Author's Chapter Notes:
This series is meant to explain everything that happened between the time everyone was crying for the Buffster and till she was brought back.

Also this is my first ever fic so if it's different than my newer fics that's why.
PART FOUR OF THE SERIES
Summer in Sunnydale

By: MsBigBad

*Control Freak*

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the characters used in this story. I'm just using them for entertainment cause I'm an obsessed freak! They belong to UPN, FOX, Mutant Enemy, and the wonderfully talented Joss Wheedon whom I love and adore! “Iris” is by the Goo Goo Dolls and is used w/o permission. City of Angels doesn’t belong to me neither does Nick Cage or that lovely shower scene! (Darn!) X- Men, The Breakfast Club, Molly Ringwalt, Hugh Jackman, and Judd Nelson don’t belong to me either! I use these w/o permission please don’t sue me!!!

Ships: Not really that shippy mostly goes along with the story line but I'll list the ships anyway just so everyone is clear. Spike/Buffy, Willow/Tara, and Xander/Anya. Everyone else is pretty much on their own.

Spoilers: Through "The Gift" the season five finale. Some references to things said in season six, but none are really spoilery.

Feedback: Please tell me what you think about both the story and the series.
You can reach me at msbigbad@msn.com or msbigbad17@yahoo.com -- or join my site at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/bigbadhavens .

Note: This series is meant to explain everything that happened between the time everyone was crying for the Buffster and till she was brought back.

Summary: This story shows how desperately everyone misses Buffy. How some are trying to move on and how some might not be able to.

Thanks: I want to thank my best friend Lauren for giving me the strength to finish this series. Also she gets credit for making me a dedicated watcher of the show!!! So lots of luvs to her! Mwahhh! I also want to thank the cast, crew, writers, producers, and everyone else affiliated with the show! Thanks for making it the best damn hour of television ever. Especially James Marsters, which anyone who knows me can tell you that I am beyond obsessed with! He's a great actor, writer, and person!! Last and most defiantly not least I wanna thank you for reading! Especially if you read through all of this crap that I usually don't read!! Lot's of love to ya! Enjoy! Mwahhh!!!

*********************************************************************
Buffy walked through the graveyard. The vamps were particularly nasty tonight. Just the way she liked it!

“Ah, ah, ah, Mr. Pointy Fangs!” She said pushing the vampire to the ground.

He quickly bounded back to his feet and was on her again.

“That the best you can do?” he asked sounding a bit insulted.

She punched him in the nose then landed a blow to his lower back that sent him to his knees. It was time to go in for the kill. She launched on him, stake in hand. She compiled her whole self into this one moment.

Their mouths crushed together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ You never lose by loving.
You always lose by holding back.”
-- Barbara De Angelis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was stunned.

“What the hell are you doing?” He yelled, still shaking from the rather erotic event.

“Killing you.” She teased.

“Well get off!”

She smiled devishly at him, clearly not getting his meaning. He was sick of this. He threw her off him. She landed with a thud into a headstone.

“Willow! Get over here!” He called.

The witch quickly ran to him, eager to see what had happened. He looked like he had saw a ghost. Maybe he had! Yay! Something ne-…well old but at least it wasn’t a vampire that was a plus! The vamps seemed to be the only evil left in Sunnydale recently.

“I thought she was supposed to be staking me!” He wiped his mouth with his coat sleeve.

“Not bloody molesting me!” He said with disgust.

Willow frowned. “I’m sorry, Spike, but I can’t seem to override the initial programming!”

“Well you better FIND a way!” He spat.

“If she starts tryin’ to kill people with her lips she’s gonna get ‘em bit off!”

“You know she only does that with you.” She tried to reason with him.

“Yeah, well…” He shook his head. He couldn’t stand much more of this.

“See ya later” He said before retreating to his crypt and leaving her with Barbie Buffy.

“Willow?” The bot asked.

“Huh?”

“What’s wrong with Spike? He’s acting all …wrong. He doesn’t even want to ravish my sexy body anymore!”

“Nothing…well except for some things.” She contradicted herself before continuing.

