Chapter 15 Morning

The house as deathly still when Dawn awoke. After the initial meeting and Spike running down the beach, Dawn was worried she made a mistake by telling him Buffy was alive and bringing him to her. Hopefully Buffy found him before the sun did, Dawn wasn’t sure if Spike would recognize this house from the beach. Dawn crept quietly into the bathroom to change out of her nightclothes. Listening at the door, Dawn heard nothing. She slips out of the bathroom and walks purposefully to her sister’s bedroom. She opens it slightly to look in and gasps. Dawn never thought she would ever see the image that she was seeing right then. On the big king size bed was her fully clothed sister, her back propped up on the headboard, and in her lap was a certain sleeping vampire. All the blinds and curtains were drawn to protect him from the harsh light of day. The deep purple room looked even darker. Buffy’s fingers were running through Spike’s hair gently, almost like she was petting him and it almost sounded like someone was purring. Buffy looked up at Dawn’s gasp and smiled. “Shhhh, he’s sleeping.” Buffy motioned for Dawn to come in.

“What do you think you are doing?” Dawn hissed. “If he knew what you are doing…”

“Shhh, or he will wake up and I think he knows what I am doing. After I found him, we talked, OK? He agreed to come home right before the dawn, but as you know, most of the house has windows with no blinds. So the only logical thing was for him to sleep here. After I brought him back, I was about to leave, but he asked me to stay here and just hold him.”

“When did you start doing what Spike asked you to?” Dawn accused, trying to hurt her sister’s feelings as much as her sister hurt Spike. IT was no fair that they blew up at each other and then lay down like nothing happened.

“Dawn, this isn’t the time or place. After Spike wakes up naturally, you can yell at me all you want for whatever reason you seem to be mad at me for. But right now, he is sleeping and he needs the rest.” Not to mention that Buffy herself is exhausted. The amount of emotion that ran through her when she looked into his eyes when he stepped around the corner would have tired her out to sleep for two days straight and add to that the emotion behind her earlier speech to Spike and Dawn. Not only was Buffy physically tired, but she was emotionally drained, also.

“Fine, whatever just don’t hurt him. He has been through a lot.”

“I know.” Buffy looked down at the sleep vampire.

“No, I don’t think you do. But you will,” Dawn said cryptically. “I am going to the beach. Maybe pick up some beach bum.” She was trying to change the subject. Knowing how Buffy acted towards Spike and knowing how it affected him was too much for her to bear.

“Yeah, I am sure Sam would let you do that.” Buffy giggled at the thought of her best friend scarring away all the guys around Dawn. Smiling at the thought of Dawn being angry and not realizing that Sam was being territorial because he liked her, Buffy shook her head.

“See, I don’t have to worry about that, he isn’t going to be there.” Dawn smiled to herself thinking of the big guy ‘protecting’ her from all the guys. He would be in that swim suit, too. Mmmm, yummy Sam in a bathing suit.

“Oh, he would if I called him and told him you were looking for a beach bum to bring home to have your way with.”

“Buffy you wouldn’t!” Dawn protested.

“If you wake Spike up, I will,” Buffy scolded.

“Fine, whatever. See you later.” Dawn turned around to go back to her room trying not to snicker. It was strange to see Spike laying there with his eyes wide open, looking straight at her while Buffy had no idea he was awake for the whole conversation. As she turned around, Spike closed his eyes and enjoyed the nurturing Buffy. She seemed to have grown up. Not only that her body was different, much softer than he remembered, but she also seem to have emotionally matured. From what she indicated before, she stopped running away from her feelings. Not only from the past but her present and future feelings. Spike was amazed that she admitted that she was feeling love or something close to it back then. He knew she felt something, but he never could get her to admit it. Every time he pushed for clarification, she would shut down and run off. If he tried to stop her, she would punch him in the nose and run off. Either way, she ran away. But this beauty that was stroking his hair wasn’t running. In fact, he heard her heart slow down as she must be drifting into sleep.

