The first thing Buffy did the next morning was run to the bathroom and throw up every bit of the contents of her stomach. She felt horrible and was seriously wondering what had ever possessed her to drink that much. She blamed it on the boredom.

And then she remembered the other things the boredom had driven her to do…

"Oh my god," Buffy said as she leaned against the sink in the bathroom, staring at herself in the mirror. What had she done? As if dancing with that poor guy the way she had hadn't been enough, what she'd done when she'd heard him come home…

She blushed, horror and mortification creeping up on her. He probably thought she was the biggest hobag ever. She leaned in with a whimper, her head resting against the mirror as she waited for the floor to open up and swallow her.

Much to her chagrin, it didn't. She was still standing there and the night had not managed to make itself magically disappear. She stood up straight again, groaning as she did.

There was only one thing left to do. She'd have to avoid William at all costs so as not be reminded of her humiliating behavior. Shouldn't be too hard. He only lived next door to the place where she'd be living for the next seven months while she finished out the school year…

Buffy whimpered, wondering if it was still too late to sign up for the French Foreign Legion.

*** *** ***

"William? Dearheart, are you going to sleep the morning away?"

William woke to a gentle tapping on his door and the sound of his mother's voice on the other side of it. As he came fully awake, the events of the night before came flooding back to him, and he flushed in embarassment. Would his mother know the horrible things he'd done?

"William? It's getting late, my darling. Are you all right?"

"Just…just a minute, Mother!" he called, getting out of bed and finding his robe, wrapping it around himself. He took his glasses from his bedside table, putting them on before answering the door. "Good morning," he said, unable to look his mother in the eye.

"Good morning." His mother regarded him for a moment, and William swallowed, wondering if she was about to condemn him for the sins he had committed the night before. Instead, she reached up, stroking his cheek softly. "Oh, my sweet boy—did it not go well with the Underwood girl?"

William shook his head. "No. She…she isn't interested."

"It's her loss, William. You're a very good boy—too good for her," his mother assured him.

William merely nodded, Cecily's cruel words from the night before still taunting him. You're beneath me…

"I hope this was not too forward of me, but Mr. Giles has a cousin about your age staying with him for the next several months, and I told him you would be willing to show her around our town. If that would be acceptable with you."

William's heart leapt into his throat. How could he manage to spend time alone with Buffy after what he'd done the night before? "I'm sure that the girl would much rather spend her time with someone other than me, Mother. I'm not very good company."

"Nonsense," his mother replied. "You are wonderful company, William. Any young woman with any sense in her head at all would love to spend the day with you." She smiled at him, a twinkle in her eye. "I've yet to meet her myself, but I've heard she's quite the beauty."

"I…I don't think I should. I would be imposing."

"No, you wouldn't. William, I won't force you, but I do wish you would do this. I appreciate all you do for me, but you can't stay confined to the house with your old mother all the time. You need to spend time with people your own age. This could be the perfect opportunity for you to get out into the world."

William racked his brain for what he could tell his mother, but all he could think of was "I can't see her because last night I wanked off while watching her pleasure herself in her bed," and that was not something he was about to admit to his mother. He nodded, hoping he didn't regret this later. "I'll do it."

"That's wonderful! I'll call Mr. Giles now and let him know that you'll be over this afternoon to pick her up."

William's eyes bugged. "This afternoon? As in today?"

"Yes. Did you have other plans?"

"Not exactly…"

"Then I don't see any reason why you should put it off," his mother said. She kissed him on the cheek. "Get dressed and then come downstairs and eat, darling."

William gave his mother a nod before she turned and walked down the hallway. One thought kept going through his head.

He was royally buggered.

*** *** ***

Buffy could not believe this had happened to her. Giles had insisted she go into town with William, telling her that staying in her bedroom all day was not appropriate behavior. Her parents had wished for her to make "healthier" relationships than the ones she had had back home, and he was convinced that the quiet, unassuming William was the perfect person to facilitate that.

She had a theory he just wanted her out of his house for a while, but she kept that one to herself…

So she was sitting in the passenger's seat of William's car, trying to ignore that metaphorical elephant sitting in the backseat. William's hands were gripping the wheel tightly, his eyes staring straight forward, and Buffy slumped. He'd barely said two words to her since they'd left, and she didn't even want to begin to speculate as to what he probably thought of her.

She took a deep breath, deciding the best thing she could do was clear the air a little. It was obvious now that her avoiding him plan was not going to work, since her cousin apparently thought they should be the best of friends or something. She took a deep breath before stating quickly, "I was drunk last night."

William gave her a brief sideways glance. "Oh."

"I'm really sorry if I embarrassed you or something. I didn't mean it. I was just, well, really, really drunk."

William's heart sank at her words. She hadn't meant it… Of course she hadn't. It had merely been the alcohol. He'd been crazy to think for even a moment that it had been anything else. He was William the Bloody Awful Poet, laughing stock of everyone he knew. Women weren't interested in him, especially beautiful, sensual ones like Buffy Summers. "I assumed as much," he said, keeping his eyes on the road and not daring to look at her again. She'd be able to see the tears forming in the corner of his eyes, and he couldn't stand to hear her ridicule him. "Women certainly never react that way to me on purpose."

