Chapter 12: Hospital
Dawn and Spike headed into the local hospital. Dawn went to the front desk and asked for directions to room 434. As they entered the elevator, Spike started to fidget. “Nervous?” Dawn asked slyly.

“What am I going to say to her? I mean, what is she going to do?” He was pacing in the little space he could. His mind was racing. Flashbacks of the last night they were together, when he tried to rape her entered his mind. Pictures of her having fun with him, laughing, smiling. Figments of his memories flashed as he remembered their first meeting, each encounter, his realization that he loved Buffy, her death, her rebirth. Everything was flashing. If Spike was human, he would have fainted.

“I wouldn’t worry about that, now, Spike. She will be too shocked to see you. She never thought you would see you, again. I think she will be happy and then the shock will wear off, that is when you have to worry. That’s when she will forget that she is happy to see you, and she will remember why you left. You two have a lot to talk through. I hope you two can before you kill each other.” Dawn smiled. Spike has no idea that Buffy wants him back in her life. Guess he will find out soon. “Please, PLEASE, tell her soon that you got your soul. I am sure that will work to your advantage.”

Spike looked at her like she just slapped him. “How… how did you know?”

“Hello, mystical KEY here. I can see it, very pretty, kinda shiny.” Dawn giggled. Ever since Glory was banished she developed some strange powers. Dawn researched the Key’s origins and powers, but didn’t come up with anything concrete.

“What, why didn’t you tell me?” Spike and Dawn got off on the fourth floor of the hospital.

“Just like how you didn’t tell me, huh?” Dawn crossed her arms on her chest.

“Touché, ‘Bit,” Dawn giggled.

“Ok, room 434, this way. Your Lady awaits.” Spike snorted. Yeah HIS LADY. Buffy was not a lady, and she would never agree to be his. “OK, here we are. Stay out here until I tell you, OK?” Spike nodded and Dawn turned to walk in the room.

“Oh my god, DAWN.” Elizabeth got up from her chair. “Emily, do you remember my sister Dawn?” The woman in the bed opened her eyes, nodded slightly, and closed her eyes again. “Sorry, they just drugged her up, she’s a little loopy. What are doing in my neck of the woods?”

“I missed my sister and she wasn’t returning my calls, I was getting worried.” Dawn scolded Elizabeth like she was a child.

Buffy looked down at the floor, “Sorry, I’ve been a little out of it lately, with the attack and all. You didn’t have to come here. They are releasing Emily tomorrow, so I would have eventually caught up on the calls.”

“Plus, I brought someone to see you.” Dawn got enough courage to introduce Spike. She ducked back out in the hallway and grabbed Spikes arm pulling him around the corner. “Come in.”

Spike emerged from the corner and looked up at his golden goddess. She was wearing a short blue jean skirt and light green crop tank top. All Spike could think was that she was a goddess. She wasn’t as thin as the last time he saw her, but she definitely was still too thin. Her stomach was flat, but her breasts had grown rounder and more mature. Her hair was darker and shorter, but still very beautiful. Her muscles on her arms and legs were more defined, she didn’t look as weak as she used to. She actually had a defined six pack and she had a belly button ring. Her whole body exuded power, beauty, and grace.

Elizabeth’s eyebrow arched as Dawn grabbed someone from the hallway. It was SPIKE. He looked the same. No, something was different. He wasn’t as cocky as he was before. No, that wasn’t it, something else. He was wearing his ever ready black jeans and black t-shirt. Clothes weren’t different. His hair was still bleached. That wasn’t different. It didn’t matter what was different. He was here, standing in front of her, finally. Elizabeth couldn’t believe it, he came back.

The instant that Spike walked into the room, Elizabeth slowly inched her way closer to him until she was a foot away. He prepared himself for a punch or kick, but what she did was unexpected. She wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered, “You came back, I missed you so much, Spike.”

This had to be a dream. No way would the Slayer, admit she missed him. And then he felt it. A delicate, but noticeable kiss on his shoulder. She withdrew after a moment. But the emotion on her face could last Spike a lifetime. Dawn chuckled at the two as the gazed at each other without masking their emotions. Each not believing the other was standing right there.

“Ahem,” both looked at Dawn. “Maybe since Emily is not with it, we should go to your house and talk?” This brought Elizabeth out of her trance as she nodded slowly. “We have a car, so we will just meet you there, OK?” Dawn grabbed Spike’s arm and dragged him away, but Spike couldn’t get his eyes off of the woman standing in front of him. Dawn dragged him down the hallway muttering, “Well, that couldn’t have gone better.”