After Dawn left the room, Buffy shut her eyes and started to replay the conversation that she just had. What had Dawn meant when she said Buffy had no idea what Spike has been through. Evidently, Spike hadn’t told her yet. She could wait; he already took the first step and came here to see her. Buffy still couldn’t believe that Spike was here, in her arms. She thought about it for years, dreamt about the long nights they could spend together on the beach under the moonlight. Hopefully, she would still be able to get to live those fantasies out. After the initial shock of seeing him, the subsequent fight, she didn’t think he would be able to sit in the same room, let alone sleep in her arms. Slowly, her brain shut down as she fell into deep sleep. Vaguely she felt a weight move on her lap and something tugging on her legs so she could slip down to a horizontal position. The last thing she felt was a comforter spreading out on her and his body moving back next to her, wrapping his arms around her. Both slept peacefully.
~*~*~*~


Spike woke up with a start, automatically reaching across the bed for her, but all he found was a cold bed. She must have left a while ago. Quietly, he got up and headed for the door, but before he could turn the handle, he remembered Buffy’s earlier declaration that the house was mostly windows without blinds. He was stuck. In her bedroom. Filled with her personal belongs. A wide grin spread across Spike’s face and mischief filled his eyes. He strode over to her dresser and opened the top drawer. Silly, Buffy such a creature of habit. She still kept her unmentionables at the top. As he rummaged through the drawer, he heard a child’s cry from outside. He strode over to the drapes and tried to peer out without getting hit by the harmful sun rays. He looked down to the porch off of Buffy’s house and noticed the little girl he must have just heard. But she wasn’t crying, she was laughing. “Again, Aunt Lizzy, Again!” The little tot squealed as Buffy swung her little body around in the swimming pool. Spike watched as the girl that couldn’t be more than four held on to Buffy as the frolicked in the pool. Buffy must have felt his eyes because she looked up at the window and smiled. She took the little girl she called ‘Jenna’ out of the pool and started to dry her off. Quickly she dried herself off, and they started to head towards the house. Spike just stood there staring out, Buffy never mentioned a little girl, but she certainly looked like Buffy. Little pig tails, small little body in a cute bathing suit. If he found out who did this to her and left her single, he would throttle them.

Buffy quietly slipped into the bedroom as Spike was lost in his thoughts. She came up behind him and put her hand on his back. He jumped and turned around. “I know the house is filled with windows, I’ll fix it soon, if we are really careful, you can avoid a lot of direct light. Would you like to come out and meet Jenna? She is a sweet girl.” Buffy turned around, grabbed some clothes, and headed for the bathroom to get redressed. Spike stood there with his jaw clenched and his hands flexing as he tried to regain some sort of control. His anger was not meant for an innocent child. Buffy walked out of the bathroom dressed in a light pink top and short set. “Come on, Spike.” She grabbed his hand as she headed for the door. Opening it slowly to make sure he wasn’t hit with any rays, she walked out with the vampire in tow. They made their way down the hallway and down the stairs to greet the little pixie sitting at the kitchen table drawing a picture.

“Hey, Jenna, this is my friend, Spike, “Buffy talked in sweet tones as she addressed the little girl.

Jenna raised her head from her project and smiled sweetly at the man standing in front of her. “Are you like my mommy’s friends that sleep over?”

Buffy choked. Knowing Jenna’s mom probably had a different ‘friend’ sleep over each night.

“Sweetie, Spike is my friend and yes, he slept here over night. Spike, this is Jenna, Sam’s daughter.” Buffy looked at Spike as she addressed him. Obviously from what the little girl said, Buffy wasn’t Jenna’s mother. She must be babysitting for Sam. A thrill coursed through Spike’s body. Now that he got a better look at the girl, she didn’t look at all like Buffy except the pigtails. Her skin was a much deeper shade, her eyes were deep brown and her hair was not as smooth.

