What? How?"

"She uh, she came on to me. Knew the Slayer would never of done that."

Dawn erupted into insane giggles.

"What! You could disagree with me a little. Make me feel just a bit sexy." He pouted.

"Oh yeah Spike, you're soooo sexy! With you're bad eating habits, bleached Billy Idol hair, and love of melodramatic tv, how could I resist!"

He was getting a little bit uncomfortable. And Billy Idol stole his hairstyle! He gave her the death look. She saw it and just went on.

"Oh, Spike! I want you so bad! Make love to me now!"

She started to grab at his shirt. He backed away.

"Hey now. Don't go for the kiddies section!"

She punched him in the arm playfully.

"You know I didn't mean that!"

"Aww. So I'm not sexy then?" He laughed.

"I think you're sexy! I love it when you shove me up against the wall and do nasty things to me. I love it when you take off you're shirt. You've got washboard abs! I love you Spike!" The bot assured him.

The pain, hurt, and anger came over him again. He wanted nothing more than to rip that bloody robot's head off 'er shoulders. But he doubted that would be a good effect on the bit, so he resisted.

Dawn saw the hurt on Spike's face. Having something that looked so much like Buffy yet acted so different, acted the way he had wanted Buffy to act toward him. It must hurt an awful lot. Sometimes she wished that she would have jumped off the tower instead of Buffy. Maybe then everyone would be happy.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back home, today.
To stay.
The way I wished you would.
And I swear to stay,
The way you wished I would
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Willow grabbed her purse out of the car and tossed her keys in. She came in the front door and was greeted by Tara. She appeared to be carrying a pink claw with what looked to be a burnt brownie at the end of it. She followed her girlfriend into the kitchen.

"How was you're day?" Tara asked her.

"Oh don't even start! It was..."

"What the hell did you think you where doing!" Spike demanded.

The witch stared back at him, a little surprised.

"I, I..." She started.

"You what? You just decided you'd screw around with everyone? Muck up all our lives! Make us think that she was back! We said we weren't gonna fix the bloody robot!" He screamed.

"Giles thought we needed help with patrol! And what's with everyone asking me what the hell I was thinking! Pick some new way to tell me I really messed up! I'm sorry I didn't tell everyone, but I really didn't think that she was even gonna work! Plus! If vamps don't see Buffy they're gonna think she's dead!" Willow shot back.

"The fucking Slayer is dead! And as for patrol! I'm all the help we damn well need! I'll handle it!" He was pissed.

Tara had had enough. There was reason for Spike to be upset, but he needed to calm down. Willow didn't mean to hurt anyone.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Spike just calm down! Willow didn't mean for any of this to happen." She defended.

He looked almost sorry. Maybe it was because of the way Tara had said it. Maybe it was the fact that she had actually said anything to him. Whichever, he felt bad for sayin it like that. Especially in front of the nibblet. It still hurt though. No one had any idea how much it hurt. To see her. To touch her. To hear her voice again.

"Yeah, well, people don't mean for anything to happen. But it does."

He could hear her inside his head. Filling his mind with painful memories.

"Protect her, for me."


"You couldn't save me.

You couldn't love me.

I still fell.

You couldn't catch me.

You didn't even try.

You don't love me."



"I've gotta go." He headed toward the door.

"Spike!" Dawn called after him.

He shrugged her off and continued to the door.


"You couldn't save me. "

"You don't love me."

He noticed someone following him. He looked back into those emerald eyes. It was the bot.

"Stay." He commanded, and she did.

********************************************************************************************

Tears where flowing freely down his face now.

"Dawn's okay. She misses you. We all miss you. Even Anya. She tries to hide it, but I know she does. Oh! I uh, I wanted to tell you somethin'. I wanted you to be the first to know. Me and Anya are getting married. Or at least I hope we're still getting married. I wish you could be there. Is heaven cool? Is you're mom there with you? Hi Joyce!"

He thinks a minute.

"Can you like, I don't know, see us in the shower? Cause if you can, hey I wanna be dead!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come home, today.
To stay.
The way I wished you would.
And I swear to stay ,
The way you wished I would
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





**--The End--**





Continued in part four of Summer In Sunnydale "Control Freak"