“He’s sad because you…I mean Buffy, cause she’s gone.”

The robot smiled she knew just what to do.

“Well, I could go find her and bring her back here. Then he won’t be sad anymore!”

“No you won’t find her. She’s dead. You can’t bring her back, none of us can.” Willow explained.

“But, but it was sweet of you to offer.” She finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I’d give up forever to touch you,
Cause I know that you feel me somehow.
You’re the closest to heaven I’ll ever be,
And I don’t wanna go home right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as he was inside he sank to the floor and just started rhythmically beating the back of his head against the door.

“Bollicks!”

“What you did for me, and for Dawn, that was real.”

He got up, walked to the fridge, cursed it’s contents, and headed to Willie’s to pick-up some more vodka and cheap whiskey.

***************************

Willow was still outside with the Buffybot when Dawn came looking for Spike.

“Hey Willow!” She greeted her.

“Dawn! What are you doing here?”

“I was gonna go see Spike. Why?” Dawn asked suspiciously.

“I really don’t think now would be such a good time.” Willow said nervously.

“What did you do to him?” She asked.

“Nothing. No. I didn’t! It’s just that he’s busy right now and I don’t think you should see him because you know busy equals grouchy and..”

“Willow, Spike is never busy. He has no life, literally. Besides even if he was he wouldn’t mind if I came over.” She said pushing past the red head.

“Ahh!”

“Hi Dawn!” The bot said getting right up in her face and scaring the shit out of her.

“Okay. What did she do to him?” She asked Willow calmly.

“Oh! Are you talking about Spike! Yay!”

“How did we not know this wasn’t Buffy?” Dawn remarked.

“She’s constantly talking about him!” She went on.

“Yeah I know. It’s one of the many bugs I have to take care of. She kissed him today during training.”

“She what!?!” Dawn exclaimed.

“He’s a really good kisser!” The bot rambled on.

Meanwhile Dawn rushed to Spike’s crypt. When she got inside he was nowhere to be found. She decided that staying there would work a lot better than chasing him halfway around town. He’d have to come back sometime.

When he did he had a whole bag full of cigarettes and alcohol. He could smell her as he ascended to the upper level of his crypt.

“Spike!” She exclaimed happily.

“Whata ya doin’ ‘ere?” He asked setting the bag down on the sarcoughagus.

“Movie night remember?”

“Well…no but..”

“You said we should go see a movie sometime I said I wouldn’t be caught dead with you in a theatre, remember.”

“Yeah, that kind of lead me to believe that there would be no movie watching.” He answered.

“Not in public I meant. So… Tada! Movie night!” She said reaching into her overnight bag and pulling out three movies.

“Right.” He said digging into his own bag and opening a carton of cigarettes. He took out a pack and beat them against the palm of his hand.

Dawn was grabbing some blankets out from her bag, which seemed to a bottomless pit of supplies as she also brought out a bag of buttered popcorn.

He took his silver lighter from his coat pocket and lit the fag hanging from his mouth. He clicked it closed again and exhaled. “So, what’s playin’ tonight?”

“Well I thought we could start out with an action movie, move on to a classic, then finish with a love story.”

Dawn picked out the first movie and popped it into the VCR.

She went back over to Spike’s comfy chair and wrapped herself in the blankets. Then when Spike had finally settled into his part of the small chair she pulled something else out of her bag.

“Wheat-a-bits!” Spike said his eyes wide with wonder.” I’d thought they’d quit making them!”

“You’ve just been, what is it you say, nicking them from the wrong store.” She smiled at him as the previews began to appear.”

**********************************

“Let’s check you out.” Willow said lifting the fleshy slab to plug her USB cable into the bot.

“You think Spike would ‘ve at least programmed a pun or two in here. I guess making you capable of drawing nasty porno sketches was more important to him at the time though.”

“They’re very good sketches!” Buffybot said very excited about showing them to the witch.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna see?”