Spike sat down next to the little girl and asked, “Do you mind ‘f I draw a little bit, too?” The little girl’s eyes filled with wonder, adults usually didn’t want to draw with her. She nodded and handed him a piece of paper that she was drawing on. Buffy smiled at Spike as he watched the little girl draw with a purple crayon. Buffy silently asked Spike if he was OK so she could leave the room. He nodded as his attention was nabbed by the four year old.

“You draw, Aunt Lizzy, I drawing Daddy.” She ordered and Spike complied with mischief in his eyes. Buffy walked out of the room to start straightening the house. Five minutes later, Dawn breezed in through the French doors of the kitchen and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Spike drawing with Jenna.

“Aunt DAWN!!!!!!!” The little girl screamed when she looked up. She jumped off the chair and ran to jump on Dawn. Dawn lifted the girl with ease only achieved with practice.

“Hey there, Jenna, how are you?” Dawn asked and looked over at Spike with a smile. He sat down his crayon, realizing he was still drawing and the little girl was not there anymore.

“Good, make me some chocolate milk.” The little girl had more in common with Buffy, bossiness. Buffy heard Dawn’s entrance and came back into the room.

“Hmmm, what do we say, missy?”

“Please??” Jenna batted her eyes at Dawn and Buffy scolded.

“That’s better, no chocolate milk, just plain of vanilla.”

“Banilla!” The girl squealed. Dawn put the girl down as Buffy reached for the milk in the refrigerator and a glass from the cupboard. Jenna ran out of the room to go get some toys.

“What’s she doing here?” Dawn asked and sat down next to Spike at the table.

“Her mom came here, pounding on the front door like a banshee at nine this morning, insisting since I stood up for Sam in the courtroom that I must take her today. Evidently, she had an ‘interview’ today and couldn’t find Sam.” Dawn rolled her eyes and was about to comment on the poor excuse of a mother, but Jenna flew into the room with a teddy bear clutched in her arms and she climbed on Dawn’s lap. Buffy sat the glass of milk in front of Jenna.

“Um, Dawn, I have a couple errands to run, could you watch Jenna for a little bit?” Spike’s eyebrows rose, wondering why she didn’t ask him.

“Sure thing, Buff.”

“Lizzy, she’s Lizzy.” Jenna piped in.

“Yeah, she is your Aunt Lizzy, but she is my Buffy.” Dawn said as she tickled the squirming bundle on her lap.

“Spike, could you come here for a second?” Buffy asked on her way up to her room. Spike dutifully followed, but a little hurt that she didn’t trust him enough to watch over the pint size. He followed her into the bedroom. “Spike, I hope you don’t take offense that I asked Dawn to watch over Jenna while I go run the errands, but Jenna knows Dawn. And if Jenn’s bitch of a mother ever found out I left her with a man she just met five minutes ago, Sam would go back into court. No matter that she was the one that dropped Jenna off here.” Spike nodded, realizing that her logic was right and she really didn’t mean to offend him. Buffy smiled up at Spike, “I’ll be back shortly. If you want to get any sleep, I suggest locking the door. Jenna tends to get a little nosy.” She winked and walked out of the room and downstairs.
~*~*~*~

Buffy came back with in the hour carrying steaks for dinner and a couple containers of blood for Spike. She breezed into the kitchen to put her purchases away and noticed Dawn sitting at the table. “Where’s Jenna?”

Dawn smiled and informed her that Sam came by to pick Jenna up. Evidently he got a message from his Ex about where he could find their daughter. Buffy shrugged and continued to put stuff away. “Where’s Spike?”

“I think sleeping; he locked the door, so I don’t know.” Buffy giggled. “So you two had the talk?”

Buffy shook her head, “Nope, not THE talk, just the start of it. When I finally found him, it was almost pre dawn, not much talking time. But he knows much more now than he did last night.” Buffy smiled a little. “I think he is willing to stay and talk things out.” She heard movement upstairs, Spike must be awake and listening in on the conversation.

