Chapter Two

Spike ran into his crypt, slamming and bolting the door before heading deeper inside. He had finally
lost the cult and just in time too as the daybreak was just a few seconds off. He headed for the sarcophagus that doubled as his bed and took out the thing that he carried from under his jacket.

As he ran, it had lost its glow and now he could see that it was some kind of egg the size of a football.
It was bluish white and it had a strange marking on it, a golden triangle with a half shaded star in the
middle. He looked at it closer, running his fingers lightly over the smooth warm shell. He quickly pulled
back when he cut his finger on the triangle.

“Soddin’ egg.” he cursed as looked at his finger before he sucked the blood off, never noticing that
the blood that had dripped on the shell was absorbed..

It didn’t look like much but he was in Sunnydale and there were a lot of people who would buy something like this. He bet if he went to the right buyer, he could get a large lump of dough for it. He put the egg in the sarcophagus, pulling what little blankets he had around it to keep it warm and such before he put a large candle next to it. He lit the candle with his lighter and shut the lid enough to keep the heat in without cutting off the oxygen.

“There we go.” he announced. “That should do it until I find someone to buy you. Nice little incubator and hiding place all rolled into one. I don‘t need any pesky slayer and her bunch to come and collect you just yet.”

As if on cue, Buffy charged in with a stake in her hand. She grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him against the wall.

“Hey!” he complained. “Watch where you’re pointin' that thing! What gives Slayer?”

“Where is the glowing light thing?” she demanded.

“I got rid of it just like you said.” he lied. He yelped when she pressed the stake in his chest. “Bloody hell! I’m tellin' you I did! I threw it in the river and it bloody sank!”

“You better not be lying to me Spike.” Buffy threatened. “If I find out that you did--”

“You’ll stake me good and proper.” Spike asked as he pulled loose, glaring at her. “Ever think of changin' the tune luv?”

She shrugged before she punched him in the nose and stormed out.

Several weeks later....

Harmony looked around the crypt that has been her home for the last couple of days. She and Spike were together again which made her happy but as she looked at the all the dust and cobwebs and beer bottles lying around, she knew she needed to tidy it up a bit.

She started by fluffing up the pillows on the couch and started coughing as the dust flew up and went up her throat. With disgust, she threw them down and waved her hand in front of her face to clear the air when she noticed a light coming from the sarcophagus.

Curious, she walked over and peeked inside.

She couldn’t see anything so after she looked around to make sure Spike wasn’t around before she pushed the lid open a bit more and gasped. The candle burned brightly giving off light enough to see inside. There were broken pieces of what looked like eggshells but she couldn’t be sure cause they were blue and she hasn‘t seen eggs that were blue before.

But what caused her to gasp was the fact that a little baby girl slept under a blanket, her hands in little fists as she dreamed. Unlike other babies that were known to be bald, this one had a full head of dark hair and cream colored skin. Harmony squealed in excitement.

She couldn’t believe that her Blondie Bear would give her a baby to eat! She had never had one before but she heard that they were quite juicy and sweet from the vampires in L.A.

“What are you doin’ Harm?”

She twirled around to see Spike climbing out of the lower level, a cigarette hanging from his lips. She ran forward and hugged him before pulling back to kiss him. “Oh thank you, thank you!” she gushed. “I didn’t know that you cared!”

Spike looked at her as if she grown another head. “What the bloody hell are you talkin’ about?”

Harmony pulled him towards the sarcophagus and showed him the baby. “For this,” she said. “She’s so small and looks good enough to eat.”

Spike glanced at the baby in surprise before he frowned. “Aw, bloody hell.”

He saw the broken egg shells and just knew what had happened. His demon egg must have hatched and the baby must have been inside it. Damn. Now he knew he would never be able to find a buyer. No one would believe that this human looking brat is a demon.

He sighed before reaching down to poke at the kid.
She moved but didn’t wake. He poked harder and her eyes opened up. She looked up at him and he swore that he seen those eyes before...green with little flecks of gold and hazel. When she saw him, she smiled and giggled, reaching up to grab his finger.

A strange feeling of warmth went through him as she held on to him with amazing strength before letting go. The feeling disappeared, leaving him confused as Harmony bent to pick up the baby, making cooing noises and purring as she held the baby close to her.

“Oh you’re sooo cute!” she said a in a high pitched voice. “So soft and warm...like the sun.” She felt sad for a second, regretting that she could never go outside during the day because she would turn to dust before she squeezed the baby. She looked at Spike, her eyes wide with hope. “Can we keep her?”

Spike sighed. He knew she was going to ask him that. “I don’t think so kitten. Babies are a lot of work and not to mention, we’re vampires. We’re supposed eat babies, not keep them as bloody pets.”

“But Spike,” she whined. “I promise to take care of her and feed and cloth her. She won’t be in the way at all I swear!” Spike growled in disapproval as she walked towards the fridge to see if there was anything to eat. After all, she was hungry.

“Harm, I said no and I mean--” he stopped when he heard the high pitched squeal and instantly ran towards Harmony, thinking in a panic that she was eating the baby.

He stopped when he saw that the baby had her fists in Harmony’s hair, yanking on it and it was Harmony who was squealing. He started laughing before he walked over to save Harmony.

The baby giggled as she looked into his eyes, concreting his descision for him.

“Okay Harmony.” he replied as he juggled the baby. “We’ll keep her.”

Harmony rubbed her head before jumping up and down in joy.

She kissed Spike on the mouth before she stroke the baby’s cheek. “Oh thank you! Thank you!” she kissed him again. “You won’t regret it!”

“I don’t think I will.” he agreed.