“No, that’s fine. Let’s just see if we can get you to forget about Spike though.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And all I can taste is this moment,
And all I can breathe is your life.
When sooner or later it’s over,
I just don’t wanna miss you tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Spike had actually sat through the first two movies with her! Nobody ever watched movies with her! She’d seen these two a million times. First they had watched X-Men. Other than the comment on how Ian Mc Kellen was really a Kiwi demon (or something like that, some kind of fruit.) he liked it. He really liked Hugh Jackman, but then again so did she. God, hot, muscles, back…okay anyways no more really good thoughts of Hugh!
He really lied about liking the second one. And as she sat there singing along to “Don’t you forget about me” and watched Judd Nelson hold Molly Ringwalt’s earring and then wear it, he jumped up and hit eject.

“So what’s next?” He asked.

“Just the love story.” She replied.

“What? Thought that was what we just watched!” He said exasperated.

“Nope. The Breakfast Club is defiantly a classic.”

“Well what’s this one about then?”

She took City of Angels from its case and put it into the now warm VCR.

“An angel that falls in love with Meg Ryan.”

“Uh-huh… and it’s called?”

“City of Angels”

“Right, perfect.”

“Well we don’t have to..” She began.

“No. S’okay. Watch what you want, pet. It’s just.. Don’t like that name much.”

“Oh.”

**************************

“Forget Spike! I can’t forget Spike!”

“Sure you can, if I can just find the…”

“But I love him!” The bot pleaded.

“I’m sure you feel that way now, but as soon..”

“I can’t let you do that!” The Buffybot held Willow up by the neck .

“I’m sorry Willow!” She grabbed a nearby vase and clashed it over her head, then bounded out the front door.

****************************

She was getting tired. She’d seen this movie way too many times. She almost had to force herself to cry when Meg Ryan got hit by the truck.

Apart from the time that Dawn insisted they pause on a certain Nicholas Cage shower scene and then finally realizing why they’d paused, covering his eyes and looking away, he’d liked the movie pretty well.

“When they ask me what I liked best… I’ll tell them it was you.”

“What! No! She can’t die! That, that just bollickes up the whole damn movie!”

Maybe too well.

****************************************

“Oh my God! Will!” Xander gasped as he stumbled upon her.

He kneeled on the ground and took her in his arms trying his best to wake her up.

Her eyes fluttered open. “Xander?”

“Will, what happened? Are you okay?”

“I was, I was trying to reprogram the Buffybot. She kissed Spike. And well, she didn’t want me to I guess, so she just… hit me. But I‘m okay though. We need to find her.” She replied. He was looking at her funny.

“Hey! I know that look! That’s the concern face! Aww! Xander! Does this mean you’re not mad anymore!”

He smiled at her reassuringly. “How could I ever stay mad at you?”

“Best friend privilege.” She smiled at him.

“Three guesses where she went.”

*************************************

“If you’d known this was going to happen, would you have done it?”

“Protect her for me.”

“Yes” He whispered.

Dawn had fallen asleep a few minutes ago. Nicholas Cage was breaking down onscreen and he was trying not to.

“I would of rather had one breath of her hair. One kiss of her mouth. One touch of her hand… then an eternity without it… one.”

He was inches from the screen. God he hated movies like this. Okay so normally if he’d even have watched such a poofy movie, he’d of laughed at the poor sod’s misery. But now it was too close. It affected him too much.

Wait. Did this mean he was an angel? God when did he become such a wanker?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I don’t want the world to see me,
Cause I don’t think that they’d understand.
When everything’s made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door to his crypt swung open and the Buffybot came running up to him. She embraced him in a rib-cracking hug.

“I couldn’t do it! I couldn’t! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to!”

He forced her away. Dawn sat up in her chair.

“Calm down.” He said with force.

“Now what did you do?”

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to! But she was gonna make me forget you!” She cried.

“Who?” He demanded.

“Willow, she’s a lesbian, and my best friend! I can’t believe I did that to her!” The bot continued.

Dawn spoke up worried about her friend. “What did you do to Willow?”

“She was gonna make me forget Spike! I didn’t mean to, but I kinda knocked her out with Joyce, our mother’s, pottery.”
“Dawn looked relieved that Willow was still alive and almost well. Spike on the other hand was furious. He clenched and unclenched his jaw and then said.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Are you completely off your bird? You could have killed her!”