Buffy heard the pain in his voice and wanted to kick herself. "That isn't what I meant. God, I tried to smooth this over, and I just fucked it all up."

William blushed at her course language. "It's…it's really quite fine, Miss Summers."

"No, it isn't. I was a total slut puppy last night. And I am pretty sure I remember asking you to call me, Buffy…"

"Right, Buffy. And last night was not your fault," William said. "It was I who was too forward."

"You? Please? I dragged you onto the dance floor and practically molested you." Buffy decided to feign complete innocence about what had happened once they'd both returned home. This part was difficult enough.

"I should not have touched you in such a way. It was inappropriate. And I should've known that you would never normally been attracted to a man such as myself and left you alone. I apologize."

Buffy frowned. There he went again, cutting himself down. Certainly Cecily's rejection alone couldn't have done that to him… "No, don't apologize. You did nothing wrong. And I never once said I'm not attracted to you."

The car swerved slightly before William regained control and straightened it back in the lane. "You…you shouldn't tease, Miss Su…Buffy."

"I'm not. I don't know what's wrong with the women in Merry Ol' England, but you're a major hottie." The words had left Buffy's mouth before she'd had a chance to think about them, though now that she did, she realized they were certainly true. He seemed unaware of his hotness, his hair and clothes giving that away, but with his tight body and chiseled features, he was certainly good looking. And those eyes… A girl could get lost in those.

His grip on the steering wheel tightened. "I…I don't believe anyone has ever told me such a thing before."

Buffy smiled slightly to herself. She'd written her "Seduce the Virgin" plan off as the thought of a crazy drunken woman, but suddenly the idea was starting to have a sober appeal as well. This guy was in a serious need of a self-esteem boost, and the best way she knew to do that was to fuck his brains out. She was being a humanitarian, really.

The fact that she got to see the body she just knew he was hiding and ride that huge cock she'd felt pushing into her the night before was simply an added bonus.

"Well, then you must hang out with a lot of blind people," Buffy said. "'Cause just those cheekbones alone of yours are damn yummy."

The cheeks in question turned a deep crimson, along with the rest of his face. "We…I…this conversation isn't appropriate,"

Buffy fought the urge to roll her eyes. Him and his ideas on what was "appropriate." She was going to have so much fun throwing those out the proverbial window… She smiled to herself as they made the rest of the drive in silence, plotting her next move.

*** *** ***

"Oh god, stores," Buffy said as they pulled into town. "I haven't seen one of those in weeks."

"So it's true that all you American women do is shop?" William asked as he found a parking space.

Buffy glanced beside her and saw the corners of his lips tugging upwards in an almost smile. "Why, William, are you teasing me?"

The blushing quickly returned, and Buffy wanted to smack him upside the head. "I…I apologize. I didn't mean to…"

"William, really. Chill. Tease me all you want. I'm a big girl. I can handle it."

"Still, I shouldn't have. I'm sure you have many hobbies, and…"

"And I love to shop. So let's get out and do some, okay?"

William nodded, getting out of the car. He immediately hurried to her side, opening the door and holding it for her. "Well, aren't you sweet," Buffy said, giving him a genuine smile. "American boys are rarely this polite."

William looked down at the pavement. "My mother taught me to be a gentleman."

"She did a good job," Buffy said. He shut the door behind her, and Buffy linked her arm with his. "Come on, I feel like doing some damage with my father's platinum card. Funny how he managed to send me away and give me guilt money at the same time. I guess it was a way to appease both his personalities."

"Your…your father really sent you away?" William asked as they walked towards the first store Buffy saw.

"Both my parents actually."

"Why…why would they do that?" William couldn't imagine someone not wanting their children around. The thought of his mother ever sending him away made him feel cold inside.

"They were sick of all those prostitution and drug charges."

William stopped, his jaw dropping. Buffy looked back at him, laughing. "Okay, this time I'm teasing you. I was having some problems at school. They thought I'd do better in a more 'disciplined' environment."

"Oh."

They resumed walking to the store, Buffy hitting the racks as soon as they were inside. She glanced over at William, wondering what sort of clothes would turn him on the most. Would he be the type to go for skimpy and obvious, or would he prefer something that he could take off piece by piece, slowly revealing her to his eyes. She doubted he even knew, being the virgin he was, and decided she should go with both. They could experiment…

She pulled a small, red halter from the rack, looking it over. She was about to put it back when she noticed William staring at it, his eyes slightly glazed over. Buffy grinned to herself as she turned to him, handing him the couple of other items she'd already pulled. "Would you hold these for me? I like this shirt, but I'm not sure it's my size. I want to try it on."

William nodded as he took the clothes, his ability to talk apparently gone elsewhere. "Thanks!" Buffy said, sauntering towards the dressing rooms. William followed her diligently, sitting on a bench outside and waiting for her.