“Does that make you happy?” Dawn prodded, also hearing a distinct sound of Spike.

“Well, it doesn’t make me unhappy. Dawn, you know I don’t know how I feel about it. I mean it’s been six years and we both have changed. But I do know we still have that passion that made us wild in the first place. If we can put reigns on the passion and stubbornness long enough to work stuff out, I’d be happy.” She heard the foot falls of Spike on the steps. He wanted in on the conversation. Both women looked over to the door from the great room, waiting for the object of their thoughts to appear.

Spike heard the conversation that the sister’s were having about him. Buffy actually admitted that she wanted to work things out and that she wanted him around. He wanted to be around, but in more ways than one. Sleeping in her bed, surround by her things, her scent was driving him crazy. Last night, he was sure he still loved her even more than he had in the past. She was so powerful, not physically but emotionally too. After Buffy got their father to help with the money issue, Dawn made her push him away for her. Spike knew there was no love lost between father and older daughter so he knew what kind of pride Buffy had to swallow to ask for help from her father. She may even hate her father more than she hated him. This revelation showed Spike that Buffy truly changed.

After she left the house, he took her advice and locked her bedroom door. The little girl, Jenna, followed him upstairs after a couple minutes and tried the door. Dawn came up after her and carried her away. Spike smiled at himself he still had it with the ladies. He sat down on her bed and took an unnecessary breath. Her scent surrounded him, making him hard. The shear sexual power her scent exuded was driving him crazy. After he heard Dawn and the little girl go out to the beach, he sat himself down at the edge of Buffy’s bed with a piece of lingerie he found in her top drawer. He held the silk up to his nose and breathed in and not noticing any other scent other than hers which meant she wore this when she was alone, no other man has touched it. He slowly unzipped his pants and reached in to massage his already stiff cock. She was truly beautiful and she wanted him back into her life. He knew that wasn’t just a line to get him back to the house. He breathed deeply into the silky fabric again. Buffy. Spike lay back on the pillows on the bed. Buffy’s bed. Up and down. Slow and steady. Up. Spike thought about his hand is it was Buffy. Down. He squeezed the base and touched that sensitive spot behind his balls. Mmm, Buffy. Up. Reaching the tip he squeezed gently as his pre-cum oozed out. Down. He thought about the argument the girls had last night. From what was said and not said, Dawn seemed to run to Buffy to clean up her messes. Including that wanker father, Hank. No don’t think about him, take another sniff of Buffy’s lingerie. Up. Buffy wanted him around, wanted to work things out. She forgave him. She’s moved on and healed. Down. She’s moved past her heavenly visit and decided this world wasn’t too bad. Ahhhhhh, he achieved paradise. Well, the only paradise he has found since the last night he was with Buffy. He looked around and found some tissues to clean up his mess. Spike looked around to discard the wad of tissues and couldn’t find any, so he went to the bathroom. Inside he found a large sunken in tub and many bath oils adorning the ledge of the tub. Spike heard the front door open and a man call out. A man was familiar enough to just walk into Buffy’s house. Spike was enraged, but quickly figured out it was Sam looking for the little girl. He absent-mindedly picked up various bottles of oils, smelling each one. Finally, he picked up an almost empty bottle and smelled it. Mmm, she still liked her strawberries and vanilla scent. His cock stood at attention again. It has been too long since Spike smelled Buffy, but his body remembered what it was supposed to feel. Quickly, he poured some of the liquid in his hand and went to pleasuring himself again. When, not if, Buffy and him got to the point to be intimate again, he didn’t want to ruin it by spilling his load too soon. She usually had at least two orgasms before he would summit to his pleasure, Spike didn’t want her to be disappointed. If things kept going the way they were, all she would have to do is look sideways at him. After he finished his second time, he heard Buffy’s come into the house. He listened in the bedroom, willing her to come up to him, but she was talking to Dawn about them. He quickly got dressed and headed downstairs.