“I couldn’t let her make me forget you!” She was crying and grabbing at his t-shirt.

He kept throwing her off him, each time more violent than before.

“I love you! I love you Spike! I love you! Please, I don’t wanna forget you! Don’t make me forget you! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt her!”

He pushed her away again with so much force that she stumbled back and hit the wall. He looked as though he were hyperventilating though he didn’t need to breathe.

“C’mon Dawn. She’s dangerous. We need to take her back to Willow. That is if nuts and bolts here hasn’t given her brain damage! She can deactivate ‘er. S’for the best.” He said looking forcefully at her.

“No! You can’t She’s kinda like Buffy! We can’t just kill her!” Dawn argued.

“This,” He grabbed the bot’s arm.

“Is not Buffy! This is not your sister!”

“This,” He said with disgust.

“Is not the Slayer! This is a mistake that should have never been made!” He screamed.

“She’s not real, Dawn!…Now get your jacket and lets go.”

“No!” She yelled.

“No?” He said surprised by her actions.

“No. She’s real to me! She was afraid!”

“She’s dangerous!” He argued.

“Yeah, and you’re captain safety!” She mocked.

“You know I would never…”

“Not now, but a couple of years ago you woul…”

“That’s different!”

“Why? Why is it different?…Because Buffy was still alive? Because she was still treating you like crap?”

“Shut-up!” He warned.

“I’m not afraid of you! If she,” She pointed at the bot who was now huddled in the corner where she’d fell crying for Spike and asking forgiveness. “was a mistake, then she must have been a damn good one! Because besides me she’s the only thing to ever care about you! She was afraid of losing you! Tell me was Buffy ever that concerned for your welfare? Did she ever care for you like this mistake does?”

He was silent for a while. The whole of the world seemed to be silent. Even the bot stopped crying. She settled instead for lying flat on the floor and staring at the ceiling.

“No” He shook his head.

“No she didn’t. She didn’t have to. I was content with knowing that she trusted me with the most precious thing in her whole world. That’s all I need.” He finished.

“Yeah, I see. You’re perfectly happy smashing your fists into walls, having nightmares, and crying all the time!” She shot back.

“I don’t cry all the time! Damn-it!”

“Whatever. She’s the closest thing I have to my sister and you’re not taking her away cause it hurts YOU too much! You’re not the only one that hurts Spike! I miss her too! Everybody misses her! And if this,” She pointed a t the bot once more. “Is as close to having her back as I’m gonna get! Then I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let anyone take her away from me! I need her!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And you can’t fight the tears that ain’t comin’,
Or the moment of truth in your eyes.
When everything feels like the movies,
And you bleed just to know you’re alive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door opened again. Xander and Giles stepped in. Giles seemed extremely out of breath.

“Thank…God… we got here… in time!”

Xander approached the Buffybot, who was crying for Spike once more.

“Bad Buffybot! Bad girl! You shouldn’t have hit Willow like that! Bad! Bad!”

“That’s quite enough Xander!” Giles chided.

The bot continued calling for Spike.

“I love you! Can’t you see! She didn’t love you! But I, I can love you forever! She didn’t love you! I love you! You can’t bring her back! None of us can!”

Spike turned to Dawn as silent tears flowed one by one from his crystal blue eyes.

“Do whatever you want. But keep that thing away from me! That includes training, everything. I never want to see a one of you ever again!” He shouted.

He shook his head. “I’m done. Said it yourself, no one cares about me. You couldn’t. The way you just went on, you couldn’t. Felt more love from your sister than from you now.”

“Spike, I” Dawn started.

“Get out” He whimpered.

“But…”

“GET OUT!” He screamed turning his chair over and spewing dawn’s things all over his crypt.”

Giles and Xander carried the still protesting bot out. Dawn quickly picked up her things and slowly closed his crypt door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I don’t want the world to see me,
Cause I don’t think that they’d understand.
When everything’s made to be broken.
I just want you to know who I am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You can’t bring her back! None of us can!”

The end

Continued in part 5 of Summer In Sunnydale “Oblivion”.