Buffy emerged a few minutes later, the scrap of red material barely covering her chest and mid-section. "So, how does it look?"

William was grateful that he'd set her clothes in his lap, as the sight in front of him gave him an immediate and raging hard-on. "It…it looks good," he said, his voice almost a squeak.

"Oh this one is sooo coming home with me," Buffy thought. "Thanks! I'll go put my other shirt back on now."

"O…okay."

When Buffy came back out, she noticed that William was still struggling to get a hold of himself. She knew the nice thing would be to back off a little, but she didn't want to be nice. She wanted to be naughty. "I can take those back now," Buffy said, holding her hands out for the clothes.

"No, I've got them," William insisted, keeping them in front of him.

This was almost too easy, but it wasn't taking any of the fun out of it, Buffy decided. Instead, it made her want to up the ante. Buffy walked over to a lingerie display, William following her without seeming to realize where she was going. When it dawned on him, his face flared up again.

"What do you think?" she asked, turning around and holding up two pairs for his inspection. "The silk or the lace?"

She'd expected a comment about how that was not an appropriate topic for discussion, but it seemed that his ability to think—let alone speak—was now gone. He started at the two thongs she was holding his mouth opening and closing like a fish. "I could use some help here, William," Buffy said, suppressing her grin.

"I…I don't…they're both…oh god…"

Buffy shrugged. "Fine. Both then." She tossed them on top of the pile he was holding, watching as his eyes zeroed in on them. She gave him points for still being able to stand upright. She turned back to the display, going through the different pairs of panties, until she pulled out another one. "Ooh, these are the kinds that tie on the sides. Wish I'd had these with my ex. He was forever just ripping them off. I went through more underwear that way." She tossed a couple pairs onto the pile.

William trembled, closing his eyes and trying to think about anything but the fact that an absolutely gorgeous woman was shopping for skimpy underwear right in front of him. Was she trying to kill him? Certainly she had no idea what sort of affect she was having on him, and William just knew that she'd be horrified to know how hard this had made him. He was such a pervert.

When he opened his eyes again, Buffy was holding up a red G-string. "You know, I've heard the argument against these things. People say what's the point of wearing any underwear if it's not going to cover anything? But I say, what's the point of covering anything if you're just going to pull it right off?"

William's eyes bulged, and Buffy wanted to laugh. She knew she was being pretty damn close to evil, but she couldn't help it. This was too much fun. And it wasn't like she was just being a tease. She fully intended to go through with what she was tempting him with. She tossed the G-string on to the pile, then turned, spotting a pair of jeans. "Ooh…wouldn't my ass look great in those?"

William coughed, the pile of clothes he was holding almost falling to the ground. Buffy made her way over to the jeans, and William followed, wondering if this was some sort of test, and if it was, how could be ever hope to pass?

*** *** ***

William had insisted on carrying her bags out of the store as they left, and Buffy wasn't sure if it was because he was just being a "gentleman" or because he still had a raging hard-on. She imagined it was probably a little bit of both.

Buffy froze as she looked across the street, seeing Cecily Underwood and her gaggle sitting in front of a café. They spotted Buffy with William and quickly dissolved into a fit of giggles. Buffy's eyes narrowed, feeling the urge to march right across the street and scratch out the other girl's eyes. She'd hated Cecily from the first day of school, her constant snide remarks enough to drive Buffy insane.

Without giving it a thought, she turned and grabbed William, kissing him hard. He froze, making a muffled sound as he struggled for a moment, but Buffy held on tightly to him, refusing to let him break away. He soon gave in, his lips becoming soft and yielding beneath hers. She forgot all about Cecily, her only thoughts centering on the man she was kissing now. She seriously doubted he'd ever kissed a woman before, but he seemed to be a natural at it—much better than many of the more experienced men she'd been with.

She coaxed his mouth open with her tongue before finding his and gently massaging it with her own. William paused for only a moment before he gave into the French kissing, one of his arms going around her waist. Buffy knew without a doubt that there was something very sensual under his shy demeanor, something almost primal. She thrilled at the thought of awakening it, of being the first woman to touch the beast she was certain was inside him. She moaned into his mouth, pushing herself against him as she had when they were dancing.

William groaned, the small woman in his arms setting his every nerve ending on fire. His lungs burned for air, but he didn't pull away, the taste of her too intoxicating for him to give it up.

When they finally did break apart, William and Buffy were both panting, their eyes locked on each other. With a small smile, Buffy reached up, adjusting his glasses. Her hand lingered on his face for a moment as she traced the edge of his cheekbone. She glanced over his shoulder to see Cecily, definite anger on her face, and was that—jealousy? Buffy smirked to herself. That would show the bitch…

"So, you up for some more shopping?"

William nodded, not trusting his own voice, but knowing at that moment, he'd follow her anywhere…

*** *** ***

Thanks to everyone who reviewed the first chapter. Please keep it up!